• Published 30th Dec 2012
  • 1,311 Views, 30 Comments

Equestria Online - Featherwing



Alex didn't expect to be in a game filled with ponies, but he is. Didn't expect his sister to go missing, or for his only friend to be an extremely inexperienced purple mage, but... it happen right?

  • ...
3
 30
 1,311

Chapter 6: Connections

Alex stood next to Twilight, she was very close. The pair were surrounded by copies of the Jester. Alex gritted his teeth feeling his body begin to tense. He had to stay focused, it was just like fighting a boss. The only difference, was this was a living person with the ability to elaborate a strategy like him. No problem, he knew coming into this that the Jester wouldn't be a simple stroll in the park. This man was something different. He called himself a genius.

"He's wrong…" Twilight muttered. Alex looked down to her his eyes wide. Something was happening; he felt it ever since he had met the mare again. It kept itching in the back of his head like an ant bite. Was there really a connection between them? It bothered him, every time he tried to push it to the back of his head it continually probed him. He had heard of such a thing, but… they were only rumors. He shook his head as the Jester began his attack. Focus. That was the main goal if they wanted to succeed.

"Twilight… move!" Alex murmured dodging countless shockwaves and skewering the copies to bits. He ducked and weaved. Throughout the entire fight he wasn't able to get a glimpse of the Jester's health. He knew the real one had to be much stronger than his clones. If their plan would was work out than. He gasped getting sent back with the wave.

The Jester from up top the of the inn chuckled. "Come now this is just child's play. I thought someone at your level would be much more of a challenge. You haven't even pulled out any teknics yet. You're just toying with me aren't you?"

Alex stopped staring up at the Jester. His lips tugged into a small smirk. "Caught on ehh…"

Nearby Twilight had snuck away once the fighting had begun. She hated the idea of leaving Alex alone to fight the egotistical menace, but if their plan were to succeed even with Leo throwing them off. The mare had made her way into one of the several homes in the town. Twilight moved through the abandoned home to a large window. Her gaze shifted across the abandoned home to a large oval mirror. This was the plan, it was simple.

The unicorn recollected on her idea that she had told her companions, that the Jester is merely an illusion. Just like Trixie's false magic, he had hidden his true self in the lie that he was truly powerful. It was only his lies that gave him strength, but today that would be his downfall.

A bright light shone through the glass window blinding her sight. The mare placed a hoof over her eyes to block the blinding beams of light. That was the signal from Spike, it would be nightfall soon. If they hoped to defeat Jester this had to work. Twilight shifted behind the mirror and pushed it towards the bright sun rays reflecting from Spike's mirror.

She shone the light threw the mirror into a vacant home. Countless mirrors had been stations throughout the town. They all all came from Rarity; they had gotten all the mirrors they could from her Boutique. It was the perfect plan. Twilight connected the light and a chain reaction ensued. It shot around the town weaving countless beams of invisible light.

Twilight took several hoosteps back her horn glowing. "Get ready for a taste of your own medicine. She shot a beam of purple energy into the mirror and like the light it bounded from mirror to mirror making the spectrum visible.

Alex took quick notice and hopped back the Jester's countless strikes. The teen fought his way into position. His daggers glowed a dark red. He swung his blades into Twilight's spell as it bounded near him creating a huge flash bang. "Now!"

"What?!" The Jester stumbled back startled by the light. The sheer amount blinded his eyes, stunning him. The man held out his hand attempting to cast a recovery spell, but to his dismay he found he really had been stunned by the spell. He felt a hard blast knock him off of the inn and roughly onto the ground. "What! How are you doing this?" The Jester roared in disbelief. His sight slowly came back to him and with it his senses. He struggled to stand up feeling his life bar decreasing significantly. "No…"

In front of him all of his copies had been eradicated and with it Alex was gone.

A cold sensation wrapped itself around his neck. The sharp sides of Alex's blades pulled against his neck. "Surrender." The teen muttered in his ear. "I could use backstab and it'd be over in a second…"

Jester gulped. No one had ever been able to catch him like that before. Being able to see threw his illusions. Drops of sweat fell from his forehead as Alex pulled the blade closer. He felt heat radiating off of the boy. "You have magic… But how your class…?"

"Spec." Alex muttered smiling. "I didn't know I had the magic in me until… until I met her." His eyes glazed over thinking about his first meeting with Twilight. He thought he had only been one of the normal humans here in Equestria, but had been horribly wrong. "I can see your health bar now, that's the downfall to your illusions. Let yourself get hit once and it's over."

Jester smiled weakly feeling his fingers trembling. Just who the hell was this guy? "Your right about my health not being as plentiful as others, but you see that is for a good reason. Its to trick stupid idoits like you!" The Jester's hands glowed a bright red .

Alex felt the impact of his hand hitting his chest sending them blow flying back.

Alex flew hitting the ground, but quickly recovered. "Explosion? That's a suicide spell!"

"That's what you think you fool!" Jester whispered in his ear. The guild leader appeared behind him a wicked smile on his face. Countless copies appeared around Alex each laughing manically. Each blasted him with merciless thunder spells until Alex was a smoking crisp.

The boy coughed falling to his knees. It stung. His arms hit the ground as he struggled to hold himself up. The game had generated pain, this he knew well, but he didn't know pain like this. It hurt, much too bad. There was no blood, but he could feel his health bar had decreased greatly.

"ALEEEXX!" Twilight shrieked his name running outside to help her friend.

Alex tried to stand, but his body wouldn't let him. Had all of the electric attacks paralyzed him, "Twilight? Stay back!" He yelled his eyes darting at her, she hesitated, but the Jester didn't. Like a ghost he was quickly behind the mare and shocked the life out of her.

She crumbled to her side... "Dammit…" He cursed trying to fight the ailment the Jester had inflicted upon him. Rage burned in him. "I… I won't let you…"

Jester kicked over Twilight onto her back a dark look in his golden eyes. "Shall I finish the job?"

"Jester…" Alex choked fighting to stand up his body felt the ailment fighting to keep him grounded, but he wouldn't let it. One foot grounded itself. "I won't let you…"

"Oh…?" Jester wiped the dirt off his robe and made his way over to Alex. The boy gripped tight onto the Jester's clothing struggling to look up at him. HIs head creaked up bit by bit until their eyes met. Anger burned in them. "And just what are you going to do about it? I have the both of your lives in the palm of my hands. After this little scuff I doubt I want to make a deal with you. No. The two of you are much too dangerous to keep around. Face the facts; you've met your match. No one can stop me."

"Trust me…" Alex chuckled dryly looking down. "You're not the best…"

"Oh?" Jester punched the teen across the face and gripped his collar. He yanked him to meet his face. "Then tell me, who is greater than I? The Jester! The man that has conquered this town enslaved countless ponies to his will. The future ruler of Equestria and this whole damned world!"

"I'LL TELL YOU!" A loud voice called out! "RARITY NOW!"

Jester's released Alex his head snapping back to see meet Leo's fist. The boy gasped in shock. Leo gripped the Jester's collar and delivered another devastating blow. The Jester fell back his head spinning at the impact. Leo placed a foot triumphantly on his chest laughing proudly. "I got you right where I want you pretty boy."

A sweat drop trailed down the Jester's face. "So you think!"

Trapped. The Jester's eyes shifted hesitantly to his hands to see that they had been incased in layers of crystal. He looked accusingly at Rarity that trotted next to Leo's side a look of accomplishment in her eyes. That look she gave him made the Jester fume with rage .She was looking down on him! "How… how did you?"

Leo ignored the Jester flexing his small muscles in front of the mare. "See I told you that I'd beat the crud out of this guy Rarity! That was way too easy! All I needed was a little nap."

Rarity gave smile nodding. "Yes, that was rather daring Leo."

"You think this is over!" The Jester spat. His eyes brimmed rage as he stared at the kid. The shackles that held the Jester slowly began to crack. A dark magic shot out of his hands and several copies appeared. This caused Leo to hop back and Rarity to retreat to his side. "There is no way I am going to let some snot nosed brat and his unicorn sidekick beat me!"

Leo narrowed his eyes. "Look, I know that you're mad at Twilight and her friend, but there is no reason to go around insulting them…"

"I mean you idoits!" All the copies yelled in unison charging at Leo.

The boy took a step back balling his fist. Rarity stood ready by his side her horn garnering its magical aura. There were so many Jester's that he couldn't tell which one was real. He prepared himself to blindly charge into the bulk, but something wisped past him first. All the copies shattered into sparkles and the real copy stood stunned. Behind him Alex smirked his blades glowing a dark shade of purple.

Leo laughed. "Good job! But now it's time for the main event! Rarity!"

The mare smiled winking at the Jester. "You've got it." Her horn glowed a bright blue and with it the earth molded to her like capturing the Jester's feet once more.

"L-Leo… come on you don't want to do this. I'm sorry, I truly am me and my colleagues will pack our stuff and go. We shall release all the ponies!" The Jester chided his eyes brimming fear as he saw Leo smirk. "A-and Rarity… I'm so sorry for making you cry dear! I will make it up to you I promise. Your family is right over the hill!"

Leo stood still looking down. "He made you cry…?"

Rarity scrapped her hoof nervously. "I… well… yes..."

"Well then. I guess I really have to knock his lights out." The boy's fist glow a bright blue. "Now you're gonna know what happens when you make my partner cry!" Leo yelled anger filling his voice. The dashed at Jester fire flaring from his hands. The Jester shook where he stood trying to talk Leo out of it, but to no avail. Leo hit the Jester dead-on with such force Alex felt the impact. The boy took ground and sent the Jester flying out of the town of Foalsom and beyond.

"K.O!" Leo jumped up cheering at the sight of the Jester screaming in agony and flying off in the distance. "I win!"

Rarity stood amazed as she stared at him. She could hardly believe it; hardly believe that he had beaten the Jester. That man that came to the town and turned her life completely upside down, taking her family and causing her so much pain. Leo came and did what she could not. Soon she found her feet trotting on their own over to his side. She sat in relief, not worrying about her fur dirtying. Planting her head against Leo's leg she whispered. "Thank you."

Leo stopped his cheering and suddenly looked down scratching the back of his head. "It was nothing."

Nothing was by far the biggest understatement that she had ever heard in her book. He was a hero. A knight in shining… well maybe not so shining, but in her book he was her hero. "Still thank you."

Leo only replied with a hand ruffling the mare's mane much to her dismay.

Alex sighed holstering his daggers back onto his belt. Crossing his arms he shook his head as he watched the two. "Talk about stealing the spotlight. He would've been toast if I hadn't used that teknic earlier."

Twilight trotted up to him smiling at the pair. She was still a bit shaken from the Jester's attack, but she would be okay. As she trotted over to Alex her eyes shifted to Leo and Rarity, they made such a good team in that fight. She wondered if her and Alex would ever… Venturing to him she frowned. "Is something wrong?"

Alex shook his head. "Nothing, it's just that- I have been considering your offer Twilight. That fight with Jester, it made me realize that I wasn't as strong as I thought I was. If Leo hadn't been there I would've been toast."

"The same could be said for him." Twilight added.

"Still." Alex looked to her. "Watching Leo and Rarity, it's like they were sync with one another. I felt that connection between them. Like…"

"Like the one between us." Twilight finished his sentence. She smiled walking over to meet up with Rarity. "You know the offer is still open if you want to take it. You did promise to have an answer for me this time." She glanced back.

Alex sighed. He had spent a month looking for his sister with no results. Traveled nearly half at what Equestria had to offer. He needed a breather. To unwind. If he was going to find her it would come with time, not constant traveling from place to place. He sighed once more looking at the town of Foalsom, he had never really taken the time to stop and look. To admire the world he was in. Returning his gaze to Twilight he wondered, was it meant to be. "I guess there is one way to find out."

Alex made his way to her side. "Well?"

"Yeah, yeah. I guess I will come with you." He smiled a bit feeling a bit of weight leaving his chest. He watched as Twilight bounced happily around Spike and him chanting yes repeatly. He wasn't alone in this anymore. Surely if his sister was out there, Twilight and Spike would help him find her.

"What is she so excited about?" Spike asked looking confused at the mare bouncing around happily.

He shook his head. "I agreed to come with you guys."

Spike's eyes widened and soon he was alongside Twilight chanting yes.

Alex wished he could join them, but he's sure he would lose some cool points if he did so. A bright light suddenly blinded him. Alex took a couple of steps back and Twilight ceased her merriment. "What in the world is that?" He asked.

Twilight's eyes widened as a radiant white coat formed. She immediately fell to a bow and with Spike joining her. Alex looked confused along with Leo. Rarity fell to a bow as well. Feathers landed next to Alex's feet as in front of him a large and gallant alicorn appeared. She smiled as she looked down on her subjects. "Twilight Sparkle."

"Princess Celestia…" Twilight mouthed breathlessly at the sight of her mentor. "Wh- what're you doing here?"

Alex stood amazed at the sight. So she was Princess Celestia, the all-powerful ruler or Equestria, the one who brought him and all the other humans here, and the one who might know where his sister was. "You're Princess Celestia!" He mouthed in shocked falling to one knee. "Princess you have to help me! My sister she-!"

"I am well aware of your sister Alex." The Princess addressed him with a warm smile. "I have been watching over both you and Twilight."

Alex's eyes widened at her words. "Then you must tell me where she is, I have to know. I have to go and find her!" His voice strained pleading with the Princess. If she knew where his sister was than this could be the key to finding her.

Celestia looked to him with a steady gaze. "Your sister- she… finding her will not be an easy path. I am connected to all of my subjects in a way, but I cannot locate her."

"But you just said that you were-"Alex tried to object, but Twilight stepped in.

"Please excuse him Princess he's only."

"Worried? I know." She murmured looking over at Alex. "You will find your sister, but there are perils you must face first. Challenges that only can only be faced together."

Alex looked defeated once more his head falling. He was so close, but of course it couldn't be that easy. There was always a catch. Balling his fist he tried to look up, but an arm wrapped around his neck first.

"Awe man!" Leo boasted loud in his ear. "If I knew you were in cahoots with the Princess I would have asked a long time ago! You should totally join my guild. You'd make an awesome partner. I know you're a little rusty on the game's mechanics, but ole Leo could take a rookie like you under his wing. "

Alex looked startled at the kid. Than frowned with narrowed eyes. "What was that brat?"

"Join my guild and be my subordinate!" He smiled cheekily. "Rarity already agreed of course!" Leo held up his arm revealing the three crystals that perfectly matched Rarity's cutie mark. He looked to Rarity who looked just as baffled as everyone else to see Leo with her cutie mark. "We are officially partners in crime!"

Twilight trotted up to Rarity looking rather. "Rarity how did he get your cutie mark?"

Rarity shook her head as confused as he. "I'm not quite sure darling, I just feel something really strange when my and Leo are next to one another. It's like some connection, and then poof it just appeared."

Twilight looked over at Leo who was now wrestling with Alex to join him. "Poof?"

Celestia nodded. Coincidently Twilight's cutie mark shone bright and soon seared itself into Alex's arm. The teen freaked out as he had one that matched his partner as well. "This is my doing Twilight. It is a spell that bonds both human and pony together." Celestia looked to Twilight. "This bond that you feel is nothing to be ignored. You're souls are now connected together. And you are not the first. For every human in this world, there is a pony that they are connected to. You just have to find them is all."

Alex looked at Twilight's cutie mark than to his shoulder. He looked to Celestia. He and Twilight were connected, they were bound to meet. Fate had brought them together, just like Leo and Rarity. "So…"

Celestia looked to Twilight. "I'm proud of you my student. You have grown so much in such a little amount of time." This made the unicorn flush in embarrassment. "But your quest is far from over."

"But Princess." Twilight interrupted. "I didn't find one clue about Applejack and am nowhere near finding the thief."

Celestia looked to Alex. "Who knows, sometimes the clues will find you." Her horn began to glow a bright shade of white as she faded away. A sharp beam shot up and soared into the air. The beam flew across the night sky like a shooting star leading to the north.

Spike took a couple of steps forward his eyes dazzling. "To the north than?"

Twilight nodded looking determined at her two companions. "We'll be off than. We don't have any time to waste." Twilight bowed once more and looked to Alex.

The teen followed after Twilight, but came to a halt glancing back at Princess Celestia his gaze. "Will I really find my sister?"

Celestia gave a smile moving next to him. "That is determined by the path that you take. Only you can carve your own future."

"I see." He looked down balling his fist. Then he would, if she believed in him than he would. His resolve would not waver; looking to the Princess he smirked. "I'm off than."

The Princess nodded in acknowledgement as the boy set off to catch up with his new partner. "Oh and Alex, keep Twilight safe for me." The Princess whispered as they spud off into the distance towards the Princess's shining light. Celestia smiled and turned to face Leo and Rarity.

"Nooo! Tell him to come back, their supposed to join my guild!" Leo whined holding his hand out dramatically. He stumbled to the floor and sighed. "Oh well, let's go Rarity."

"Hold on." Celestia trotted up to the two of them. "Don't you two have to go and free the citizens of Foalsom first?"

Rarity's face turned bright red. "O… of course Princess we were getting right to that."

"But before you do so." Princess Celestia trotted up closer to the two. "I have a task for you as well."

Rarity tilted her head to the side her ears perking. The Princess had a task for her? "A… task you say?"

Comments ( 7 )

his sister is properly princess Luna's/ Nightmare moons companion

one word mooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Very SAO-esque. My favorite thing in the world combined with my favorite anime of all time!

I don't mean to damn with faint praise, but this story is a lot better than I thought it would be. Well done. Have an upvote.

Hmm... Taking a look at this out of curiosity. Who knows. Maybe you can manage to take some of the piss out of the original SAO story.

Login or register to comment