• Published 24th Nov 2012
  • 8,209 Views, 639 Comments

Interdimensional Transfusion - The card holder



Sequel to Mission: Improbable starring the Scout.

  • ...
19
 639
 8,209

Dying and (Wall) Breaking

It was still pitch black outside, and the Scout’s new house was filled with the sound of loud snoring. But then the blackness was broken ever so slightly by the sun rising. In the gentle blueish glow of the early morning, the Scout began to stir. Sleep-walking, he leaves the bed and goes downstairs, heading for the kitchen. Only when his sleeping form grab for a nonexistent energy drink does he snap awake.

“Oh... right.. food..” he mumbles to himself. Now partially awake, he begins taking in the early morning. Normally, at about this time, he would go out for some running around the base (or “parkour”, as the Spy called it. French bastard...). The exercise kept him limber, and gave him a slight sense of peace, being able to run without worry of a Russian man crushing his skull should he stop.

With this in mind, the Scout goes to the front door, ready to begin his morning run. To wake himself up fully, he takes out his pocket pistol and shoots himself in the foot. After yelping from the pain, he takes a bite out of one of the sandviches. Fully healed and awake, he leaves the confines of his house and starts running. He had no idea where he was going, other than it was away from that apple farm.

There wasn’t a single other creature on the path, which suited the Scout just fine. After all, Twilight said something about the ponies freaking out if they saw him. Or something. He was more or less tuning her out at the time. Regardless, if all the ponies here were as annoying as the ones he had met so far, then he’d like to avoid any further contact with them, if he could help it.

As his run went on, the Scout couldn’t help but notice that he seemed to be getting farther and farther into the forest, and the path was nearly nonexistent now. Still, he paid it no mind; even after that encounter with a manticore, he still considered himself tougher than these woods. Plus, he had guns now. Guns helped. A lot.

As he was casually jogging along, he stopped momentarily and started jogging in place to read his pulse. “Not even winded...” he said to no one in particular. Despite the now risen sun, and the fact that any normal forest would’ve been far more active during the day, all was silent, save for the Scout’s shoes hitting the grass.

Suddenly, a roar shook through the trees. Crying out in fear much louder than he wanted to (which was crying out in fear at all), the Scout whirled around to see a manticore behind him. Judging by the rather large bruise on its head, it was the same one he encountered before.

“Oh, so ya want some more, huh?” the Scout taunted, pulling out his trusty scattergun. “Alright, then. Bring it, ya mutant moron.”

The manticore roared, and used its tail to swipe the shotgun out of the human’s hands, sending it spiraling into the bushes.

“Uhh... okay.” The Scout pulled out his pistol. “I can still take ya!”

The manticore roared again, and the human fired off a few rounds in response. They seemed to bounce right off its hide.

“... crap.”

Almost instantly, the manticore pounced the Scout.

“OH GOD THAT IS STILL VERY PAINFUL!”

The manticore tore at the Scout again.

“WHY! WHY DO I KEEP COMIN’ HERE! NOTHING GOOD HAPPENS WHEN I COME HERE!”

And then he died.


Back at the base, the Scout respawned, angry. He went to look for the teleporter so he could go back, but on the way, he happened across a few cans of his favorite drink: Bonk! brand atomic punch (Now with isotopes!). Grabbing as many as he possibly could, he discarded his pistol and put them in his bag, along with the sandviches which somehow stayed with him through death. With that dealt with, he started looking for the teleporter back again. It wasn’t hard to find, as it was the only source of noise in the quiet building, being a whirring machine of molecular transportation. Stepping onto it, he was once again whisked away to the (rather deadly) world of ponies.


Appearing back in the cave, the Scout passed by the resupply locker, just in case, and climbed out of the makeshift cover he made for the hole. Adjusting his hat, he ran back to his house, entering through the back door. By now, the sun was fairly high in the sky. Ponies would probably be getting up soon, if they weren’t already. The Scout was prepared to simply sit back and relax for at least a few hours, but was instead greeted by a whirl of pink.

“Hiya!”

“HOLY-” Reflexively, the Scout brought out his Sandman and assumed a batter’s stance. Once he saw that it was just another pony, though, he put it away. “What do you want, pinky?”

The pink pony gasped loudly. “You know my name!”

“...I do?”

The pony looked confused, before giggling to herself. “Oh, sorry, you said pinky with a ‘Y’, I’m Pinkie with an ‘I E’!”

The Scout was confused, before realization hit him like a ton of bricks. “So, Pinkie, why are ya here?”

“Because you’re somepo- I mean, someone new in town, and I wanted to throw you-”

“A party, yeah, yeah,” the Scout finished, “you ain’t the only one who can read the script, Pinkie.”

Pinkie looked surprised, before she narrowed her eyes at the human. Then, as suddenly as it came, the hostility was gone. “Okie dokie lokie! We’ll get along just fine, I know it!” Humming something to herself, the pink pony hopped out the front door. While the Scout was, once again, confused, he remembered something.

“I thought I locked that door!”