• Published 24th Nov 2012
  • 8,205 Views, 639 Comments

Interdimensional Transfusion - The card holder



Sequel to Mission: Improbable starring the Scout.

  • ...
19
 639
 8,205

(Undeserving?) Praise

"Will you just stay still, god dammit!"

"Nope! I'll just keep this hat!"

"That's my hat! Give it back now!"

"Or what? You gonna hit me with that little ball again?"

The Scout had chased Rainbow Dash around the farm multiple times in his attempt to recover his stolen headgear. Twilight and Applejack had just watched, only mildly interested at this point. The Scout had tried to use his Sandman to knock Dash for a loop, like he did earlier, but she had grown adept at dodging the spherical projectiles. The chase seemed to go on forever, until the Scout realized something. He could simply...


"What the hay! How did you do that?"

"Easy. I'm th' best at what I do!"

After the Scout got his hat back through the power of scene breaks, he went back to the waiting unicorn and earth pony. "So, where am I stayin' again?"

"It's a house not too far from here, actually. It should be far enough out of town that you don't draw much attention to you; I'm not sure how they'd react to seeing a human."

"Alright, let's g-"

"There 'e is!"

The Scout turned around just in time to have three fillies tackle him, causing him to let out a rather feminine yelp.

"Applebloom!" Applejack scolded. "Where 're your manners? We don't just tackle and... hug our... guests?" Sure enough, the fillies seemed to be appreciatively hugging the human.

"But he saved us!" the white one said.

"Saved you?" Twilight asked. "From what?"

"From a manticore! In the Everfree Forest!" the orange pegasus exclaimed.

Applejack's expression turned from confusion to anger. "Th' Everfree Forest! What in the hay were ya all doin' there?"

The yellow filly's expression fell. "We were tryin' t' get our explorer cutie marks..."

"Well, that's all fine and dandy," the Scout spoke up. "Now can ya all get off o' me?"

The fillies did, and the human got back on his feet while dusting off his shirt.

"Wait," Rainbow spoke up, "you saved Scoots and her friends? I don't believe it."

"Ah find that kinda hard t' believe, too," Applejack said.

"What, ya don't believe me? O' course I saved 'em. That maltibore-"

"Manticore," Twilight corrected.

"Yeah, that, 'e was threatenin' 'em, and I, being th' good samaritan that I am, saved 'em."

"Yes, you sure saved zem by getting eaten, didn't you?" the Spy chimed in. The Scout ignored the Frenchman.

"He really did save us!" Applebloom said. "He went right up to that manticore 'nd started yellin' at it an' stuff! So we could get away!"

Rainbow, Twilight, and Applejack all looked at the Scout suspiciously. Applejack was the first one to smile slightly. "Well, if ya did save mah sister, then thanks."

Rainbow got in the Scout's face. "And if you did save them, which I still doubt, I guess you have my thanks, too."

"Uh... okay? Can I just go t' my house, now?"

"Sure thing, Scout." Twilight began walking down the road, the human following behind her. Applejack took Applebloom back into the house and told Sweetie Belle to go back to Rarity, and Scootaloo to go wherever it is she goes. Rainbow Dash just flew off to do whatever.

After some minutes of walking, Twilight and the Scout had arrived at a decently sized house on the edge of the forest.

"This is it!" the unicorn said. "You'll be able to live a decently quiet life, here, away from any prying eyes. Although..." She looked at the ground sheepishly. "...there's no food inside, yet, so you'll have to go hungry for today."

"Nah, it's fine, I got my own food." Demonstrating, the Scout took out one of the sandviches that the Heavy had given him, taking a bite out of it. Twilight noticed, curiously, that the bruises that he suffered during his quest to reclaim his hat were starting to fade already. "Anyway, thanks, Twalot."

"Twilight."

"Whateva." Finishing the sandvich, the Scout strolled inside the house as Twilight went off to her own home.

Inside, the Scout stretched out on the slightly-too-small couch. "So, Spy, what do I do now?"

A Texan voice answered. "Actually, Spah's not here at the moment."

"Hard Hat? What're you doin' on the mic?"

"Well, after me an' th' Medic talked a bit, we realized that you'd need an easy way t' get in and out of that there pony world."

"So... what're ya gonna do?"

"Simple. Ah'm gonna follow you in there, and set up a teleporter, so you can come and go as ya please."

"Really? When?"

"Right now, actually. Now, boys!" The Scout heard the sounds of splashing, ubering, and teleporting over the mic.

"Hey, Hard Hat, watch that first-"

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!"

"...step."

Looking outside, the Scout saw a reddish figure fall into the forest. Quickly heading in, he soon came across the Engineer, who was mostly fine, despite the rough landing. "Well, that coulda gone better..."

"At least you're still in one piece. Now where we gonna put that teleporta?"

"Better start lookin' for a spot." The two teammates began walking through the forest together, shotguns at the ready. Eventually, they came across a rock. It would've been just another boulder, had the Engineer not noticed how it looked like it was blocking something. One hastily built wrangled level three sentry later, the boulder was gone, revealing a hole in the ground. After dismantling the sentry, the pair went inside, finding a large cave, with a small pond at the bottom. The Scout gave a low whistle in awe.

"Alright, time fer that teleporter, but first thing's first." The Engineer took out a rather large toolbox, clicked the clasps on in, and started beating it with a wrench.

"That don't look like no teleporter. Ya buildin' a dispenser, Hard Hat?"

"Nope." After some more hits with the wrench, it was complete: a red-hued resupply locker.

"Nice, Engi! Where'd ya learn ta do that?"

"Just had a lot of free time, is all." Refilling his metal, the Engineer took out a smaller toolbox. "Now, about that teleporter..."

He placed the new toolbox down and repeated the process, until the teleporter was up and running.

"Now, it's two way, so feel free t' stop by iffen ya need somethin'." Giving a wave, the Engineer stepped on the teleporter. His molecules were dismantled, and sent back to the other end, one dimension over. After resupplying his everything, the Scout left the cave, making sure to both mark it where he could find it easily and make it well hidden. After that, he went back into his new home, headed upstairs, found the bedroom, and promptly fell asleep once the day's events caught up to him in the form of serious fatigue.