• Published 20th Dec 2012
  • 339 Views, 1 Comments

Twilight's New Friends - TotallyNotCrawfish



Twilight is drawn to new ponies in Ponyville and her friends are suspicious. Can they save her before something bad happens?

  • ...
 1
 339

The wrong kind of meeting

Twilight ran across town. What if Spike didn't wake me up? Twilight thought to herself. Imagine how awful that could have been. She was too busy pondering, worrying about what could have happened than to pay attention to where she was going. Before she realized it, she found herself on the ground along with another mare.


"Watch where you're going!" snarled the brown maned mare on the ground. She felt a swift hoof kick her in her rib quickly after she said that.

"Sorry about my sister being in your way," the blonde unicorn apologized. "I'm Amethyst, and this is Ametrine. We're twins." The unicorn's smile was as fake as Rarity's eye lashes.

"Um, I have to go. maybe one day we can meet again!" Twilight stood up.

"Where are you going? Maybe we can accompany you!" Ametrine offered.

"I'm going to Canterlot! I have a meeting with the princesses," Twilight told them. Amethyst's eyes glittered at the sound of 'princesses'. This could be our chance! She thought to herself.

"How about you can come join us for a quick meal? Surely these princesses can wait, can't they?" Ametrine's voice soothed Twilight's worry of whether or not the princesses would be mad.

"Well, I do need to eat something," Twilight said, her stomach growling on cue. "Oh, and my name's Twilight Sparkle, but you can call me Twilight."


"Do you know any good places to eat?" asked Ametrine.

"Well I was going to eat at my friend's house, but Sugarcube Corner is much closer," Twilight told them.

"Do they have anything good to eat?" Amethyst asked Twilight..

"Lots of stuff! They have cakes, cupcakes, muffins, and all sorts of sweet treats!" By the time Twilight finished explaining to them the joys of eating at Sugarcube Corner, they arrived.

"Hey Pinkie! Do you think you can get us some breakfast?" Twilight shouted after walking through the door. The pink Earth Pony bounced over to the group.

"Sure thing Twilight! Why wouldn't I give you breakfast?" Pinkie smiled. She loved showing off her sweet creations to her friends. Who are these ponies with Twilight though? I haven't seen them around Ponyville before. Pinkie wondered to herself.

"Hello? Earth to Pinkie!" Twilight snapped Pinkie Pie out of her wondering.

"Oh! Sorry!" Pinkie apologized as she sat the unicorns down at a table. "Hey Twilight, aren't you suppose to be in Canterlot?"

"Actually, I'm taking a day off with my new friends!" Twilight smiled at the two mares sitting beside her. "The mare with the blonde mane is Amethyst, and the mare with the orange mane is Ametrine."

"Uh, are you sure that's a good idea Twilight? What if Princess Celestia gets mad?" Pinkie was concerned about her friend. Twilight was so perfect, why would she ditch the meeting? Surely there is a good reason!

"I always have perfect attendance, so the princesses won't mind if I miss one day."

"And if they ask, you can just tell them you were sick," Amethyst added. Pinkie frowned. Lying is wrong! Pinkie wanted to say. Why would anyone want to lie? And why would anyone lie to a powerful princess? But she didn't say that. She knew she had to support her friend's decision, even if it was a bad one.

"Now go on, we're trying to eat," Ametrine snapped at Pinkie. Using her levitation, she levitated Pinkie Pie away from the table.

"So Twilight, what is your special talent? You know, your cutie mark?" Amethyst asked.

"My special talent is magic!" Twilight showed them her cutiemark.

"Our special talent is magic too!" Ametrine showed Twilight her cutiemark. On the mare's flank was a yellow star.

"Mine looks exactly like that, too," Amethyst showed Twilight her cutiemark too.

"Wow, we have a lot in common!" Twilight enthused. "If you guys need a place to stay tonight, you can sleep at my place!"

"Wow? Really! That's fantastic!" Amethyst smiled her fake smile again.

"Thank you, Twilight," said Ametrine.

Author's Note:

I am amazing. I typed "a lot" instead of "alot".

~Sasifrass