• Published 23rd Nov 2012
  • 827 Views, 5 Comments

Regret - Rainbowrash



Celestia remembers tales of her childhood.

  • ...
 5
 827

Chapter 1

A full moon was silhouetted against the dark night sky, just barely showing in between a break in the large rainclouds that night. The moonlight barely made it through those clouds, though shined brightly. It was a magnificent sight. Celestia, going for a short trot, took it all in as she looked at the night sky.

About a week ago, Discord had been freed, and the Mane six did what they had to and defeated him. Throughout the past week, Celestia had been very busy. She had to organize all of the events involving the ceremony for the Mane 6, not to mention the diplomatic mess she was in now that a being in Equestria completely messed with the turning of the earth, ruining crops all over the world. But at the moment, Celestia was able to get away from work as her sister took over for her. She left for For a while now, she had wanted to visit the Canterlot Gardens to see an old friend.

Eventually, she entered the garden, her mane wet from the rain, and proceeded to walk on the gravel trail the led through the gardens. The trail had led through the flower garden itself, so Celestia got a glimpse of the breathtaking flower arrangements in the moonlight. There were flowers of all seven colors of the rainbow, all placed in chronological order; red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, and violet. At the very end of this area is the shrine named after her. There is an amazing arrangement of flowers all made into a generic version of her mane, looking like a flag waving in the air. She passed by all of this quickly, for she had more important things to do.

She had finally gotten to the area she wanted to get to. The statues. There were many grand statues there. There were statues of almost every notable figure included in the making of Equestria, from Star Swirl to Commander Hurricane, etc. She wasn't interested in those at the moment. She passed by all of them and got to the statue she was looking for.

Discord.

She walked up to the giant statue, gazing at the stone coffin. Even when frozen in stone, he looked very lively. His body was bent in a zigzag pattern, and his face looked as awkward as it always has. His statue looked straight at whomever would be observing the statue.

But Celestia did not come to his statue just to look at her rival and mock him. She did not come in malice, but in peace. During his short time he was freed from his stone prison, he did not lose his old personality. He still held his comical composure, and still loved making things weird and chaotic. And it wasn’t just his personality that stayed the same, but his memories stayed pretty well in tact. As much as she hated to admit it, Discord left her a message. It was pretty clear what it was, and she remembered how it all began, where Discord got the idea. She whispered her thoughts aloud.

"Chocolate rain..."

--------------------------------------

It was a dark night on the Everfree Prairie. There was a new moon, so no moonlight shined down on the ground. Clouds filled the air, blocking out any view of the night sky. One small cottage was standing, and inside of it was a little white alicorn playing some sort of game with herself. She was all alone in the house, and was running around, randomly hiding behind different couches and chairs, only to break the cover of the furniture to throw pillows all around the place. She was screaming, “Take that you timberwolves, no one will ever take over my house!” After throwing some more pillows, she began to get tired, and she rested on the ground for a little. She picked up a pillow and was about to continue but then there was a knock at the door. The alicorn, perplexed about who would actually come to her house at this time, screamed, "Who is it?"

The reply made the alicorn smile when she heard the familiar voice. "Take a guess, birthday filly!"

The alicorn ran to the door and opened it to see a draconequus standing above her. She screamed, "DISCORD!" and ran up to him and gave him a light hug, which he returned. When they were done, she said, "Hey Discord, how was your day?"
Discord said, "Pretty well so far.” He walked inside and noticed the room was empty of other ponies. “Where is your mom?"

She sadly responded, "She went to the hospital. Told me that she was about to have her next baby, and she didn't want me to come. She told me stay at home. She left all of this food and stuff to do, but I've been bored out of my mind forever!" She became a little happier and said, "Well at least you remember my birthday!" She had a big smile.

The little draconequus said, "Of coarse I did! You think I'd forget my only friends birthday? Well think again!" He then removed his claws from behind his back, and he had a wrapped box in it. "Happy Birthday, Celestia!"

She gasped when she saw what he had. She thought she wouldn't get a present this year because of her mom being in labor. She took it from Discord and opened it quickly. Inside of it was a small foil rectangle that said 'Mareshy bar' on it. She asked, "What is it?"

"You'll find out! Just open it!"

Celestia obeyed her companion and quickly, yet gently ripped the foil off. Inside was a brown rectangle. Once it was opened, she could smell something that had a close relation to milk.

"It's a chocolate bar!" Discord said. “It’s a new candy that just came out not even a month ago! I know how much you love candy, so I thought maybe you’d like it.”

Celestia beamed and said, “Of coarse I’ll love it!” She then took a small bite from it. Automatically her taste buds had been blessed with one of the best tastes they had ever had. It was cold to the touch, but melted the moment it hit her tongue. The smell did not deceive the taste; it still tasted like milk. The rest of it tasted foreign to her, but it was great anyways.
She finished her bite and said, "Oh my god, Discord, this is AMAZING!" She continued to eat it next to a satisfied draconequus.

Once she was finished, she said, "Thank you so much, Discord, that was amazing!"

He shrugged. "Sorry I couldn't have gotten you more. I didn't have anything to give you, but then I found these, and it was the only thing I could get you." He put on a forced smile. "Glad you liked it!"

"Oh, don't be like that! It's the thought that matters!" She gave a big smile, which Discord gave back, not forced this time. "Anyways, what do you want to do? We can't go back outside because of the rain, as you know..."

Discord replied to that by shaking the water off of his tail. They both chuckled. Discord said, "E-gad! I hate this rain! You know what I'm going to do one day? I'm gonna make the rain more fun and exciting!” He put his claw on his chin and fiddled with his small moustache. Then he snapped his fingers. “I'll make it rain chocolate!" He gave Celestia a light hug, and she returned it. After their embrace, Discord look her right in the eyes and said in a whisper,

"And I'll do it just for you."

--------------------------------------

Celestia continued to stare at the statue. She had been sitting there for a good hour in the rain, and her coat was drenched in the water. Only she knew about the tears under her eyes. She whispered to the statue, "Thank you."
Silence followed. All that could be heard were the drops of rain hitting the ground. Suddenly, Celestia thougt she began to smell a familiar smell. Chocolate. And then she heard a voice in her head. The sound was unmistakeable, and Celestia knew who it was right away. It said,



"I did it just for you."

Comments ( 5 )

Great story! I look forward to more of it, but you have been using the word coarse instead of course.

this story definatly has potential
cant wait for more chapters

Very well written, excellent. I suspected Discord and Celestia had a past aside from being foes. By the way, how do you do the Chrysalis emoticons? :derpytongue2:

Login or register to comment