• ...
 2
 718

Chapter 2: Contact with the Element of Magic.

My Little Ponies: Friendship is Magic belongs to Hasbro and Lauren Faust.

Original Characters belongs to me.

Chapter 3: Contact with the Element of Magic.

“Cool! She knows teleportation!” Chrono turned to Windie with an excited look, “Can you teleport as well?” Windie shook her head slowly, “Uhh… okay… sorry I asked…”

“… I can somehow control the wind… if that is what you want to know.” The unicorn replied, not much confidence on her magic.

“That’s cool as well! Can you like, create a tornado?” Chrono exaggerated his inquiry, which Windie caught on and replied with a mischievous, yet evil look, “I can try, but if Ponyville is destroyed, will you take responsibility?”

Chonro sweatdropped and shook his head in return, “Hehe... ahh… Let’s find a place to rest for the night. I do recall seeing an inn while I was walking pass the street...” He changed the subject, hoping she will not pursue the matter, fortunately.

“We could, but I would like to settle something first…”

“Hohoo, first day in Ponyville and you’ve hooked up with a mare. You are pretty good!” Chrono recognized the voice, turned to Windie, then back to the two ponies that had approached them.

“She’s just somepony I’ve just acquainted with. We have not gone that far yet!” He exclaimed with a slight blush, seeing the grins from Lyra and Bon Bon.

“Wow… somepony is popular…” Windie replied nonchalantly, “Instead of one mare, he snagged total of three!” The two ponies did look familiar to her as if she had seen them before.

“Et tu Windie?!” Chrono groaned, facehoofing, his cheeks now turning red, causing the cream pelt unicorn to giggle. The giggle was contagious, and soon the other two girls were giggling as well, even though they did not understand what Chrono had uttered.

“So, how do you meet this stud? Did he just gloomped on both of you while asking for directions?” Windie winked at Lyra and Bon Bon, hoping they catch her drift.

“Nah, he’s just caught our attention, and tried his best to look very lost when he stepped into the park.” Lyra replied with a laugh, catching the Windie's intentions, while Bon Bon facehoofed, knowing this might not end well if played wrongly.

“If I have hands with fingers right now, I would have tickled you silly…” Chrono growled with annoyance, holding up a hoof and tried to prod the cream pelt unicorn, who sidestepped with a giggle. Some choice words had come into mind, but somehow he was unable to say it, "Just to sidetrack, have both of you settled your disagreements?"

“Ohh, I have those once, thanks to the Poison Joke Plant.” Lyra held up a hoof, “Now that you mentioned it, I kinda missed them appendages…” She whirled her hoof about, as if trying to prove they were once there, "We are always disagreeing on things, but we always compromise." Lyra chuckled, nudging her earth pony partner.

“They were ugly Lyra… hooves are much better.” Bon Bon rolled her cyan eyes and sighed, ignoring the nudging, “You are lucky Twilight knew Zecora well, or you would be stuck with them... fingers.”

“Ohh, you girls know Twilight Sparkle?” Wind cut in on the mention of the lavender unicorn's name, “Do you know where she stays?”

“Duh… everyone in Ponyville know Twilight. She’s Princess Celestia’s student as well as the town’s resident librarian.” Lyra pointed west, where they could see a large tree house, “That’s the library as well as her home.”

“Well, Derpy dropped a letter addressed to Twilight while delivering mine, so I decided to help her out since I’m coming here.” Windie pulled out a sealed scroll with her magic, “Thank you again Lyra, Bon Bon…” Their name just popped into her mind as she spoke, which surprised her mentally.

“Ponies helped one another!” Lyra smiled, not really concerned how Windie had known her name, as Bon Bon decided to leave her mare friend behind, “Anyways, I’ll be going now. Somepony is getting impatient.” The mint coated unicorn gave a quick nod before running off to catch up with her partner.

“They are rather cute together.” Chrono shrugged with a grin as the ponies left, “Do you want to head there now? Or wait until tomorrow?” He turned to Windie as she waved them good bye.

“Better be today than tomorrow. Who knows what important contents this letter holds…”

“It’s not that far anyways… I’ll accompany you there, but I’ll not step inside…” The dark brown maned pegasus gave her a heads up.

“Thanks, Chrono…” The cream coated unicorn nodded as they head to the tree house.

The library was literally a house built into a large tree. The magical thing was the tree itself was still very much alive with healthy thick foliage of leaves on every sturdy branches. Windie went up to the door and rapped it with her hoof.

“Coming,” A voice was heard. As the door opened, it was not a pony that poked its head out. Rather, a small purple-green dragon as he looked at the two ponies standing at the door, “Can I help you with something?

“I have a letter from Twilight Sparkles.”

“Strange… Twilight seldom gets mail by hoof,” The little dragon accepted the letter, “Thanks!” He examined the seal on the scroll, “This is rather familiar… where had I seen this…” His eyes widened and ran in.

Soon a purple pelt unicorn with a streak of violet and pink on her mane appeared at the doorway, “Evening, I never expect a message from a Princess by hoof.”

“The mail mare was supposed to deliver this to you today, but it fell out of her saddlebag… wait… this letter was from a Princess?” Windie looked surprised at Twilight, noting the cutie mark of a purple star surrounded by a group of smaller white stars.

“That’s weird… why did Princess Luna ask Derpy to deliver this mail?” She pondered aloud, then looking back at the duo, “Erm… maybe you two should come inside. It’s not nice for me to leave you two stranded outside… Ohh yes, I’m Twilight Sparkles by the way and the little dragon is Spike.”

“It’s actually okay Twilight, we were heading back to the inn to rest for the night, and my friend here d0 not like libraries. Unless you really insisted...” Windie grinned as Chrono turned around to prod her with a ‘what are you trying to do’ face.

“Its fine, I know a friend who cannot stay long cooped up in here either.” Twilight chuckled, “How about I treat you both a drink? I believe you must be thirsty from the long trip.”

“Invitation accepted!” Windie smiled as she nudged the pegasus to follow, “I’m Windie Breeze, and this is…” She nudges him further, “… Chrono Breaker.” At first he refused to enter, but after some coaxes and more nudging, he reluctantly crossed the doorway into the library.

“I can’t believe I got coaxed into coming into the library…” Chrono winced as he was being nudged in by the emerald maned unicorn by the horn.

“Relax Chrono… There’s nothing to be afraid of!” Windie finally got him in and closed the door behind them. Twilight was clearing the books off the table, stacking them against the wall, her magic pulsing as books were dispatched from the floor to be piled neatly with the rest.

“Sorry about the mess, been busy reorganizing the library.” Twilight ushered them to the stools. Soon the dragon re-entered from the kitchen, carrying a tray of drinks, placing them on the table, “Thanks Spike.” She levitated a cup to Chrono, accepting it easily with his hooves, “So Chrono, why are you afraid coming to the library?

“No offence Twilight, I like books, it just that I had an accident when I was a colt in a library way bigger than this.” He took a sip of the warm drink, “This is not bad!” He praised, his fears forgotten.

“Made from the best apples grown in Sweet Apple Acres,” Twilight took a sip, enjoying the tingling sensation as it flowed down her throat.

“That’s AJ’s farm! Is she a friend of yours as well?” Windie asked cheerfully as she took a sip from her cup, “Mmm… this is great!”

“Ohh, so you’ve meet Applejack.” The lavender unicorn coughed and tried to imitate the orange earth pony’s accent, “Ah friend of Applejack is ah friend of mine.”

Chrono almost choked on his drink while Windie giggled, “Almost there Twilight, but her southern accent was much more pronounced.”

“I know!” The purple unicorn grinned as she floated the sealed letter towards her, “Now to see why Princess Luna had to be so… ‘discreet’…”

Luna's Letter

“At least her cancellations were lesser this time.” Twilight snickered as she passed the now opened letter to Chrono and Windie to read, “What do you think?”

Chrono pondered, “I came from the south, but I don’t feel that I have any special abilities… other than having some weird conversations with Lyra and Bon Bon earlier about fingers. Windie read it as well, shaking her head, agreeing with Chrono.

“Let’s continue with them tomorrow. I believe you two are tired from the journey, how about staying a night here?” Twilight suggested.

“We don’t wish to impose on you…” The ginger pelt pegasus looked at the books around them, “But if it saves us bits, I do not mind.”

“We can help you to sort out the books as returning the favor.” Windie finished her drink and headed over to a pile of books, “Just tell us what to do.”

“Thank you, both of you! I’m glad to get some extra help. Spike had been grumbling non-stop that we won’t be able to finish it by tonight.”

“Shall we begin then? I’m sure with proper supervisions, this can be done by tonight.” Chrono got up and looked at the shelves, hoping they would not fall after filled with books…


Author's Note: This chapter took me a while since I got to juggle my job as well as putting aside time to write. I also proof-read several times, correcting my language as well as fleshing out parts of the content which I felt were weak. Hope you enjoy this chapter.

Lyra and Bon Bon interrupted! Meeting of Twilight and Spike. What Twilight was up to? Check out in the next chapter!