• Published 28th Oct 2012
  • 7,697 Views, 608 Comments

Waking up as Rarity. - TonydBrony



You ever wake up in someone elses shoes? I have, but this is ridiculous! Rated teen for langauge.

  • ...
39
 608
 7,697

Money Can't Buy Happiness

You know, if I was a smart person, I would assume that someone has been plotting against me this whole time. Maybe someone with an immense amount of power. Perhaps someone who has had it out for me from the beginning. Someone who can alter reality at a moment’s notice... Too bad I’m not a smart guy. That would make my trip a lot easier. Who knows? Maybe, just maybe, I’ll learn something when this shit storm is over.

By the time I knew what had happened to me, ropes were tightly wrapped around my limbs and were cutting into my coat; keeping me still. As badly as I wanted to freak out and scream, I just so happened to be gagged as well. So, all that left my mouth were a couple of confused grunts. It’s like the whole world just decided to yell a big “fuck you!” in my general direction. Ya know what? I’m pretty sure I had this one coming. I must have done something really messed up in a past life to get myself knee deep in shit. Again.

That doesn’t change the fact I felt like I just got off a Tilt-a-whirl at a cheap amusement park. My head was spinning violently and I kept seeing stars. Hell, I even have the post-rollercoaster nausea. Ya know, the bit where you feel like your brain and stomach switch places? Yeah. That one.

I look up, hoping to find out what the hell just happened. The once clear skies were filled with massive thunder clouds that loomed seemingly only a few feet away.

On an off topic note, I think see a bird.

“I’m sorry it has to be this way, buddy,” came Ryan’s voice through the haze of delirium. He sounded so far away. “And... I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me one day...”

I felt myself start to slump over and my vision was fading to pitch again as I fainted...

v^v^v^v

I regained consciousness again and I could only assume that I was thrown into the passenger seat of Ryan’s truck. Blinking, I glance upwards to see the red-haired devil at the wheel. He was so visibly disheveled. There were bags under his eyes and he was gripping the steering wheel a bit too tightly.

Tony, whatever you do, don’t think about those hands strangling the life out of you.

I grunted in surprise when I bumped my head against the passenger side door. Not out of pain, but out of shock to see the pitiful excuse of a unicorn looking back at me from the rearview mirror. Thick ropes were wrapped around my hooves and a rag was stuffed into my mouth, and a small gaudy black ring was set on my horn.

“Shush.” Ryan said in a forced calm voice. The voice that I thought of to be friendly and trusting. Now he was playing for the other team. I mean, what kind of bullshit is this? The truck’s engine roared once again and we were picking up speed.

In my silence, I can’t resist the urges to plot out how I will right this wrong. How I will get every drop of delicious revenge on this bastard. How I will laugh at him when he’s helpless and cannot defend himself such as I am n-

Tony, please stop thinking like that. You’re scaring me.

Well, you heard the lady. Now I have to think of nothing but gumdrops and rainbows until I meet my uncertain fate in a stupid truck that smells like day old cheetos. Well, I suppose it could be worse. I could be dead and in a ditch. Wait... Fuck. I’ve already sealed my fate.

“I really am sorry about this, man.” He pauses to flip off the static filled radio, “But.. I need to see her again.”

“Ooo?” I asked behind the gag, not really caring about his answer. Again, I squirm under the pressure of my bondage, which only fuels my sudden hatred for that red headed jerk. I don’t care what it is he wants; I’m not going to let him get away with this mutiny! This would be considered mutiny, right?

He sighed once again. “Remember when you told me to do whatever I have to do to get Jade back in my arms?”

“Ah, ut a-out i?” I replied quickly as I could feel my hind hooves start to get some slack. Maybe I could get out of this yet.

“Well, that’s what I’m doing.” Ryan says with an undertone filled with absolute regret. He glances down at me with an expression that matched his tone. “I’m sorry.”

I look away, trying to keep that burning coal of fury in my heart, but I can feel his pain, just by listening to him. Rarity has nothing to say, or add while I muse it over.

“Promise not to scream?” He finally asks after a minute or two more of driving.

I nod as he looks back at me, and he hesitates for a moment before undoing the gag so I can speak..

“There has to be another way.” I plead, but he just looks back to the road. “A compromise. Anything?”

“They have promised me a way to finally get my daughter back, and get my life in order. I can’t... Risk losing this chance. Everything happens for a reason, right? Maybe this will all work out, but I can’t keep struggling against a hopeless situation like this...” He mumbles, his shoulders drooping in defeat.

“Ryan, there’s gotta be...” I let the sentence go unfinished and bite my lip.

If it was Sweetie Belle... Rarity points out to me somberly. Not to excuse his actions, but it is somewhat understandable, if not just.

A cold ball of ice forms in my stomach and I look back to Ryan, catching his gaze. “Fine,” I mutter in defeat. “If this is the way it has to be, so be it.”

The rest of the ride is mostly in silence, as the truck rocks and rattles over less than friendly roadways, finally it squeaks to a stop outside of a large gate.

I can smell moisture in the air, not normal for this area of the midwest. I can also hear the splashing of water. Ryan gets out of the drivers seat and walks around to open my door, hefting me under his arm like a rag doll. I don’t bother struggling, but take the opportunity to look around. We are standing at the gate of a massive complex of buildings and gardens that I assume for a moment is a university or a hospital, before noticing a name on the wrought iron fence.

“Drendel”

The name means that this is a private residence. That means that this massive place belongs to a single person. I see a car driving up the winding path to meet us, right about the time I notice that the fence surrounds the entire place and is easily 12 feet tall, with guards posted along it’s length on the inside. Not good for a potential escape plan.

The gate opens and the sleek black car pulls up to us with the crunch of gravel under tire and the smell of hot rubber. A door opens, even though the car remains running, and a woman steps out.

For whatever reason, I had expected some burly bodyguard.

She is holding a suitcase in one hand and her other hand rests on her hip, just over a holster and pistol.

“I see you brought it.” She says, examining me at a distance.

“I’ve got a name, ya know,” I growl under Ryan’s arm.

Her gaze returns to me and she takes a step forward. “Fine. I see you brought Rarity. Our deal is still the same. Information making it simple and easy enough to regain custody of your child, bundled with ten thousand dollars cash.” She drones, still staring at me.


Ryan looks down at me again with a somber expression. “A deal’s a deal.” His gaze draws back to the woman and he starts to set me down. “I get my little girl and you get your pony.”

I meet the ground with a small puff of dust, my back against the ground.

The woman taps her fingers against the suitcase and looks as though she’s going to throw it. “Good. Now leave before the guards open fire on you for trespassing.”

The metal case sails through the air and strikes Ryan square in the chest. He scrambles to get a hold on it as he backs away, finally popping it open and looking inside before nodding and jumping into his truck. He takes off with a spray of gravel and dust, leaving me with the goon squad.

“I am the nanny.” The cold armed woman says as she leans down to look me in the eyes, my back still painfully digging into the gravel.

“You will refer to me as such, and you will act as though you are here of your own free will whenever you are in the presence of the child. Do you understand?”

“Yes ma’am.” I reply quickly, getting the feeling that my stay here is going to be a lot longer than I’m comfortable with.

“Good. Keep up your obedience and manners, and I may get you an actual bed to sleep on, instead of staying in the stable. Come along.” She cuts my bindings in a swift move with a knife I hadn’t seen her draw, and she turns towards the car.

I roll onto my hooves, taking a short moment to dust myself off before following the nanny. The way she walks is rather daunting. In fact, everything about this woman is horrifying.

She opens the back door to the car that I can now see is armored, letting me jump into the back seat, which is partitioned off from the front by thick glass. It is quite comfy and well air conditioned though.

“Take your last look at the outside world, Rarity. You might as well get it out of your system now.” She says coolly as she gets into the drivers seat and the car turns to pull back into the compound.

I look back through the tinted windows and as the massive gate closes behind the car. My hopes of escaping are washed away by the loud clang of the massive gate.

“Goodbye, freedom.” And with that cheesy attempt at a one liner, my life as a house pet began.