• Published 18th Dec 2012
  • 979 Views, 22 Comments

Rainboom in the snow - TCLF



Two hundred Miles per hour. A bright light making me lose my race. In my mirror. Brightly blue

  • ...
3
 22
 979

A race for a race

A race for a race

“We only have one week.” I started. “We need to upgrade the car a lot. We need to put in a turbo, so we have more power coming out of the turn. Also we need down force. I would lose far too much time in the part with turns, a big rear wing and a medium aero packet would be enough.” “How are you gonna get the money?” Jack asked. It´s true that I didn't have very much money. “I’ll see it as an investment.” I blinked to him and Rainbow, Rainbow was asleep. Her seven colored mane was a little fuzzy . “Looks like she still hasn’t very much power, she needs some more sleep.” I said while I carried her to my bed.

Jack and I were fixing the car as much as possible, when I heard a thud. “Rainbow!” I screamed. I ran upstairs, as fast as I could. As I opened the door, I saw Rainbow crying. “Rainbow! Are you alright!?” I asked while I took her in my arms. Her warm tears dropped on my chest. “Yes..” She said while crying. I knew there was something was wrong. “Rainbow...” I started. “You don’t have to hide fears or anything in this world. This world is scary and maybe a little dark, but that’s exactly why you shouldn’t hide anything from people you need to trust.” Her crying got a little heavier. “Please tell me what happened.” I asked her, so she wouldn’t have the feeling I wouldn’t wanna listen to her. “I...” her tail was curled along her flank, covering her cutie mark. “I had a nightmare.” She put her head down. She looked relieved that she told me. “It was a nightmare. I woke up. There was nobody there. Nobody who wanted to take care for me. Nobody I could trust. I couldn’t move. I couldn’t do anything but lay down.” Her tears got heavier. “Rainbow!” I said loud. “You know you can trust us. If you ever see something like that again, you must trust yourself to know that that will never happen.” I started crying as well. “I think we need to get a better friendship, before you maybe can trust us. We are going to win that race next week. Together!”

We went down to the garage, where Jack was still working. “We are gonna make it.” I said. “We’re gonna make it!” I just knew we were gonna make it. We had to make it.

It was the best week I had in my entire life. Rainbow, Jack and I working day and night and non stop on that car. We were like a team. Jack attached the engine while Rainbow and I held up the engine. She got more power in the week. She started to trust me and Jack. The same applied for me. I trusted Jack more and more and became closer friends to both rainbow and Jack. Still we were a little short on time. We couldn’t clean every small screw in this car. It wouldn’t be a perfect car, but it worked and had the upgrades we needed. It had more downforce, turbo and most of the rusty components replaced. I painted the car blue, the exact same colour as Rainbow. I managed to get a rainbow livery on my car, the exact same colours as Rainbow her hair.

We got to sleep. Rainbow in my bed, like always. Jack was sleeping in the living room right next to the couch where I slept. Why he wasn’t upstairs? He couldn’t sleep with Rainbow snoring right next to him. We all went to sleep. Sleep and dream about tomorrow. How would the race go.

The next morning I went up checking the car. rainbow was still snoring and Jack was fast asleep. I wanted to take a small ride round town, just to check the car. I started the car. I went of 2 meters after I heard some weird noises. Something scraped against the bodywork. I drove back to the garage. I quickly ran to Jack to wake him up. He was still tired, but he was awake. “The car!” I screamed as I quickly ran off upstairs again to Rainbow. Still snoring she lied on her back. I had to shake her around to wake her up. “Rainbow!” She looked at me half sleeping. “Why aren’t you asleep for the race?” She asked. “The race already started.” she looked at me open-eyed. “We first need to fix the car before the race.” She was surprised. “Didn’t we already finish it?” She asked. “Yes, but there is something wrong.”

The race for the race has started. The right front was opened up. Jack was already working on the car for some minutes. “I got the problem.” He said when we came downstairs. “It’s the suspension. It’s decalibrated.” Questions ran through my head. “How could it decalibrate on its own?” I asked. “Well... It is probably because one of the rusty screws didn’t hold the weight of the new engine. It wasn’t able to hold that kind of powers for such a long time. I looked, but I can’t find a spare one.”

Time ran out as I ran to the shop. I picked up the right screws and ran back home. Home I came as I still saw the car half detached. Jack was sitting in his chair. “Ey, welcome back. I calibrated the suspension as much as possible without any screws.” We had just 10 minutes left for leave. 5 minutes over time we were ready again. We jumped in the car. “I have to put down a personal best here on this part to the park if we want to be on time.” I said as I drove off. “Lets spin this!”

Author's Note:

busy improving this chapter