• Published 18th Dec 2012
  • 982 Views, 22 Comments

Rainboom in the snow - TCLF



Two hundred Miles per hour. A bright light making me lose my race. In my mirror. Brightly blue

  • ...
3
 22
 982

Aftermath

Aftermath

It was dark. I was sitting in my brand new Nascar. Some years have passed and I was back in the legal world. Also Jack came into Nascar because of me. He was the most thankfull men I ever helped. This race it was between us. I was first in the championship and he was second. We started. We both didn’t care about the outcome. We both have a family, a racing life. We were happy that Rainbow got back where she belongs. All the memories were still with us. There was a caution. I took this chance to talk to Jack over radio. “Thanks for all the memories with Rainbow.” I said. “Thanks for giving me this life feel worth living.” He said back. The green flag went down as we raced to the finish...


The end

Comments ( 11 )

Well, not too bad in concept, though it could use a bit less of rushed dialogue.
Maybe some better word choice & smoother scenario flow?

1820361 Thnx for your feedback. I also think i need to rush it less. Maybe better time feeling. Since it was my first Fimfic, I didn't want to make it too long.

With better word choice. what do you mean by that? do you mean fancier words, or did I use the wrong word somewhere?

Already I'm thankfull for your help

1820394
Not one of my better reviews, albeit a good one.
I can do better reviews with more time, but I'm on the clock and have pretty much NO time to spare, so I have to just stick with the short review.

I hope it was helpful!

1820379 thnx, will look it in and improve tonight.

1820422 So they have the racing aspect in it as well? I read MLD and the it's something else. I do not want to compare them by story line, since they are different. It's true though that they are written far better. But there always has to be a first time writing a story.

thnx for your feedback

1820386
Yeah, since the length is pretty short, it limits what characterization and other plot development that might occur.
Since there's really not much area to expand on that structure, I guess the best remedy would be to use words that cut concisely to their definition.
You know, the kind of word choice your English teacher taught about; maybe a thesaurus would help a bit.
Using specific words that quintessentially define what you're trying to say can help construct the story pretty well, even without writing pages of existential monolog-ism .
Use 'dem fancy words. :P
Not too much, though.
If you use one word, don't use it again within the chapter, if you can help it; try using synonyms instead, making sure that they're appropriate to the context.
Though, it's just my personal preference when I'm reading; I like to see a diverse vocabulary in use. Helps get the story across. :twilightsmile:

1821070 very thnx. I will use it for other fiction. very thnx

So, when Dash did a second Rainboom, she warped back to Equestria? I'm confused.

1822653 you got that right. sorry if it was unclear, I will try to avoid this confusion in fellow fics

1833959 no problem ;) I at least know that there are grammatical mistakes in it. I am busy with fixing the second chapter now

Login or register to comment