• Published 30th Jan 2013
  • 597 Views, 4 Comments

Staying Neutral - NeutralZ1



It follows up the story of Escape to Paradise, except what would happen if he was a unicorn and who would he encounter?

  • ...
4
 4
 597

Elemental Unicorns

Waking up to see a dark room of the infirmary he felt like someone was watching him. Of course they would after all he was not only an alien here in this universe, but also a dangerous unicorn who holds the element of fire.

Wide awake and in the middle of the night from the sound of nothing. Nothing could be heard from outside the infirmary indicating everyone is asleep. Sitting up to look around what could find in the darkness he noticed his wounds somehow healed faster than expected. Although he was healed it was only partially, like stitching a wound to prevent infection. Neutral waddled out of the sheets of the bed and noticed a tail behind him, his tail. He tugged on it and he couldn't believe he had a tail as he wagged it back and forth enjoying a fifth limb.

"Neutral, we expected you," a mysterious female voice spoke out from the darkness. The alerted unicorn looked toward the sound of the voice. Before Neutral could say anything a dim light arose on the pony's horn revealing her. Dark blue fur coat, greenish blue eyes, and a mane like Celestia's except it looked like a dark night sky full of stars. Even though she was serious by the sound of her voice, he fell absolutely in love with her beauty. Not the kind of love where he wanted her, no. The beauty she gave off even through the dim light was enough to say she's a goddess.

Without thinking he immediately jumped off the bed to bow down to her. Realizing he was injured forced him to lay on the floor making the goddess to question his actions. "What tis the meaning of this?"

Neutral stood up for the first time since he was here in this dimension. Legs shaking from the pain he looked up at her, "You're just... Are you a goddess?" he asked. Despite standing he somehow instinctively knew how to.

The dark blue pony stood watching him shake and wobble, "Princess Luna and we want were studying you."

Neutral blinked several times before he could come out with an answer, "Two Princesses? You're telling me they're two rulers and what do you mean by studying?" Giving up at standing he went to lay back on the bed cringing as he tried to get comfortable.

"We entered your dreams as thou slumbered. Discovering your actions thou escaped thy dimension from whence you came." Luna spoke straight forward and to the point.

Before she could continue Neutral interrupted her rudely, "You went into my dreams without my permission?!" His anger was rising as Luna caught by surprised.

"Calm down young one, we only saw your present dream, not past nor present!" Luna spoke back silencing him.

The two stood silent in the dark for several seconds until Neutral spoke out, "What's going to happen next?"

Luna's next words were without the doubt something that caught him off guard, "Our sister, Princess Celestia wishes you to join us. We want you with the other Elementals. We only want one request from you. Our Royal Guards will protect you or thou others who you wish to injure."

Neutral simply sighed in defeat, "Fine, whatever. Its not like I'll hurt anyone and I think with these powers and magic I'll be fine."

Luna lashed back out him, "How dare you! Our guards will defend you from any intruder who you may killed! Thou Royal Guards roll is too defend our citizens from you, Neutral thou Fire Elementalist!"

Neutral thought it over and it was true he may kill someone if he defended himself. By having Guards with him they'll not only protect him, but also protect the assailants from an elementalist. Luna spoke again in a gentler tone, "Every Elementalist has an escort for thous duties outside the castle. We want what is best deserved for the ponies. Neutral, tomorrow will be thy day we move you to thou room. You will greet the rest of thou Elementalists." with that said she turned without saying goodbye and a glimpse of what appeared to be wings, another alicorn he thought. Taking a closer look resemble what appeared too be a crescent moon on her flank. She had open the door filling the room up with light before closing it. He wondered what these Elementalists do and what were their purpose? He still couldn't shake the thought about the stream of fire chasing him down to his fall which made him cringed at the thought again.

Moving his hoof in the darkness, he tries to find some sort of lighting. Pushing a button on the side of a lamp turned it on lighting the room up. It appeared no one was present so he did what a doctor wouldn't recommend. Pulling himself off the bed Neutral gently descended onto the cold floor. The pain still is there and parts of his limbs felt agonizing when he put pressure on them. Gently limping around the partially lighten room he found a clip board with with his basic height, weight, and minor details of what happened to him. He was making a fast recovering from what the chart said that most ponies didn't have. Could be that he's somewhere different or that entry gave him hyper fast recovery "spell" that would work only on that day.

The door open again expecting to be Luna again, instead a purple unicorn with long blue mane tide in a pony tail steps in. "Shouldn't you be in bed resting?" The young looking mare asked while holding an empty bowl using her magic. Her cutiemark has a picture of waves of the ocean.

"I thought should get some fresh air," Neutral ask looking at the mare who went over to the sink. She filled up the bowl with water.

"You will eventually, but first you need to rest while I relieve some of your wounds." The mare asked as she filled the bowl up with water. "My names Coral Reef, I take it your Neutral?" Coral asked.

Rolling his eyes while hoping back on the bed sitting upright, "How are you going to relieve my wounds if you hadn't done that from the very beginning?" The grey confused unicorn asked.

She giggles and looked at him, "I didn't want to disturb your meeting with the princess. Plus you looked like you were in bad shape and the doctor did all he could to help you heal. You just did keep relaxing and recover your missing magic." Coral pushed him back on the bed. The water began to float in mid air and surround Neutral. Taking some of the bandages off she replaced with water. The water felt very strange to him as it sat there like a bag of plastic water and at the same time water itself. He knew there is water, but it didn't seep down his body and his wounds were numbing.

"What the?" Is all Neutral could say making the purple unicorn giggle.

"My I can feel how tense you are. When was the last time you had a massage?" Coral asked.

Neutral thought it over on how he gone to get his neck adjusted, but never had a massage before, "Never."

"Well you needed one." Her eyes wondered to his horn. He felt a slight tug with her magic making him flinch. "How badly does that hurt?"

Neutral growled at her and snapped back at her, "How about I snap your horn and see how that feels!"

The unfazed unicorn simply shook her head, "Been there done that."

"What do you mean? Are you playing games with me?!" He snapped back again.

Coral sighed at his stubbornness, "I'm one of the Elementalists of all things liquid." Coral spoke and Neutral felt his saliva coming out of his mouth. It formed into a pebble size ball and went in his ear. Neutral growled again and was disgusted by what she done to him, "I thought I give you an example or should I start juggling your blood while I'm at it?" She smiled as all the water once on him is now in the bowl. No water was left on him, he is completely dry except for his ear.

"Coral? Are you threatening me?" Neutral asked the smug mare.

Coral shook her head, "I'm only having fun with you hot head. Now see if you can stand."

"That's a funny way of having fun," Neutral added as he made his way to the floor, "Better, I guess?" the unicorn stated his opinion.

"Well if it's not too much may I lead you to your room?" She offered the grey unicorn for assistance.

"Wouldn't have the slightest idea where I would be in the first place!" Talking back to the purple unicorn only to giggle at his response.

As the two Elementalists walked down the hall slowly for Neutral was limping. He looked outside and the sun was just coming up. It must have been seven in the morning and everyone was just up doing there daily activities. Neutral had concentrated on walking and not much socializing since he was limping. As the journey progressed so did his insight on the castle and may even find Celestia's room if anything would happen to him. That's right, he thought about killing her if needed if anything goes wrong or their aggressive toward him with any physical harm.

Passing many rooms and a small staircase for two ponies to walk beside each other lead down to another floor. Neutral spotted two stallions that are unicorns chatting about. Coral spoke to them, "Morning Graves and Tibbers!" she spoke with a positive attitude. "I like you to meet our Elementalists, Neutral the fire starter!" Tibbers, dark orange coat with brown short mane combed messy and green eyes smiles gullible. The size of his body tells he's a chubby stallion, but towers over Neutral and especially Graves. Dark grey coat with long dark grey mane watched Neutral carefully with his pale purple eyes.

Graves was the first to reply giving no expression, "Do you need to give ever Elements special treatment every time one shows up? Nobody cares." Graves rolled his eyes.

"I care!" Tibbers spoke without warning. His cutiemark is a hammer with nails

Coral giggled, "If you don't care so much how come you're making a big fuss out of it?"

"Whatever, the dead makes better companions anyways," Graves stated as he walked away down their previous path. His cutiemark is a shovel.

Neutral looked to Coral who was happy as ever, "The dead?"

She rolled her eyes and said, "His father is a grave keeper and you might wonder why his name is Graves. His father didn't really cared much of him except work. Between you and the Elements, he got so dark over a ghost in the graveyard. Not a scary one no, a cute little bundle of happiness!" Coral squeed over one day seeing it.

Neutral nodded, "I see, so how did he get his...?"

"Oh, fell into a pit hole. Collapsed right under him as he was digging up a grave. He wasn't as hurt as you were, but fracturing a horn sure is painful. He's the ground pony aka earth like plants, rock, and dirt. He's greedy for not making jewels for me!" she answered his question.

Tibbers who stood listening spoke aloud, "Do me now!"

Coral smiles and nods, "Yeah sure thing air head. This numb skull thought it would be "smart" to try and act like an alicorn and become a prince! Sadly it was short lived when he jumped off a two story barn house with hoof made wings using sticks and a sheet!" she sighed at Tibbers idiocy. "Anyways for me I well how do I put this. I was surfing during a thunder storm. Now before you ask it seemed like a good idea at the time, until lightning almost strikes you and sends you flying in the sea and literally grinding on the ocean floor. Well near the shore but there were a lot of reefs down there!"

Neutral lifted a brow at her, "And your parents named you Coral Reef why?"

"Actually I was adopted by my aunt who took me in when my real parents were out at sea." Neutral was about to speak when Coral spoke again. "Oh that reminds me! I forgot about Sparky, our electronic nerd!"

"Say what?" Neutral asked in confusion.

"Sparky, she deals with electric thingings and fixes them. Here's the real kicker, she fell off the dam after being electrocuted knocking her unconscious and broke her horn along the way. You'll find her near any generator." She paused for a moment and spoke yet again, "Actually I should mention us elements tends to be near their element since it like instinct or any of that jazz!"

"Coral Reef!" A voice shouted out from behind them. A light blue mare wearing glasses with blonde mane tide in a bun, her eyes darted like daggers as she threaten Neutral with. Her cutie mark is a conductor rod. "Is this our pyro hazard?" she snapped back unaware of the disabled grey unicorns condition.

"Sparky be nice please!?" Coral spoke for Neutral.

"You seriously going to bother me?" Neutral already had it with her.

"I'm not liking your attitude!" Sparky snapped at him.

"Well tuff luck, Coral show me my room," Neutral spoke while staring her down.

Coral simply rolled her eyes as she led him to a room not far from where they were previously at. "You're sharing rooms with the Graves and Tibbers. Better get some ear plugs, Tibbers snores like a dragon," Coral smiled at him.

"How would you know this?" Neutral asked.

"Well I usually hear tweedle dee and tweedle dumb argue... Well at least the dumb one argues," she giggles to herself as she walked before Neutral stopped her.

"Hold on, what do I do until my horn recovers?" Neutral asked.

Coral looked back and grinned, "Study your element, control it, and be your element. Who knows maybe you'll save a life," she winked and walked away towards the path where Sparky took.

Be your element? Not like catching on fire will do him any good and their stories did make sense after all. Their elements did have to do with the environment around them. Neutral's story, however is still questionable and may have been something to do with the trail of fire following him.

Walking into the room he found it was large with five beds separated by a wall acting like a shelf and a nightstand. The room looked like it was intended to be a sleeping quarters for those whose study a lot. Knowing which may be his since the other three beds had no sheets. Laying down in one of the open beds he thought how life may have gotten easier for him.

"Excuse me sir," Neutral looked up to see what appeared to be a maid. "Will that be the bed you'll be sleeping in?" she asked politely.

"Yeah I guess," the bored grey unicorn replied.

"Anything else sir?" She replied smiling for any assistance.

Before he called reply he felt his stomach rumble of hunger, "What's for breakfast?"

She giggled at his reply, "If you wish to join the Princesses for breakfast that I will help, may I show you the way?"

His thought ran towards the fact the Elementalists joined the Princesses for meals is rather strange, "Yes would you please? Also I need to know where I can get some books."

"The library is in another building, but you may follow me to our majesty," she smiled hinting him to follow.

Neutral grunted as he stood up off the bed and on his feet which he slightly lost his balance before regaining it, "Your majesty," adding to it where she gave him a confused look.

"Right, this way sir," she was unsure of herself.

Upon entering a through a decorated door way is a long cloth covered table. Simple breakfast meals were served as he never thought would exist here. The Elementalists as well as a few decorated ponies and robed ponies slowing eat their breakfast as they listen to Celestia's mini meeting of the morning.

"I also like for the Royal guards checked up if any virus is running around. Shining Armor made it clear to wash your hooves and cover your mouths, we don't want the entire castle infected?" Everyone in the room came to an agreement.

Neutral stepped into an open seat right by Graves and Sparky. Celestia's eye locked to Neutral and smiled, "Nice of you to join us Neutral, are you making friends?" She smiled kindly as the sun pierced through the windows down to Celestia. In the infirmary she wasn't all that what she would have been, but in the light she's gorgeous. He couldn't contain himself staring at the Princess who he used to despise.

After a few seconds of staring and he shook his head and concentrated, "Yeah I would think?" all he could say after seeing her true beauty. Luna sat beside her sister at the end of the table looking just as curious as mostly anyone in the room. Last time he saw her she was beautiful, now she was ordinary as anyone in here besides Celestia. It boggled his mind to think the sun and darkness made them beautiful in such obscure way.

An important decorated military stallion stood up from the table and frowned upon Neutral. "Yeah I would think? Where are your manners Elementalist? You will not speak to our majesty-" the decorated pony was cut off by Celestia.

"It's quite alright Sword Sheath, we've made an agreement who he may treat me as manager." other ponies in room whispered to each other in panic. "He is however not from Equestria, but he did come here to provide help after his accident. I've discussed this to my guards before and the carriage he was riding, the door flew open and he fell out. Who was supposed to be keeping the carriages in check?" Celestia lied through her teeth. The others didn't seem to have an issue or her own guards questioning or even gave the slightest hint they don't know. They were either really loyal and wouldn't question her or they knew from the start she would lie. Either way everyone took the bait and his secret was safe, no wonder they didn't ask about Neutrals past life as a human.

The officer stepped down as Celestia began with Neutrals purpose, "Now most of you know why he's here. Neutral will be studying the laws, physics, and how not to set yourself on fire. This element will provide the means of preventing fires and also save lives of others so we may understand this viscous element." Celestia and spoke as she gave a small smile of trust. "And just like every Elementalist, he shall have access to most of the restricted books in the Canterlot library. Just a reminder to everypony, we will not have any circumstances to use any of the cursed books. Remember last time a certain earth bearer attempted necromancy?" She turned her eyes over to Graves who looked away in anger and embarrassed from reminding them of whatever actions he had done in the past. "I think this morning report has come to a close. Shall we get started?"

The royal guests, decorated officers, and robed ponies all ate their breakfast and for Neutral headed down to the Canterlot library. Finding books he would and cannot believe existed in anyway were here. He picked up one of the books called, "Understandings of Fire," figured he flip through this except he's a slow reader and quite often space out over an idea or a memory he once had. Flipping through the book he began moving closer and closer to fireplace in the reading room of the library. Going so far as to laying in front of the fireplace absorbing the heat it gave off. It felt like without the fire he couldn't live anymore.

Throughout that day he actually enjoyed learning about his new element from how starts to how it ends it was beautiful to him. The ponies who came to the library often talk behind his back not only about where he came from, but mainly why he likes the fire so much. He came across a term much like his own name, "neutral." It said here that when a blowtorch is to the cutting point it's called a neutral. He thought of the term and how it connects to him so perfectly, control fire while called Neutral is coincidence to itself.

After reading for many hours taking minors breaks to the restroom and a nearby restaurant where apparently were informed that he was part of royalty and it would be on them. He still wondered where his so called guards are?

Author's Note:

If anyone could help me out with Luna's fancy talk it would be appreciated.