• Published 30th Jan 2013
  • 597 Views, 4 Comments

Staying Neutral - NeutralZ1



It follows up the story of Escape to Paradise, except what would happen if he was a unicorn and who would he encounter?

  • ...
4
 4
 597

His Perfect Flame

After the Trial was finished, Neutral was commended an Elementalist as it was a very special day for him. However the real celebration is in a week.

Throughout the week Neutral learned greatly from his element and learned exciting ability to create fireworks. He could not however leave prior to that week until the celebration has ended. Spitfire is excited to hear him pass, but also worried why she couldn't see him. Neutral just became a dangerous being holding the element of fire and bend it to his heart contents, he'll need practice with his element until he's able to control a lot better than he would. Spitfire however heard the news and did agree, but what she didn't get is why couldn't she write him a letter until after?

As the week progressed Neutral did nothing but practice and trained to learn even further than anyone. The double doors opened to room letting a purple unicorn with violet mane and tail with a purple streak to her left side, purple eyes; her cutiemark was a star of some sort.

"Neutral," Celestia spoke proudly as Neutral stood below the stairs of the throne with a white robe on, proud to be an Elementalist as Neutrals head stood high. "In all my years of seeing such wonderful and smart ponies throughout the centuries, each pony was different to the next. Most ponies have failed to overcome their fear but you, Neutral the Fire Elementalist had proven worthy of your element and for that survived the Trial. This robe has sewed by the strands of a phoenix's feathers after shedding of course. It will never tear and all the elements are unaffected by the robes itself, other words you'll never burn yourself." Celestia paused for effect and smiled as her tone of voice sound exciting, "Please focus your element on the robe and combine just how you combine your soul with the fire."

Neutral nodded as he laid down and closed his eyes feeling the flames surrounding him. The fire that surrounded him look as though either the floor is fireproof or he prevented the fire from lighting it up. As the flames surround his robe changed from white to a hot rod design except the flames tinted blue as the background look as though it was a night sky, like fire on a cold night. As the flames halted Neutral stood up and looked at his new robe and smiled, "Wow."

"Isn't it beautiful Neutral?" Celestia asked as Neutral simply nodded over the amazement he done for himself. "The robe symbolizes who you are as an Elementalist and from the looks of it." She paused as she examined the robe, "You may very well be the light to the night, travel by night scaring off any who wish to injure you or the one who travels with you." Celestia smiled at the grey unicorn. "Use this element wisely and soon great things may happen someday. You are dismissed." Celestia smiled.

"Hello Neutral," The purple unicorn with the dragon said.

"Do I know you?" Neutral asked unaware of her presence.

"No but I know you, I'm Twilight Sparkle and I must say I was expecting... a colorful Elementalist." Twilight spoke as she looked top to bottom.

"What do you mean by that?" Neutral spoke questioning the young purple unicorn.

"I mean your mane and everything about you. Anyway's that's not why I'm here; I'm here for interviews on all the currently existing Elementalists. Did you know four of the fire past Elementalists before you did not pass the Trials." Twilight said.

Neutral blinked and tilted his head, "And you want to know how I feel?" Twilight simply nodded before he replied. "Well nothing at all really, sure I can be scared but I'm out and can't remember a thing about it?" He scratched his head trying to remember.

"Hold on," the purple dragon spoke. "How can you not remember the Trial thing? Is that the point of a trial is to remember what you learn?"

"Spike!" Twilight hushed the dragon.

Neutral lifted an eyebrow to the dragon who looked down sheepishly, "Well that's the thing, I can't remember and what I think is a good reason for me not to remember what happened in there."

"You think something bad happened, scary even?" Twilight tilted her head.

Neutral looked up at Twilight, "Anything can and will happen what those Trials do is certainly scary to itself."

Twilight nodded her head like she's memorizing all of this. "I must study how you're able to control this magic!" Twilight was excited about.

Neutral scorned her, "It's not just magic you teachers pet! It's very real and exists." He said taking an offense to her statement.

"I'm sorry about that, I hadn't realize it wasn't the same thing." She gave a worried look.

Neutral sighed and turned her back on her then looked back, "Well come on then." He walked out of the throne room with Twilight and Spike behind.

Celestia sat there thinking about what had just happened, "Keep an eye on Neutral." She spoke to her guard who quickly bowed and ran off to find the group.

In the back of the castle grounds where the royal guard train, Neutral, Twilight, and Spike stood as Neutral himself give them a show.

Neutral horn lit a flame as fire burst out like a punctured gas leak. The flames were literally spiraling like a tornado as their surrounded by the fire.

Twilight and Spike looked around them and feared they may be burnt, "This doesn't look safe!"

Neutral smiled and shook his head, "Are you afraid?"

"What?" Twilight questioned him.

"Are you afraid of the fire? The very existence of life that kept us alive from the cold, from starving, from our demise. Do you fear the flames that saved you many, many times and have not realized it?" The tornado flame became more like a bubble as it trapped her in with him. "The fire is alive and must feed and you despise its nature for feeding as what you've seen carnivores from feeding."

"Are you crazy?! Fire is not alive!" Twilight lashed out on him who flinched at her reaction but remained calm.

"Fire is very much alive, why do you think it tries to hold onto life? The reason we fear fire is because can't control once the candle has been tipped over." Neutral popped the bubble of fire and now the ground is lit aflame but it was yet again forbidden to move from its spot under them. "Don't worry it won't hurt you unless you're afraid... are you?"

Twilight started panic and Neutral quickly put out the fire like candle with a swift breath of air. "You are crazy!" Twilight snapped at him as he sighed shook his head.

"I guess I can't make you believe me huh?" Said the disappointed grey unicorn. "Anyways are you done with your research then? I have somewhere to be."

Twilight simply scorned him, "Yeah we're done, here." She walked away with Spike on her back who also scorned him.

Standing alone Neutral collected his thoughts, "Welp I scared someone off with fire, although now I can be with Spitfire now."
------------------------------------------------------------
On his way to Spitfire's home he had thoughts of what if he burned down the whole place of Canterlot? Not that he's going to, but what if Celestia gave him too much slack and his true intentions were to burn everything? Not like it mattered since it'll never happen.

As he walked he felt a boop on his head, he looked up to see Spitfire looking at him and smiling, "Hey nerd."

"Nerd?" Neutral turned to her and tilted his head.

"Nerd." She giggled as she land to hug him, "Anyways I'm glad you passed the Trial! What was it like?"

Neutral shrugged his shoulders giving a confuse look, "I have no idea."

Spitfire lifted a brow, "But you passed right?"

Neutral nodded his head, "Yes, but I once you pass you can't remember what happened. You don't now how many times I've said this today. Hey wait a second, how did you find me?"

"I was on my way to the castle after my daily exercises and found you," she smiled.

"Uh huh," the grey unicorn lifted his brow for moment before he giggled jokenly.

"Any chance I get a personal show from you?" Spitfire gave a toothy grin to Neutral.

Rolling his eyes Neutral nodded and his head, "Of course anything for you."
------------------------------------------------------------
Just outside of the Canterlot walls, Neutral stood by the dirt roads while Spitfire laid on the clean crisp grass as he gave her a show she will not forget.

The Fire Elementalist's horn glowed orange as fire spew out like a whip. It went many directions including around Spitfire who was a bit worried. The fire soon created what appeared to be a barrier around them, "Do you except this element, my flame? The most beautiful wom- mare I've laid my eyes on?" Neutral spoke in a serious tone.

Spitfire's emotions was a mixture of fright, confusion, and lush. Spitfire was speechless to even say what she was thinking.

The Elementalist gave a hard sigh and decreased the barrier around them as it passed around their bodies unscathed. Spitfire who was a bit relieved of the barrier, but cautious on what he was going to do next with the ball of fire. The fire began to collapsed on to itself like a black hole. Tossing it in the air with his magic it exploded like a firework.

Neutral looked back at Spitfire who smiled at the hybrid fireworks he had created. "Fireworks... Oh FIRE WORKS!" She laughed at herself as Neutral did as well.

"I suppose you liked it?" Neutral asked the yellow pegasus.

"I love it, I've never knew fire could be so..."

"Beautiful as you?" Neutral finished her sentence before a few giggles broke the silence. Turning around, the students of "The School For Gifted Unicorns" must have been out from school and saw the explosion from the air.

Spitfire stood up and walked over to the young unicorns expecting autographs, but instead went toward Neutral who was surprised by the outcome, "Ehh."

"Teach me how to do that!" One unicorn asked the quiet grey unicorn.

"I really can't?" He responded as he looked at Spitfire for help who only shrugged not knowing what to do as he disappointed the young unicorns.

"Tell you what," he continued. "How about the next time fireworks are being used I'll give a show okay?"

They all smiled and cheered as they went to their homes.

"That was a bit strange," Spitfire spoke as Neutral turned toward her. "At least you're the one to... Take the heat." She snickered as Neutral rolled his eyes. "I just want ask though, what do you mean by 'your flame'"?

The Fire Elementalist looked directly in the eyes, "Fire is a beautiful thing when controlled; the fire in a candle is calm and beautiful as much as you are calm and of course beautiful. But of course when you're angry the candle has been tipped and you turn ugly fast, that's why I want what's best for you if you and I get more involved."

His flame gave her best poker face and walked up to Neutral. She closed her eyes and sighed heavily out and raised her foreleg and hit his side. Neutral still stood as that hit knocked his breath out and soon met with a kiss from Spitfire herself, "I don't know whether or not to take it as a compliment or not so I'm giving you this. And yes I would honestly love to get more involve over time.. Nerd." She said as her forelegs wrapped around his neck as she hover in the air. "We should do something cause daylight is... Burning."

"You and your puns I swear," Neutral spoke as he led her down the road.

Author's Note:

Sorry about the late update guys.

Comments ( 1 )

I finally read this after a long time from reading the original story. I am not disappointed. This was great. I can't wait for more!

Login or register to comment