• Published 25th Jan 2013
  • 453 Views, 4 Comments

Crystal Splitterz - The Ponies of Power - Mr Chimokun



Join the ponies as they team up with characters of old and new to face an unique enemy.

  • ...
 4
 453

"You're Not Scientifically Possible..."

When will they understand...that this is necessary for our survival?...if this is not done...the universe will surely die. This is the only way we can live-so that others may live. But woe, most beings disagree with this fact. They choose to be burdened by this, enslaved by this. How can they be so....selfish.

I can only lament for the one...named Discord.

...

The flapping of giant white wings echoed through the daytime sky, slicing through the air at a astonishing rate. Each wing began beating in unison, the rush, the adrenaline, carrying its master onwards towards an unknown goal. The white alicorn flew at supersonic speed, her fear feeding her desperation to keep moving forward towards her destination, the Canterlot Trophy Garden. She desperately looked down, in fear her wings taking her over her destination. Finally, hastily arriving at the renowned trophy garden she glanced over to see a great surge of green energy, one which enveloped the center of the area. As she approached the apex, her heart began beating uncontrollably. Her complete tension only surfaced further when she emerged from the bend and saw her target.
A merry Discord, shooting magic missiles throughout the area, picked up various objects and touched them, changing them into various oddities. The magic bolts of chaos transformed the apple trees around him into soft, blue cotton candy, flipping the trunks over, the apples beginning to grow on top of the roots. Discord began pulsing a green glow which sparked through the area, blinding the white alicorn momentarily. But his bliss, unknown to the world around him, only became apparent to her when the white alicorn approached his pedestal.

As I feared...

...

Far above the skies of Equestria, in the beautiful city of Cloudsdale, the pegusi curiously stopped their busy activities to spot a peculiar scroll nailed onto a board. The scroll, which gave the winged ponies new obligations, seemed to almost come overnight. This peculiar statement, with the approval of the Princess herself, gave the order...to cover the vicinity of Ponyville and every major city, with heavy cloud cover over a ten mile radius. They stared blankly at the curious scroll, confused, baffled at the mere thought of drastic action, even with the cost of lives. Wonder began to flow into the minds of the winged ones, confusion and anger pouring steadily behind it.
How can such task be possible? Even if this mission could be done, the pegusi thought, why in just specific areas? Were the other smaller cities and towns in Equestria equally as important? Las Pegasus and Phillydelphia surely needed some relief from the heat, and the limited reserves of precious water, only to be used in such emergencies, could only be used sparingly if such case arises. But even if the worst case scenario were to occur, surely it wouldn't be too bad. After all, when was the last time a cloud shortage ever occurred...
These questions perplexed the winged civilians of the great Cloudsdale, as their motives were now set into motion, brought on by fears of failure, burdened with the thought of damaging risks. Water was quickly rushed into the city as the pegusi carried it from the ground up to the cloud factories amidst their own safety. Unfortunately, at this alarming rate of work, the water supply near the emergency reservoirs began to run dry. The quantity was scarce enough as it was and the amount of workers assisting was barely enough to keep the input steady. Areas were closed off, The Factory shut down, and the pegusi worked diligently around to clock to provide such alleviation to the conflicted earth ponies below them. On and on the winged peons worked, pushing the clouds over and over towards their desired destination, stuffing each gray cloud into a specific location. As much as they worked however, their efforts to control the heat took its deadly toll on the health of the pegusi. The humid, dry air made them incredibly weary and fatigued, substantially slowing their efforts. As many of the workers dropped out of the sky, the soldiers of Cloudsdale, with serious, worried looks on their faces, rushed towards their aid before plummeting towards the ground.

Continuing on for days, the cloud cover over Ponyville was ensured constant.

On ground level, the citizens of Ponyville were greeted to a much gloomier day than previously envisioned. Humid, yet bearable, the ponies slowly stepped outside to greet the peculiar day with bright shining faces, relieved that the chains holding them back were slightly loosened. In Sugar Cube Corner's Diner, the five pony friends and Mrs. Cake, with the absence of Rainbow Dash, stared upwards towards the sky, to see a much fatigued brown pegasus cling onto a cloud for dear life after what appeared to be a dehydration attack. The pegasus guard, finding the poor worker pony barely holding on, carried her across his back towards safety as another blue pegasus took her place. Rarity shook her head pitifully, as Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie stood on the outermost edge of the diner entrance to peer up.
"Oh, those poor darlings. They've been working their wings to the bone keeping the sky covered up. When are they gonna stop?"
"I don't know," a much worried Twilight responded. "But I have a feeling it won't be anytime soon."
"Hopefully, Rainbow Dash comes back in one piece. I'm still worried for her and for the other pegusi too." A concerned Fluttershy remarked. "I w-would've went up there to help."
"Fluttershy, you know you can't fly fast enough to help them out. Also, we don't want you getting hurt or passing out. We care you that much." Twilight held a book up in attempts to fan herself.
"I know, b-but hopefully she doesn't get into trouble. I don't think Rainbow will finish in time."
"Nah, she will. She like the big leader of the pegusi group, she'll pull through. In fact, I bet she'll just drop in on us anytime soon." Pinkie stuffed a cupcake into her jaw as Mrs. Cake passed her a cold beverage.
"Well it's best that we leave them working then. What can we do?" Mrs. Cake responded.
"I don't know. Anything but this...it's just too much for the poor things." Rarity remarked with a disdained look.
As Rarity sat down to rest from the damp humidity, Rainbow Dash whooshed from the sky and landed beside them. Breathing deeply, she plopped herself down beside Rarity before catching her breath again.
"So....gasp.....the pegusi....wheeze....are doing all they can....cough...to cover the sky. Its...just too much work. They told me......wheeeeeeze...I could leave."
"Take it easy Rainbow Dash and get yourself some water." Mrs. Cake said as he passed a mug of cold water towards the tired pegasus. The rainbow blur gulped the water down quickly and after giving a burp of relief from the dampness, violently placed the mug down on the table. Applejack shook her head in disappointment.
"Well, I'd reckon it'd be too much for you." Applejack responded in concurrence. "This stickiness is just too unbearable for everypony, even for some pony like me."
"Something doesn't seem right here," Twilight said curiously as she placed her hoof to her chin in a pondering pose.
"What is it Twilight?" Applejack said.
"Yeah, what gives Twi?" Rainbow stated.
"Well, have you stopped to think...that there is something seriously wrong here? First there was that meteorite, then there's this heat, then the red star..."
"For the last time Twilight, there is no red star. It was just your imagination. A hallucination due to your over-studying. Stress maybe." Rarity gave Twilight a comforting pat on her back.
"No, there really is a star. I saw it."
"Whatever you say, Twilight. I honestly think it's was all in you egghead head of yours." Rainbow snappily remarked.
Twilight pouted as she continued on, pacing the floor steadily.
"I'm curious... because of the fact that it's so unnatural. Not just these occurrences...just the fact that everything seems to be out of place. No...it couldn't be Discord...could it?"
"Now why on earth would it be Discord, darling?"
"Yeah. Why would it be Discord?" Applejack said.
"Well...I don't know. Who else would be causing all this turmoil? It has to be Discord. The thing is...I'm afraid he's gone rogue."
"That's ridiculous." Fluttershy remarked. "I..I could've sworn we saw him turn good again. I mean...he did say he'd swear to do good things over evil."
"And besides...Why would that meanie pants wanna do bad stuff again?" Pinkie added.
"I honestly...have no idea."
"Even if old lizard breath was bad again, we'd just get our trusty elements of harmony and zap him back into a statue again. He wouldn't know what hit him then." Rainbow made a boxing motion with her hooves with a much cocky expression, only to trip over herself clumsily.
As she recovered from her fallen glory, the door suddenly opened. A much panicked Mr. Cake suddenly appeared with two stallion unicorn guards following behind him, carrying a strange round object in a glass container. The object was so dirty at close glance that all that was perceived were piles of dirt in a mound like formation.
"Oh, you can place that over there, on top of that table." The glass like covering on the solid object was removed and the big mound was placed carefully across the tabletop. The ponies watched carefully as the artifact was carefully cleaned with a brush and trowel.
The grey unicorn guard approached Twilight. "Ah, you must be the unicorn named Twilight Sparkle."
"Yes. Is there something I can do for you sir?"
"Affirmative. We want you to tell us what this rock is. We found it in a hole near a hill. We were hoping you would identify it." The unicorn guards finished their cleaning and stood outside Twilight's field of vision.
"Well, I suppose I could give it a try."
Twilight glanced over the table to spot a familiar object- the soccer ball like rock she found after the incident with the meteorite. The same rock that she touched in the crater nights before.
It was a crystal like rock, with jagged spikes surrounding the edges. Trapezoid crystals enveloped the rock with green flakes in between the edges. It shimmered in the light of the room with a green, emerald like glow. Rarity was completely in tune with her boredom only to spot the green crystal, which made her jump out of her horseshoes and squee like a filly.
"OMIGOSH...A SOLID EMERALD! CAN I KEEP IT TWILIGHT? CAN I KEEP IT PLEEEEEEASE?? I BET IT WORTH MILLIONS OF BITS!"
"Umm...Rarity? You can't keep..."
"FOR NOW ON I'M GONNA NAME YOU TOM JR..." Rarity began rubbing the rock in a coveted fashion.
"Umm...Tom Jr.? Seriously?" Twilight sarcastically remarked.
"OOH YES, WERE GONNA GO PLACES AND HAVE YOU CUT AND SHINED AND LOOKING GLAMOROUS...
Through the exaggerated fantasy of Rarity's love life with an inanimate object, Twilight quickly turned over to the guard and began to analyze the crystal.
"The crystalline structure of this is very unnatural. Cleavage looks normal, the structure looks inverted. It seems jewel like, but I don't know for certain unless we open it. Does any pony have a way to open this up?"
At the reaction of these words, the irate Rarity hissed as she waved her hooves uncontrollably to protect her coveted object.
"No... Stay back! I won't let you hurt Tom Jr.!"
"Rarity, we gotta open this up."
"Nooooo!"
The stubborn white unicorn leaped up from the table in attempts to protect her prize. Applejack only hauled her away with much contempt.
"Sorry Rarity, but I think it's time you'd see other stallions...preferably not stone cold ones."
Rarity's wailing only worsened as the unicorn guard lifts a nail and mallet and under command of Twilight, positioned them carefully on the crystalline orb.
"I suspect that the cleavage plane be somewhere over...here." She pointed at the very top of the crystal.
The unicorn guard positioned the mallet carefully onto the nail with his levitation and with a violent swish, slammed the nail firmly with a violent smash.
The stone barely moved an inch. Twilight stared at it puzzled and proceeded to pace around the room nervously.
"That's funny. That didn't seem to do anything. Maybe we can try..."
But the purple bookworm only stopped half sentence when the crystal began to crack. Slowly the fissure extended throughout the gemstone, covering every crevice of its surface until finally splitting apart. The fragments of the shell fell outward from the table, covering the floor with green pieces of metal. Rarity scampered over the group and picked up the emerald like pieces and cradled them tightly around her arms.
"Mine...all mine...hee...all mine..."
Twilight could only shake her head as she approached the shell of the meteorite, only to clearly see the object inside the hollow stone. She gasped, confused and extremely baffled at the object in front of her, not because of the fact this peculiar object was inside a meteorite, but because of its mere existence .
Sitting inside the remnants of the meteor was a solid, baby blue block. A small, cube like block, with a creamy look on its surface. Twilight slowly stepped forward, as the rest of the equines followed suit behind her to peer at this strange box.
"W-what do you suppose this thing is?" Mr. Cake whispered.
"I-I don't know...but whatever it is, get it away from me!" Fluttershy quickly ducks behind Applejack and cowers in fear as the polychrome pegasus flew towards the block, with a much cocky disposition.
"You're all a bunch of fillies if you're afraid of that thing...nothing to it, see?" She reaches out to touch the strange object only to have the block swell up, doubling in size.
"WHOA." The pegasus flew back in surprise as Twilight approaches the cuboid object cautiously. She stared at the artifact carefully for a few minutes, peering from each side, deep in contemplation. After measuring each side of the cube, she finally gasped in intellectual horror.
"NO...NO...NO...NO...NO.."
"Now what it is, Twilight? You look like you saw a rattlesnake." Applejack remarked.
"You're not scientifically possible...you're not scientifically possible...you're not scientifically possible..."
"What is it this time?"
"Well....this is a much perplexing artifact.. but the smooth sides and the sharp edges can only mean one thing. This is..." She pauses nervously to wipe the sweat off her brow.
"What...WHAT??" The equines remarked curiously.
".....a PERFECT SQUARE!!!"
An awkward silence fills the room as she paused and began to whimper. The entire diner burst out laughing hysterically at Twilight's remark as the multicolored pegasus hovered beside her, laughing and pointing at her.
"Good one Twi, that's a good one. You always know how to make a pony laugh."
"But you don't understand...a perfect square can't exist in the universe. Just look at it...it's too PERFECT. The sides, the angles, NOTHING like this exists. I just don't understand...." Twilight once again began to pace the room, even more nervously than before. Applejack took off her hat to cool off and after putting it back on, stared at Twilight's direction.
"I don't really get all these fancy mathematics, but all I see is a box, Twilight."
Pinkie snorted with glee as she bounced towards the block.
"Hee- Hee... yeah, there's nothing wrong with it. I'm gonna poke it." She reached out to touch the block, which felt creamy cool to the touch. After pressing on it, the block moved slightly, which budged her hoof slightly inward, creating a dent. The block shrunk down to its original size as she bounced around, excited about her new discovery.
"O ooh, its squishy...like a gummy! Can I eat it?" Her mouth grew to twice her size in attempts to consume the mysterious block, only for Twilight to wave her hoof at her frantically.
"NO PINKIE...you can't eat the mysterious squishy gummy block...No pinkie you can't play with it either...or take it home...or let Gummy jump on it...."
"Aww, I never get to have any fun." She trotted away disappointingly.
Lifting the block over to the glass container once more, the guards burdened themselves with its cargo and covered the container with a cloth.
"Our associates will take this back from you, thank you very much. We'll have this evaluated further at the Canterlot Library. We'll let our scholars determine whether it's an asset...or a waste." With these words, the guards exited the diner in haste as the Cakes closed the door and began tidying up. Rarity only scoffed as she was still entranced by the green jewels enveloped around her.
"Who cares, as long as I have this beautiful jewels with me. After the loss of Tom Jr., I needed something to keep me company. And you'll make me sooo famous with my new dress designs, ooh they're going to be simply divine..."
"Umm, Rarity? Remember when I said you couldn't have it..."
"What is it Twilight, can't you see I'm admiring my prize? I don't think anything will ruin this for me..."
"That's what I've been trying to tell you, Rarity. That "emerald" that you have there? It's crystal olivine. Completely worthless."
Rarity, out of sheer shock, looked down upon the green olivine crystals and discarded them aside. She placed her hoof on her head and stared back at the shards, snorting angrily.
"Sigh...Just my rotten luck."

...

Dusk blanketed the land of Equestria as the citizens of Cloudsdale gathered back towards their city, after a hard day of grueling work. Their efforts now fulfilled, the pegusi slowly flew back towards their homes to rest. The winged civilians gave sighs of relief as they stared down at the cloud covered cites below them, happy that at least they'll be greeted with rain the next day, relieving them even further from the heat. As they approached their homes, slight vibrations could be felt on the cloudy floor, which startled the pegusi slightly. Disregarding these disturbances as nothing abnormal, they crawled into their fluffy, spongy beds and dozed into complete slumber. Their final thoughts slowly ebbed from their minds as their exhaustion slowly got a hold of them.

Hmm...that's funny...we're up in the air, yet the clouds are shaking...

The great city of Cloudsdale...was slowly collapsing.

Author's Note:

This was suppose to be a lot longer... but due to a tight schedule i have to publish what i got. I will probably publish every Friday, (that is if ppl even read this...) since its a good day to do so. Also...ill tell you what the crossover is about...in due time.

Comments ( 1 )

Hmm, interesting. Let's see where this goes. Word of advice though, NEVER rush to publish what you have. I can see a lot more errors in this one than the last one. After work I'll see if I can't point them out. Other than that, I'm curious how this will go. Lead on good sir.

Login or register to comment