• Published 26th Nov 2012
  • 681 Views, 5 Comments

It Was Only A Matter of Time - Peppermint Cream



Selene and Helios have outlived many ponies and now it is their end and a new beginning.

  • ...
 5
 681

Why Did They Go?

It was a beautiful night in Equestria. Every star was clear and visible, the moon was full and ponies all over the land were admiring Luna's masterpiece. In the Canterlot Castle, two sisters were doing just that. Celestia and Luna were curled up together in front of Celestia's fireplace, just enjoying the warmth of the flames.

"Sister, I've been meaning to ask you something ever since I came back."

"Yes Luna?"

"Why did mother and father leave us?" Celestia was surprised by Luna's question. Ever since the night they left, neither of them had brought up their parents.

"They were dying. There was nothing we could do to save them. Alicorns may out live generation after generation but we too have expiration dates. Do not blame their death on yourself, it was only a matter of time." The sisters never went to their beds that night, instead they fell asleep together by the heat of the fire after chatting about stuck up nobles and gossip they had overheard in the castle. Though they had been through rough times, the bond between them lies unbroken and only gets stronger over time.




The End

Author's Note:

Well I finally got round to getting someone to edit my story.
Thanks to TheFallen for being bothered to go through this minefield of a story! It won't let me use a hyperlink in this section so you can use this link to get to his page: http://www.fimfiction.net/user/TheFallen

Comments ( 4 )

1682172 and its not even approved :raritywink: I guess people do read my blog posts after all..

1686324 That person read my blog post so they got here before you.

Login or register to comment