• Published 10th Dec 2012
  • 1,097 Views, 18 Comments

A new Moon - WhiteLightning



Luna feels as though the ponies of Equestria do not respect her as they do her sister.

  • ...
0
 18
 1,097

Complications

Chapter 6

Twilight looked up to the regal figure that stood in front of her. Her mind had just been shattered to pieces as she started to believe Luna had heard what she had been talking to Spike about. She couldn't keep eye contacts for more than a few moments after the question had been sprung. The unicorn walked over to the window, looking up at the moon and taking a large breath before exhaling in an attempt to regain herself. “Love..” She began, as if that was all she meant to say. “An intense feeling of deep affection.” She then continued, revealing that her intent was to give the literal definition of the word. She turned back to the other and gave a wide, blatantly fake smile.

The Princess of the Night looked to the other, giggling to herself even though her mind was troubled and clouded. She knew not another pony that would give, or even know, the literal definition of any word that she was going to ask. “No no” The princess began. “I mean… Have you ever experienced such a feeling?” Being an ageless Goddess, the Princess did have a few interests in ponies here and there, but she was always able to suppress the feeling as she knew that one day, they would leave her. It was a sad existence she lived, but if not she, then who?

There was a long pause of silence as Twilight’s eyes looked deep into Luna’s. Could she be feeling the same as I am? She thought, hoping the Princess didn't have the ability to read minds. Fortunately for her, she didn’t, at least not without concentration and a sedated subject. “I…” Just as Twilight began to open her muzzle to speak, a loud banging sounded from the front door. A booming voice came from the outside. “Open immediately. This is the royal guard!” The voice said as the banging repeated.

Luna gave a small sigh as she hoped that it would be a bit longer before the guards realised she wasn’t at her usual post. Though, she couldn't help but ask herself a question. How did they find me? To her memory, she didn’t leave any signs of where she was going, or even that she left, yet somehow these guards knew exactly where she was. The alicorn spoke up, nearly yelling back to the door. “And this is the Princess of the night!” Her magical grasp surrounded the door knob as she flung it open, giving the guards a large scowl.

There were three armor clad ponies standing outside the doorway, all three donning a terrified expression. They hadn’t expected such a loud and booming response from, ironically, a library at night. “You’re highness. We meant no disrespect. Your sister had sent us to come get you and..” He trailed off, hoping that his current explanation was reason enough for him not to continue. Please don’t yell at us again..

The Princess blunk a few times at their words, standing silently in front of them. So.. It was Tia who sent them.. She thought, as she turned her head to Twilight, frowning slightly. “Goodbye Twilight Sparkle. We will talk again soon.” At this, she began trotting forward, holding her head up high in the position that her sister would usually be seen in when she visited public affairs.

Twilight suddenly had a large burst of panic and dismay as she heard the words come from the other. Her heart was thumping as a bead of sweat dripped down her brow. For once, she acted without thinking, yelling aloud and pushing off the ground to jump at the still close Princess. “Wait!” Just after the words had left her maw, she grasped the Princess in a tight hug, a single tear drop running down her cheek. “Be careful…” She whispered into the other’s neck, enjoying the feeling of the other all too much to immediately let go.

The guards immediately began to sprint forward, but was halted by the raised hoof of the alicorn before them. Her face was a dark purple as the red of her blush mixed with the blue of her coat. She was frozen, petrified in the confusion and hesitation of what was going on. Surely this was just a friendly goodbye hug, but it was lasting far longer than any other that she had given, or received for that matter. Slowly, the hoof that was raised at the guards lowered down to rest upon the back of the small mare. Her coat was soft and smooth as silk beneath the Princess’ touch. “I will.” She replied in the quietest voice anypony today would've heard her use.

After one last final squeeze, Twilight pulled away, hoping the Princess wouldn’t notice the damp spot just under her eye from where her tear had ran. “I suppose I should be getting to bed.. Gotta get up early and all that.” Twilight said with a small chuckle, attempting to heighten the mood, even if only a little. Placing one hoof behind the other, the lavender unicorn slowly started to back away, offering the regal figure a small smile as she did.

The words spoken fell on deaf ears as Luna’s mind was racing from one thing to another. Her sapphire gaze only gave the false impression that she was actually receiving what the other had said. Seeing the other back up, however, snapped her out of her trance. “Oh. Um. Yes. I should get going. Goodbye Twilight Sparkle.” And with that, the princess turned, spreading her wings just after she walked out the door.

One of the guards gesture to the carriage they had appeared brought for her. “There is no need for you to fly, your highness.” He said, kneeling down in hopes of showing respect.

Luna gave a scowl as tears began running down her cheek. It was a pointless expression, as she wasn’t exactly facing any of them. “I can and will fly to my quarters.” She said, pushing off with a great flap of her wings. The cold wind was piercing through her coat like daggers made of ice. She payed no mind to it. The only thoughts she was having were the ones about that small mare. Why do I care so much about her? What makes her so special? She thought to herself, but quickly scolded for such a rude thought. Perhaps it’s just the years of complete isolation coming back to haunt me… Having such a kind pony as my friend would surely turn my heart to them… right?

Author's Note:

Terribly sorry for such a long wait. I guess that's what happens when writer's block and life shoves itself in your face. I'll do my best to put out more material more often, but I can't promise anything. Too many unforeseen variables. :(

Comments ( 1 )

2157745 Holy crap am I a liar. I completely forgot about this thing. Reading back on it, I'm surprised it's written as well as it is. I'm strongly considering continuing this story if I can find where I had the plot written down. I wonder if anyone would still even find it. Eh, I might as well give it a shot. Hold on to your hats. c:<

Login or register to comment