• Published 18th Nov 2012
  • 1,709 Views, 63 Comments

Friendship is Epic - Book 2: Dat Mareami Heat - FlareGun45



The sequel to Friendship is Epic - Book 1. The story where the Noble Six's past return to either haunt them or help them.

  • ...
90
 63
 1,709

The Fund Fun Funfair

It was a nice cool fall day in Ponyville, and we're so very close to winter! Our story starts off at Sweet Apple Acres. AppleJack and Big McIntosh (or Macintosh, whichever you prefer) were just finishing their apple bucking before lunch time. Granny Smith rang a bell and called them in because she just finished making lunch.

"Yoo hoo! Lunch time!" Granny Smith yelled.

“Yoohoo, where?” the Kool Aid guy freaked out.

“Now, now, Kool Aid, there’s no Yoohoo here. Ah was just callin’ mah family.” Granny Smith corrected him.

“Oh good because I keep telling her, we’re just friends.” Kool Aid guy said.

"Woo wee! Ah am starvin!" AppleJack said. "Aren't ya starvin, big bro?"

"Do ah have to give the same response?" he complained. Big Mac and AJ went inside so they can have their lunch.

"Golly! What have you made today, Granny Smith?" AppleJack asked.

"Y’all will love it! It's mah world famous cabbage soup!" she said, putting bowls of cabbage soup on the table. AJ made a disgusting look on her face.

"What is this stuff?" Apple Bloom asked, grossed out.

"Cabbage soup. The cheapest of all meals, they say! That, and bread." Granny Smith said.

"Where did y’all hear that?" Apple Bloom asked.

"From a movie. Ah think it was called Barley and the Caramel Factory, ah think." Granny Smith said.

"Uhh, Granny Smith? Not to question yer cookin, but it lacks apple in here." AppleJack said.

"Sorry, puttin cakes. After the news, ah'm tryin to save on all the resources we can get." Granny Smith said sadly.

"What news?" AppleJack asked, but then Apple Bloom jumped on top of AJ.

"WHAT NEWS?!" Apple Bloom yelled. Granny Smith sighed and gave AJ a letter.

"What is this?" Apple Bloom asked.

"A letter." AppleJack said.

"Ah know that." Apple Bloom said sarcastically. "Ah mean, what's it for?" AppleJack read the letter, and then she became a bit surprised on what she just read.

"WELL SQUIRT LEMON JUICE IN MAH EYE AND CALL ME A LEMONHEAD!" AppleJack yelled. "WE'RE IN DEBT!" Big Mac spit out his cabbage soup all over Apple Bloom in shock.

Apple Bloom glared at Big Mac, and then took a towel to wipe her face. "What does in debt mean, AppleJack?" Apple Bloom asked her.

"It means we owe money to the bank. We're broke, and ah dunno how!" AppleJack said confusingly.

"We usually have a big budget of loot. How can it all be gone?" Granny Smith asked.

"Big McIntosh? Do you know anything about this?" AppleJack asked him. Big Mac suddenly had a flashback of himself with Cheerilee at the park. They were flirting and giggling.

"Close yer eyes." Big Mac instructed her.

"Oh. Got me a present, Big Mac?" Cheerilee asked in excitement. Big Mac put a diamond bracelet on her right wrist. “Do I open now?”

"Eeyup." he said. Cheerilee opened her eyes and then she gasped after she saw that bracelet on her wrist.

"Oh Mac! This is wonderful!" she said with tears of joy.

"Eeyup." Big Mac said, and then Cheerilee gave him a big hug.

"Thank you, thank you!" she cried. When the flashback ended, Big Mac gave AppleJack her answer.

"Nnnope." he lied.

"What are we gonna do, AppleJack? Winter is just two weeks away!" Apple Bloom said with worry. "How we gonna get enough money to pay off our debts?"

"Ah dunno, sugarcube." AppleJack said to her. "Ah just don't know, but we'll have to do somethin’!"

"Ehh, we gonna get thrown out to the street like a couple of bums that spend all their money on ciders." Granny Smith said sadly.

"No we aren't!" AppleJack said. "Ah'll think of a way to get us some money. Ah just have to talk it out with mah friends. Maybe they'll know what to do."

“Are you sure, dear? Do ah need to remind you of last time you asked yer friends for help with the farm?” Granny Smith asked.

A cutaway shows AppleJack being stuck between a wooden fence. “Uh, hello? Anypony? Ah need some help here!” AppleJack called out. Rainbow Dash flew down to see what the fuss was about.

“Hey AppleJack, what’s u-“ I’m sure you can guess that Dashie stopped there so she can just laugh at her.

“Yeah, ha-ha, very funny, Rainbow. Can ya me out please?” AppleJack asked.

“Of course, of course, but first…” Rainbow takes out a jar of paint and a brush, and then AppleJack starts to feel a little tingle coming from her behind. “Whoa-nelly!” Rainbow just continued laughing as she painted a picture of a face on AppleJack’s behind.

“STOP DOIN’ WHAT YER DOIN’ AND HELP ME, GOSH DARNIT!” AppleJack yelled.

“Ok, ok, calm your birds girl!” Rainbow advised her. The cutaway ends there. Yeah this is the first cutaway in this chapter. The last one with Big Mac’s flashback doesn’t count because nothing funny happened there.

So AppleJack met up with her friends Twilight, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Rarity, and Pinkie Pie over at my shop a few minutes later to discuss her problems. Why my shop out of all others though? There are other restaurants in town. Well it’s good they came to my shop, because of what’s about to happen.

"So let me get this straight, your family's in debt?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"That's terrible, AppleJack! Just tragic!" Fluttershy said.

"Ah know, girls! Ah know!" AppleJack said. "Ah mean, winter's just a couple of weeks away, and there's no way ah'll get enough money to get us through the season.”

"Don't give up, AppleJack! You can help out over at Sugarcube Corner! We'd love to have you cook one of those famous brownies for us again!" Pinkie said excitedly.

"I wouldn't do that, Pinkie. You remember what happened last time." Rainbow Dash warmed her.

"NOPE! Not a thing!" Pinkie said with a smile.

"Thanks, Pinkie, but ah don't think that's gonna be enough to get my family through the season." AppleJack said.

"AppleJack, darling, you overworry too much! I'll give you my supply of gems. No problem at all!" Rarity offered.

"No thank you, Rarity. Ya need those gems for yer dresses." AppleJack said.

"I'm sure with Spike's help, I can get more!" Rarity said.

"Thanks for yer offer, but ah'm afraid ah cannot accept that." AppleJack said.

"Maybe you can bribe ponies for money! I do it all the time and it works like a charm!" Rainbow Dash suggested.

"What? No way, Rainbow Dash! Ah ain't no briber. Besides, that's lyin’, it's against mah element." AppleJack said. "AH'M DOOMED I TELL YA! DOOMED!"

"AppleJack, the first thing you should do is calm down." Twilight advised her. AppleJack took a deep breath, and did so.

"Sorry, Twilight. Ah'm just… a bit on edge." AppleJack said.

"Like this?" Pinkie asked, standing on the edge of the table, and then she falls over and lands on one of my waitresses, Crèmepop.

"No, not like that at all." AppleJack said.

"Sorry about that, Crèmepop.” Twilight said, helping her up.

"Put that pony on a leash or something!" Crèmepop advised angrily, trying to wipe the spaghetti sauce off her apron.

"Hey, don't talk to Pinkie like that!" Rainbow yelled at her face.

"Oh yeah? What are you gonna do about it?" Crèmepop asked angrily at Rainbow's face, and they growled at eachother.

"GIRLS, please!" I yelled, breaking them up. “You’re spooking all the paying customers! The unpaying ones I don’t care for though.”

"It was an accident though. We’re sorry.” Twilight said.

"Ugh! Sorry about that." Rainbow said with an attitude. Crèmepop then stuck her tongue out at her. "WHY I OUTTA!" she yelled.

"Rainbow, calm down! Crèmey lives a tough life, I'm trying to help her. She'll learn, I promise." I said.

"I hope so." Rainbow said with an attitude, sitting back down. “What’s wrong with her anyways?”

“She just came back to civilization after a long time in Everfree. Give her time to relearn her social life.” I said.

“I don’t understand how she’d survive that long in a place like that.” Flutters said.

“Why does everypony think Everfree is so dangerous? We never had one tragic accident there EVER.” Crème said.

"Go back to work, Crèmey.” I instructed her. She took the spilled food and went back into the kitchen. "Sorry about that, sistas."

"Its okay, Flare." Twilight said.

"Wow, Flare, you were right. She does look alot like me." Fluttershy said.

"I-K-R?!” I said excitedly.

"Pardon me, Flare, but… what does that mean?" Flutters asked.

"I know right?" I said.

"I know you know; that's why I'm asking." Flutters said.

"I know; that's what it means." I said.

"Oh, sorry to be a burden, Flare." she said.

"No worries, Flutters. So what seems to be the problem?" I asked.

"AppleJack's in debt and she's afraid she'll lose her farm because she won't make enough money to make it through winter." Rarity said.

"She's not alone. I never was in snow before. It doesn't snow in Mareami and we never had Winter Wrap-Up; we just get ready for the northern birds. Listen to my Welcome to Mareami song on YouTube, you'll know what I'm saying." I said. Seriously, that video does exist.

"Ah'm gonna be bankrupt, we're gonna be sold out into the street, and ah dunno what to do." AppleJack said.

"There, there, AppleJack." Twilight said, trying to help her feel better. "Worrying about it will just make it worse. I'm sure we'll think of something."

"Well, you can try bribing." I suggested.

"No way!" AppleJack said.

"I already suggested that." Rainbow Dash said to me.

"Ooo, ooo, ooo! I KNOW! I KNOW! I KNOW!" Pinkie cried.

"What is it?" Rarity asked.

"One time, when I was little, I went to a festival and I won the pie eating contest! Isn't that great? I love festivals! Festivals are fun!" Pinkie cried in excitement.

Just then, Rarity said confusingly, "But, Pinkie dear, what does that gotta do with...."

"Wait a second, Rare." I interrupted her. "I think Pink's maybe on to something."

"On what?" Rarity asked.

"On the table! Duh!" Pinkie said, standing on the edge of the table again, then lost her balance and fell on Crème again. Creme growled at her and Pinkie gave her an embarrassing smile and a squee.

"The festival idea!" I said. "That's it! A Summer Festival!"

"A summer?" Twilight asked. "But we're at the end of fa..."

"FALL FESTIVAL!" I yelled. "I said it first!"

"Ooooook." Twilight said.

"Ah dunno how a Fall Festival is gonna help mah family and our farm." AppleJack said.

"Actually, AppleJack, that's a very good idea!" Twilight said.

"See, Jackie? Light agrees with me, don't you Light?" I asked.

"I agree that you come up with weird nicknames, dear." Rarity said to me.

"Then it's settled! We'll make a Fall Festival and the money we make at the festival will all go to AppleJack and her family!" I suggested.

"Aw, Flare, ya'll don't have to do that." AppleJack said with a smile.

"Oh it's no big deal! I’ve always wanted to host something big like a festival. Besides, without Sweet Apple Acres, who’s gonna supply me the apples for my apple-crisp pizzas?” I ASKED.

"But wouldn't the festival cost money?" Rainbow asked.

"Not if the town pays for it." I said.

"That's still costing money." Rainbow corrected me.

"I'll talk to our boring, non-funny, too serious mayor about the festival. I have no doubt she'll agree with me." I said.

"Hey, our mayor is not non-funny or too-serious!" Pinkie corrected me.

"Yeah she is." I corrected her. Pinkie was silent for a moment.

"Yeah you're right." Pinkie said upsettingly. So I went over to town hall to talk to the mayor about this Fall Festival idea; it took some silly talking, but eventually she agreed on doing it. She called in a town meeting to discuss it. Derpy flew around town, throwing down flyers of the Fall Festival.

"Town meeting! Town meeting this afternoon at 3! Fall Festival! Town meeting this afternoon at 3! Fall Festival!" Derpy called out. "Town meeting! This afternoon at...." She then she crashed into a tree.

"George, George, George of the jungle!" Crystal Iceblast sang. So later that day, all the ponies gathered around the town square to hear the news of the festival.

"You sure this festival thing is gonna work, Twilight?" AppleJack asked her.

"Absolutely! Has Flare ever failed us before?" Twilight asked.

"Now that ya mention it." Aqua said.

"Fillies and gentlecolts! Citizens of Ponyville!" the mayor began. "I have some great news about a new event and fundraiser that's gonna take place in our very town next week. You know what it is?"

"Yeah, it's a Fall Festival! The flyers all say that!" Engineer called out sarcastically.

"Yes, it's a Fall Festival!" the mayor said. "But it's not an ordinary fall festival! I will like to bring out our Festival's Directior, Crimson Flare Gun, to explain what's planned!" Everypony cheered as I walked up onto the stand with the microphone for my speech.

"Sup brahs and sistas?" I started. "The name is Flare Gun!"

"Yeah, the mayor told us already!" Engie called out.

"Thanks, Engineer." I said. "Now then, I would...."

"YOUR WELCOME!" Engie called out. I was silent for a sec.

"Anyways." I continued. "I'll be hosting a Fall Festival, and...."

"STOP SAYIN THE OBVIOUS!" Engie called out.

"QUIT SHOUTING!" I shouted back.

"OW! That's a microphone yer yellin in, we can hear ya loud and clear!" Engie yelled.

"Engie, please." Aqua whispered as she elbowed him.

"Thank you, Aqua." I said. "Anyways..."

"WHY DOES AQUA HAVE TO GET ALL THE CREDIT?!" Engie yelled out.

"Alright, let's get him outta here." I said. "Now, I have lots of friends in Ponyville. A few of them went to my shop earlier today. One of them, you may know her, is AppleJack. Granddaughter of Grandma Smith, who founded Sweet Apple Arces!"

"DARN TOOTIN!" Granny Smith yelled. "This Grandma Smith sure sounds like an interesting pony!" Just then everypony laughed. "Why is everypony laugin?"

"At you! Yer Grandma Smith!" Apple Bloom reminded her.

"Um, ah'm Granny Smith, not Grandma Smith, there's a difference, pumpkin." Granny Smith corrected her as she patted her on the head.

"The Apple family is in debt right now, and we need your help to save them! Without Sweet Apple Acres, we'll be appleless." I said. "But, I came up with the brilliant plan...."

"Umm, I came up with the plan, Flare!" Pinkie corrected me and laughed.

"Right, Pinkie came up with the plan to start up a Fall Festival, and help the Apples get the money they need to survive through winter." I said. "We got alot of plans! So all this week, me and the help of the citizens of Ponyville, and certain ponies from outside the town, we can make this event the best outta them all! You'll see! YOU'LL ALL SEE!" then I started laughing evilly as lightning struck in the background. I stopped after I heard the lightning. "Whoa! How did that happen?" Rainbow Dash was behind me with a dark cloud and she chuckled.

“So if you have any donations ahead of time, or have any game or ride ideas, feel free to visit my shop! I have a donation box ready to go and a suggestion box." I said. "But don't get confused with the employee suggestion box." Over at my shop, my employee, Lyra was putting in a suggestion in the Fair Suggestion box, but wasn't aware of it, and my friend Mynx did the same for the employee suggestion box. Back at town square, I yelled, "So without further ado- heh do… let the Festival set up... GET TO THE DARK SIDE OF THE FORCE..... and begin!" The pony folk cheered. And so at this point, the set-up of the Fall Festival has begun. I was in my shop, setting up a certain game I've been wanting to play for years! Blaze and Rainbow Dash came into my shop to see how I was doing.

"Hey Flare!" Blaze and Rainbow said.

"Hey Rainbow! Hey Blaz Moldfart, LAWL!" I teased.

"Blaz Moldfart? Really?" Blaze asked feeling annoyed; Rainbow was chucking, and then eventually started laughing really hard. "You think this is funny, Dashie?"

"Funny? This is hilarious!" Rainbow yelled, and laughed again. "Blaz Moldfart! CLASSIC!"

"I knew she'd like it!" I said.

"Hey what's that you're making?" Blaze asked, looking at my wheel with faces of some of the pony folk in town.

"This? Oh this is a game I'm setting up for the fair!" I said. "It shows the faces of me, you, Rainbow, Twilight, Spike, Fluttershy, AppleJack, Pinkie, Rarity, Crystal, Engineer, Psyche, Aqua, Adventure Blade, Zecora, Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo, Crèmepop, and even the princesses Luna and Celestia!"

"So this is a game about our closings, right?" Blaze asked.

"Yeah! Remember those dares I asked you about yesterday?" I asked.

"Yeah." Blaze nodded.

"Well this is the ultimate daring game: I TRIPLE DOG DARE YOU!" I said.

"Whoa! This is so awesome!" Rainbow said.

"You may say that now, but wait until you start playing." I said. "Wanna give it a try, Blaze?"

"Oh, no, I couldn't. But thanks!" Blaze said.

"Aw c'mon, Blaze! You can do it!" I said.

"No, thanks, I don't want to." Blaze said.

"Aww, you a chicken, brah? Hmm? You a chicken?" I teased in a squeaky voice.

"I'm not a chicken! I just don't wanna do it!" Blaze said.

"Yeah you are, Blaze! You're totally a chicken!" Rainbow teased.

"Aw c'mon Rainbow, you taking his side?" Blaze asked.

"C'mon, Blaze! What harm can it do?" Rainbow asked.

"Unless you're chicken?" I teased.

"Shut up, man!" Blaze said to me.

"WAAAH WAAAAH! CHICKEN! WAAAAH WAAAAH!" I teased.

"That's not chicken, that's baby." Blaze corrected me.

"I'll kiss Flare if you don't do it." Rainbow said mischievously at Blaze.

"WHAT?! Don't you dare!" Blaze yelled.

"TRY ME!" Rainbow said to him with an evil smile. Blaze started sweating and got really nervous; she started getting close to me.

"Wow you're serious. Alright I'll do it." Blaze said.

"I TRIPLE DOG DARE YOU!" I yelled, then I spun the wheel and it landed on Fluttershy.

"Fluttershy, huh? Not bad. Give me your worst!" Blaze said.

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"It's Fluttershy! What worse can it do?" Blaze asked.

"Okee dokee." I said, and then I read her card as Blaze just bravely stood there, ready for anything. "Give Angel a bath."

"No problem!" he said. "I can handle that!"

"Are you sure you can handle that?" I asked.

"Angel's only a bunny. What worse can he do?" Blaze asked.

"Then go ahead to her hous, and take the dare!" I said.

"Will do!" Blaze said as he then he flew out of my shop. Rainbow and I both chuckled.

"You weren't really gonna kiss me, were you?" I asked Rainbow.

"What? No way!" Rainbow said.

"I figured. I wouldn't mind though." I said.

"Yeah, me neither." Rainbow said. "Although, if you beat Blaze and I in a race, I'd totally kiss you.

"That can be arranged." I said mischievously. So Blaze went over to Fluttershy's house to take the dare. He knocked on Fluttershy’s door and once she answered, he explained why he was there.

"Oh, a-are you sure you can handle this dare, Blaze?" Fluttershy asked nervously.

"Relax, Fluttershy! I'm Blaz Moldfart, I can handle anything!" he said bravely. "Wait... what did I say?"

"Well... okay." Fluttershy said as she then called for Angel. Angel hopped towards Flutters and she picked him up. "I hope you know what you're doing, Blaze."

"Just gimmie the bunny." Blaze instructed her.

"Oh, okay." she said, giving Angel to Blaze.

"Heya, Angel! Let's have a little fun! It's called bathtime!" Blaze said to him. Just then Angel gasped. So Blaze started bathing Angel, but... you don't wanna know about all that went on in there. Meanwhile, I was at another festival booth, setting it up. Psyche was walking by drinking a slushy.

"What's going on, Flare?" Psyche asked.

"All the light switches around the world!" I said.

"Uh huh." Psyche said. "What's this booth for?"

"It's for the 'Throw the bottle to the pile of balls’ game." I said.

"You mean ‘throw the ball into a pile of bottles’ game?" Psyche asked.

"No, I mean the Throw the bottle to the pile of balls game!" I corrected him.

"I... I don't understand." Psyche said confusingly.

"Exactly. You're not suppose to." I said as I threw a bottle at his head.

"Ow! What was that for?" Psyche asked angrily.

"Don't blame me, blame Aqua." I said.

"Aqua? I saw you throw that bottle at me!" Psyche said.

"Or that's what whoever threw the bottle at you wants you to think." I said.

"Yeah, I know that's not true." Psyche said.

"Here, I'll get you a slushy." I said, as I then picked up the slushy he dropped on the ground and gave it to him. "Here."

"Oh, umm... thanks." he said.

"No prob, buddy!" I said.

"Why do I even bother?" Psyche asked himself. Time went on and on, and more and more was getting done for the Fall Festival. Rarity walks over to the stage that was just built.

“Oooo!” she said. She walks over to the ‘Ponyville Idol’ signup spot and she smiles wide. “AN IDOL SHOW?! Sweet Celestia, I have to sign up for this!” Rarity takes a pen using her magic and was just about to sign it, but I stopped her.

“And what do you think you’re doing, Rarity?” I asked, smiling at her.

“What do you think? I’m signing up for this fabulous singing contest! It’s a good way for me to shine.” Rarity said as she waved her mane.

“Sorry, sista. I forbid you for singing up.” I said.

“Excuse me?” Rarity asked confusingly.

“You heard me. I’m forbidding you for signing yourself up for the contest.” I said

“B-but…. But, Flare!?” Rarity whined.

”Yes, Rare?” I asked.

“You know how much I adore talent shows! Why are you forbidding me to sing?” she asked.

”Because, I’m already making you one of the judges, duh!” I said.

“Wait, a judge?” Rarity asked.

”Do I have to repeat myself?” I asked.

”EEEEEEEEEEE!” Rarity squeaked, but then she calmed herself down right away and cleared her throat. “That won’t be necessary, Flare. I’d be honored to be a judge on Ponyville Idol.”

“Good! We’ll get started Saturday night. Meet me here at 6 PM Saturday and I’ll tell ya what you need to do.” I said.

“No need, Flare. I know how the judges on Equestrian Idol are. I’m sure there won’t be a problem for Ponyville Idol!” Rarity said.

“To be a huge jerk right?” I asked.

“Of course!” Rarity said as she then trotted away, but when she was out of range from me, she started squeaking again, skipping around, and smiling real hard. “I’M GONNA BE JUDGE ON PONYVILLE IDOL! EEEEEEEEEEEEE!” Rarity yelled back stage; Derpy, Golden Harvest, and Octavia all looked at her confusingly because they were back there. Rarity just gave them an embarrassing smile and ran away. Meanwhile, Engie was on break. He sat down on a park bench and took out a Twinkie. I have a message for you humans: OUR TWINKIE FACTORIES ARE STILL IN BUSINESS! So ha ha ha! Engie looked around to see if anypony was around and he was just about to eat it, but then he saw Crystal right beside him, and he just glared at her. Crystal then laid on the ground and held on to her hind legs.

”Hey, Engie?” she said.

”WHAT DO YOU WANT, CRYSTAL?!” Engie asked her weirdly.

“I look like a hushpuppy!” Crystal said. Engie just glared at her. “Hey!” Engie twitches. “Hey, Engie? You know sometimes I like to curve up in a big ball, and pretend I’m hushpuppy!”

“AH’M ENJOYIN A TREAT, CRYSTAL!” Engie yelled.

“Hey Engie? Whatcha doing?” Crystal asked.

”CRYSTAL!” Engie yelled.

Crystal then was just laying on the ground with her face down. Engie then lifted the treat up to his mouth slowly, but just before he ate it, Crystal interrupted him again. “WAIT, Engie! Hey!”

”CRYSTAL!” Engie yelled.

”Hey!” Crystal said inside a pile of hay.

“AH’M ENJOYIN A TREAT, CRYSTAL!” Engie yelled.

”C-can you share?” Crystal asked. Engie just growls and takes a bite out of his twinke. Crystal lies on the ground straight and says, “Hey Engie? Don’t I look like a big carrot?”

“CRYSTAL?!” Engie yelled.

Crystal holds onto her legs again and says, “Hey…. Engie?”

“CRYSTAL!” Engie yelled.

“Don’t I look like a big pea?” Crystal asked.

“NOT RIGHT NOW CRYSTAL!” Engie yelled.

“What are you guys doing?” Derpy asked. Then Engie takes a water gun and squirts her. “AAAH! WATER! I’m melting, melting! Oh what a world, what a world!” Derpy cries out and falls on the ground slowly.

“Hey Engie?” Crystal asked.

“CRYSTAL!” Engie yelled. “NOT RIGHT NOW, CRYSTAL! CRYSTAL!” Engie gets up and starts limping away. “CRYSTAL! AH’M ENJOYIN’ A TREAT CRYSTAL!”

“Fine!” Crystal said angrily, she then she gets up and starts hopping away, but then she knocks into a trash can.

“CRYSTAL! CRYSTAL! AH’M ENJOYIN A TREAT, CRYSTAL!” Engie yelled from the distance. Derpy rolls on the ground, still crying out and pretending she’s melting. Over at my pizza shop, I kept donation jar on the counter, wanting donations for the Festival.

“Come one, come all! We need donations for the Fall Festival, so we can use the festival to donate for Sweet Apple Acres!” I yelled out. “Don’t worry, I’m not stealing this money so I can buy myself a bee-bee gun!”

“What’s up, Flare?” my sister Water asked.

“KEEP AWAY FROM THE MONEY!” I yelled as I shot her in the shoulder with a bee-bee gun.

“OW!” Water yelled. “YOU JUST SHOT ME! You shot your own sister! How could you?!”

“It was self-defense.” I said.

“I WASN’T EVEN ATTACKING YOU, YOU JERK!” Water yelled.

“You were about to steal the money, I don’t trust you.” I said.

“WELL FLARE… you’re… you’re too good.” Water said.

“Too GREAT to be more exact.” I said.

“A Fall Festival sounds really fun!” my friend Rainer Hooftscastle said.

“Will there be a petting zoo?” his son Regen Hooftscastle asked.
“Of course, my little friend!” I said, rubbing his mane. “My friend Fluttershy is going to take control of that!”

”Sounds like fun!” Regen said excitedly.

“Who cares how it sounds like? Will it be fun is the question, like to-be or not to-be.” I said.

“Well, we’ll like to donate.” Rainer said.

“Excellent! But just drop the money in; don’t put your hoof inside.” I instructed him as I loaded my bee-bee gun.

Later, it was dusk outside, and Crèmepop was giving out the jobs of who’s going to be volunteering at the Festival.

“There you go! There you go! There you go!” Crème said as she continued giving out flyers.

“I’m doing an air show with the Wonderbolts? AWESOME!” Rainbow Dash yelled in excitement; just then Blaze walks over to her, all scratched up. “What happened to you, Blaze?”

“It turns out Angel is a fussy little bunny.” Blaze said.

”Flare’s dare game too much for you?” Rainbow asked.

“HAY NO! I’m going to do better than anypony else in the dare game! I’m going to win that prize!” Blaze said.

”Wait, what prize?” Rainbow asked.

“The one that does the most dares gets an awesome prize, Flare says.” Blaze said.

“Oh? Well good luck to you, Blaze!” Rainbow nods.

“I won’t need it, babe.” Blaze said mischievously.

“Well Rarity, it turns out we’re judging Ponyville Idol together!” Spike said to her.

“That’s wonderful, Spike! I hope you can handle it.” Rarity said.

“Duh! I can handle anything!” Spike said.

Rarity giggles. “I know you can, dear! I know you can.” Spike blushes.

“Uhh, Twilight? You think I can handle this petting zoo thing?” Fluttershy asks her.

“Of course you can, Fluttershy! You’re great with animals! You were made for this job! It’s your destiny!” Twilight said.

“B-but, I didn’t know the petting zoo included a lion, or a tiger, or a bear.” Fluttershy said.

“Oh my!” Twilight said in shock.

“Oh my is right!” Fluttershy said.

“But I thought those types of animals wouldn’t bother you?” Twilight asked.

“It’s not that those animals are dangerous I’m afraid of, they’re easy to tame. They’re just a lot of hard work in getting them to behave.” Flutters said.

”Well, Flare says if you have a complaint, you should talk to him about it.” Twilight said.

“B-but, I wouldn’t want to disappoint him. I’m sure if Flare thinks I can do this, then I wouldn’t want to let him down.” Fluttershy said with a smile.

“Umm, I hope you’re sure about this.” Twilight said, feeling worried for her.

“Don’t worry, Twilight! I better get to work then.” Fluttershy said as she then flies away. Twilight thinks to herself for a sec about if Fluttershy is okay with this.

“Hey, Flare?” AppleJack asks me.

“Sup, Jackie?” I asked.

”Ah just wanted to say thanks for all yer doin for mah family. But ya don’t need to do this.” AppleJack said.

“But your life is in jeopardy, baby!” I said. I then sang, “Ooooo ooo ooo oooooooo!”

“Ah know, but ya could think of somethin’ smaller?” AppleJack asked.

”Well, the only other thing would be to win the lotto, but what are the chances for that?” I asked.

“Good point. Thank ya again, Flare!” AppleJack said, hugging me.

“Hey, no need to thank me yet. Let’s see if we get all those donations.” I said.

“Ah hope so. Maybe we can have enough to replace that old roof, or replace Big Mac’s old plow, or replace Granny Smith’s old hip!” AppleJack said.

“Or replace that old kitchen!” I suggested.

“But Flare, we did that already.” AppleJack corrected me.

“Oh, how about replacing that old swimming pool?” I asked.

“We don’t have a swimmin’ pool.” AppleJack corrected me.

“Not your swimming pool, the town’s pool!” I said.

“But that pool looks fine.” AppleJack said.

“I know, but I wanted to make room for a water slide.” I said. “Oh, and B-T-W, why do you need to replace that old barn? I mean, how many times did that barn get destroyed and you had to rebuild it? I mean the barn was already replaced many times after parasprites ate it, after Rainbow Dash destroyed it, Pinkie ruined the rebuilding of it, Discord flooded it, Twilight turned it to life after a spell going horribly wrong, your family destroyed it after the cart ride during your family reunion, Engineer’s friend Pyro lit on fire after that little accident at his family reunion, Pac-Man ate it after I created him when I had the Alicorn Amulet, Trixie grew a giant orange in it after she had the Alicorn Amulet, a group of monkeys tore it apart after Fluttershy opened that school for apes, the Cutie Mark Crusaders repainted it purple while trying to get their painting cutie marks, Crystal repainted it green at the time she was color-blind, Derpy repainted it red during the time you wanted the barn to be a different color and then Derpy accidentally destroyed the roof, Queen Chrysalis used the barn as a nesting ground when the Changeling kingdom was under attack by Fluffle-ponies and she used it again when the Pac-Man I created was attacking her hive, Psyche destroyed it just by being born, and Aqua…..”

“Alright, alright, ah get it, Flare!” AppleJack complained.

The next day, it was Saturday! Day One: It was time for the grand opening ceremony of the Fall Festival! Everypony in town was gathered outside town hall for the cutting of the ribbon. “Fillies and gentlecolts, we are gathered here today for the grand opening ceremony of the first ever, Ponyville Fall Festival!” the mayor said. Everypony cheered. “I hope we all have lots of fun! This Festival is really important! The Apple family in Sweet Apple Acres are in bank dept right now and we need to help our main food source of our town to pay that debt, and be able to keep the farm, and be able to survive through winter! Now, our host of the Fall Festival: Flare Gun of Flare’s Pizza Parlor, would like to say a few words.”

I walk up to the stage and discussed my speech for the ponies in Ponyville. “Brahs and sistas, I have a few words to say before we get started…… HAVE FUN! This Festival is now opened! ACTIVATE! AC-ACTIVATE!” I yell out, pushing a button on the remote I’m holding, and all the festival stands light up and activate. Everypony cheers out and goes around to the festival and starts playing games. Everypony has been having a great time with all the games; we have at the fair, including a balloon popping game, an RC race game, and even a shoot-the-target game. Ponies even go see Madam Pinkie at her booth to discuss their futures.

“Hello, and welcome to the booth of Madam Pinkie!” Pinkie says, talking all psychic.

“Madam Pinkie, I need your help.” My friend Mynx says.

”Ah yes, Mr. Mynx! I can see your future now! I see….. I see you at the market, at a tomato stand.” Pinkie says looking in her crystal ball. “I see you…. Waiting in line…. You are having a fight with another costumer for the last grape tomato!”

”Oh jeez!” Mynx says. “But what about my relationship?”

“Your relationship?” Pinkie asked.

”Yes, my relationship with my special somepony, whose name is Spark Note, and her parents don’t seem to like me that much. Will this affect my relationship with her Madam Pinkie?” Mynx asked.

“I see…. I see you, and Spark, breaking…..”

Mynx gasped. “NOOOOOOOOO!” he yelled. “I don’t want to break up with her! I love her too much! She’s so pretty, and funny, and….”

“Uhh, who said anything about breaking up you silly goose?” Pinkie asks and giggles.

“What?” Mynx asks confusingly.

“I was going to say you were going to break her….”

”HEART?! NO! NEVER!” Mynx yelled.

“…. Her favorite drinking glass. Gosh, you over react too much!” Pinkie says and giggles.

“Oh…. Well then….. thank you Madam Pinkie!” Mynx said, feeling relieved.

“Oh, and you’re going to make her cry.” Pinkie added, and then Mynx started screaming.

“C’mon, Thundy!” Crystal said holding Black Thunder’s hoof running inside the hall of mirrors.

“Alright, Crystal! Alright! Sheesh!” Thunder said. They both ran inside the Hall of Mirrors. Thunder looks through a mirror that makes him look really fat.

“Whoa! I really need to lay off the brownies!” Thunder commented.

“No silly! You’re fine! It’s just the mystery of the mirror!” Crystal pointed uot. “Like, look at this one! It makes you look really skinny!” Crystal pulls Thunder in front of a mirror that makes him look skinny.

“Wow! It looks like I’m a walking stick!” Thunder said.

“Hey, Thundy, check this out!” Crystal heads over to a mirror that makes her look like she has a big head and big eyes. “Greetings, Earthlings! We come in peace!” Crystal said speaking like an alien. “We are from France.” Thunder and Crystal both laugh. “Hey look at this mirror! It makes me look like I’m a puppet; and this one makes me look like a piece of broccoli, and this makes me look like a human from Canterlot High, and this one is so mysterious that it doesn’t even show me looking any different! That’s the mystery of the mirror, Thundy!”

“Oh snap.” Thunder said.

“Indeed.” Crystal nodded.

“Step right up, everypony! Use this hammer to whack this thing right here, make the thing ring the bell, and win a stuffed elephant!” a pony by the name of Nightshade said, hosting the ring a bell game. “How about you, little filly? You want to try it?”

“I can handle anything!” Rainbow’s little sister Candy Cotton says as she takes the hammer.

“Now careful, it might be a little hard for you.” Nightshade said.

“Shut up! I said I can handle anything!” Candy yelled at him.

“Alright, alright. I’m just saying if you need any help- GAAAH!” Nightshade yelled after Candy slammed the hammer right onto Note’s hoof.

“SHUT UP! I’m trying to concentrate!” Candy yelled at him.

“That really hurt!” Nightshade yelled. Candy lifts the hammer and bangs real hard on the thing, and the little thing goes up and hits the bell. DING!

“HA! IN YOUR FACES!” Candy taunted at everypony. “I AM AWESOME!”

“Woo! That’s my sister! AWESOME! 20% COOLNESS!” Rainbow cheered at her, giving her a hoof-bump.

“What? A filly can do it? I bet you 20 bits I could ring that bell the first try!” Nightshade said.

“I’ll take that bet.” His friend (and my Facebook poking buddy) Adventure Blade said.

“You’re on!” Nightshade said giving him a hoof-bump. Nightshade takes the hammer, smashes on the thing, and the thing goes up but doesn’t ring the bell. “WHAT THE HAY?!”

“HA! You suck!” Candy taunted at him.

“I agree with the filly.” Adventure Blade said mischievously at Nightshade with his hoof out.

“Shut up, Addie!” Nightshade said angrily, paying him the 20 bits.

“Wanna bet again?” Adventure Blade asked.

“YOU’RE ON!” Nightshade said, hoof-bumping him.

Candy and Rainbow both laughed. “You know what, sis? Flare is right. You are gaining weight.” Candy said, poking at her stomach.

”But I haven’t even eaten any junk food in weeks!” Rainbow said.

“Fillies and gentlecolts….. this is Ponyville Idol!” Ryan Seacrest said, hosting the show. “We have our three judges: Rarity, Spike the dragon, and Princess Luna! So let’s get this party started!” The American Idol theme song plays in the background. Ryan walked over to me and said upsettingly, “Don’t make me say ‘let’s get this party started’ again, alright? Let me do my own thing.”

“Fine; thanks for guest starring.” I said.

“Isn’t this exciting? WE’RE JUDGES OF PONYVILLE IDOL! EEEEEEE!” Rarity squeed.

“Indeed.” Luna said.

“Hey, I’m just here cause she’s here.” Spike whispered to Luna, pointing at Rarity.

“Our first contestant: Diamond Tiara!” Rarity said. Diamond Tiara comes on stage and starts singing Rich Girl by Gwen Stefani. Then the judges started judging. “Yeah I heard better singing from a pig!” Rarity teased. “Oh wait, she is a pig!” Rarity started laughing.

“HA! I second that!” Spike said, laughing along.

“How rude!” Luna said.

“Curse you all! I’m going to be at the top one day! I’m auditioning for Equestrian Idol, and I’m going to win that! I’LL SHOW YOU ALL!” Diamond Tiara yelled. “YOU HERE ME! I’LL SHOW YOU ALL!”

“Security?” Rarity said facehoofing yourself.

“I’LL BE THE BEST SINGING SENSTATION YOU’VE EVER SEEN! YOU’LL SEE!” Diamond yelled until she was taken off stage by a couple of security guards. “YOU’LL ALL SEE!”

“Nopony likes a soar loser.” Rarity said and laughed, and Spike laughed along, and Luna just sat there and sighed.

“Hello, and welcome to the booth of Madam Pinkie!” Pinkie said back at her booth.

“Yeah, I was just wondering….. am I ever going to find a special somepony?” Psyche asked.

“Of course you are silly!” Pinkie said. “You just have to put your heart into it!”

“I know that, I was just wondering if you knew.” Psyche said.

“Of course I do! I’m Madam Pinkie!” she said.

“I’m here to steal your job.” Psyche said.

Pinkie laughed. “Psyche you’re so silly!” she said and then pulled a lever which ejected Psyche out of the tent. “Thank you for coming to see Madam Pinkie!” Meanwhile with Fluttershy, she was gathering the wild animals in the petting zoo, and Twilight was hiding behind a bush, watching over to see if she was safe. “There you go my friends! I hope you feel comfortable!” Fluttershy said, smiling at them. One of the tigers then roars real loud at her face. Twilight then springs into action. She uses magic to get some rope, and uses it to tie up the tiger’s mouth. Then Twilight tackles the tiger and she stands on top of it.

”Don’t worry, Fluttershy. You’re safe!” Twilight said.

“But Twilight, that poor tiger just stepped on a thorn.” Fluttershy said, showing her the thorn on the tiger’s paw.

“Oh…. I see.” Twilight said, removing the rope from the tiger’s mouth. “Sorry about that.” The tiger then roars at Twilight.

“Uh, no no!” Fluttershy said, rubbing the tiger’s back. “Twilight was mistaken. Don’t be mad at her. I promise she won’t do it again. Right, Twilight?”

”Of course I do.” Twilight said. The tiger then smiles and relaxes while Fluttershy rubs his back.

“Thank you for trying to protect me though, Twilight!” Flutters said with a smile.

“You’re welcome, Fluttershy! If you need me at all, I’ll be around!” Twilight said, trotting away, but then she hops back into the bushes and continues to keep watch over her.

Meanwhile back at Ponyville Idol, “Our next contestant is none other than the local moron: Snails!” Rarity said.

Snails came on stage and said, “Hello judges! Do you know which way the bathroom is?”

“Uhh, it’s right over there.” Luna said, pointing right.

“Thanks!” Snails says and runs off stage.

Meanwhile back with Thunder and Crystal, “Oh Thundy, look! The Tunnel of Love!” Crystal said as she held onto one of Thunder’s hooves.

”Well, what are we doing standing around? Let’s go in!” Thunder suggested. Crystal laughed as she pulled Thunder on the ride.

“Please keep your hooves, head, and wings inside the vehicle at all times.” Spark Note said, operating the ride.

“Thanks!” Crystal said. The ride started, and they rode inside the tunnel. Thunder yawned, and put his hoof around Crystal, but then Crystal screamed. “AAAH! SNAKE! SNAKE ON MY SHOULDER!” Crystal slaps Thunder’s hoof away and he lets go of her.

“Isn’t this place romantic, Crystal?” Thunder asked, with a seductive look on his eyes.

“It would, if I knew what that word meant.” Crystal said smiling. Thunder leans on the side of the cart, but then he had an idea. He put some fresh spray in his mouth and leaned over and tried to kiss Crystal, but then it turns out he was kissing a plush spider. Thunder screamed once he saw it. “You like it, Thundy? I won it at the ‘throw the bottle at the ball’ game.”

“You mean the ‘throw the ball in the bottle’ game?” Thunder asked correcting her.

“No I mean the ‘throw the bottle at the ball’ game!” Crystal said and squeed. Thunder just laughed along with her. Meanwhile, over at the arcade tent, Snips and Truffle Shuffle were versing eachother at the wrestling game.

“Take that, Snips!” Truffle Shuffle taunted

“Ha, in your dreams! Watch this!” Snips said. “Wait, what?”

“Yay! I win!” Truffle Shuffle cheered.

“Hey no fair! You cheated!” Snips complained.

”No I didn’t.” Truffle Shuffle corrected him.

“Yes you did!”

”No I didn’t!

”Yes you did!”

”No I didn’t!”

“Yes you did- INFINITY!” Snips yelled.

“No I didn’t- infinity plus one.” Truffle Shuffle said smirking at him.

“Yes I did- infinity plus infinity! HA!” Snips taunted.

“Don’t be ridiculous. That’s no such number.” Truffle Shuffle corrected him. “I don’t understand though. I thought arcade games bring in chicks?”

“No, I said you win chicks at this game. Little toy chicks at the prize counter.” Snips corrected him.. “The only game you can win the chicks as in fillies is the dancing game.” All the fillies were over at the dancing game, rooting for Featherweight who was a dancing machine in that game! Over at the Ponyville Idol contest, Silver Spoon was singing Fillies Just Wanna Have Fun on stage.

“Fancy singing, Silver Spoon! You’re in!” Rarity said.

“I second that!” Spike said.

“Sure, why not?” Luna said.

“I’m in? YAY! Diamond Tiara did you hear that?!” Silver Spoon cried out happily. Diamond Tiara’s jaw just dropped on the ground in shock.

“You are kidding me! I don’t get in, but Silver Spoon is? THAT IS SO NOT FAIR! WE DO EVERYTHING TOGETHER!” Diamond complained.

“Sorry, Diamond. You just weren’t good enough.” Luna said.

“THAT’S NOT FAIR!” Diamond cried out like a spoiled brat.

“But, I thought you’d be happy for me?” Silver Spoon asked upsettingly.

“But how can you do this to me? We were supposed to go to the top together!” Diamond whined.

“I’m sorry, Diamond.” Silver said.

“Drop out of the contest!” Diamond ordered her.

“What? No way! This is my time to shine!” Silver said. “The only time I ever sing is when I sing for Pinkie Pie.”

“Drop out, or we’re not friends anymore!” Diamond said angrily.

“C’mon, Diamond, don’t be like that!” Silver said.

“I guess I have my answer.” Diamond said angrily and walked away.

“FINE THEN! Who needs you anyway? I was using you to be popular anyway!” Silver yelled at her and slammed her microphone on the ground and marched away.

“Wow, what a drama queen!” Rarity said, rolling her eyes. Just then, Luna and Spike both looked at her weirdly. “Oh don’t give me that look, I haven’t cried in days.” And so, first day of the Fall Festival finally ended. I was just closing up my shop and began to walk home. AppleJack happened to be there and she ran to me.

“Howdy, Flare!” she said.

“Huh? Oh hey, AppleJack.” I said, sounding tired.

”Woo! What a day, huh sugarcube?” she asked.

“Y-yeah, sure.” I said.

“Ah have to give ya some credit, partner! This Fall Festival idea was a darn-tootin idea!” she said.

“Uh huh.” I said, sounding more and more tired.

“Uhh, ya alright sugarcube?” AppleJack asked me, sounding concerned.

“Y-yeah, I’m….. fine.” I yawned.

”Y’all don’t look fine. Ya look tiresome.” AppleJack said, feeling my head. “Wow, it feels like yer burnin’ up with a fever.”

“I’m fine, AppleJack. I just wanna go home!” I said to her rudely.

“Whoa! Sorry!” she said.

I sighed. “Sigh… it’s alright, AppleJack. It was a long day. I need to get some sleep. At least we got you up to 1,050 bits!” I said.

“That’s great! Maybe ah can get Granny Smith that surgery she needed.” AppleJack said.

“No, no! Nopony touches the money!” I said.

“Beg yer pardon? But that money’s for us.” AppleJack reminded me.

“I know, but you can’t collect the money until after the festival. Sorry.” I said.

“It’s not a problem, Flare. Have a good night!” she said.

“You too, sista!” I said as I limped on home. Day Two of the Festival has arrived. I got up really early that morning so I can get things started. Everypony came at the Festival at 6:30 that morning and started playing more games!

“Hello, and welcome to the tent of Madam Pinkie!” Pinkie said.

”Hello, Madam Pinkie! May I ask you a question?” Crystal asked her.

“Sure!” Pinkie said.

“Great, thank you!” Crystal said and walked out and then Thunder came in.

”Welcome to the tent of Madam Pinkie!” Pinkie said.

“Is the spark between me and Crystal going to stay forever?” Thunder asked.

“Of course not silly! That would be too shocking for you!” Pinkie said.

“Oh….. I see.” Thunder said sadly. “Well…. Thank you.” He sadly walks out of the tent.

“What did I say?” Pinkie asked herself. “I just said that spark won’t stay between him and Crystal. If that spark was there, they’d both be electrocuted! Duh!”

Meanwhile over at the dare wheel, “Time for another session of: I TRIPLE DOG DARE YOU!” I said as I spun the wheel, and it lands on Rarity’s. “Blaze Goldheart, your dare, is to bathe Rarity’s cat Opal!”

“You kidding me right?” Blaze asked, facehoofing himself.

”Wow! What were the odds?” Rainbow said and laughed.

“Do it, Blaze!” I instructed him. “Or do you think you can’t handle it?”

“Are you kidding, brah? I can handle anything! You’ll see!” Blaze said as he flew over to Rarity’s place to bathe her cat.

“I sure feel sorry for him; he won’t stop.” Rainbow said.

“Hey, this is his choice, Rainbow. If he wants to keep doing the dares, he’s only hurting himself.” I said.

Rainbow laughed. “Yep!”

“By the way, you’re gaining more weight then usual.” I said to her.

“I AM NOT!” she yelled. “I don’t know how this happening!”

Meanwhile over at Ponyville Idol, “Next, we have a duet with Red Engineer, and Apple Fritter singing Filliesana Stallion, Missifilly Mare.” Rarity said. Filliesana Stallion, Missifilly Mare is ponified version of Louisiana Woman, Mississippi Man, just a notice. So Engie and Apple Fritter walked up to stage with a guitar and a violin and start singing the song. I don’t need to sing the lyrics, but Conway Twitty sings that song. Once they finished, everypony cheered.

“Fabulous! Absolutely fabulous!” Rarity cheered as all the judges clap their hooves.

“I totally agree, and I’m not just saying that because Rarity says so, I really liked that!” Spike said.

“Yeeee haw!” Engie and Apple Fritter both yelled out and danced around. “Ah’m glad ah met ya at the weddin’ Apple Fritter. We make a great team!”

“Ah think so, Engie.” Apple Fritter nodded. Just then her cell phone starts vibrating. She takes out her phone and checks it. “Uh oh. Duty calls. Catch ya later!” Apple Fritter then runs off.

“Why is she always in such a hurry? Is she tryin’ to avoid me or something?” Engie asked. If you forgot what she does, I mentioned it before in a past chapter, but if you forgot, you’ll know later.

Meanwhile, at the trainstation, Shining Armor and Princess Cadance came out of one the train cars along with some Crystal ponies. Twilight notices them come by.

“SHINING! CADANCE!” Twilight yelled out. She runs over to Cadance and does the ‘Sunshine, sunshine’ thing with her, and then she hugs them both.

“How ya doin, Twiley?” Shining asked.

”Great! What are you two doing here?” Twilight asked.

“We came to check out this Fall Festival, and we also thought we can let you borrow some of the stands that we used at the Crystal Fair!” Cadance said, as a few Crystal ponies carried out some of the festival booths.

“Wow! That was really thoughtful of you, Cadance!” Twilight said. “But I have to see if it’s okay with the mayor.”

“Of course you have my permission! The more the merrier!” the mayor said, carrying a couple of balloons that are tied to her torso, and eating some cotton candy.

“That’s great! Thank you, mayor!” Cadance said excitingly.

“So, you have any recommendations for what we should do here?” Shining asked Twilight.

“Well there is….” Before Twilight could finish, she spots Fluttershy flossing a lion’s teeth. “Excuse me, big brother, I have to check on my friend. Look for Flare, he might know.”

”Hey, we’re just here to have fun right?” Shining asks. Twilight nods, and runs over behind the bushes to check on Fluttershy again. Over at another booth is Zecora’s Stories, which is where Zecora tells ancient stories of her past. Some of the really small fillies and colts around town gathered around to hear one of Zecora’s stories. I gotta say, they are legend.

“Come along fillies and colts, gather around! Let me tell you a story of a colt who moved to another town.” Zecora started the story. “In West Fillydelphia, born and raised, the playground where I spent most of my days. Me sitting around, relaxing all cool, and shooting some b-ball outside of the school. When a couple of ponies, they were up to no good, started making trouble in my neighborhood. I got in one little fight and my mama got scared, she said, ‘You’re moving with your auntie and uncle in Cloudsdale’.” Just then Zecora started dancing once on Prince of Clousdale starts playing in the background.

Meanwhile, the Cutie Mark Crusaders walked through town, eating some cotton candy. “Gosh, this Festival is really fun!” Sweetie Belle said.

”Yeah, I’ll say! You should’ve seen Black Thunder and me at the Extreme Sports Contest! We nailed it with my scooter and his skateboard!” Scootaloo said.

“Ah can’t believe Flare did all this for mah family! He’s so good to us!” Apple Bloom said. “But then again, he could be just doin’ it for the attention like he always does, in that case… well… thank him anyway. At least the money goes to us so ah don’t really care why he does it.”

“But how did your family get in debt in the first place?” Sweetie asked.

”Yeah, your family is loaded!” Scoots said.

“Ah dunno. Probably the taxes are goin’ a little too high.” Apple Bloom assumed. “Which ah don’t understand since we pretty much own Ponyville.”

“Really? Because I thought the shops around Ponyville were either owned by their… you know… owners, or Filthy Rich. Do the Apples own everything?” Scoots asked.

“No we don’t OWN Ponyville itself. We just own the land.” Apple Bloom corrected her.

“And yet you’re in debt, and Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon still pick on us. Why not just kick them out of our land?” Scoots suggested.

“Tried it, but mah name isn’t on the ownership papers. Not until mah whole family dies at least.” Apple Bloom said as she takes out a hatchet and laughed mischievously.

“APPLE BLOOM!” Sweetie and Scoots cried out.

“What? Ah won this rubber hatchet on the ‘throw the balloons into the darts’ game.” Apple Bloom said as she bangs Scootaloo on the head with the rubber hatchet and the hatchet just made a squeaky sound. “But this still doesn’t cover our debt problem.”

“Well, I’m sure whatever happens, this festival will help you get your money back, guaranteed!” Sweetie said. Big Mac was listening to their conversation without them noticing, and he looks down really upsettingly.

“What have ah done?” Big Mac asked himself in his head.

Back at the Ponyville Idol stand, Rarity started slamming her head on the counter. “Rarity, calm down!” Luna said.

“How can I calm down? This job is so stressful! Out of all my life for judging in this contest, I never seen more losers than this!”

”But Rarity, you just started this job yesterday.” Luna corrected her.

“And besides, look how good we’re doing! We already got four ponies that are going to make it in the finals! Engineer and Apple Fritter, Silver Spoon, Derpy, and Pipsqueak!” Spike said.

“That’s five ponies, Spike.” Luna corrected him.

“Engineer and Apple Fritter count as one.” Spike said.

“But everypony else! EVERYPONY ELSE IS A LOSER! I NEVER SEEN SO MANY!” Rarity yelled and groaned.

“Wow, and you said Diamond Tiara was the drama queen, look how you’re acting now!” Spike said.

Rarity growls at Spike, but then she calmed down quickly and said, “Yeah, you’re right.”

“Hey, can ya guys wrap this up?” Aqua asked the judges. “Flare is startin’ the Family Feud contest in a half-hour and he needs this stage.”

Over at the animal farm, Fluttershy takes a microphone, and was about to say an announcement. “Umm, uhh, is this thing on?” Fluttershy asked as everypony starts looking at her. “Oh… umm…. H-hi.” Fluttershy asks shyly. “W-wel… welcome to…. EEP!” Fluttershy couldn’t handle the stage fright so she runs into the bushes where Twilight is. “Oh, hi Twilight.”

“What’s wrong, Fluttershy?” Twilight asked.

“I can’t do it, Twilight! I’m too shy!” Flutters said.

“Here, you want me to host the pet race for you?” Twilight asked.

“I-if you want.” Flutters said.

“No problem, I can handle this!” Twilight said as Flutters pushes Twilight out of the bushes and onto the stage.

”Whoa! Oh, um, hello everypony! Welcome to the Ponyville Fall Festival’s Pet Race!” Twilight started.

“Does she have to put ‘Ponyville Fall Festivall’ before ‘pet race’? We all know what this festival is already.” Rainbow whispered to Psyche.

“I find it interesting that out of all ponies in the audience, you chose me to whisper to. That… that means a lot.” Psyche smiled as he teared up and then he blows his nose on Rainbow Dash’s wing.

“EW!” Rainbow complained.

“Oh sorry! I thought that was my wing!” Psyche freaked out. “Wait I don’t use my wings to blow my nose in. Wow such an idiotic move. I have to stop hanging with Crystal all the time.”

“Our contestants today: We have AppleJack’s dog Winona, Fluttershy’s bunny Angel, Pinkie Pie’s alligator Gummy, Rainbow Dash’s pet tortoise Tank, my pet owl Owlowiscious, Blaze Goldheart’s pet phoenix Apollo, and one of Flare’s pet fish Darrel!” Twilight said.

“Alright Winona, ah gotta go compete on Family Feud right now. Make mama proud!” AppleJack said to her dog. Winona barked and licked her.

“You’re fast, you’re furious, you’re awesome, and the tortoise always wins the race! So go get ‘em Tank!” Rainbow says to Tank. Tank nods slowly and puts on his goggles but slowly. Very slowly.

“GO GUMMY GO! GO GUMMY GO!” Pinkie yells, wearing a cheerleader outfit, rooting for her pet alligator.

“Do what you can, Angel. Just…. Don’t get yourself hurt.” Fluttershy advises him.

“You know what to do Owlowiscious!” Twilight says to him

”Who?” Owlowsicious said.

“I’m not Spike, don’t do that to me.” Twilight instructed him.

Just then, Blaze, who is all scratched up, walks over to his pet phoenix Apollo to wish him luck with the race. “What happened to you, master?” Apollo asks him.

“It turns out Rarity’s cat was worse to wash then Fluttershy’s bunny.” Blaze said.

“Alright Darrel! You’re the fastest one out of all of us, so you can do this!” my other fish Rainbow says to him.

”I’m nervous. How am I going to get to the finish line?” Darrel asked.

“It’s quite simple – just follow the tube until you reach the finish line.” Dorthey explains.

“I think Flare’s crazy. How can a fish, let alone a black molly win a pet race?” Pearl asked.

“Hey, if Flare thinks Darrel can do it, he can do it!” Piddles said.

“Hey Darrel, if you win a food reward, can you share it?” Yoyo asks him.

“If it’s any reward, I’ll share it!” Darrel said. “Sharing is caring!”

“Just do your best, Darrel. We’ll be rooting for you!” Rainbow said.

“Hey, may the best pet win.” Apollo says, holding his wing out for Darrel. Darrel jumps out of the tube and gives Apollo a kiss on the cheek; Apollo then wipes it.

“Good luck to you, Apollo!” Rainbow says to him.

“He’s totally going to win this.” Pearl said.

“Yeah, that’s who we want to win right?” Piddles asked.

“No, I meant Apollo.” Pearl corrected him.

“Don’t be like that Pearl, we have complete faith in Darrel! I know he’ll win the prize of unlimited amount of fish flakes!” Yoyo said.

“You don’t even know what the prize is, Yoyo.” Pearl corrected him.

“Well good luck with the race. I’m just gonna catch some zees because that’s what albino catfish do all day if they’re not hungry.” Piddles said as he puts on a pink blindfold and lays down inside my portable fish tank. Yes I do have a portable fish tank, and despite the fact that fish don’t really survive if you transport them so much, I’m just gonna make an excuse for that logical error and say… Magic… snort, snort.

“ON YOUR MARK….” Twilight yells, holding a green flag. All the pets get in position. “GET SET….. GREEN LIGHT!” All the pets except for Darrel start racing to the finish line. Apollo was leading, followed by Angel, Winona, Owlowiscious and Tank. Owlowiscious passes by Apollo, and then Owlowiscious sticks his tongue out at him. Apollo glares at Owlowiscious, and tries to pass him, but then Angel leads the way. Winona shoves Angel out of the way and leads, then Owlowiscious flies beside him. Winona growls at Owlowiscious and tries to go faster. Owlowiscious then carries a stick on one of his feet. Winona looks at the stick, Owlowiscious swings it around and then throws it out of the race track. Winona runs out of the race track, and runs into Mr. and Mrs. Cake’s brownie stall.

“OH MY GOODNESS!” Mrs. Cakes yelled.

“MY BROWNIES!” Mr. Cakes yelled as Winona nibbles on the stick. Owlowiscious then leads the race.

“Nopony was going to buy those brownies anyway.” Engie implied as he walked by their stand.

“And Winona was out of the race it seems, and it looks like my number one assistant is leading the race!” Twilight said.

”WHAT?! I’m the number one assistant!” Spike yelled. Spike then enters the race track and tackles Owlowiscious. It was tied between Apollo and Angel.

“DARREL! What are you doing?!” Dorthey yelled out because Darrel was still in the starting line.

“Wow, even the turtle past you! EPIC FAIL!” Yoyo said as he facefinned himself.

“That’s a tortoise, Piddles, not a turtle.” Pearl corrected him.

“What’s going on Darrel? Why aren’t you going?” Rainbow asked.

“Twilight did not say go.” Darrel said crossing his fins.

”But green light means go.” Rainbow corrected him.

“Doesn’t matter. The rules specifically say that all pets go when the starter says ‘GO’! This isn’t Red Light, Green Light.” Darrel corrected him. Rainbow then sighs and shakes his head.

“Will you all be quiet? I’m still sleeping.” Piddles complained.

“NOW TANK!” Rainbow Dash yells out. She then hits a button on a remote and a couple of rockets appear on Tank’s shell, and he turbos on fast towards the finish line. Tank passes Angel and Apollo, and then suddenly Tank makes it to the finish line before any other pet. Apollo came in second, followed by Angel.

”YES! AWESOME! I knew you can do it!” Rainbow Dash cheered for Tank, and then she nuzzles him.

“And the winner is: DARREL!” Twilight yells out.

“WHAT?!” Rainbow Dash yelled.

“WHAT?!” all my fish yelled at the same time.

“WHAT?!” Apollo yelled but in a soft voice since he doesn’t yell.

"Uhh, Twilight, this seems to be some sort of mistake. Tank won the race." Rainbow said.

"But I didn't say go." Twilight corrected her. "I said green light and the rules specifically say, the race starts on 'GO'."

"TOLD YA!" Darrel said to the other fish.

"Well, we stand corrected." Dorthey said.

"How is that fair?" Pearl asked.

"What? You didn't want Darrel to win, Pearl?" Yoyo asked.

"Of course I did! It's just..... mind-blowing." Pearl said.

"Nuff said." Piddles said as he continued sleeping.

"WOOOO HOO!" Darrel cheered out. "G-G everypet! G-G!"

“Every pet? Wow…” Angel Bunny said.

“It’s just dumb replacing the word ‘everypony’ with some other word.” Winona said.

“I second that!” Tank yelled from the distance. Meanwhile, Big Mac was walking to the stage for Family Feud, but before he can go up, Cheerilee stops him.

"Hey, Mac!" Cheerilee called out. "What's going on? Everything okay?"

"Eeeeyup." he said.

"You're about to play Family Feud?" Cheerilee asked.

"Eeeyup." Big Mac said.

"Oh, alright. I want to talk to you during the break, alright?" Cheerilee asked. Big Mac nods as he walks up to the stage. I was getting ready to host Family Feud, and the show was starting, and to think… I used to have two chapters in Book 1 all about Family Feud, but everyone thought it was boring so I had to make Spice of Life and From Birthdays to Pageants. Ehhh… oh well. I like these new chapters better anyway.

"It's time to plaaaaaaay Family Feud!" Spike said in the background. "Our returning champs: The Apple Family! Playing against the..... Rarity's family! And here's the star of our show: The one who obeys the Magic Laws, Mr. Flaaaaaaaare Gun!" Everypony cheers as I walk out onto stage wearing a tuxedo.

"Hello everypony! Welcome to the Family Feud! We have our returning champs: The Apple Family!" I said, walking over to AppleJack and her family. "How ya doin, AppleJack? Enjoying the festival?"

"Ah sure am, Flare!" AppleJack said. Big Mac was feeling a little nervous about something. He looks down and sees Cheerilee waving at him and he waves back.

"Why don't you re-introduce me to your family?" I asked.

"Well, this is mah sister Apple Bloom, mah brother Big Mac-" AppleJack explained.

"Oh- EEEYUP!" Big Mac yelled interrupting her. Big Mac was feeling really nervous.

Everypony started looking at him concernedly, AppleJack didn’t really care so she continued introducing her family. "Mah Granny Smith, and mah cousin Apple Fritter!”

"If ah have to leave durin’ the show, does that count as disqualified?” Apple Fritter asked.

"Alright, now let's meet Rarity's family!" I said as I walked on over to her side. "Welcome to the show Rarity; how are you enjoying the festival?" Meanwhile, AppleJack checks on Big Mac because she knew something was wrong.

"Big Mac? Y'all alright, brother?" AppleJack whispered.

"Huh? Oh… eeyup!” Big Mac said.

"Yer actin’ jumpier then a bullfrog at an incest convention." AppleJack whispered. “Are ya sure y’all alright?”

“Eeyup.” Big Mac whispered.

"Okay, but if ya need to get off, we can get Babs to replace ya." AppleJack whispered.

"BABS IS HERE?!" Apple Bloom yelled. Everypony then stopped and looked at her.

"Uh, yeah, ah didn't mean to ruin the surprise." AppleJack said as she chuckled embarrassingly.

"Alllllllrighty then, anyway, LET'S BEGIN THE FEUD!” I yelled. No worries, we’re skipping the feud, I don’t wanna bore ya. During the intermission break, Big Mac steps off stage to talk to Cheerilee.

"There you are, Big Mac! Had fun?” she asked.

“Mmhm.” Big Mac nodded.

“Wow, something other than a ‘eeyup’. Don’t I feel special!” Cheerilee blushed and giggled. “There's something I want to show you." Cheerilee takes Big Mac’s hoof and headed on over to the arcade over at the prize booth. "You see that right there?" Cheerilee points to a giant blue teddy bear.

"Eeeeyup." Big Mac said.

"I want that. I've been wanting that for a while." Cheerilee said. "I need your help. When you're done with the feud, can you please do me a favor and help me win that? It costs 25,000 tickets but with a pony of your talents, I'm sure you won't fail, won't you Big Mac?" Cheerilee had a seductive look on her eyes, and she flutters her eyes at him.

"Nnn-na-na-na-na-na-na-nnope." he said.

"Good! That's all I wanted. Now you better get back to the Feud, they're waiting for you." Cheerilee advised him. So after the feud, nothing much more happened that day. Oh you wanna know who won? Well too bad, I’ll keep you in suspen…. Actually, I’ll be nice. The Apples won the prize. They needed the bits so… I actually assisted them, which was against the rules but I’m a nice pony despite what some of you may think.

Day Three.... Day Four..... Day Five.... and now we're at Day Six of the Fall Festival! The CMCs were walking around the streets with Babs. "So Babs, ya enjoyin the Festival so far?" Apple Bloom asked.

"You know it! I can't believe we never had a festival like this in Manehatten!" Babs said excitedly.

"Ponyville's really an eventful town, cuz!" Apple Bloom said.

Babs chuckled. "I'm sure it is, cuz!" Over at the arcade tent, Big Mac looked around; it looked like he was up to something, and he was carrying the jar of the thousand bits from the Family Feud game that his family won. Ok I admit it; this is why I told you who won the game. I’m not that kind, I admit that. So Big Mac started playing the arcade games to help Cheerilee win that big blue teddy bear. He’d do anything for her; he loves her. Sorry Fluttermac supporters.

"Hello welcome to the tent of Madam Pinkie!” Pinkie said. “I see you.... throwing the biggest, baddest, greatest party in all of Equestria!" Pinkie says to herself while looking in a mirror.

Meanwhile over at Equestrian Idol: "So our finalests are: Silver Spoon, Derpy, Engineer and Apple Fritter, Pipsqueak, the Cutie Mark Crusdaers, and Twilight." Luna said.

"Can't wait until the final two!" Spike said. The festival was still going on as planned. Day Six.... Day Seven.... Day Eight! Two more days until the festival is over. Big Mac was walking out of the arcade carrying the big teddy bear for Cheerilee.
"Hey, big brother!" AppleJack said walking towards him. "Where have ya been? Ah haven't seen ya in days!" Big Mac reveals his face to AJ and it looks like he hasn't showered, brushed his teeth, or shaved in days. "Yikes! Big Mac how long have ya been in that arcade for?"

“Uhh…” Big Mac studdered.

"No matter." AppleJack said smiling at him. "Nice teddy bear! Apple Bloom's been wanting to win that for ages! Yer such a great brother, sugarcube! We wouldn've come this far without ya." she said as she gave her brother a big hug. Big Mac was REALLY feeling nervous now because he blown all his money on the arcade.

"Oh no! Oh no! HAS ANYPONY SEEN A JAR OF BITS?!" I yelled out on a megaphone. "A JAR OF BITS FROM ONE OF THE TICKET STANDS IS MISSING! IF ANYPONY HAS SEEN IT, PLEASE REPORT IT IMMEDIATLY!"

"Flare what happened?" AppleJack asked.

"Your finances are gone!" I said to AppleJack through the megaphone, and I was just a few feet from her.

"WHAT?!" AppleJack yelled.

"I dunno what happened! I kept it secure; where did it go?" I asked through the megaphone.

"Ah dunno; big bro, ya know what happened to it?" AppleJack asked him

"Umm… eeeyu…nnnn…eeyu….nnnn…” Big Mac stuttered. Everypony started looking at him funny.

“Wow Big Mac is so upset right now, he can’t even talk.” I said through the megaphone still.

“WILL YA SHUT THAT CONTRAPTION OFF?!” AppleJack yelled. I did so and placed it down. AppleJack started to tear up. "That money was our only hope! Ah promised Granny Smith that we'd get the money before winter, and now that it's gone..... our… our farm's gonna go out of business, and we'll be movin’ onto the streets." she covered her face with her hat and started to cry.

"Don't give up, sista. We still have a whole day tomorrow! I promise we'll do all we can to earn back the money, I promise." I said as I tried to comfort AppleJack. Big Mac felt really bad about what he did because what none of us know is that Big Mac gambled away all the money just to impress Cheerilee. Every single bit that we earned from the festival has been gambled away at the arcade just for a big blue teddy bear. You may think that arcade machines don’t cost this much money, but what Cheerilee mistakes herself is that Big Mac is not as good in arcade games as she thinks.

Meanwhile, Twilight continued watching over Fluttershy, unaware that there was somepony hanging over her shoulder. "Having fun, Twilight Sparkle?" Celestia asked her.

"Princess Celestia?!" Twilight cried.

"What? You didn't think I was going to miss out on the Fall Festival, was I?" Celestia asked.

"No, I guess not." Twilight said.

"Why are you wasting your time making sure Fluttershy doesn't get attacked by any of the animals?" Celestia asked.

"I'm just making sure she's safe." Twilight said.

"You're missing out on all the fun. Look at her; she hasn't been attacked by one animal at all. Fluttershy knows what she's doing, Twilight." Celestia explained.

"Yeah.... I suppose you're right." Twilight agreed.

"Go on, Twilight. If she's in trouble, the local security will make sure she's safe." Celestia said.

"The local security?" Twilight asked, but to her surprise, she saw security guards everywhere in town, including a couple near the petting zoo.

"Flare Gun knows what he's doing, Twilight. Now go have some fun! The Festival is ending tomorrow." Celestia said.

"WAIT! How long was I here for?" Twilight asked in shock.

"Almost throughout the whole fair." Celestia said.

"WOW! I completely missed out!" Twilight cried as she ran out to have some fun, before it was too late. I continued looking around for the money, when suddenly....

“Hey.” Adventure Blade said to me.

“Huh? Oh hey, Keith. What? No Flaaaaaaaare?” I asked.

“No. I don’t want to do that every single time I see you.” He said.

“Ok. So anyways, I’m looking for the lost festival budget for the Apple family. I think it’s been stolen.” I said.

“Oh.” Addie said.

“Yeah.” I said.

“Ok.” He said.

“What? You don’t care?” I asked.

“I do care.” Addie said.

“So you should head over to my shop later. I got new sodas for my machine.” I said.

“Ok.” He said.

“Yeah, I got Peepsi, I got Sierra Entertainment Mist, Eh? Dry ginger ale, Knock’s Root Beer, and of course the unpopular of all sodas – Slept Club Soda.” I explained.

“Oh.” He said.

“Yeah, and even Slept Ginger Ale!” I said.

“Ok.” He said.

“Hey do you like it if I call you Keith?” I asked.

“I’d rather you call me Addie, but call me what you want.” He said.

“I think I’ll call you Addie more often, and I’ll just say ‘Keith’ when I’m shouting your name, or if I’m poking you on Facebook.” I said.

“Ok.” He said.

"You wanna do what?" Doctor Whooves asked as ponies lined up in front of his TARDIS.

"We want to take a ride on your magical phone booth! It looks really fun!" Skyblaze said.

"Well, first of all, it's not really magic, it's complex alien technology that would take me forever to explain." the Doctor said. "Secondly, are you sure you'd like to do that? It's awfully dangerous, also, I already have a companion presently... and the TARDIS is not an 'it', she's a 'she'."

“Such feminism.” The TARDIS said.

“WHOA!” Skyblaze yelled. “Did your phone booth just talk?”

“No that’s silly. The TARDIS speaks her own language. A language you wouldn’t understand.” The Doctor said.

“But… I just heard her say-“ Skyblaze said.

“No you didn’t.” the Doctor interrupted him.

“But I just did-“ Skyblaze said.

“Nope.” The Doctor interrupted again.

“But I-“

“Nope.”

“Eh-“

“Nope.”

The Eighth day of the Festival has ended. Big Mac was asleep at home and he was about to go into dreamland. He was standing right outside Sweet Apple Acres, but it was different, the farm was owned by the Flim Flam Brothers. The barn was gone and replaced by a factory and it was snowing outside. Big Mac was really frightened. He wondered what happened to his family, so he ran into town and looked around. Ponyville was different; it turned into a city.

Big Mac was shocked. Everything he once knew has changed before his eyes. He was looking around for his family until eventually he found AppleJack and Apple Bloom sitting down in a dark alley. AppleJack was lying on the ground, with lots of apple cider bottles. "C'mon AppleJack! Don't give up!" Apple Bloom begged sadly to her with tears in her eyes.

"It's over, sugarcube. Our business.... our hope..... even Granny Smith has moved on." AppleJack said. Big Mac gasped.

"We're not gonna do what she does! We ain't workin’ for the Flim Flam Brothers! That is not how we make our apple products!" Apple Bloom said, and then she coughs, and passes out.

"Rest, Apple Bloom.... rest. Your pain will go away very soon." AppleJack said putting her blanket around her. A tear fell from AppleJack's eye. "Why Big Mac? Why did ya betray us for that.... teacher?"

"HUH?!” Big Mac yelled.

"Because of you Big Mac, we lost everythin’, and now.... ah don't think we can afford the cure for Apple Bloom's disease. Ah guess that's why she never got her cutie mark. She wouldn't need it." AppleJack said sadly.

"NO! NO! NO! NO!" Big Mac yelled. "NOOOOOOOOOOOOPE!" But then he suddenly woke up from his bed and saw everything was still around. Ponyville hasn’t changed a bit, and he still had Sweet Apple Arces. He knew there was still time to fix everything. Time to fix his mistakes. Wow, Big Mac’s gonna save the day this time. I’ve always wanted to see that! Day Nine.... the final day of the Fall Festival has arrived. Big Mac ran into town and saw AppleJack talking to my sister Water.

"Oh howdy, bro!" AppleJack said.

"Hey Big Mac!" Water said.

"So listen, Water, ah'm sorry to hear about Flare." AppleJack said. Big Mac was a bit curious to what happened to me.

“Huh?” Big Mac asked.

"Flare was up all night looking for the lost money. He still can't find it." AppleJack said to him.

"He's still going around town looking for it. So I decided to take over until he does." Water said.

“Worse mistake he’s ever made.” Psyche teased as he walked by.

“I can see why my friends like to pick on Psyche the most.” Water said.

"Look how much time Flare is putting in for us. He really wants us to stay in business. Now, big bro, that is a true friend right there!" AppleJack said.

"I really feel sorry for him though. He'll go mad if he doesn't find the money. I hope you can live through winter if he doesn't find the money." Water said.

"Ah'm sure we'll be fine, sugarcube. It can't be any worse." AppleJack said. I then suddenly popped out of the trash bin and started making weird noises to my friend Wind Racer. “Are those fightin’ words?” she asked me angrily. Just then, Apple Bloom suddenly starts coughing and runs over to AppleJack.

“Apple Bloom? Apple Bloom, what’s wrong?” AppleJack asked.

“Ah’ve been chokin’ a lot lately. Ah have no idea though. Ah think ah’m breakin’ in a fever.” Apple Bloom said as she held her head sickly.

“Hello, my friends! Hello, hello!” a familiar voice said in the background, and it turned out to be Flim. “We overheard some interesting news, didn’t we, my brother of mine?”

“We should did, and we are quiet excited for this opportunity to take back our farm.” Flam said.

“It was never yer farm in the first place!” AppleJack yelled angrily at them.

“Actually it was for a few mere seconds.” Twilight corrected her.

“Yeah thanks for that, Twilight.” AppleJack said sarcastically.

“Hello there! My name is Gold Niguel.” A random gold pony with a hard hat and a business pony suit said.

“What are you supposed to be?” AppleJack asked.

“I’m an architect.” Gold Niguel said. “I’m here to talk to the mayor of giving this town a whole new look.”

“Cardboard boxes! Get your cardboard boxes here! Perfect if you’re homeless!” a merchant cried out.

“Hi, I’m Jack Black! Knock ‘em dead, Mac.” Jack Black said to Big Mac.



"STOP!" Big Mac yelled, just then everypony stops and looks at him.

"W-what?" AppleJack asked confusingly.

“Umm…” Big Mac mumbled and then Big Mac remembered that he can’t talk openly in big sentences so he went down to AppleJack’s ear and whispered.

“Umm… Big Mac says he did it. He stole the money. He spend it all on gettin’ gifts for Cheerilee.” AppleJack said to everypony. Everypony gasped, well, everypony who cared, including AppleJack the most.

"Irony!" Water said in a squeaky voice.

"Big Mac.... h-how.... how could you?" AppleJack asked very upsettingly. Just then Big Mac whispers in AppleJack’s hear again. "He says Cheerilee means everythin’ to him, and he just wanted to see her happy. All the gifts he gave her… he just ruined us. He spent the money on that expensive bracelet on her wrist, spent all our Family Feud and budget money on the arcade games, all to make Cheerilee happy, and he says he’s sorry.”

"LAWL!” I laughed.

"What's so funny?" AppleJack asked me. “How is ANY of this funny to you?”

"Your budget money was in the arcade machines all along? HA! That's awesome!" I yelled.

"How is that awesome?" Water asked.

"The arcade machines? The arcade machines are Fall Festival property! That means we still had the money all along!" I cried in excitement.

"So... we're gonna be fine?" AppleJack asked happily.

"Better than fine! YOU'LL BE RICH!" I yelled. AppleJack then cried out a cheer. “Yeeee haw! Big brother, ah'm still mad for ya stealin our money, but.... it could've been worse. So ah accept yer apology." AppleJack hugs him.

"And Big Mac?" Cheerilee asks walking towards him. "It means so much to me that you'd put your family at risk just to make me happy, but it is completely unnecessary. Don't spend all your money on me. I still love you no matter what!" Cheerilee said as she hugged him. "So I'm giving you back the bracelet for your farm." Cheerilee removes her bracelet and gives it to Big Mac and then he cracks a smile.

“And Big Mac?” I asked as I walked towards him. “I’m glad just because… I dunno, I can’t think of an excuse to hug you too.” I said to him as I hugged him.

"Well, it seems Big McIntosh learned a vital lesson, wouldn't you agree dear sister?" Celestia asked.

"I couldn't agree more!" Luna smiled and said.

"Besides! That was the best Fall Festival ever!" Crystal yelled in excitement.

"Our only one too, so far." Aqua said.

"Way better than the Crystal fair! We should host this again next year!" Cadance said.

"Or better yet, a Spring Fling!" Pinkie cried out.

"Good idea! See? Everything turned out okay!" Twilight said.

"Not for me." Pinkie said angrily.

"Why? What's wrong, Madam Pinkie?" Twilight asked.

"I'm not Madam Pinkie anymore. Psyche stole my business." Pinkie complained.

"And we still need to find out who wins Ponyville Idol." Rarity said.

"It's us, it's totally us, Apple Fritter." Engie said.

"Oh, Silver. If you wanted to be on the top, then that's okay. I shouldn've been so stubborn to you. Can we still be friends?" Diamond Tiara asks Silver Spoon.

"Of course! Besides, I was thinking of dropping out anyway!" Silver Spoon said.

"Oh good, then do it!" Diamond said happily as Silver then glares at her.

Later that night, it was time for the firework show finale! It was time for me to launch the fireworks that bring an end to the Ponyville Fall Festival! I started launching the fireworks. Everypony was happy. AppleJack and Big Mac then hugged again.

"Well, big brother. It turns out our farm will last another winter." AppleJack said.

"Eeeeyup!" Big Mac said.

"It's a good thing ya told me. If Granny Smith knew, ya wouldn't believe!" AppleJack said.

"Believe what?" Granny Smith asked as she glared at them. I continue on releasing the fireworks. Spike goes up to one of the fire crackers and uses his firebreath on them to see if it launches in the air, but it turns out, it just gets teleported to over Celestia, and then it just goes right through her mane and launches into the sky. Spike was pretty embarrassed.

"Uh Flare? Aren't you forgetting something?" Blaze asked me.

"What? Oh right your reward for winning I Triple Dog Dare You!" I said.

"Yes, finally!" Blaze said in excitement.

"Here you go, brah!" I said as I gave him a key chain.

"W-what's this?" Blaze asked.

"A keychain! Win Triple Dog Dare You, win a free keychain!" I said.

"WHAT?! YOU MEAN I BATHED ANGEL AND OPAL, I RAN AROUND CHANGELING KINGDOM, I EVEN ATE A MAREAMI HEAT PIZZA, AND ALL I GET WAS THIS LOUSY KEYCHAIN!?" Blaze yelled.

"Hey! You were the one who wanted to play the game, it's not my fault!" I said.

"I'M GOING TO KILL YOU!" Blaze yelled.

"Whoa! ARMOR LOCK!" I yelled as I activated my armor lock spell before he can tackle me. The fireworks kept booming onto the sky, and tis were the end of the Fall Festival! Such a spectacular way of ending it! Our goal was accomplished as well. The Apple family was saved from debt, and later that night, Mynx made Spark Note cry.

Author's Note:

The Fall Festival idea was originally an RP I made on my Facebook page, and after that RP was such a success, I wanted to put it in my story. Wasn't much story in this chapter, more of interesting gags and festival entertainment, but I did eventually add story about why the festival was made, to help the Apple family out. Originally it was suppose to help support Nashorse but I decided that's a little much, so the Apple family took it's place. I'm glad Big Mac stars in this chapter. Before this chapter was made the first time, the only MLP episode Big Mac played a major role in was Hearts and Hooves Day.

Ironically, this is also the first appearance of Princess Celestia in Book 2. I know I'm quite surprised as well.