• Published 5th Nov 2012
  • 597 Views, 4 Comments

The Party Diva - Honey_Darling



Rarity makes a new dress and Pinkie wants to celebrate

  • ...
 4
 597

The Party Diva

The Party Diva

“Does that ribbon go there or there?” Pinkie pointed with her hoof to two different spots on the new dress Rarity was working on.

“Pinkie, please darling, just be quiet.” Rarity said impatiently. “I need to focus.” Pinkie frowned and leaned back. She was excited for her friend, but waiting for the dress to be done was soo boring! What came after the dressmaking wasn’t so boring.

She had an amazing party planned for Rarity’s celebration.She zoned out for a while, dreaming about the party-she almost fell asleep-when suddenly she heard her friend cry out.

“Yes! It’s finished! And it’s some of my best work, if I do say so myself.” Rarity smiled. Pinkie jumped up and hugged her talented friend.

“I am soo happy for you! It’s beautiful! No, it’s beyond beautiful! It’s the most beauty-jewly-glittery-ribbony-flowy-bunchy-goldeny dress ever!” Pinkie gushed. Rarity folded her ears down and blushed.

“It isn’t THAT good...” Rarity mumbled.

“Yes it IS!” Pinkie cried out, “It’s so great, I-I just don’t know what I’m going to do! Wait, yes I do! See ya later, Rarity!” And with that, the pink mare flew out the door and left Rarity alone in her boutique.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“...and 200 purple balloons, no pink, no blue, no orange,” Pinkie mumbled to herself, writing the list of what she would need to plan the party, “ no yellow, no... I KNOW! RAINBOW BALLOONS!!” Pinkie shouted as she scribbled down ideas.

“Pinkie!” Mrs. Cake called, “Could you hurry and ice those cupcakes?”

“Sure thing, Mrs. Cake!” Pinkie answered, but she was only half paying attention. “Okay, ooh! How about blue and purple streamers!” Pinkie cried out. She quickly wrote down her idea. “And orange tablecloths, pink punch, green chairs!” She quickly wrote down her ideas as she iced. Soon the whole batch was done. “Here’s your cupcakes!” Pinkie happily brought the tray over to the kitchen. Mrs. Cake looked down at the cupcakes and smiled.

“Planning a party, Pinkie?” Mrs. Cake asked. Pinkie looked surprised.

“Yeah, how did you know?” she gasped. Mrs. Cake laughed.

“Because you wrote your notes onto the cupcakes!” she pointed down at the icing, and Pinkie saw that she had written her ideas on the correspondingly colored cupcake!

“Sorry, I’ll go make another batch!”

“No, it’s fine, you can have them.” she winked, “You’re gonna want to remember those rainbow balloons.”

Pinkie blushed, “Okay, thank you!” She brought the desserts with her upstairs to her room to copy down what she had frosted onto them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Do you have green chairs? No? Not even blue streamers? You call yourself a party store?!” Pinkie cried angrily before she smashed the phone back on the receiver. “Sweet Celestia, I’ve tried seven different party stores, from Trottingham to Fillydelphia, and none of them have anything!” She slumped back in her chair and picked up her phone book. “Oh, well, next...” She dialed in the number from the book, but just as she could hear ringing on the other end, someone busted in her room.


“Pinkie!” Mrs. Cake cried, “I can’t find the yellow frosting anywhere!” Pinkie Pie quickly put the phone down and spun around.


“Can’t you use another color?” she asked hopefully.


“Oh, heavens, no!” Mrs. Cake gasped as if it was a silly question with an obvious answer. “This client is extremely strict about what she wants, and she wants yellow!”


“Well, I’m sure you could just go to the store and buy more?” Pinkie questioned. Mrs. Cake blinked. That hadn't even crossed her mind.


“You’re right, Pinkie!” she laughed, “what was I thinking? Bye now!” She turned to leave, but then Pinkie suddenly ran up to her.


“Wait!” she huffed, “Can you...make me a cake or something? By this afternoon?” she smiled hopefully. Mrs. Cake eyed her, then smiled.


“Of course, Pinkie! Anything for my bets problem solver!” then she turned and left for good. Pinkie sighed with relief. That’s one thing down, but a lot more to go...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Why would I help you make balloons?” Rainbow asked quizzically as she relaxed on a cloud. “That’s, like, really lame.”


“Come on, Dashie, I can’t find Rainbow balloons ANYWHERE! And I need help blowing them up, too...” Pinkie pleaded.


“Ugh, but I have things to do!” Rainbow Dash whined.


“Pleeeease?” Pinkie pouted. Rainbow paused, thought a bit, then flew down to the ground.


“Whatever, as long as it doesn’t take too long...” Rainbow grumbled.


“Whee!” Pinkie’s face lit up as she bounced back to Sugarcube Corner. After they walked in, she got right down to business. “Okay, the balloons are over there, let’s get to work!” Rainbow walked over to a box in the corner, then peered in.


“Pinkie, these balloons are white...”


“Duh! What other color would they be?”


“You said they would be rainbow colored...”


“That’s what you have to do!”


“Huh?”


“You make them rainbowy!” Pinkie said like it was obvious.


“ And just how do you expect me to do that?”


“Well, you made the sky rainbowy with a Sonic Rainboom, so make the balloons rainbowy!”


“Fine let’s blow them up and get them outside...” Rainbow picked up a balloon and blew hard into it, then tied it off. Pinkie looked at the balloon.


“Um, Dashie? This balloon is sorta....lumpy.” Rainbow tied off another balloon.


“Well, quantity over quality.” she stated as she threw another balloon to the floor. Pinkie shrugged and joined her, quickly blowing and tying off to get them done faster. It wasn’t long until the whole box was empty and the floor was covered with lumpy white balloons.

“Okay, now let’s tie strings on the ends and get them flying!” Pinkie squealed. It wasn’t very long until they noticed that the lack of air kept them from flying, but Rainbow insisted that balloons on the floor are much better than balloons in the air. Pinkie went along with it, and then set them all in a row on the table. “Okay, now make them rainbowy!”

Rainbow Dash took off like a bullet, and all of the balloons were covered in a rainbowy residue. It oozed and covered the balloons in a distorted rainbow pattern. Pinkie didn’t mind, but looked over and saw Fluttershy walking towards her with a basket on her back.

“Fluttershy!” she cried and ran over to her.

“I brought the flowers you wanted, I hope they're okay...” she said.

“I’m sure they are!” Pinkie smiled, “Now come in and let’s decorate!”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Applejack trotted over to Sugarcube Corner. She was carrying a toolbox in her mouth and strapped a wagon filled with green wood to her back. When she opened the door, she couldn’t believe what she saw. The room was covered with dripping, saggy balloons and partially withered flowers hung from the cabinets.

“So, uh, Pinkie? What did you want me for?” Applejack asked. Pinkie hopped over.

“I need you to make the green chairs!” Pinkie smiled. Applejack looked down.

“Uh, Pinkie? Why couldn’t you just order chairs? I’m sure you could...” she inquired.

“Oh, I couldn’t find green chairs ANYWHERE!” Pinkie rolled her eyes. Applejack frowned, but walked over and sat down, getting out the materials to make her first chair.

“So, how many of these chairs do you need?” she asked as she started hammering two boards together.

“Fifteen,” Pinkie added up quickly. Applejack stopped and gasped. “By five.” Applejack’s hammer fell out of her mouth.

“Pinkie! How do you expect me to do fifteen chairs in ten minutes!” she cried angrily. Pinkie smiled.

“Because you’re the bestest farm pony and builder EVER!” she smiled and batted her eyelashes.

“But NOPONY can make fifteen chairs in TEN MINUTES!” Applejack cried.

“Make that nine,” Pinkie corrected, “And now that I recount, we need sixteen chairs.” Applejack screamed but sat back down and started hammering like crazy. She did get them done in a very short amount of time, but they looked more like a heap of wood and nails than chairs.

As she was finishing up her last “chair”, Twilight came in. At first the unicorn was smiling, but then she gasped in horror at the display.

“Pinkie!” she cried, “What is going on here?”

“I’m throwing a surprise party for Rarity!” she squealed happily.

“Well, when is it? I need to fix this mess!” Twilight looked back and forth at the filthy room.

“In about a minute,” Pinkie stated blandly.

“WHAT?” Twilight screamed. She hurried around the room. “This is not good, this is not good, this is not good!” Then she heard the doorbell ring. Pinkie looked out the window.

“Ooh! Rarity’s here!” she squeaked. Twilight collapsed, but then got back up.

“I need to do this!” she cried. She dug her hooves into the ground and a giant beam of light engulfed the room. The ponies had less than a second to see whether the spell worked as Rarity walked into the room.

“Surprise!” All of the ponies cheered with big smiles. Rarity’s face lit up.

“Do you like it? Do you like it?” Pinkie asked happily.

“Oh, my dear, I LOVE it!” Rarity smiled, but then she frowned. “But I can’t stay, I have a very important client waiting for me in Canterlot and I’ll only be able to catch the train if I leave now. I hope it’s not too much trouble...” Twilight’s eyes dilated with a sting of insanity, but she quickly jerked back.

“Not...a problem at all! You go on now. Byyye!” she shoved Rarity out the door, closed it, and melted onto the floor. “All of that work...”

“Aw, Twilight, don’t be upset...” Pinkie tried to calm her friend.

“Upset, who’s upset? I’m not upset. I’m HAPPY! Ahahah, whoop-de-doo!” Twilight rambled as she walked out the door. Pinkie and Applejack exchanged looks, then sat down on the perfectly built green chairs and ate cake under the nicely decorated rainbow balloons.

~♪

Comments ( 4 )

Thanks for the crediting :pinkiehappy:
This story is so old, I just wish that you would've let me go back through and edit it for grammar problems :twilightoops:
Oh well, hope people enjoy it nonetheless :twilightsmile:

Interesting. While it's better than it could have been, there's still a lot of room to improve here. Keep it up. :pinkiehappy:

I would have let you... but I was in a crunch for time and you were busy with your own things. Don't take that the wrong way, it is awesome how your story is going! :twilightblush:

This is also pretty good.:pinkiesmile:
I like it.:derpytongue2:

Login or register to comment