• ...
 2
 716

Chapter 5: Night-Time Reflections.

My Little Ponies: Friendship is Magic belongs to Hasbro and Lauren Faust.

Original Characters belongs to me.

Chapter 5: Night-Time Reflections.

The sun was beginning to set when Rarity left. Windie resumed her ‘talk’ with Sefarina, while Chrono continued to wait on Twilight as she went through the reports and processed her findings. Soon, the lavender unicorn let out a soft yawn, prompting Chrono to get up and persuade Twilight rest up for the night. As much as the lavender unicorn insisted that she’s not tired, the additional pressure placed by Windie and Spike made her gave up her insistance, thus Twilight wearily stomped up the stairs to the bedroom, with her two guests behind her. The ginger pegasus took the chance to get cleaned up in the bathroom, with much censored cursing and swearing at his unfamiliarity in cleaning up without having fingers. Fortunately Windie was at hoof to help him in ‘air-drying’ his soaking wet body, much to Sefarina’s annoyance. Twilight, even though she could not see or hear the conversation, from Windie's muzzle expressions showed the emerald maned unicorn was pretty much in control...

"How are the boys holding up downstairs?" Windie asked as she exited the bathroom, feeling refreshed after the shower. Twilight broke off from her trance and looked down where Chrono and Spike was, "Have a look yourself," Twilight giggled weakly. Indeed, the ginger pegasus and little dragon was chatting animatedly as Windie looked down from bedroom section, “Looks like they are having a good time.” Windie giggled and settled down on the soft floor mat beside her. The lavender unicorn had discarded the robe and exchanged for a blanket, which she bundled herself with to keep warm. Twilight enjoyed the extra company, but slightly uncomfortable with the presence of a higher being around her.

"Windie, is Lady Sefarina unhappy that she is being bound to you?" Twilight asked while levitating a bowl of warm soup to Windie. Apparently Spike had left them a tray with two bowls of soup and six apples, so that the duo should not need to venture to the lower floor for food anytime soon.

“Initially she was upset, however we decided to call a truce until we meet up with one of the Princesses for a solution.” Windie accepted the bowl, “Right now, she’s pretty much curious in everything we are doing right now.” She began to take small sips with the spoon provided.

“Even the way we eat?” Twilight continued her question, getting a nod from the emerald maned unicorn, “I suppose she should be, since an Elemental Lord could not be bound and they only hear stories and experiences from other elementals.” She too began to take sips of soup from her bowl, “I wonder whether its possible for me to actually talk to her without casting the spell?”

Windie pondered as she mentally conversed with the Elemental Lord. Soon, a mischevious grin was forming on the her muzzle as the plan was being worked out. She glanced at Twilight, noted that the lavender unicorn had went into another trance, probably in deep thought. Windie edged close, carefully not to startle her unicorn friend, and subtlety tapped her blunt horn tip at the side of Twilight’s horn, sharing her Elemental Sight spell with the latter.

The slight surge of magic energy broke Twilight from her trance. Shaking her head to clear her mind, she had her suspicions and turned to look at Windie, who was ‘innocently’ enjoying her soup. Mentally sweeping away her suspicions, she turned back to finish up her soup when she noticed a little green half pony, half eagle spirit swimming in it.

“Do you know you are my very best.... err... royal subject?” It commented, looking up at Twilight with beady eyes. The lavender unicorn went blank for a second or so before squealing out in surprise and magically tossed the bowl out of the open window, not before Windie recovered it, togther with the soup contents. Sefarina was writhing in laughter as Twilight stared at the little green sprite in shocked and confusion. The lavender unicorn stiffly turned to Windie, muttering, “She... how... what?” Windie shrugged as she put aside the bowls, trying to hold back a giggle, and replied, “The Lady Sefarina insisted that you should meet her, even though you are the crazy purple mare who tried to ‘attack’ her first ‘royal subject’... ohh Celestia...” The cream pelt unicorn felt foalish saying it, thus face-hoofing herself before falling to her side laughting softly.

Realising she had been pranked upon, Twilight rolled her eyes and sighed, then staring at the still gigging elemental, who did not look intimidating at all, “Lady Sefarina, it is an honour to meet an Elemental Lord like yourself among us ponies...”

Sefarina hurriedly composed herself and positioned herself in a regal manner, “Lady Sefarina is glad that the crazy purple mare wishes an audience... what does the crazy purple mare wish to know?”

Twilight eyelid was twitching with annoyance at Sefarina, but she kept her cool, “My name is Twilight Sparkles, Personal Student of Princess Celestia, one of the Elements of Harmony, and Librarian for Ponyville Library.” She paused, eyeing the elemental, “If Princess Celestia was to appear before you, how do you react?"

The reply came quick from Sefarina, "Mutual. We don't bow to anyone unless they are the creators of the world."

"You mean the Princesses were not involved in the creation?"

"They only manage the sun and the moon, nothing else. And from my recollection, I believe Equestria was founded by the three species of ponies, not them." The elemental smirked on seeing Twilight being outplayed, "And technically, Lady Sefarina was around even before Equestria was founded. Those Windigoes were a handful! Them rogue wind spirits fed on fighting and hatred, creating eternal snow and cold in regions of conflicts. Even when Lady Serfarina and her brothers and sisters chased them away, they would come back again and again."

"So... there will be times an elemental lord will be weak and useless..." Twilight quipped back.

"We may grow weak, but not useless," Sefarina snorted in the most possible regal manner, "The creators made sure that all four elements had to be present everywhere, or the world will end." She glared at the large lavender pony before her, "So what are you trying to ascertain Twilight Sparkler, the crazy purple mare?"

Twilight's eyelid twitched again, "Trying to confirm I'm talking to the real deal here, not some elemental lord wannabe. And my name is Twilight Sparkles, not crazy purple mare." She could hear a snicker coming from the emerald mane unicorn beside her.

"You should be glad my number one royal subject persuaded me not to bring my wrath down, or your tree house gets uprooted by my tornado, causing much unhappiness to my earthern brother, or sister, Twilight Sparkley, the crazy lavender mare." Sefarina nodded with a grin, only to be caught by the now annoyed librarian's telekinesis. She tried to pry herself free, but the magical grab became tighter, "Meep! Lady Sefarina requests aid from her royal subject... please?!"

"Meh... you have just annoyed the most powerful unicorn in Equestria... I can't help you on this..." Windie replied without a care, munching on an apple she had taken up from the tray.

"Uhh..." The elemental was now muttering as she looked up at the very annoyed and crossed face of her captor, "Nice purple mare? Twilight Sparklie... err Sparkie? wait hold on... All-Sparks? Meep!"


Meanwhile, the boys had set up their little get together corner, with both Chrono’s mattress and Spike’s basket placed side by side within close by safe proximity of the fireplace. The little dragon had also brought down his stacks of graphic novels, also known as comics to be shared with his sleepover buddy, who was flipping over the pages of the first book he could place his hooves on.

“Whoever drew these must be a genius!” Chrono squealed almost in a fan boy manner, “And I thought there are only books filled with text in Equestria.”

“Twilight never like them, thus you never see these babies on the shelves,” Spike replied with a laugh, “Anyways these are my private collection. So far I’ve only shared them with Rainbow Dash during one of the girls’ sleepover.”

“Apparently, some mare didn’t like doing girly stuff,” Chrono chuckled, “She sounds like an interesting pony to meet.” He picked up a comic titled ‘Bat-mane’, “What is she like?”

“Brash and loud, who can’t sit still without anything to do.” The purple dragon shrugged, “Has a large ego to boot and loves challenges...” Spike glared at the ginger pegasus, “Windie was right! She knew you would ask me about Twilight’s friends.”

“It’s something to talk about, right?” Chrono glared back with a grin as he put down the comic, “And I was about to touch on Rarity next, are you interested or not?” Spike’s glare changed from a slight wary to immediate interest, quickly sitting beside the pegasus. “Talk about quick turn around.” Chrono chuckled and continued, “What’s your crush level on that sophisticated unicorn?"

Spike cheeks went red from the question, "To get her attention and acknowledgement... and maybe more?"

"I believe you got her attention and acknowledgement all right, still, I did say earlier that you are a dragon, she's a pony..." The ginger pegasus brought a hoof over the little dragon's shoulder, "Be appreciative on what she gave you, and not ask for more."

"Gee, you sound like a professional love relationship consultant. Are you sure your talent is only on time manipulation?"

Chrono paused and pondered abit, "Hmm, it's weird how these ideas came popping into my head every now and then..." He scratched his head with a sheepish grin, "Because I'm the Mystery Pony!" He hailed, chuckling out, "So we have covered Rarity and Rainbow Dash, who shall we discuss about next?"

Spike wondered just for a moment, "How about Mystery Pony Number Two?" Both pony and dragon looked up at the emerald mane unicorn, who was giggling at Twilight's frustrated antics, who possibly had made contact with something invisible.

"She's a Mystery Pony all right, just like me... except that she's an unicorn." The ginger pegasus chuckled with a nod, "Nosey, loves to make fun of other ponies..."

"Touché Chrono, Touché..." Windie's voice echoed in his head, causing him to look back up, noting the smirk on the cream pelted unicorn's face.

"Anyways," He coughed, resuming his analysis, "She's easy going, very observant, too helpful at times." Chrono took a glance up, noting that Windie's ears are perked, trying to listen in what's being conversed below.

"So... do you have a crush on her... like what you had with Fluttershy?" Spike, causing the ginger pegasus to sputter in surprise, Fortunately the latter was not having a drink at the moment.

"I'm... not sure... so far we have been mutual with one another due to the common situation we are in, and I'm not complaining... though she can be rather cute when embarrassed." Chrono grinned, managed to catch a glimpse of a blushing unicorn before being smacked in the face by a magically thrown pillow, falling sideways onto the mattress, "Gah! And thanks for the extra pillow." He waved a hoof, with Spike joining him in laughter.


Author's Note: Writer's Block got me again for this chapter, causing delays. Finally finished this though. Will be alternating this with another story I am doing.

Before bed discussions and discoveries.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment