• Published 20th Jan 2012
  • 2,617 Views, 15 Comments

Spikes Descent - jtylerg



Spike finally wins the heart of Rarity, but his happiness is short lived before disaster strikes.

  • ...
23
 15
 2,617

My eyes can't believe what they see

Spike had finally acquired his hearts most longing desire, the beautiful unicorn Rarity. It had been a long battle but he eventually managed to win her heart, and now they lie together in Rarity's bed as night fell upon Equestria. “Goodnight my little spiky wikey.” The stunning pony whispered as she rolled over and kissed the baby dragon. Spike smiled to himself in the darkness, he truly loved the pony that lay beside him and nothing was going to stand in between him and her, not even the fact that they belonged to two different species'. He rolled over, his heart still bursting at the seams with happiness and the fact that this was reality, not just some fantasy created by his mind. For now it was time to sleep and soon morning would surely bring another perfect day with his love.

Bright sunlight poured through the window, illuminating the brilliantly decorated bedroom in which the two lovers lie. Spike began to stir as he awoke, wondering if all the joy he had felt before was only a dream. Looking over however, he saw that it was still a reality as the gorgeous figure of Rarity was beside of him, still asleep. The lovestruck dragon smiled as he leaned over to awake his darling with a gentle kiss upon her lips.

The usually soft texture of her lips felt cold to the touch, leaving Spike taken aback. Her normally gentle, elegant breathing was even softer than usual, in fact she didn't seem to be breathing at all. Confusion began to riddle his mind as he gazed down upon the gorgeous pony that lay upon the bed, surely this was a sick joke. Sweat poured down his cheeks and his mind was racing in a million different directions, then everything seemed to click, or perhaps insanity had finally gripped him as the grim reality began began to set in.