• Published 18th Nov 2012
  • 1,709 Views, 63 Comments

Friendship is Epic - Book 2: Dat Mareami Heat - FlareGun45



The sequel to Friendship is Epic - Book 1. The story where the Noble Six's past return to either haunt them or help them.

  • ...
90
 63
 1,709

Birthday Bash '012

Let’s go back in time. It’s September of 2012. One night, I was fast asleep, and I had a dream. Not Martin Luthor King’s dream, another dream. It was a silly dream. It was actually about me driving along the freeway with a rapid wolverine in my underwear, when suddenly, a pony behind me came right up and stick their hooves across my eyes. I kept on guessing who it was, from Spike, to the Mane Six, to the Noble Six, to any of my friends, and relatives, but before I could keep on guessing, but that was the time I crashed into the incoming truck; and as I was laying there bleeding on the asphalt, I finally recognized the face of my hibachi dealer, who rips off his lips and says; “Everything you know is wrong, black is white, up is down, and short is long, and everything you thought which was so important doesn’t matter. Everything you know is wrong, just forget the words and sing along, what you need to understand is: Everything you know is wrong!”

Now for the real story: My fish were in the tank; most of them were sleeping, but Rainbow and Dorthey had to wake them all up. “Pssst! Darrel! Wake up!” Dorthey whispered to Darrel.

“Uhhnn, I don’t wanna go to school. Ten more minutes.” Darrel whined while he was still asleep.

“WAKE UP!” Dorthey whispered, shoving Darrel around, and Darrel woke up real quick, swimming around.

“AAAH! JELLYFISH! JELLYFISH! JELLYFISH!” Darrel cried, swimming all around the tank, waking up Yoyo, Pearl, and Piddles while he was at it. Dorthey then stopped Darrel and shushed him.

“We don’t need to be quiet, Dorthey. Flare can’t even hear us.” Rainbow reminded her.

“What’s going on?” Yoyo asked.

“I hope you REALLY have a good reason by waking me up like that!” Pearl complained.

“Do you guys know what today is?!” Rainbow asked.

“Sunday, September 16th, 2012” Piddles said. Piddles stopped for a sec, and knew what today actually is. “It’s Flare’s birthday!” All the fish look at the calendar that’s hanging on the closet door and they all screamed.

“Everyone calm down!” Rainbow yelled. “I know its Flare’s birthday. That’s why we got up early, so we can be prepared!”

“Right!” Darrel said. “Wait, prepare for what?”

“Ear plugs for all!” Dorthey said, passing out some ear plugs. “I got some pillows over there, just in case.”

“Alright, let’s get this tank sound proof!” Rainbow said, but just then, my alarm clock starts going off. “TOO LATE! EVERYONE TAKE COVER!”

All the fish started hiding in random places in the tank. Yoyo hides under the rocks, Rainbow and Dorthey hide in the vase, Pearl hides in the castle while closing the door with a ‘Do Not Disturb’ sign on it, Darrel just floats there covering his eyes with his fins, and Piddles was knocking on the castle door yelling, “Aw c’mon, Pearl!” Piddles looks around for hiding place, but they were all full.

I suddenly stuck my hoof out from under the covers of my bed, and turned off my alarm. I jumped out of bed with lots of blow horns and stuff, and I yelled, “SURPRISE! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME! SUPER-DEE-DOOPER HAPPY FACE!” I started using my blow horn, and turned up my Stereo screaming; “HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY! HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY! HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TO MEEEEEEEEEE! WOOOOO HOOO! WAKE UP FISHIES! IT’S MY BIRTHDAY TODAY!”

Piddles was holding his ears, and yelled, “AAAAH! SO MUCH NOISE! MAKE IT STOP!” I continued making all this loud noise because I so excited that I turned 26! Can’t you believe it? 26 years old! I was making a ton of racket! My trailer was positioned right under Rainbow Dash’s and Blaze’s house. They started getting really annoyed over the loud noise.

Rainbow Dash started shaking Blaze around in bed and said, “Blaze! Go and make Flare shut up!”

“”Uhhnn! I don’t wanna go to school! Ten more minutes!” Blaze whined while still sleeping.

“BLAZE!” Rainbow yelled, pushing Blaze out of bed.

“Ow! I hope you have a good reason for waking me up like that!” Blaze complained.

“Flare is making a ton of noise! I need you to go down and get him to shut up!” Rainbow demanded.

“Alright, Dashie. Alright, just calm down.” Blaze said while he was trying to stand up, but then he flops right on the ground.

The ‘Do The Flop’ guy suddenly shows up and yells, “Everypony do the flo- oh wait, did I miss it?” he asked as Blaze was already flopped on the ground.

After regaining his senses, Blaze flies down to my trailer and starts knocking on the door. “Flare?! Flare I need to talk to you!”

My eyeball camera near the door activates and stares over at Blaze as confetti pops out.“SUP BRAH!?” I yelled through the intercom.

“Flare! What’s with all the noise? You and Pinkie having another party in there?” Blaze asked.

“Sorry? I can’t hear you over the music and blow horns!” I yelled, using the blow horn on the intercom, which really hurt Blaze’s ear drums.

“OW!” Blaze yelled. “TURN OFF THE MUSIC!”

I use the blow horn on the intercom again. “WHAT?! You want us to go pick up chicks?! Sure thing, man! I’m down!” I yelled.

“NO! KEEP IT DOWN!” Blaze yelled.

“Don’t worry! I don’t plan to frown today!” I yelled.

“NO! JUST…. OPEN THE DOOR!” Blaze yelled.

“DON’T WORRY! I KNOW MY BANANAS ARE ROTTEN TO THE CORE, BUT HOW CAN YOU SMELL THEM FROM UP THERE?!” I yelled.

“OH… PEN…. THE… DOOR!!!!!” Blaze yelled at the top of his lungs. Yeah, he was standing on the top of his lungs when he said that, heh! I tease!

“OH! KAY KAY!” I yelled, I went over to the door, opened it, and honked the blow horn in Blaze’s ear. “SUP BRAH!?”

“WHAT’S WITH ALL THE RACKET?!” Blaze yelled.

“I’M SO EXCITED RIGHT NOW, BRAH!” I yelled.

“CAN YOU TURN OFF THE MUSIC?!” Blaze yelled.

“HUH?! OH SURE THING, MAN!” I yelled as I used my stereo remote to turn off the stereo.

“That’s better.” Blaze said. I honked the blow horn in Blaze’s face again, and then he grabs it from me, and blows it in my face.

“OW!” I yelled. “That hurt!”

“Yeah that doesn’t feel so good, doesn’t it?” Blaze asked with an attitude.

“What’s your problem, brah?” I asked.

“My problem is that you’re making so much noise! Keep it down!” Blaze demanded.

“Sorry, Blaze! I’m just really excited because today is my birthday today!” I said.

“And you had to get up 5 in the morning to turn up the music?” Blaze asked.

“Oh…. I thought I set my clock to 6? Oh well! The early bird kills the cat, right?” I asked.

“Well, happy birthday, man!” Blaze said.

“Thanks, dude! Since you’re awake, maybe we can hang!” I suggested.

“Ok, sure!” Blaze said.

“I’m feeling so psyched right now, man!” I said.

“I heard my name. What’s going on?” Psyche asked.

“Psyche? What are you doing awake this early?” Blaze asked.

“To tell Flare to keep it down! I can hear his music from a mile away!” Psyche said.

“You automatically assumed it was me?” I asked.

“I actually thought it was Pinkie at first, but I checked and it wasn’t her.” Psyche said. “But since your birthday is coming up, you were the next best choice!”

“Yeah, my birthday is today!” I said.

“Oh really? Happy birthday, Flare!” Psyche said.

“Thanks, man!” I said. “I got the whole day planned! This is gonna be so awesome!”

“I can tell! You’re already partying it out hard!” Blaze said.

“So, what do you guys say we have an early start to partying?” I asked.

“Sure! I’m down!” Blaze said.

“I got nothing better to do!” Psyche shrugged.

“LET’S PAR-TAY!” I yelled. We all ran back into my trailer, turned up the stereo, and started using the blow horn again. Rainbow Dash was groaning, and covering her face with her pillow.

“You had one job, Blaze! ONE JOB!” Rainbow complained. My sister Water though, she’s was sleeping like a rock in the guest bedroom. She always wears ear muffs and a blind fold when she sleeps. I keep warning her though that wearing those things while sleeping isn’t very safe. What if someone breaks into my indestructible trailer and I’m not home? No one’s going to warn her.

A couple of hours went by, and I decided to make the three of us a hearty breakfast! “That before-birthday party sure was fun, Flare!” Blaze said.

“You and Pinkie are similar in so many ways, you know!” Psyche said.

“She taught me everything she knows!” I said.

“So what you making?” Blaze asked.

“It’s a surprise!” I said.

“It’s YOUR birthday, man! Why are you surprising us?” Blaze asked.

“Because I thought, since you might surprise me later, I might as well return the favor! Oh I rhymed!” I said.

“Hey, isn’t this your first birthday in Ponyville?” Blaze asked.

“Sure is, brah! Isn’t this exciting? Most of my birthdays were lonely, and it was just my stupid family, but now that I am here, I have so many friends to share my birthday with, and a ton of new presents too!” I said.

“Your stupid family? Be lucky for what you have, Flare.” Psyche advised me.

“What do you want for your birthday anyway?” Blaze asked.

“Oh, gimmie anything you want!” I said.

“C’mon, brah! We insist!” Blaze said.

“No, I insist. I already have everything I ACTUALLY want. As long as it isn’t table hockey, I’m fine.” I said.

“Why not a table hockey?” Psyche asked.

“I don’t have room for one! I already have an air hockey table AND a pool table in the lounge already! There’s no room in there for a third table!” I said.

“Got it!” Blaze said.

“Where’s the party taking place?” Psyche asked.

“I asked Pinkie to make the party for me and surprise me with the location!” I said.

“She’s probably going to host it in Sugarcube Corner, like always.” Psyche guessed.

“I actually thought she was going to do it at my shop.” I guessed.

“Hey, knowing Pinkie, we might have the party at a T.G.I. Fridays for all we known!” Psyche said, and we all laughed.

“Wait, how is that funny?” Blaze asked.

“Heh! Anyways, breakfast is ready as spaghetti!” I said.

“You cooked spaghetti for breakfast?” Blaze asked.

“Silly Blaze! The only spaghetti you can eat for breakfast is leftovers!” Psyche said.

“That’s right!” I said.

“Right.” Blaze nodded.

“That’s why I made angel-hair pasta instead!” I said.

A cutaway shows at Fluttershy’s cottage, Fluttershy puts a little bit of salad in Angel’s food dish and she calls out for him. “Angel! Time for breakfast!” Angel starts hopping in the room, but all his fur is gone. Fluttershy suddenly screams and faints. The cutaway ends.

“My goodness, I slept like a rock last night!” Water said as she walked into the kitchen. “Hey are you cooking me breakfast?”

“Water, take off your blind fold and ear muffs while you walk, you might crash into something.” I advised her.

“How did she get in here anyway?” Psyche asked.

“Water’s sense of smell is as good as a dog’s.” I said. “But then again, I don’t like dogs…” Just then, I kicked Water out of my trailer in fear.

“Now who wants a hearty breakfast?” I asked, putting some Angel-Hair pasta in Blaze and Psyche’s dishes.

“How is this hearty? Pasta isn’t good for you.” Blaze corrected me.

“Of course it is! It’s good for your soul!” I said.

“Blaze doesn’t have a soul!” Psyche teased.

“Shut up, Psyche!” Blaze demanded.

“Yeah, shut up, Psyche!” I added, but then I laughed. “But that was hilarious! You’re my favorite pony today, Psyche!”

“Thank you!” Psyche bowed.

“Shut up, Psyche!” I instructed him again.

So we all had our breakfast, we talked for a little bit, and I was just about to head out for the day. “Ah! I gotta say! That was delicious, Flare!” Blaze said.

“Glad you liked it! Now get out!” I ordered them.

“Pardon?” Psyche asked.

I laughed. “I’m just kidding, well…. I’m half-kidding. I want you to leave, but only because I have some errands to run.” I said.

“Getting prepared for your party?” Blaze asked.

“Yep! I need a fine outfit! I already ordered one from Rarity! I need to go pick it up.” I said.

“Got it!” Blaze said.

“So we’ll be meeting at the party later, I guess?” Psyche asked.

“If you didn’t give me a present, don’t bother coming.” I teased.

“Don’t worry; I’ll be sure I won’t!” Psyche teased.

“Well, you got nothing to worry about, man! I got you something pretty sweet!” Blaze said.

“That’s awesome, brah! Can’t wait to see it!” I said.

“Awesome! So catch ya later?” Blaze asked.

“Catch ya later!” I said.

“Bye!” Psyche said as the two of them walked out of my trailer.

“Did you get Flare’s water bill?” Blaze asked Psyche behind my back.

“I sure did! What better birthday present than to pay your friend’s water bill?” Psyche asked.

“I just hope he doesn’t take too much showers.” Blaze said.

“Uh oh.” Psyche said as he read my bill letter.

“What’s wrong?” Blaze asked.

“I accidently took his electric bill.” Psyche said.

“Oh… well… I guess we should split this present then if either of us is going to have money leftover.” Blaze suggested.

So back at my trailer, I was getting my phone, money, and other stuff, turned on my alarm, and I walked out. I skipped along the town until I got to Rarity’s shop. Rarity was upstairs already getting a dress done. Sweetie Belle was also there, reading a magazine. I walked inside and sat on down and waited.

Sweetie Belle got up quickly, and ran over to me. “Hey, Flare!” she said in excitement.

“Hey, Sweets! What’s up?” I asked.

“Nothing much! Just hanging with my big sister!” Sweetie said.

“Really?” I looked around. “Because it doesn’t seem like it.” I teased.

“Well, Rarity has a few things to do. She said we’ll hang in a little while.” Sweets said.

“What’s Rarity’s definition of a ‘little while’? 2 hours? 3 hours?” I asked.

Sweetie giggled. “6 weeks?” she added.

“Yeah six weeks! Maybe even a billion years!” I added. We both were laughing.

“Maybe in 8 generations!” Sweetie added and we continued laughing.

“Ok, let’s not go that far.” I said seriously. Some time went by and Rarity came on downstairs with her new dress.

“Sweetie? Darling? I’m ready for our playda-“ Rarity stopped talking and saw mud tracks on the ceiling, and Rarity got pretty angry. “SWEETIE BELLE! How many times do I have to say- Wait, how did your mud tracks get on the ceiling?”

I was holding Sweetie up on the ceiling while Sweetie was walking on it; she was giggling as I was singing; “Spider Belle; Spider Belle; does whatever a Spider Belle does! Can she swing; from a web? No she can’t; she’s a belle! Look oooooout; she’s Spider Belllllllllllllllle!”

“Oh….. Flare! Darling! Hello!” Rarity said with an embarrassed tone.

“Oh hey Rare! I guess we didn’t have to wait for you for six weeks!” I said.

“What do you mean by that?” Rarity asked.

“Sweetie and I were thinking of your definition for a ‘little while’.” I said.

“Ok, all the blood is coming to my head!” Sweetie said looking pretty dizzy.

“Oh. Sorry, Sweets!” I said, putting her back on the floor.

“What can I do for you, Flare?” Rarity asked.

“Is my ready party outfit?” I asked.

“Is your what now?” Rarity asked.

“Is my outfit party ready?” I asked.

“Oh your party outfit? Why yes it is! What kind of party are you going to anyway?” Rarity asked looking for my ‘birthday suit’.

“It’s my birthday party! What you forgot?” I asked. “I need the birthday suit I asked for. I wanna put on my birthday suit.”

“Your birthday party? That’s today?” Rarity asked.

“Yeah, I told you like a million times already.” I reminded her.

“What’s your definition of a ‘million’?” Sweetie Belle asked me.

“Oh I dunno… two, I guess.” I said.

“Oh dear! I am so sorry!” Rarity said.

“It’s cool! As long as I got a present for you, it’s fine!” I said.

“Oh…. Your present?” Rarity was feeling really nervous because she knew she forgot to get me a present, but an idea popped into her head. She got my outfit, and gave it to me. “Here’s your present!”

“This isn’t my present.” I said.

“Yeah it is! See? I’m giving it to you! My treat!” Rarity squeed.

“I ordered this. It can’t be a present unless you surprise me with something.” I said.

“Oh…..” Rarity said.

“It’s alright, Rare! I get what you’re saying! You have my real present somewhere and you were trying to trick me into thinking this is my present, so you’d surprise me later!” I said mischievously. “Oooo I’m onto you!”

“What? Oh! Right! Yes, of course! You’re too smart for me, Flare.” Rarity giggled embarrassedly.

“I know how generous you are, Rare! My party’s going to start pretty soon!” I said.

“Ok, dear! I hope you like the new outfit!” she said.

“I do, thanks! Alright, I’ll catch later, sista!” I said as I walked out of the shop.

“Toodles!” Rare said, waving at me as I walk out. She starts freaking out after I leaft. “OH THE HORRORS! THE HORRORS! Why must my work be in the way of remembering very important days that my friends have?!”

“So what you forgot Flare’s birthday? It’s alright!” Sweet said.

“NO! It’s not alright!” Rare yelled, shaking Sweetie around. “Don’t you know what this means?!”

“It means you’re going to delay our playdate?” Sweets asked.

“Just for a little while, dear.” Rarity smiled.

“And your definition of a little while is….” Sweetie said with an attitude.

“I have to find Flare a present. I’m so caught up on my work that I forgot to get him one!” Rarity cried.

“Just make him a nice outfit!” Sweetie suggested.

“Oh, and what did you just see me give him?” Rarity asked.

“Flare will never suspect you giving him another outfit.” Sweets said.

“C’mon, Sweetie Belle, let’s get real! I need to give Flare something big! Maybe the best present ever, but the question is, what present would be the best present for a pony like Flare?” Rarity asked herself.

“Flare usually likes video games.” Sweetie said.

“Oh…. I never thought I’d get the heart of being inside a video game store.” Rarity took a deep breath. “But it doesn’t seem to be much of a choice there, is there?”

“There’s nothing to worry about Rarity. Flare’s an easy pony to impress! Just give him one game, and he’ll be satisfied.” Sweetie said.

“Thank you, Sweetie Belle! You are a true life saver!” Rarity said as she takes her pocket book and runs out of her shop in a hurry.

“I’m a piece of candy?” Sweetie asked herself. So Rarity ran over to the video game store to find me a game for my birthday. Rarity felt a bit uncomfortable being in a video game store though. All the gamers inside the store were whistling and staring at Rarity, and not to mention, video games aren’t really her thing, but she knew she had to do to make my big day the best it can be. I mean, wouldn’t Rarity do that with ponies that aren’t even her closest friends? She generously gave a sea serpent her tail, so I don’t see why not.

“Hello, miss! Can I help you?” one of the clerks with a Scottish accent asked.

“Oh, hi! It’s my friend’s birthday, and I want to get him a video game as a gift, if you please?” Rarity asked.

“You’ve come to the right place, miss! We sell are sorts of video games here!” the clerk said.

“Really? I haven’t noticed.” Rarity said sarcastically.

“What kind of games does your friend like to play?” the clerk asked.

“I’m not sure. I don’t pay attention, and I don’t hang with him that much.” Rarity said.

“Well, if I had to guess, perhaps your friend likes shooters! How about Dead Space 2?” the clerk asked.

“DEAD Space? Flare Gun deserves better than this DEAD stuff! He’ll have nightmares!” Rarity said.

“I wouldn’t be surprised. I had a lot of costumers that had nightmares with the first Dead Space. They got so scared, their spleens fell out!” the clerk said.

“EWWW!” Rarity yelled.

“Ya don’t seem like a gamer girl.” The clerk said.

“I’M NOT!” Rarity yelled.

“Hi, Rarity!” Spike said.

“Spikey! What are you doing here?” Rarity asked.

“I’m here to find Flare a birthday present! Maybe we can look together! Make these gifts from the both of us!” Spike suggested with hearts on his eyes.

”I appreciate the offer, Spike!” Rarity said, looking a little freaked out. “But I need to give Flare the best of the best; he deserves it!”

“Well, you came to the right place! I already gave Flare a pre-order for Halo 4!” Spike said.

“How on Earth did you get the money?” Rarity asked.

“Twilight asked for some from Celestia. Being a student of the princess does has its advantages, Rarity, you know?” Spike said.

“Well, I wonder what Flare would like?” Rarity asked, looking around store. “Ah! Here we are! Super Mario 64! This looks like a game that Flare would like!”

“First of all, Flare already has that game; second, Flare’s getting a little tired of Mario.” Spike said.

“Oh…. Alright then. How about…..” Rarity continued looking around. “Mario and Sonic in the Olympics! That sounds like fun!”

“If you knew Flare well, you’d know he hates sports games.” Spike informed her.

“I obviously don’t know him well enough then.” Rarity giggled embarrassedly. “How about Little Monster?”

”That game is for babies.” Spike said.

“Well, if you know Flare so much, what do you think he’ll like?” Rarity asked.

“FPS’s, RPGs, TPS’s, strategy games, any will do!” Spike said.

Rarity became silent for a moment. “Huh?” she asked curiously.

“First-person shooters is what he mainly likes. Look for shooting games.” Spike informed her.

“How about this one?” Rarity asked.

“Call of Duty: Black Ops 2?” Spike started laughing. “COD stopped being good since Modern Warfare 2!”

“This is so hard, Spikey!” Rarity whined. “I know nothing about games! How can I find the right one for Flare?”

“Then don’t give him a game. Flare has so many games he hasn’t even used yet.” Spike said. “If you really wanna impress Flare, perhaps I can help.”

”Spikey-Wikey, I’d love you forever if you helped me find the right present for Flare!” Rarity hugged Spike really tight but he didn’t seem to mind.

“Well, in that case….. Flare would LOVE IT if you gave him a new pair of ear buds!”

“Thank you, Spike! You’re the best!” Rarity ran out of the video game shop leaving Spike behind with hearts spinning around his head.

“She’ll love me forever for sure!” Spike said to himself.

“A baby dragon and an adult pony? I would love to see how your kid will look like!” the store clerk teased.

“Whoa, buddy! Take it slow!” Spike said embarrassingly. “I don’t want to think about that yet!”

Meanwhile, I walked on over to see Pinkie; maybe I can get a sneak peek of my party. I knocked on the door to Sugarcube Corner. Knock, knock, knock; “Pinkie?” Knock, knock, knock; “Pinkie?”

Pinkie opened the door and cried, “Hiya, Flarey!”

I then awkwardly started knocking on the side the door because Pinkie didn’t let me finish my knock so I did so and then I awkwardly mumbled “Pinkie?”

“Hi!” Pinkie said.

“Wow that was unexpecting.” I said.

“What do you mean?” Pinkie asked.

“I thought you were going to yell happy birthday to me?” I asked.

“Of course, silly! You didn’t give me a chance to!” Pinkie informed me. We were both silent for a few seconds.

“Are you going to say it?” I asked.

“Wow, aren’t you rushy?” Pinkie said and giggled. “How about some balloons?” Pinkie gave me a couple of balloons.

“Oh how nice! You just gave me a couple of sacks full of your breath! Just what I needed!” I said excitedly, but probably sarcastically. I wasn’t too sure.

Pinkie giggled. “Hope you like them!”

“Hey, no worries! I do, but balloons are always weird to me. Balloons is just another way of saying; ‘Sup brah? Want a couple of plastic sacks full of my breath?’”

“But these are all plastic sacks full of Gummy’s breath!” Pinkie corrected me.

“I stand corrected.” I said while peeking inside.

Pinkie giggled. “What are you peeking at, silly?”

“I just wanted a sneak peek of my party!” I said.

“Well, it wouldn’t be a SURPRISE party if you knew the location? Duh! Your party is somewhere else!” Pinkie reminded me.

“Oh that’s cool! Where is it?” I asked.

“I can’t tell you! It would spoil the surprise!” Pinkie reminded me.

“Right! Hmm…. Maybe it’s time I went on a little scavenger hunt.” I said.

“Scavenge away, matey! Arrrr!” Pinkie said in a pirate voice and winks.

“Aye, matey!” I said, with one of my eyes closed. “Can I least have a hint of where it is?”

“No way! That would spoil the surprise even more! Laters!” Pinkie said, closing the door.

“Aww, ya seriousen me?” I asked as if ‘seriousen’ was an actual word. Hey, I speak Flareneese! Anything is possible when I make up my own language!

Meanwhile, Rarity heads over to the electronics shop to get my ear buds. “Ok… ear buds… what are ear buds anyway? Are they little robots that hang on your ear or something?” she asked herself. She searches high and low for them, but can't find them anywhere. Not the ones I'm looking for though. “Alright… I think I might some aidez-moi.” Rarity looks around the store to see who might help her out when eventually she finds Adventure Blade looking at some chargers. “Yoo-hoo! Hello there, Flare’s friend!”

“Huh?” Addie asked.

“You’re a friend of my friend Flare, right?” Rarity asked as she walked over towards him.

“I guess.” Addie said.

“What’s your name again? Ad… something?” Rarity asked.

“Adventure Blade.” Addie said.

“Advenure… Blay?” Rarity asked.

“Adventure Blade.” Addie repeated himself.

“Ad… sorry, dear. English is more of a second language to me. Le français est essentiellement la première langue parlée à ma famille avant de passer à Ponyville.” (Translation: French is basically the first language my family spoken before moving to Ponyville.) Rarity said.

“Ok.” Addie said. I knew he didn’t really understand what she said, but that’s all he gives me a lot.

“So… Ad… Adven… Adventuro Blabe?” Rarity asked.

“Just call me Keith if my name is so hard for you.” Addie suggested.

“Keiff?” Rarity asked.

“Bye.” Addie said as he was about to walk away.

“No, wait! I need your help!” Rarity begged.

“Why would you want the help from a pony that you can’t even pronounce his name?” Addie asked.

“I just need help getting Flare something for his birthday and I thought you might help me in getting some… what did Spike call it? Ear-buds?” Rarity asked.

“Oh.” Addie said.

“Oui.” Rarity nodded.

“Ok.” Addie said.

“So you know where I could find some, darling?” Rarity asked.

“Here in this store.” Addie said.

“Yeah I realize that, but where in this store?” Rarity asked.

“Do you even know what ear-buds are?” Addie asked.

“Yeah… friends with Flare’s ears, right?” Rarity asked.

“Rarity, why would you buy Flare something that you don’t know what it is?” Addie asked. “How would you even know he’d like it?”

“Because Spike suggested it.” Rarity said.

“How would you know if Spike is actually right?” Addie asked.

“Well… he hangs out with Flare a lot, so… I thought he’d know.” Rarity said.

“Oh… I guess that’s true, sorry.” Addie said.

“Yeah.” Rarity said.

“Yee.” Addie said.

“So would be a dear and just help me find the ear-buds please?” Rarity asked.

“You see your friend Rainbow Dash?” Addie pointed over to Rainbow Dash across the store.

“Yeah.” Rarity said as she looked over and saw Rainbow Dash picking out ear-buds.

“You seem to be a little late for getting Flare THAT for his birthday.” Addie said.

“Hmph!” Rarity groaned. “Yeah thanks for your help, Keet!” she said sarcastically.

“You’re welcome, Rawrity.” Addie teased as he walks away.

Meanwhile, I continued my scavenger hunt. I went over to Sweet Apple Acres to see if it was there, but I did smell something delicious coming from the farmhouse. I was about to knock on the door, but Big Mac was blocking the way, wearing a bouncer suit. I tried to find a way around him, but he kept blocking the way. I tried to trick him in saying "RUN! IT'S GODZILLA!", while pointing behind him, using a Japanese accent, and had that look on my face with an anime character spazing out. I tried other methods in tricking him, like putting an apple fritter on the ground attached to a string, but that didn't work, in fact, once I pulled it back, I wanted to eat it, but there were fire ants on it that made my tongue all swollen. I even tried to get a decoy to stand out there in front of Big Mac while I sneak through the window, but once I got inside, there was a sling shot that Granny Smith used to throw me back out. Next, I tried one more method, probably the trickiest one in the book: going through the back door. I couldn’t do that though because Winona was sleeping there and I was just like ‘nope’. I then gave up on trying to find out what the Apples have in store for me, so I might as well wait until later.

Meanwhile back with Rarity, she wanted to get me something really cute! So she went over to Fluttershy’s to get me a new pet of some sort. “So you want to give Flare another pet huh?”

“What? He has a pet already?” Rarity asked.

“He has pet fish, remember?” Fluttershy reminded her.

“Ahhh…” Rarity nodded. “I clearly do not know Flare that well it seems. I don’t think I’ve ever been inside his trailer before.”

“I’m sorry.” Flutters said.

“But you clearly know Flare pretty well. You two are close, right?” Rarity asked.

“Well… umm… he hasn’t been visiting as much as he used to.” Flutters said.

“But you think you might know what he may like?” Rarity asked.

“Mhm.” Flutters nodded.

“Do you have any dogs, dear? I bet Flare would ADORE a dog!” Rarity suggested.

“Wow… you really don’t know Flare well.” Flutters said awkwardly.

“What?” Rarity asked.

“He’s afraid of dogs.” Flutters reminded her.

“But… how is that possible? He was at Sweet Apple Acres multiple times.” Rarity said.

“He mainly just ignores Winona.” Flutters said.

“How about a bird? You think Flare might want a bird?” Rarity asked.

“Flare doesn’t like birds. He says they always bite.” Flutters said.

“How about a turtle?” Rarity asked.

“Flare’s afraid the turtle would eat his fish.” Flutters said. “How about a cat?”

“But wouldn’t a cat eat his fish too?” Rarity asked.

“His tank is protected. The only reason I said turtle is because turtles require tanks and he only has room in his trailer for one tank.” Flutters said.

“So a cat?” Rarity asked.

“Well… I used to have the perfect kitty I was originally going to give Rainbow Dash the time she was looking for a pet, but Ahuizotl from Daring Do already adopted him.” Flutters said.

“Actually, on second thought, not a cat.” Rarity said.

“Why not?” Flutters asked.

“I wouldn’t want to see all of Flare’s cloth and yarn being scratched. Trust me on that.” Rarity said.

“Do you even know who Flare is?” Flutters asked curiously.

Meanwhile, I went over to Engie’s house and did the Sheldon Cooper on his door. Engie was in there making me something. I saw the blow torch sparks from the window. “Hey Engie, do you wanna build a snowman?” I asked.

“Go away, Flare!” Engie called out.

“Why?” I asked.

“Uhh, ah’m not home!” Engie shouted out.

“But where did that voice come from then?” I asked.

“This is a voice message system. Please leave a message after the beep!” Engie said.

“Are you sure this is a voice message system?” I asked suspiciously.

“Yes it is, now go away!” Engie yelled.

I shrugged. “Ok, I guess I’ll come back later.” I said. Engie felt relieved and went back to work.

Back with Rarity, she went over to Sugarcube Corner to see if she can get me anything sweet. She looked over at the Candy Apples and asked for one, but then Pinkie came and said; “NO, Rarity!”

“What?” Rarity asked.

“You can’t get Flare a candy apple for his birthday!” Pinkie said.

”Why not?” Rarity asked.

“Because Flare has a dentist appointment next week! This stuff rots the teeth!” Pinkie said.

“Ooook, how about the cookies?” Rarity asked.

“His grandma already got him fresh cookies in the mail!” Pinkie said.

“How about the cake?” Rarity asked.

”C’mon, a cake on a birthday? Be more original, Rarity!” Pinkie advised her.

“This jell-o?” Rarity asked.

“Cherry Berry actually already ordered that jell-o.” Mr. Cake said.

“C’mon, Rarity! You can think better than giving Flare sweets! That’s already my department! Get him something he’d love!” Pinkie advised her.

“But what else is there to get him?” Rarity asked.

“You have a creative imagination, Rarity! I’m sure you’ll think of something!” Pinkie said.

“Thank you, Pinkie. I’m glad you respect my creative imagination!” Rarity said thankfully.

“Ok, I said you have a creative imagination. I didn’t say I respected it.” Pinkie corrected her.

Back with me, I went from house to house trying to spoil my surprise. I tried Aqua’s house, but only his sister Wind Racer was there and she told me Aqua was trying to fix a water leak over at the Water Purifier plant. I tried Fluttershy’s place, but she said she had to cure a sick mutated chipmunk with a beaver tail, and the toe tails the size of gram crackers. Derpy was sick with the muffin flu, and after that, I just gave up. I suppose I’ll just wait until the party to find out what they all got me.

Meanwhile, Rarity was walking slowly and upsettingly through town because she didn’t know what to get me for my birthday. She sighed and said, “I don’t know what to do! I don’t know what to get Flare for his birthday! Everything I try to get him, somepony else already got him, or they tell me he won’t like it. I could’ve gotten him that automatic soap dispenser if I didn’t se dégonfler of the challenge I had to do to win it.”

A cutaway shows a pony giving away an automatic soap dispenser for Rarity. “Step right up! Win a free automatic soap dispenser!” the merchant yelled.

”What’s the catch?” Rarity asked.

“No catch! All you have to do is make macaroni art of a kitty and whoever wins the macaroni art contests, wins the dispenser!” the merchant said.

“Sounds good! I’m in!” Rarity said.

“Good! Just grab some sticky messy glue and head over to your station!” the merchant said. The cutaway ends.

“I could’ve entered that contest if he didn’t say the words ‘sticky’ and ‘messy’ in that sentence.” Rarity said with a grossed-out look on her face.

“Pssst, hey.” A voice whispered.

“Huh?” Rarity asked.

“Over here.” The voice whispered again.

”Over where, darling?” Rarity asked.

“Over here!” the voice was coming from behind a few trash bins between two houses, and it was a pony wearing a dark robe. Rarity walked over to the pony cautiously. “I overheard you were looking for a birthday present. Is it true?”

“Yes, it is. How did you know?” Rarity asked.

”A wise pony never reveals all their secrets.” The pony said.

“What is this all about?” Rarity asked.

“I know just the thing that will please your friend!” the pony said, taking out a cube-shaped object. “With this!”

“What is this?” Rarity asked.

“It’s an imagine-holographic simulation device.” The pony said.

“An imagine-holowhata whatulation device?” Rarity asked.

“It’s a game, but can be done in real life. All you have to do is insert the game of choice into the slot here, and the game ‘magically’ comes to life from just a push of a button! Amazing, isn’t it?” the pony explained.

“Well…. Flare does like video games. How much is it?” Rarity asked.

“60 bits.” The pony said.

“Ooo, that seems like a lot, but I must do anything to impress Flare, so here!” Rarity said, giving the mysterious pony 60 bits.

“Use it wisely.” The pony advised her, giving the cube to Rarity.

“Ok, so how does this work?” Rarity asked, looking at the cube. “Are there any particular instruction that’s I have to know before using it?” Rarity looked back where the mysterious pony used to be, but they were already gone. Rarity looked back at the cube and smiled; “This will surely make Flare very happy!”

So, I was sitting in my office at the shop, very UNhappy because I really needed to know what everypony was going to give me for my birthday. Lyra and Bonnie were working still, so they had nothing for me it seems. All I had in my head was what the presents were to be or where ever the party is. I just played with the objects on my desk. I tried sharpening my pancil- I mean, pencil; I tried to play with those little balls on my desk on string that when you hit them, the string ball on the other side moves. What is that thing called again? Whatever. Yeah, it’s called whatever.

“Ugh! I’m so bored!” I complained. “I really hate waiting for surprises. Just like Derpy hated the re-run of The Last Roundup.”

A cutaway shows Rainbow Dash putting up a banner on town hall with AppleJack on it. Mainly this is a replica of the same scene from the Last Roundup. A lightning strike hit Dash’s tail and Dash said; “Now, careful!” Derpy was hopping on a storm cloud. “You don’t want to cause anymore damage than what you’ve done.”

“WHAT?!” Derpy yelled angrily as flew towards Rainbow Dash’s face. “WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?! Did you just forget what you said since this became a re-run? WHAT’S MY NAME?!” Derpy yelled in Rainbow Dash’s face. The cutaway ends.

Just then, my cell phone started ringing, and I answered it. “Sup brah?”

“Hey, Flare! Ah need yer help over at the farm. Can ya come over here?” AppleJack asked.

I smiled. “Mischievous face! Of course, AJ! I’ll be there momentarily!” I said.

”Thank ya, sugarcube! See ya in a little bit!” AppleJack said.

“Bye!” I said and hung up. “Party time!” So I trotted over to Sweet Apple Acers to help ol AppleJack out on whatever she needed, thinking it was a party, but once I got there, there wasn’t a party. AppleJack needed me to help Big Mac with putting a few crates on the top of shelves of the barn. Once I finished, AppleJack and Big Mac thanked me for the hard work, and then I had a phone call with Aqua who needed me over at the town pool.

Nope, no party there either once I got there. Aqua needed me to hold a big pole thing near one of the drains in the drained pool while Aqua was in the sewers, trying to clean out the pipes with the other side of the pole. Once we were done, Aqua and I filled the pool together, and I got another phone call.

After that, I got yet another phone call from Black Thunder. He needed me to record him doing skateboarding stunts, and then edit the video by putting music in the background, and then upload it on his account on YouTube. I knew it was too good to be true. It doesn’t seem that the party was going to be anytime soon. This isn’t what I wanted for my birthday! I didn’t want to do chores for my friends! I just ignored the rest of the phone calls I had, and just upsettingly walked over to my shop so I could just continue playing with my balls….. on the strings that are on my desk, and continue making cutaway gags of certain events in Ponyville that I wasn’t a part of, but just then, when I walked into my shop, I heard a loud; “SURPRISE!” I gasped and then I died of a heartattack, and now it’s the end of Friendship is Epic. Good-bye!

“Oh right, Flare hates surprises. I forgot.” Pinkie said.

HA! I’m kidding! I didn’t die. Sorry to burst your bubble, brahs! “Wow! That was a flawless surprise! Flawless! FLAAAAAAWLEEEEEEESS!” when I yelled ‘flawless’, my head began to expand from digital affects, and then my head turned back to normal size once I finished saying it. “I am so surprised right now, my boredom is gone, and I don’t have to keep messing around with the balls on my desk in my office.”

“Well, I hope you like everything! Pinkie and Crystal made it really fast while you were gone!” Blaze said.

“Well, as long as nopony says ‘Relax, Flare. It’s a party!’ Then everything should be fine.” I said.

“Why don’t you want anypony to say that?” Crystal asked.

“Because everyone says it a lot, and it’s way too obvious which makes you sound stupid.” I said.

“Well Crystal and I have a little something for you, Flare!” Pinkie said.

“Gum?” I asked.

“Nope! Are you ready, Crystal?” Pinkie asked her.

“Ready!” Crystal said.

“Wait! You didn’t even give me a fair chance to guess!” I complained.

“You had your chance, Flare.” Crystal said.

“Yeah kiss my shiny red flank!” I said angrily.

“Yeah with pleasure!” Crystal said mischievously.

“Eww, really?” I asked. “You gross me out and you’re not giving me any chances. I’m going to take this plasma grenade and throw it at you and watch you blow up.” I suddenly take out a plasma grenade from Halo out of my vest pocket and then I activated it and then I threw it at Crystal. “Ally-oop!” I said as I threw it at her, but it wasn’t on Crystal though. It was still sticking on my hoof. “Hey! HEY! AAAH! RAAAH!” I wiggled my hoof many times trying to get it off, but it was too sticky, and then I blew myself up. Luckily for me, the damage to myself wasn’t critical. I was just all burnt up. “Ok, what do you and Pinkie have for me?” I asked her as I coughed up some smoke shaped like a donut.

“Hit it, Crystal!” Pinkie cried as Crystal started banging some drums and Pinkie started playing her accordion. After a few seconds of instrumental, Pinkie begins to sing to me. “It’s your birthday, it’s your birthday, it’s your birthday today! It’s your birthday, it’s your birthday, everything is ok! Stuff your mouth in chocolately-vanillay goodness… I accidently spit in it, I thought I might confess!”

“Open up the presents that all your friends will give,” Crystal sang. “Then add up your age to find the total punches from Biff!”

Biff from the Back to the Future shows up and starts punching me in the head 26 times. “Hellooooooooooooooo? Helloooooooooooo? Anypony hooooooooooooooooooooooooooome?” He had to say that sentence that long to make up the total punches he gave me.

“Feel a pain in your head, just place an ice cream cone!” Crystal sang as she places an ice cream cone on my head.

“AAAH! Brain freeze!” I yelled in pain.

“Just loooooook at you nooooow.” Crystal sang. “It’s your birthday, that is certainly a faaaaaact!”

“Not an opinion!” Pinkie added.

“Just looooooook at you noooooow.” Crystal sang. Just then all the instruments stop as Crystal sings, “Look out for that baseball bat.”

Just then, a flying bat with a baseball bat knocks me in the head. “HEY!” I cried.

“Now you get it, Flare!” Crystal cried in excitement.

The instruments start playing again as Pinkie sings the next part of the duet, “It’s your birthday, it’s your birthday today! It’s your birthday, it’s not Earth Day, so litter all the food from the buffet!”

Just then Crystal started up a drum solo when she raps the next part of the song, “Don’t you remember Scootaloo’s birthday? You sang to her about the world ending! Don’t you remember Pinkie’s birthday? That was surely a blessing!”

“In what way?” I asked.

“Don’t you remember Aqua’s birthday? That one we certainly had to ditch!” Crystal rapped.

“Wait, what?” Aqua asked.

“Don’t you remember Psyche’s birthday? The anti-gravity was a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit… too irritating.” Crystal rapped.

“You were about to say a swear word, weren’t you, Crystal?” Pinkie asked her mischievously.

“You have no way of proving.” Crystal said.

“OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!” Pinkie shouted as she started to sing again, “It’s your birthday, it’s your birthday, it’s your birthday today!”

“It’s your birthday, fun’s underway-ay, our love’s in your DNA.” Crystal sang.

“Wow, no wonder he looks very unhealthy.” Pinkie teased.

“So please oh please oh please, Flare, do us a little favor,” Crystal and Pinkie both sang to me at the same time.

“Just please,” Crystal sang.

“Oh please!” Pinkie sang.

“Just please!” Crystal sang.

“Yes please!” Pinkie sang.

“Just stop playing everything for a moment I have a sneeze coming.” Crystal instructed Pinkie as they both stopped playing their instruments. Crystal looked like she was about to sneeze, but nothing happened. “Oh… it went away. Sneezes always go away when you least expect them.”

“Yeah, I don’t get that.” Pinkie agreed.

“Just enjoy your birthday today- HEY!” Pinkie and Crystal both sang as they concluded the song.

“So, Flare? How was that?” Crystal asked.

“Well I liked the fact you two did a duet. It’s nice, and you two have nice voices, and the lyrics were ok. I mean, it’s better than what I could make, but it doesn’t beat Cheese Sandwich’s music.” I explained. “What do you think Simon?”

“Listening to you two makes me think about a chalkboard being scraped, or a knife cutting food at the same time it rubs against the fork holding it down, that’s how bad you are.” Simon Cowell said.

“Well… SHUT UP!” Crystal yelled at Simon as she started tearing up. “What do you know about good music you stubborn… no-good… JERK! I’M GOING TO APPLEWOOD AND YOU CAN’T STOP ME!”

“I am so glad you left Equestrian Idol.” I said to Simon. “You’re the Gordon Ramsay of music.”

“Well that’s funny; we both were in the same judging class in college. It’s what our professor taught us. It’s for the ratings.” Simon explained.

So we all started to party it out like its $19.99! Yeah, that’s how much the party costed because Billy Neighs’ employers sold it to us. So we had a lot of fun! We played on the piñata, pin the tail on the pony which was Pinkie, we did some karaoke (I sang all the songs I sang with Cheese Sandwich lyrics), we danced, we did the Mareami Heat challenge, and the best part was, we had a lot of fun! We had some cake, but the sad thing is: it wasn’t the cake I wanted. I said I wanted chocolate cake with vanilla frosting, but guess what I got? Vanilla cake with chocolate frosting! I didn’t say anything to them, so I just went with it.

Now, it’s on to the presents! I was having too much fun in the party that I totally forgot to care about the presents! “Yay! Presents!” I cried in excitement. “I hope nopony got me Skyrim for the PC.”

“Why not?” Spike asked.

“Because then I’d just keep modding it until it crashes.” I said. The sad truth, huh?

So here’s the list of presents I got: Spike got me a pre-paid GTA 5 case, so I can get it right when it comes out! Granny Smith baked me a pie. What flavor? She said ‘PIE FLAVORED’, and a mini pie popped out of the big pie. AppleJack and Big Mac got me my very own tree in their farm and named it after me! Ok, could’ve been a better gift then that, but it was awesome! Fluttershy got me a little fish-sized piano for my fish; Psyche got me a Blu-Ray of Paranorman; Blaze and Rainbow Dash both got me a free ticket and back-stage pass for the next Wonderbolts show; Aqua and Wind Racer got me a new snuggie, which is a blanket with sleeves; Bonnie got me an iTunes gift card, even though I never use iTunes; and Lyra gave me a Starbucks gift card, even though I don’t know if there’s a Starbucks even in Ponyville; Derpy got me a cool propeller hat, which by the way was my favorite present out of the bunch; Engie made me an automatic house-cleaner, which was my second-favorite present, because I really don’t like cleaning bathrooms; Crystal got me a little Princess Luna bobble head; Black Thunder gave me a Blu-Ray of Frankenweenie; the Cutie Mark Crusaders drew me a picture of me and them, which really made me smile; and Pinkie got me a replacement cane to go with my top hat and cane, because this cane can be bended and stored in my pocket, which will really be useful! Oh, and Twilight gave me… well you can guess. It’s a Chicken Soup story, which I really don’t get why they named it that. Doesn’t seem as delicious as it sounds.

“This is so awesome! Thanks, brahs! I really appreciate the presents!” I said. “Wait! I didn’t get Rarity’s present yet!”

“Oh…. Me?” Rarity asked embarrassedly.

“Yes, you! I couldn’t forget you, sista! I’m pretty sure you got me something!” I said, looking at her mischievously.

“Well, I wanted you to save the best for last!” Rarity said.

“Engie’s present and Derpy’s present was the best.” I said.

“Well…. Third best then!” she said, giving me the cube she bought from earlier.

“Oooo, a cube! Pretty cool! Is it a Rubik’s cube?” I asked.

“Actually, it’s a…. imaginative-somethingraphic….something….” Rarity forgot the name of it.

“Ehh, who cares! What’s this button do?” I asked. I suddenly pressed the button, and then a jellyfish of some sort appears in the middle of the room. “Oh hey, a jellyfish of some sort! Cool! But why does this cube look familiar?”

“Not to worry, dear!” Rarity said. “All it is is a cube that brings your games to life!”

”A cube that brings your games to life?” I asked, tilting my head.

“Yeah! You just insert a game into this slot, but it appears there’s already a game in it.” Rarity said. Just then, more jellyfish-like figure started appearing all around the store. One of the jellyfish hopped on Blaze’s head and Blaze fell on the floor.

“BLAZE!” Rainbow Dash yelled, trying to get the jellyfish thing off his head.

“Facehugger jellyfish? They look like those alien jellyfish from the game Sea Horrors.” I said.

“But the pony said they were holographic!” Rarity said.

“Wait, who sold you this game?” I asked her.

”I dunno, a strange pony wearing a black robe. Didn’t see what they looked like.” Rarity said.

“Rarity, don’t you know not to buy stuff from strangers?” I asked her.

“Honestly, Flare! If there was a stranger around town, Pinkie would’ve noticed, and she would’ve told everypony.” Rarity said.

“I was too busy setting up the party!” Pinkie said.

“Woops.” Rarity said embarrassed. Just then, all the other jellyfish started hopping on everypony’s head. I dropped the cube and Rarity screamed.

“That’s an imaginative-holographic simulation device, Rarity! Every gamer knows when they made these, they all gone wrong, and they stopped selling it!” I yelled.

“I didn’t know, Flare!” Rarity cried. “I was trying to find you present, but I couldn’t find anything! It was a last minute thing!”

“Yeah, well. I don’t think you’ll be able to help me out in this. These jellyfish creatures are slimy and dirty, and I know you won’t be able to fight them with me.” I said, while firing my laser blast magic at the jellyfish that were floating towards us.
“OH SNAP! WHAT ARE THESE THINGS?!” Crystal yelled.

“Jellyhuggers, from Sea Horrors! Quick! Put on a helmet, and try squishing these things with your….” Just before I finished, one of the jellyhuggers already got to Crystal, and it was just me and Rarity left. “Rarity, can you help me out?”

“I ain’t touching those sticky slimy beasts!” Rarity cried.

“You won’t. I can lure them towards me while you shut the cube off.” I explained.

“You shouldn’ve let go of it in the first place.” Rarity glared at me and said.

“Just do it!” I ordered her. “Alright, jellies! COME AT ME BROS!” Just then, a jellyhugger got thrown onto my head and I fell on the ground.

“Oh dear!” Rarity was very scared. The jellies started floating towards her. There was a swarm of them, and they were surrounding the cube. Rarity was too afraid to interfere. She tried running towards the door, but the jellies were blocking the door, blocking her escape. She would’ve tried smashing through the window, but she’s afraid that would leave a mess. Now, she knew what she had to do. So she had to run through the jellyhuggers, no matter how messy she got, and she grabbed them with her magic, and threw them away from the cube, and the cube was all slimy. She didn’t want to push that slimy button, so she hesitated. She started sweating, and she was shaking, but she had to do what she had to do. So, with a few months of struggling, she finally pushed the button, and the jellies disappeared. HA! I was kidding, it wasn’t a few months of struggling; it was actually a few minutes. Yeah, knowing Rarity, I’m surprised it didn’t take longer than that. Everypony in the room regained their senses and it was all over.

Pinkie licked the jelly off her face, and said; “Mmm! Blueberry!”

“Rarity, you did it.” Aqua said excitedly.

“Yeah! You saved our lives! Way to go, girl!” Rainbow Dash flew up to her, play-punched her shoulder and said.

“Yeah, but….. if it weren’t for me, this wouldn’ve happened.” Rarity said upsettingly.

“You sure about that, Rarity?” the pony with the robe who sold her the cube asked.

“YOU! I want a refund!” Rarity yelled at the pony, but then the pony took off its robe, and it was revealed to be me.

“Surprise revenge!” I said.

“WHAT?!” Rarity cried.

“HA! I got you good, Rarity!” I laughed and said.

“What just happened?” Rarity asked.

“I was bored today, so I decided to play a prank on everypony by giving you this corrupted cube. I was actually going to be the one to save everypony, but….. I guess I was too slow.” I chuckled.

“That wasn’t funny, Flare!” Rarity said angrily at me.

“Relax! It’s my birthday! I wanted to do something heroic today.” I said.

“By playing a prank on us?” Aqua asked.

“Whatever it takes.” I said.

“Oh…. So, if you gave me this, then I didn’t get you anything.” Rarity said sadly.

“Yes you did. You gave me something worth more valuable than anything in the world, Rarity! You shopped till you dropped! You risked your time, and couldn’t stop under any circumstances until you got me a gift for my birthday. Even though you didn’t give anything, you still showed that you care, and that’s worth more than anything I could ever imagine.” I said, smiling at her.

“Oh…. But, I still feel bad. I wanted to give you something.” Rarity said.

“I would’ve accepted ANYTHING.” I said. “As long as you care, that’s all it matters!” I gave Rarity a big hug and she hugged back.

“Happy birthday, darling!” Rarity said.

“Thanks, Rarity!” I said as I released her. After I released her, Rarity squirts some hoof sanitizer on her hooves to get the germs off. Not me though of course, the slimy cube button… or… at least that I know of.

“What are we doing just standing around and hugging? Let’s continue this party!” Pinkie cried in excitement.

So for the rest of the day, we partied it all out! It was really fun! Oh, but wait, Addie didn’t give me his present yet! “Happy birthday, Flaaaaaaaaaaaaaaare!” he said in excitement as he gave me a card.

“Oh thank you, Keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeith!” I said in excitement and I opened up the envelope. “I hope there’s money in this card!”

“Ok… yeah, that makes sense. Only worry about the money that’s in the card, not bother caring that I got you a card.” Addie said in an insulted tone.

“OOOOOH! So there IS money in here then!” I nodded as I took out the card and opened it. I didn’t bother reading the card so I threw it aside and took the bits.

“Thanks, Addie!” I said.

“No prob.” He said. “I’ll never forget the time you bought me pants for my birthday. You know how good I am at removing them. Remove pants.”

“So where’s my present?” I asked.

“That is your present. I gave you bits.” Addie said.

“This 20 bit coin is all I get?” I asked.

“Yeah, so you can buy whatever you want with it.” Addie explained.

“Yeeeeeah that seems like a good idea, Addie! You give me 20 bits and I give you 20 bits for your birthday, and then you give me 20 bits for my next birthday, and I gave you another 20 bits for your next birthday, and we keep alternating until one of us dies and is 20 bits richer than the other.” I explained sarcastically.

“Wow, ok, I didn’t have to give you anything.” Addie said.

“It was very thoughtful, thank you Addie!” I said.

“Yeah, whatever.” Addie said sarcastically. “I feel pretty insulted.”

“No, Addie! Stop! I apologize!” I begged.

“Ehh whatever. I bought myself Binding of Isaac, and I’m going to be playing it all Spring, so you won’t be seeing me for a while by then. Bye. Also, poke.” Addie said as he left the shop. Yeah that was a nice birthday present for him leaving the shop like that. Well… Happy Birthday to me! Thanks for joining my party!

Author's Note:

This chapter was mainly made because I needed to make a Rarity chapter. There's not much going on in this chapter and I apologize for that. Even the finest minds of the generation has a limit. :P

Also I wanted to give ponies other than Flare to have their own musical number, but after thinking about it, I gave Crystal and Pinkie a duet. Wouldn't be right having a party without Pinkie singing, only difference is that Crystal joined along.

Every chapter after this throughout Book 2 is going to be more adventurous, just to let you know.