• Published 23rd Jan 2013
  • 284 Views, 4 Comments

The Loss Of a Lifetime - 456got

  • ...
 4
 284

Chapter 3

I wake up with some memory still being lost. I now remember where I came from but I still do not know my real name or how I got here. 2 weeks have passed since my arrival in this world. I have become better friends with the ponies that had found me on the ground that one day. Fluttershy has become one of my really close friends. She has been there for me in times of hardship. I haven’t decided whether or not to tell the others about where I came from in fear that they would tell the princess and make me go back. I enjoy this world much better than my old one.
Today is the day that they decided to take me to Princess Celestia to see if she can help with my memory. I make my way down the hall to clean up and look nice when I present myself to her. I look at the outfit that Rarity has so kindly made me for this occasion. I get dressed and wait for the ponies to get here before we head off to Canterlot. I hear a knock on the door and go to answer it hoping for it to be my friends, but it wasn’t. There in front of me was a white pony with multi colored hair which seemed to move like there was wind, which there wasn’t.

“And who might you be?” I ask cracking a smile.
“Hello, I am Princess Celestia; I have come to speak with you about what has happened. Twilight has told me that you have memory problems?”
“Yes I am having trouble remembering who I am or where I came from.”

She gives me a puzzling look as if I had said something that didn’t seem right.

“May I come in?” she asked.

I let her in and behind her followed all of my friends. I hadn’t seen them at first but they had this awkward sadness in them.

“What’s wrong?” I ask.
“Well you see, it isn’t really normal for someone to lose memory like that. I can try a spell to fix it but I’m not sure if it will work.

If it doesn’t then you will have to come with us to Canterlot to see if we can get this figured out.”
I now see why my friends have this sad look on their faces. They did not want me to go. They knew something bad would happen to me. I was afraid of what would happen to me if I went, but if the spell didn’t work I’d have no choice but to leave with her. Fluttershy of all looked the most down. I had trusted her with everything. I told her the truth about where I came from and everything else. She just supported me and promised never to tell anyone. She and I had something going for us. Truth be told, I was actually starting to really like her.

“Are you ready to give this spell a try?” asked Celestia.
“Yes” I replied

She tapped her horn to my head and then there was a big flash of light. I tried to regain my vision as the light had impaired it. I try and think to see if it worked, trying to recall the past events. Nothing, I still can’t remember. I start to get nervous in fear of what she would do if she takes me with her. I didn’t want to leave my friends.

“Did it work?” Celestia asked.
“Yes, it worked. Thank you very much for helping me with this.” I answered.

Author's Note:

Thank you for reading my story. I would love any criticism as it will help me write as this story develops
-456got

Comments ( 2 )

In my personal opinion that is too big of a time jump, especially this early in the story. The beginning chapters are key to setting the foundation of the story. They should have quite a few scenes to get the ball rolling. Here are a few I recommend:
-What happened when arriving to Ponyville?
-Did Sketch acquire a job?
-How did their Friendship grow?
-Were there any problems/disasters that occurred?
-Were there any Memorable events?
And the big one.
-Why did it take five months to get a meeting with Princess Celestia?
These are just a few I can think of. I can see this story has a bit of potential, but I want to see it grow into something beautiful.

2008917 Thank you very much for the advice. All i can recommend is staying in tune with the story as the way it planned to develop will answer most of these questions. There is a reason to all this time jumping madness. :pinkiehappy:

Login or register to comment