• Published 20th Nov 2012
  • 565 Views, 5 Comments

The Factors of Disharmony - NyanDerpy



Discord uses his chaos magic once again to screw with Equestria, so Vinyl, Octavia, and Derpy help.

  • ...
 5
 565

Chapter 5- Chaos and Harmony Don't Mix Well

Rarity settled comfortably on her fancy, 100% genuine velvet couch, running her hoof along it gently as she recounted a story to Greed. "And then I said, 'Oh my stars, darling, that's not a hat. That's a natural disaster that landed atop your head!' And then, that ridiculous mare looks at me and says 'But it's a muffin hat! And it's Crazy Hat Day! Don't you love baked goods?' And I replied, "Oh, Derpy, darling, it appears to be more of a baked bad than a baked good!' And her reaction was so hysterical I can't even remember! I only remember collapsing with laughter and taking the poor thing to the spa!" The mare and the draconequus giggled and chuckled and laughed for a solid five minutes. Most of their time was spent designing clothes, relaxing at the spa, giving eachother makeovers, and talking about various subjects such a makeup brands, hair products, stallions, and picking up coltfriends. Oh, my gracious, this Greed is so much more fun for me to be around. Rainbow Dash and Applejack would never ever ever submit to such girly "nonsense" as this! Rarity thought to herself.

"I say, are you going to finish your cookie? May I have it?" Greed asked her gently. Rarity took on a angry expression, baring her teeth and snarling viciously. "YES! ITS MINE! I MEAN, NO YOU CAN'T HAVE IT BECAUSE ITS MINE! ALL MINE!" Greed backed up a bit, only thinking to herself that her plan was working. Especially since the mare would soon be completely gray.

Spike had heard this from Sweetie Belle, and had heard similar things from Scootaloo and Apple Bloom about Rainbow Dash and Applejack. He didn't really need to go visit Fluttershy or Pinkie Pie or Twilight Sparkle, because he was sure that similar things were going on. He vaguely remembered when the grayness had overtaken his friends the first time, and remembered how the Elements of Harmony failed to work. He decided to contact the only pony he knew that might have answers. So he whipped out a quill and ink and some paper.
Dear Princess Celestia,

Discord may be returning. All six of my friends nearly completely gray. What's going on? Will everypony be safe? Do the EoH need to be harnessed once more? But last time they were grayed out the EoH didn't work... Help!

Your loyal subject,

Spike

Two days later, he recieved an letter in return.

My ever-loyal subject Spike,

It's true that Discord is returning. As you have described, your friends will continue to get grayer and grayer till there is no color left whatsoever.

Thanks, Princess. He thought. I hadn't noticed.

But here's the catch. When there is no color left, they will have lost connection with the elements of harmony, and it's the elements' magic keeping Discord in his stone imprisonment. With no love and harmony feeding the elements, you may as well throw them away because they are quite useless. Discord will escape once more, so immediate action is imperative. I'll try to hold things off here, but I need you to organize a small party of ponies you might find to be helpful and send them up the Fairway Mountain. I do not know what they will find up there but I have the feeling that it will help.

Her Royal Highness,
Princess Celestia

Spike thought of two ponies right away that he thought had potential. They were a hop, a skip, and a jump away from the library.

Comments ( 3 )

The chapters are kinda short, in fact all of what you have coud be done in a chapter or two. Other than that, its not baf. Ill give ya a 'stache for effort.:moustache:

>>Rachel Rayne

Thanks for your input, I'll work on making the chapters longer this week. And thanks for the Spike-stache! :twilightsmile:

Note on your description: You gave away the ending.
When I read a story, half the fun is anticipation to see how they'll solve the problem, and you just told me.

You may want to re-think this.

Goodbye good gentlecolt,
Fighting_oreo

Login or register to comment