• Published 28th Oct 2012
  • 7,697 Views, 608 Comments

Waking up as Rarity. - TonydBrony



You ever wake up in someone elses shoes? I have, but this is ridiculous! Rated teen for langauge.

  • ...
39
 608
 7,697

A Walk In The Park

Oh, hey guys! Great timing. I was just about to start writing a new chapter for my story. Come to keep me company while I write, have you? Well, that really warms my heart to you sticking around. Now, I’m gonna need a few moments before I finish this bad boy...

Three weeks and six days later.

There we go! In record time too. Enjoy!

Anastazia was sitting on her knees in front of me with an over eager smile, and her teddy bear squeezes up against her like she’s hugging the poor little thing.

“So! What do you want to do first?” Annie asked me with a sweet tone.

For a stuck up rich girl, she’s not so stuck up. Go figure.

I was still dumbstruck from being so quickly introduced to Annie, that I felt like my head was spinning on a carousel without my body. “Erm...” I mumbled and felt a bit bashful, honestly. I mean, afterall, I am kinda her pet or some shit.

“OH! Can we play dress up? That’d be fun!” She was on her feet faster than I could blink and already half way across the room.

Well, at least I’m not being forced to play with a seven year old.

“Daddy bought me a whole bunch of pony clothes before you got here,” Annie squealed as she skipped across the room.

“Oh... Uhm, sure.” I replied, still getting used to the fact that this young girl, supposedly the girl whom I’d belong to for the rest of my life, was such a soft hearted angel. I got to my hooves and followed her with my eyes glued to the carpet. “So, what, are we gonna put on some princess outfits, or what’s the deal here?”

I looked up and almost dropped my eyes out of their sockets. Annie was standing in front of a door easily comparable that to a cathedral. She was rubbing her hands together with a cheshire cat-like smile.

The door swung open with a loud FWOOSH and I was nearly knocked on my ass. Rarity’s ass. Whatever.

Beyond Annie was a myriad of clothes, rather small clothes at that, lined up neatly on hangers. I’m pretty sure I was stuck between gasping excitedly and groaning in agitation from the possible hours I’d spend playing dress up.

Seriously, why couldn’t I be paired with a pony like Pinkie Pie, or Apple Jack? At least their memories wouldn’t conflict too badly with mine...

Whatever my complaining ass was ranting about, I took notice to how many of the outfits and whatever else the world could’ve crammed in there looked almost familiar. Like, I want to try them on and make sure they fit... But I really don’t. This fusing shit is getting on my nerves.

“Pretty neat, right?” Annie’s voice pervaded into my thought bubble, bursting it as she skipped into the large closet. “C’mon, let’s go!” She said, already skimming through the stream of clothes.

Naturally, I chased after her.

“Excuse me, dear?” I asked in an attempt to recreate Rarity’s elitist voice, as I ran a hoof over a eye catching pony-sized cashmere sweater I had spotted as I entered.

Wait. I don’t even know what cashmere is...

“Yeah?”

“Where’d you...” I motioned to the wardrobe. “Acquire all of these garments?”

“Daddy said it was some place in Ohio. He said I could get anything I wanted to dress up my pony- Oh! That’s you. Sorry. Anyway, daddy let me write a big list of stuff I wanted, and then they showed up at the front door a few days later! Isn’t that cool?”

I nodded and took the sweater I was ogling off the hanger. “Yeah, pretty cool,” I said absent mindedly.

I’m not sure what it was about the sweater, but it was increasingly more appealing every second I looked over it. Every thread and stitch was so expertly crafted that I couldn’t take my eyes off it! Which is weird, considering the only thing I’ve ever stitched up was Ele when she got a tear on her trunk.

“Pardon me, Annie?” I said to my *master* politely. “May I take off this tutu and put on something a little more comfortable?”

“Yeah,” She called over her shoulder.

Wow. It’s like she doesn’t even give two shits.

“There’s a dressing room on the far left. Knock yourself out!”

As soon as she finished her sentence, I zipped off into the aforementioned room to get rid of this hideous rag I was wearing. I may not be a fashion expertise, but I wouldn’t even make a five year old wear something like this.

Remind me to burn this?

The dressing room was approximately the size of an average person’s bedroom with a large mirror on the right side wall. It was slightly chilly in there, but it was tolerable.

“Ya know, this isn’t too bad, Rarity.” I said aloud to the mare in, and on my mind. “I was expecting us to be much worse off.”

We’re alone in a dressing room, dear. She replied blatantly

“I’ll find a way out eventually, Rares. Just takes a little time and a Tony style suave,” I sat on my haunches and stared into the large mirror. “In the meantime, why don’t you take over for a bit? I need to think... About things.”

A shiver crawled up my back, like a cold piece of metal being dragged up my spine. Before I realised it, I wasn’t in control of our hooves. I gave all control to Rarity just as she has for me.

“Thank you, dear. A little time to stretch my hooves will do me some good.” She wriggled out of the tutu and pulled the sweater up to our eyes. She smiled and held a sleeve in periwinkle-colored telekinesis.

Nice right? I think the simple black color shows off your elegant alabaster coat, I thought with a bit of self-deserved pride.

Rarity rolled her eyes with a smile. “That sounds like something I would say, Tony.” Rarity sneered with a dainty giggle.

For the betterment of my pride and sanity, I decide to not say anything. It’s hard enough having going from a six foot five BAMF to a two, maybe three foot tall pony with an obsession over clothes.

No, seriously, it’s like someone turned the difficulty up on life to “Very Hard” during the final boss fight.

Anyway, during my mental rant, Rarity was still looking over the black sweater with intrigue. It really brings out her eyes... You didn’t just read that.

“Anthonie, dear? Were you aware that there’s a tag on this sweater?”

Umm... No. Is that significant to anything?

“Darling, there’s a phone number on it.”

And?

Rarity facehoofed. Which I felt. Ow.

“There’s an address!”

So..? I don’t think now is a good time to be ordering clothes, Rarity.

She groaned. “Are you really this dense all the time or is today a special occasion?!”

You know, I think I was wearing my best poker face, but it was hard to tell since I was more of a mental projection at the time. Or a thought. Whatever.

“Anthonie! Are you even listening to me?”

Oh, yeah, Rarity was saying some stuff.

I’d be lying if I said yes.

Rarity stamped a hoof on the floor. I was pissing her off.

“What in the world are even doing in there?” She asked, clearly irritated. “I swear, it’s as though you’re talking to somepony else entirely!”

I mentally shrugged and almost started to wander the recesses of mind. Almost.

“Now, are you going to listen to me or am I going to have to come in there and wipe the floors of your own brain with your face?”

I’d like to go on record and say that not many things scare me. Yeah, there’s water, dying alone, and being an outcast, but that’s beside the point, because I’m pretty sure if I was able to, I would’ve pissed myself.

Yes ma’am. I squeaked a mental reply and soon began to fear for my safety. I’m not even safe inside my own mind! What’s up with that?

“Excellent.” Rarity’s aggression faded just as quickly as it showed it’s ugly face.

The sweater was held up to our eyes again by Rarity’s magic.

Apparently the tag had some pretty helpful info. Annie wasn’t lying when it was made in Ohio. Columbus to be exact. In a store called Taylor’s Tailor. A pretty nice find if I do say so myself.

Maybe we just caught a break after all.

Hey Rarity?

“Yes, darling?”

I fucking love you.

v^v^v^v

Sometime later, Rarity and I hatched a plan to get out of here. In the meantime, I let Rarity put together the rest of her sweater ensemble. Hey, if you’re gonna do something, may as well do it in style.

The fabulous mare I know as Rarity Belle tied her mane into a ponytail, found a red beret and a set of matching hoof slippers.

She looked nice. That was the simple way of describing her anyway.

We stepped out of the dressing room and whoa and behold, Annie was waiting for us. How endearing...

Her smile grew about ten times larger than what I expected from any normal human being. This whole fucking family is weird.

“Ohmigosh! You look amazing, Rarity!” Annie squealed and dove onto her knees in front of us.

“Naturally,” Rarity replied with a condescending attitude.

“You look like you did during that one montage where you were in Canterlot and almost chose those snobby stuck up rich ponies over your friends! You’re so cuuuute!”

She shrugged off the comment like it was nothing and just nodded. “If you so say, darling... But I need to get a few things. Would you be so kind as you help me find my room?”

Time to get the hell out of dodge.

Author's Note:

AH! There you are! A bit strapped for a chapter on this one, guys. Had school to catch up with.

As always; question, comments, concerns? Drop off below.