• Published 28th Oct 2012
  • 7,697 Views, 608 Comments

Waking up as Rarity. - TonydBrony



You ever wake up in someone elses shoes? I have, but this is ridiculous! Rated teen for langauge.

  • ...
39
 608
 7,697

Trust Me!

I think I’m afraid. Actually, I’ve been thinking about a lot of things recently. I’ve been thinking mostly about my life about a week ago. Back when I was just Tony, that really tall guy who likes to make people laugh, play video games and read a story about a group of bronies leading a reconnaissance through equestria. Yeah, that used to be me.

Now that way of life for me is dead.

I’ve been chosen for some crazy greater purpose. One I really don’t think I’m ready for. The weight of the world rests on my shoulders and it scares me shitless! Countless lives depend on my courage to take a stand, but I feel like a sniveling coward. Every second I just want to close my eyes and wish this all away.

But I can’t..

Sure, I could run away, but what good would that do? None. I would be killing thousands of innocent people who deserve no such demise.

But what about me?

I always put other’s needs before my own. I always have, my whole life.

Do I enjoy the pain of bearing the sufferings of others? Do I crave the accomplishment?

Even after all this is over and Discord is defeated, I won’t be who I was. I’ll barely be myself.

Is this my fate?

To give up almost everything I’ve worked for my whole life just so the world can keep spinning on a needle?

As I sit alone in the recesses of my mind, I clutch my knees to my chest and cry.

I cry for friends I have come to love over the years. I sob for the family that has kept me safe through the span of my short life. I weep for myself, because if I can’t be brave, I lose them all.

I can feel every ghastly tear stream down my face, every droplet taunting me and proving my cowardice. My courage; only a shroud I wear to feel loved.

It’s literally do or die now.

My jaw clenches and sweat forms at my brow.

I can’t do this alone.

But I know I’m not alone.

Rarity has been sitting back to back with me this whole time.

How much has she had to give up? How many tears has she hidden from me?

“I’m s-sorry.” I stutter through the tears. “I’m sorry for being weak.”

I can feel her putting some pressure against my back, but she’s not crying.

“I’m sorry for being stupid,” I continue with every desire to stop the tears that flow freely from my face.

A long silence surrounds us like a thick fog and neither of us say anything for several moments.

“We’ve been through alot, you and I.” She finally says with little emotion in her words. “We’ve both been taken from our lives as we knew them. But I ripped you from your life and forced you into this psychotic adventure.” She says sorrowfully.

“It’s not your fault.” I mumble. “So let’s not play the blame game and face facts.”

I lean back against Rarity and she sighs.

“And what are they?” She asks.

“We have the potential to do many great things.” I propose wearily, a vague positive at best.

“Well, yes I’ve known this since I met you.” She muses weakly.

She gets up and I slowly start tipping back.

“Do you not trust me?”

“Of course I trust you Rarity.” I reply, still tipping.

“Do you trust me to catch you?”

“I’m pretty heavy.” I say with a smirk.

“Well, I do have magic you know.” She replies as I reach the tipping point of no return.

“Enough magic to hold me up?”

“Well, friendship is magic, is it not?” She snickers as I fall backwards and am caught in a blue glow and set down gently.

“Oh ha ha ha.” I say sarcastically and crane my neck to look up at her. “I’ve trusted you from the start Rarity. Ever since you first started talking to me, I knew we were in this together, but...” I soon trail off as my thoughts return to the possibility of losing my family.

“It’s all or nothing Tony.” She says and holds one of her hooves in front of my face. “What was the name of that game you played? Poker? Yes, I do believe that’s it.” She grins and pulls me up to my knees.

“And what does that have to do with anything?”

“You remember that night, about two weeks ago when you were playing poker with your colleagues?”

“Well yeah, I won big that ni- Hey! Have you been snooping through my memories again?”

“Maybe, but that’s not the point.” She returns with calm features as I let go of her hoof. “The point is that you and I, we’re going all in. Okay?” She smiles, but suddenly turns into a grimace. “I swear to Celestia if you take that the wrong way I WILL smack you.”

I put my hands in front of my face defensively and try my best to not giggle. “I get it, I get it. Now, how does that solve our problem?”

“That’s just is, daaaahling. We don’t have a problem. At least, shortly we won’t. This whole mixing of personalities and memories will finish and... and I suppose I'll have to get used to being a bit more uncouth than before.” She says with a wry smile.

“Okay, so we are.. Fusing, right?” I ask with rising panic.

“Yes, this is correct.”

“What about me? Will I still be able to think?”

“As much as I am capable of doing so.” She giggles and bops me on the leg with a hoof. “You may just get smarter!”

“And what about you? What will happen to you?”

She gasps dramatically. “Well, I dare say I may get dumber.” She rolls her eyes. “We aren't dying. We aren’t leaving, we are becoming one. I am pretty sure this is your sort of humor anyway.” she huffs with a smile she can’t hide. “Me getting the raw end of the deal already.”

I clasp my hands to my face and gasp in sarcastic horror. “Oh nooo! The seamstress is having to deal with a neanderthal like me. Whatever shall we do?” I fein a fall to my right and catch myself on one hand. “Are you upset because the travel accommodations aren’t meeting high standards? Or did you chip a hoof?” I say with fake sincerity and an alligator smile.

Man, if I didn’t have a good sense of humor, this wouldn’t be going so well.

Rarity falls over laughing, rolling on the ground a bit until she finally gasps a few breaths to steady herself. “You have no idea how many times I have chipped a hoof, its not a laughing matter! But I do hope you see the point to this all, dear. We aren’t losing anything. We just have to ride this out.”

“And kick Discord in his draconequus ass.” I add.

“Oh especially that, if there is one complaint I have of him as a fashionista, he is impossible to design an ensemble for. No way to color coordinate that mess.” she says, sticking a tongue out in distaste.

The familiar feeling of a grin curling up on my lips falls over me. “I could draw a better work of art than him with a crayon.” I laugh at the thought and throw one of my hands out to Rarity. “Time to stop wasting time and put our money where our mouth is.”

Author's Note:

I am alive! Sorry for this chapter being so late! I really am! I had all sorts of crazy stuff going on IRL. Well, back to work!

Note: I wrote this chapter in about 45 minutes.