• Published 20th Jan 2012
  • 2,617 Views, 15 Comments

Spikes Descent - jtylerg



Spike finally wins the heart of Rarity, but his happiness is short lived before disaster strikes.

  • ...
23
 15
 2,617

End of the line

He began to wander the town once again, seeking to draw out the treacherous fiend who took Rarity from him. Defeat weakened his every step and he fell to his knees upon the edge of the Everfree Forest, he felt like he was dying as he lay there, his head spinning violently, but right as he began to give up any hope he had left and allow death to sweep him away, she appeared.

His eyes couldn't believe what they were seeing, his one and only Rarity was standing before him, alive as ever. Knowing that this couldn't possibly be reality didn't stop him from allowing her visage to soothe him. Smiling sweetly to him she beckoned him to follow her, and soon they were back on the doorstep of the home they had just begun to make a life for themselves in.

“Don't be afraid spike, it's all over now”

Weeks passed as Rarity nursed him back to health, caring for his every need. Perhaps this was real after all and the past had simple been a horrid nightmare. He was thrilled to finally be back in the arms of his love and as he gazed into her sparking eyes he felt desire wash over him. Slowly he leaned in for a kiss and found himself face down in the damp grass which he has passed out upon.

Spike finds his way to his feet and wanders back into town, trying to understand what just happened, but it was futile. He rounds the corner and once again sees Rarity in the reflection of a window. However, this time she does not look angry or sad. She doesn't appear to him as the tortured and pained image he saw at Sweet Apple Acres but rather as the mare he had fallen so in love with. Suddenly, Spitfire appears in the reflection, standing behind Rarity with a knife to her throat. Fear engulfs her entire body as Spitfire slits her throat from ear to ear. The horrific image alerts Spike of two things equally disturbing and harsh: the memory of Rarity is slowly disappearing from his mind and he must find and kill the pony who has taken her from him.

Soon, he finds himself wandering through the darkness of the Everfree Forest only to be greeted by a flash of steel which announces the presence of the murderous mare who took Rarity from him. Armed only with his claws and the fleeting memories of his love he vows revenge.

The fight was intense, and spike was holding up pretty well until he allowed his insanity to get the best of him. Her voice rang through his head one last time and he allowed himself to let down his guard. Spitfire seized the opportunity and plunged her knife into Spike's chest, leaving him reeling backward in surprise. He fell, defeated, at the feet of the mad pony before him, life was leaving his body quickly as he managed to mutter some final words.

“Don't worry, I will be with you soon my love.”

Comments ( 13 )

145772
(SPOILER ALERT)











It's one of those story's that makes you think, but no.. he didn't kill her, he just thought he did in his fit of insanity....Spitfire killed her

Well, this creeped me out but interested me. Favorited.

*SPOILERS BELOW*








It was a good story, but I'm curious... what was Spike's reasoning for killing most of the Apple Family?

145777
Wow gee thanks. Way to go RUINING THE WHOLE DAMN STORY BEFORE I EVEN BEGAN READING IT

145990
He asked so i answered :p
you shouldn't have read the comments first.. sorry

145962
(SPOILER ALERT)









Well in his insanity he began to unleash his rage on everyone, it could have been anyone, but he just happened to be at Sweet Apple Acres when he snapped.

Reminds me of "American Psycho"
In the whole sense of "main character deludes himself into thinking he murdered anyone"

146057 Oh, I see. That is understandable. I was kinda confused if I had missed something because he didn't seem to care too much about it afterwards. I'll add spoilers to my post as well.:twilightsheepish:

146071
Yeah, i learned after the guy above me got mad because of one of my posts without spoilers /:

Couldve been better, bet eh. You wanted to a psychological thriller here and I can tell, but you have to spread those things out, this was way to short and honestly the suspense wasn't even there. Any pain, sorry, or anger i could've felt from certain situations was too short to digest really.

I'm guessing the story is based on The Emptiness. I love that album.

why do I get the feeling that this person made this fanfic just to hate on spitfire:rainbowhuh:

Login or register to comment