• Published 20th Jan 2012
  • 2,617 Views, 15 Comments

Spikes Descent - jtylerg



Spike finally wins the heart of Rarity, but his happiness is short lived before disaster strikes.

  • ...
23
 15
 2,617

Who is this madmare who stands before me?

Wandering the street he begins to see her face in the reflection of the nearby windows, chasing him as though he was being mocked. The visions of her usher his wandering, delusional thoughts back to the day when he first fell in love with her. He soon becomes obsessed with the fantasy that she could possibly still be alive. Spike scrambles home in a hastened fury only to be stopped dead in his tracks by a pony who introduces herself as Spitfire, the mare who killed Rarity.

Spike stares at the mysterious mare that stood before him, he knows he has seen her face before but he cant remember where. He racks his brain as he tries to remember who she was, then it clicks. She had been at the Grand Galloping Gala hanging out with Rainbow Dash, she was a member of the most talented fliers in all Equestria, the Wonderbolts. But why would a member of the Wonderbolts kill Rarity?

“Why?” Spike managed to get out as he glared at the world famous flier standing on his doorstep.

“That isn't important right now little guy, all that matters is that you begin to understand that I'm the one who calls all the shots, you're lucky I don't kill you where you stand.”

“I don't care if you kill me, but I deserve to know why this happened!” He screamed at Spitfire.

“Fine, you really wanna know you pathetic worm?” She snapped at Spike, “If it wasn't for your little lover girl Rarity being a little show off and making those stupid little wings the day of the Young Fliers competition in Cloudsdale Rainbow Dash would have never had the will to create the Sonic Rainboom and save her.” She paused for a moment as she stood there breathing heavily, “Ever since that day I have been ridiculed for allowing such a lousy pony to outshine me! Do you know how embarrassing that is? I've nearly lost everything because everypony thinks I'm just a loser now. I simply wanted revenge, and I got it, now I don't want to have to kill you too, so just stand aside and leave me the hell alone!”

“No, I would allow you to live for what you did to Rarity, I loved her and you took that from me. This is intolerable, prepare to die you filthy piece of trash.”

Once again he lunged at the mare that he once used to think was great, preparing to deal the final blow. Years of training however kept her quick on her feet and she darted into the Everfree Forest before he could even scratch her. He collapsed on his doorstep and reality hits him like a bolt of lightning, his one and only love truly was gone, and she was never coming back. There was one last glimmer of hope, he could easily join her in death with the simple slash of a sharp knife or the bitter taste of poison upon his lips, but before that he hungered for revenge upon Spitfire and anyone else who opposed him.