• Published 28th Oct 2012
  • 7,699 Views, 608 Comments

Waking up as Rarity. - TonydBrony



You ever wake up in someone elses shoes? I have, but this is ridiculous! Rated teen for langauge.

  • ...
39
 608
 7,699

Deja Vu

Hey, you ever wake up one day and just think that today is going to go great and nothing could go wrong? Yeah, I love those kind of days too. Especially when you’re bright eyed and bushy tailed by eight. Oh, I would like to point out that this is NOT how I started my day today. I mean, I could explain it to you right here and now, but where’s the fun in that?

As my eyes creaked open, I was greeted by a face full of fluff and a very dry throat. As my body twitched in response of ordering it to get moving, I heard and felt several loud pops of joints. “Ooooh.” I murmured as I began to regain the feeling in the powerful, yet dainty limbs.

How are you feeling today, Anthonie?

I let out a very loud, unprofessional groan and lifted my head up, to see that I was laying face down in a pillow. “Just peachy.” I grunted while hoisting myself on all four hooves. Once I was up, I made my way across the ridiculously large bed, bouncing more than walking. “Today is going to be wonderful! Mud bath treatment, massages, and pedicu- Wooaah ohh shit!!”

THWUMP!

Then I ran out of bouncy mattress.

“Ow.” I muttered as my face peeled from the carpet.

This isn’t your first day as a pony anymore, Tony. You can stop falling on your face.

Hey, that’s a good question; how many times have I fallen off of things? Four, right? Hey, someone go back and sit through my nightmare of a life again to find out.

“Dear Princess Celestia,” I started my decree, rising to my hooves once again. “I hate gravity... and oranges, sincerely, Anthonie.” As the words escaped my lips, I lazily dragged myself across the room, stopping at the window for a wonderful view of the city. A few cars were bustling through the small streets and a couple of pedestrians idly walked their daily routines. Then, through a haze of fatigue, I walked to the bathroom door.

Darling, if I may ask; why do you despise oranges so much?

The bathroom door clicked open. “Long story, don’t wanna talk about it.” I said quietly to the voice in my head as if it were no big deal. I sighed once more and craned my neck in the direction of the shower on the side of the wall. With a dopey smile, I dropped myself into the standing shower and with a kick, the hot water started spraying down, revitalizing my worn body. The fatigue and stress slowly faded from me as the droplets beat against my coat.

Are you enjoying yourself, Tony?

“Don’t ruin this for me, Rarity.” I replied, sullenly while magically squeezing a bottle of shampoo into my bedraggled mane. As I started lathering the soap into my mane, I felt myself styling it in all sorts of crazy ways, some that I didn’t even knew existed. Within mere seconds I was engulfed in a flurry of bubbles. The suds began to overflow in the standing shower and I was practically swimming on air! That lasted for about ten seconds right before the water turned from a relaxing heat, to a frigid ocean.

“Eee!”

Naturally, I squealed like a baby and jumped out of the shower and was standing on top of the toilet seat, cringing in fear. It also took me a good five minutes to stop hyperventilating before I took notice that I was no longer becoming a frozen marshmallow treat. After my little episode, I calmly stepped off of the porcelain throne and hastily galloped to the shower to turn off the freezing water.

Two...one... Bomb defused!

With yet another heavy sigh, I plopped down against the tile floors and was prominently smacked in the face by a wet, soapy mass of hair. “This is the worst day ever.” I grumbled, while struggling to keep the slick purple mane out of my eyes. Yet again, luck was not on my side today and all I managed to do was make it a frizzy mess.

Tony, it was funny the first few times, but this is getting redundant. Can’t you... I don’t know, think rationally for a moment? We can’t simply worry about our mane all day every day, no matter how much you people seem to think that is my life.

The sarcasm, it dripped. Also the aforementioned mane. My eyes started to sting from being in direct contact with shampoo and I had to levitate a towel around my head to prevent any further burning. “Hey, it’s not my fault you are a die hard fashionista. What do you expect us to think?” I said while rubbing another towel on my face.

It is quite judgemental though, I mean, I have to worry about my tail as well.

I stare at the bathroom wall for a moment. “Sarcasm?”

Sarcasm.

“Right! so, I still need a shower, or should we go to the spa and let them deal with it?” I ask, trying to squeegee wet hair into the tub between my hooves.

Let the masseuse and hair stylists handle it, you deserve a break.

I smile, standing a bit taller. “Well thank you, I suppose I do, don’t I?” I said as I wrapped my mane in a towel and trotted out of the ruined bathroom into the bedroom.

You’ve been to a spa before, right? It’s wonderful, I’ll tell you that much.

“You already know I haven’t, brain magic and whatnot. If I weren’t a fabulous mare, I still wouldn’t.” I smirk, grabbing ahold of my new government issued wallet along with my meager belongings.

My bedroom door clicked open and I made my way down the hall to the elevator. And of course, having a height handicap wasn’t helping me in my efforts in trying to press the down button. Eventually, I just mashed my wallet against the button with my magic until it lit up.

DING!

The reflective elevator doors slid open, showcasing an empty room, waiting for my arrival. I gladly sauntered into the elevator, tucking my wallet away as I did so. I glanced upwards to the multiple glowing buttons, taking note that the first floor button was within reach of my white hooves. “Well, that’s a nice change for once.” I smiled and clicked the button. “No need for any over complicated plots to click a button. It makes my life much easier.”

As I gradually descended the twenty three floors of the massive hotel, I pondered my ragged reflection in the elevator mirror. I make a clean run all the way down to the ground floor without any stops to any other floors, lucky me.

Majestically, the doors slid open and I didn’t hesitate to make my way happily across the reception room, pushing through the double doors that led to the five star spa.

The door greeter looked down to me with a mix of amusement and surprise. “Um... hi!”

“Hello to you as well, Ma’am. I believe I have reservations for an eight o’ clock appointment? Under the name Rarity Belle.”

“Certainly! You are our first pony customer, this way.” She led me to the check in desk. “So it will be just a ten minute wait, one of the other customers made a fuss and slowed the whole spa down, is that okay?” She asks nervously, as though I could say it wasn’t.

“Oh, that’s not a problem. I can keep myself busy for now. Thank you.” I replied curtly, nodding.

I was taken to a waiting room which held only a single woman with short black hair who seemed to be extremely interested in her purse, since she had simply been staring at it in her lap since I walked in.

I trotted over silently, taking a seat two chairs from her. My eyes explored the room, taking in what few details it could. Rose red walls, a few creme chairs and a few fashion magazines were scattered about on a table. “How nice.” I said aloud, not meaning to break the silence.

The woman almost dropped her purse, fumbling with it before putting it back on her lap and looking up to me almost in shock. “Um... yeah.” She mumbled awkwardly.

“Oh! I’m sorry, Ma’am.” I quickly dropped to the floor, picking up a photo that fell from her purse, holding it up to her in the sparkling blue aura.

She looked to it, blushed furiously, and grabbed it before stuffing it back into her purse. At the last moment I caught a glimpse of a photoshopped scene of herself and I at a park. It is really odd to consider that my likeness is available on the internet to that degree.

I felt a blush take over my face and put a hoof to my face to cover it. “Umm.. Hi, I’m Rari- I’m Tony.” I said sheepishly, correcting myself to remind myself of who I am.

“My name is Alecia... Nice to meet you... Tony.” She said, holding out a hand but not meeting my eyes.

I cringed at her name, but met her hand with a hoof. “It’s a pleasure, Alecia.”

She shook my hoof and then we sat quietly for a moment. She ended up breaking the silence. “I’m so sorry, I just... I didn’t mean to seem creepy, I’ll go...” She whimpered, before standing to walk towards the exit.

“Aw, don’t go. If you do, then I’ll be all lonely.” I pouted, trying to bring her back.

She stopped for a moment and looked back hopefully. “Um... Are you sure? I don’t want to be... to be that type of person I’m sure you don’t want to deal with...”

I stifled a single laugh before looking up at her. “Listen Sweetheart, you’re not some fruitcake named Alonso, so I’m sure you and I can get along. And there is no way I’m going to let you spend one hundred and seventy bucks to walk away, okay?”

She blushed at the mention of the money, but came back and sat down. “You sure? I... I just had that picture made for fun... I didn’t mean anything by it...”

I jumped up into a chair next to her. “Yeah, it’s fine. After all, it’s not like you went out out and bought five Pinkie Pie shirts, a keychain and toy in the same day.” I admitted, giggling. “So what’s a photo shopped picture of Rarity compared to that? I don’t mind.”

She smiled sheepishly. “So.. Rarity’s counterpart likes Pinkie Pie?” She asked with a giggle.

I turned my head very slowly to Alecia, narrowing my eyes at her. “I. Love. Pinkie Pie.”

She held up her hands, looking scared. “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to offend you or... or...”

The muscles in my face turned from a frown into a smile and I couldn't hold back my laughter any longer. “Oh, don’t worry about it darling. After all, Tony can be a bit... eccentric.” I smiled apologetically. “I am terribly sorry for his misbehavior. He’s been around a few too many high sprung individuals, you see.”

Her fear faded as soon as I started imitating Rarity. Decent job, too. “Oh, okay. I was wondering, what happened to your mane?”

My eyes shot upwards to the tangled, wet mess. “I was caught in a storm yesterday. Horrible thing, really. I just haven’t found the time to straighten, curl or return it to it’s natural beauty.”

Have you ever considered being a me impersonator? You’re doing a wonderful job at it. Rarity jeered, layering her words with sarcasm.

“Oh, that is just horrible!” Alecia said, putting a hand to her mouth with not a hint of sarcasm. “Well, at least you’ll have it all cleaned soon, I have to say you got the best pony.”

“Why thank you, Alecia! What a wonderful thing of you to say. I couldn’t agree with you more.” I said, raising my snout up a bit. “I do hope they have a decent hair stylist though.”

“I’ve come here before, I used to have longer hair and they were great.” she gushed, scooting closer in her chair. “They have dedicated hair stylists and they massage your scalp, its so wonderful.”

“That sounds heavenly!” I exclaimed, putting a hoof on the armrest next to her.

Alecia looked like she was going to say something but the doorperson poked her head in. “They are ready for the both of you, sorry about the wait.”

I held a hoof out to Alecia. “Shall we, darling?”

Her face lit up as though I had told her I was coming home with her. “Of course!” She took my hoof in hand and we made our way to the spa proper.

v^v^v^v^v^v

Several hours of pampering later, Alecia and I were side by side in two salon chairs having our hair styled, trimmed, and moisturized.

The tall tan and handsome fellow behind me who was massaging my scalp was doing a wondrous job. “You’ve got magic fingers, Jose.” I said in a spark of ecstasy. “You were right, Alecia. This is amaaaazing.”

The man simply smiles as the foamy shampoo works its way through my mane. “Thank you so much for convincing me to stay.” Alecia says happily as her own hair stylist starts rinsing hers.

“Oh, I couldn’t have sat through that boring mud bath without you, dear.” I reply as Jose, in all his glory, spins me around and starts rinsing my mane out.

“I thought for sure you’d think I was a weirdo because of that picture...”

I snort once and turn my head in her direction. “Are you kidding? At least you aren’t trying to kill me.”

“Someone tried to kill you?!” She gasped. “That’s terrible!”

I shrug with a smirk. “Oh, it was horrible! I hope to never revisit such a trauma inducing memory as such ever again!” I put a hoof to my forehead, adding effect. “I would never wish a fate like so upon anyone!”

“You mean anypony, right?” She asked with a small smile. “You don’t have to act just for me, Tony, but thank you for it anyway...”

I groan. “Am I really that bad at impersonating Rarity?” I ask, hanging my head shame.

“No! no, I just... I’ve watched a lot more My Little Pony than anyone really should... So I figured it out, but most people wouldn’t know... I just don’t want you to feel that you have to...” She said.

Our chairs are spun around once more as our stylist began to dry our hair. “It’s fu-uh-uh-un to impersonate a fashionista.” I say as my head is no longer being violently shaken by a sexy Mexican with a towel.

I wonder if you are impersonating me, or really thinking that? Either way, color me amused.

“Shut up Rarity...” I mumble to myself as Jose switches to a blow dryer.

“What was that?” Alecia asks curiously.

“Huh? Oh, it’s nothing.” I say without looking over to her. “Just talking to myself is all.”

“You can talk to Rarity?” She squealed excitedly. “Ohmygoshohmygosh! Does she think I am weird for having a picture of her in my wallet?”

“Well, do you?” I question mentioned pony quizzitively.

Darling, I would have a picture of myself in my purse if I could. Poor dear may be a bit obsessive, but as harmless as Scootaloo is to Rainbow Dash.

I looked back to Alecia, smiling. “You’re like her Scootaloo. Its cute, harmless and she’d carry around a picture of herself if she could.”

Alecia giggled. “Thank you Rarity.”

Sadly the spa visit couldn’t go on forever, and finally we both were standing at the exit.

“Well, um... It was great to meet you.” She said quietly.

“Likewise, Alecia.” I grinned up to her. “Wanna take a picture to commemorate this moment so you never forget it?” I asked with a grin ear to ear.

She gasped again and pulled aside a random stranger to take a picture of her with her arm around my neck. “Thank you thank you thank you!” She gushed, looking between me and the camera.

I put on Rarity’s signature duck face for the second time, hugging Alecia. “Now you can show it off to all the other bronies who haven’t met me. Rub it in their face for me.”

“Oh, I don’t know any other bronies.” She said with a shrug, hugging me again. “Thank you so much.”

The camera flashed, freezing the moment in time forever, leaving a very happy closet brony, a weirded out stranger, and a smiling Tony. I waved goodbye to Alecia, waving her a kiss in a silly fashion. “Have a wonderful day, Alecia!”

She waved back, walking down the boulevard, smiling happily. I sat outside the hotel for several minutes before she left my field of view. The air around me sent a chill down my spine and I ran back inside the warm hotel. My night at the hotel was spent, but I think I will leave when it’s a little bit warmer outside...

Author's Note:

Questions, comments, concerns?