• Published 19th Oct 2012
  • 1,272 Views, 21 Comments

Day After Day - The philosopher



She's loved him for some time now. His deep, gentle voice, his figure, his patience, and he was jus

  • ...
3
 21
 1,272

Day After Day

She's loved him for some time now. His deep, gentle voice, his figure, his patience, and he was just so nice to her. Caramel has had a special place in the yellow pegasus' heart for years now.

Day after day Fluttershy would watch him, afraid to approach him as if he was stricken with the plague. And yet, the magnetism of two lovers would always called to her to be at his side, her head pressed against the comforting warmth of his chest.

He was sitting alone now, at a table outside the Cafe. The calm morning breeze brushed against his mane perfectly, creating a portrait that Fluttershy could watch in awe for eternity.

Of course, she didn't stare at him as he admired Celestia's morning, she was far more subtle. Gingerly the yellow pegasus would walked down the street, as if she were an anonymous passerby.

She must have been a passerby at least fifty times now.

And for fourty days, no less. It hurt Fluttershy every time he didn't look her way, everytime he didn't see her and invite her to sit with him. It hurt her everytime she would walk pass the Cafe.

The birds were singing their ballads of summer romance that July morning, and the sun shined brightly like gold. The wind passed through Fluttershy's soft pink mane and echoed its orders into her ears.

"Go to him now," it commanded.

The message excited her, and yet frightened her gravely. Could she tell him? Could she admit to him that she loved him? That she had loved him ever since the day she met him? She started to cry. The day she met him...that was the day she should have told him, the day he saw her in the forest, the day he walked with her through every street of ponyville, introducing her to the lovely city and the even lovelier residents. If not that day, then she should have told him the day he offered to build her house, or the day he nailed the last nail on her completed cottage. She should have told him she loved him the day he found the snow-white baby bunny and gave it to her to care for: the day he gave her Angel.

The tears on her eyes had long dried now when she stomped the ground in determination. No! She would not let this chance slip away from her hooves like they had too many times! Celestia as her witness, she was to seize this momment, and when she did it would be with teeth and claws. She had promised herself she would tell him how she felt tomorrow for too many yesterdays.

She gracefully walked towards Caramel's table, trudging through the pit of tar that felt like the dirt floor of the Cafe's outside.Caramel was now looking at her. A broad smile was beginning to spread across his face like a cancer.

"Fluttershy!" he greeted welcomingly, "How are you? I haven't seen you in in forever!"

The yellow mare was screaming just to make her whispers audible.
"Oh.... Umm.... H-hello Caramel..."

Her voice was soft, like a harp, complimented perfectly with the low bass that was Caramel's voice.

"It's good to see you again! Why don't you sit down? We could catch up!"

•••~•••

Heavenly. The day was heavenly. After the cafe they walked theough the streets of Ponyville like they had the day they met, their sides glued together. They continued through the park, hypnotized by the aroma and beauty of the colorful flowers. They were standing at the gazebo, facing a large appletree, when Fluttershy finally faced the stallion she loved.

"Caramel..." she started.

"What? What is it?" he asked.

"Well... I wanted to tell you..." she felt her cheeks flush as she tried to speak, "... I've been meaning to... You're such a sweet friend you see...and well... I wanted to tell you..."

"Caramel! There you are!" shouted an excited voice from the clouds. An artic blue Pegasus with a pale gold mane descended from the clouds above them.

"Oh!" Caramel exclaimed euphorically, "Hi Sassaflash!"

He nuzzled her cheek before turning to Fluttershy.
"Sassaflash, you remember Fluttershy, right?"

"Of course!" she smiled as she wrapped her front hooves around the yellow mare. "It's so good to see you! How has life treated you, Fluttershy?"

She was frozen, staring off into the horizon. She wish she were blind, so she wouldn't have seen the couple's intimate embrace.

Finally, she spoke.
"I....I've been fine.... Thanks for asking...." she breathed in deeply, wishing the oxygen was morphine. "H-how have you been?"

"Oh we've been doing great! I've been so happy thanks to Caramel!" As if on que, Caramel wrapped a foreleg around Sassaflash's back.

"Oh......" Was all Fluttershy could say as her lips began to quiver.

"Fluttershy?" asked Sassaflash, "Are you alright?"

"I-I'm fine... Just....cold is all...."

"but it's July..." responded the arctic blue pegasus with concern in her eyes. "Do you feel sick? We could walk you home if you'd like-"

"No!" answered Fluttershy, perhaps too quickly. "No, no... It's alright..." her back faced the two ponies, "Thank you, though."

"Wait! Fluttershy!" started Caramel, "What were going to tell me?" asked the stallion, "What were you going to say before Sassaflash interuppted?"

"Oh!" Fluttershy's eyes shrunk in realization, "Oh... I was just going to say... To say.... That Angel wanted me to say hi to you for him...."

"Oh! Well, tell him I said 'hi back.'"

"Um... Okay..."

Fluttershy departed from the couple, ber head sunk to the ground. She would tell him another time. She promised herself, she would tell him tomorrow.

Tomorrow....maybe....

The walk to her cottage was harsh. Everything felt so out of place. The love songs recited by the birds were now depressing tragedies, and the July sun still shined brightly. Why did she feel the bitter Autumn wind against her coat when the July sun was shining above her?

Why did she feel the pouring rain on her cheeks when the July sun was gleaming overhead?

Comments ( 21 )

Continue this before I release the Slender Man.

Wow, that was really, really good. Poor Fluttershy :fluttercry:
1466317 You get Slendy, I'll go get the SAW guy.

1466317 continue with what? The story is complete!

Thanks for favoriting it though.
...
Why do I hear a drum? And whats this page doing here? Hm.... Always follows.... What does that even mean- oh crap.

1466402
You say its finished. The story says its finished.
But the deed is far from done, I assure you.
Now, make a sequel or make this incomplete and continue it.
Or else the SAW guy and the Slender Man will come for you.
And if you manage to survive them.
A beast far worse than your imagination can muster will hunt you and your family for 600 Moons.

1466436 so..... I'm screwed, aren't I?

1466400 thanks for favoriting... Even if you did get the guy from SAW to go after me.

1466512
It depends.
Shalt thou continue?

1466519 But I like this story as it is... It feels complete already.

If you want you can write a sequel.

1466546
No.
If you want to keep your soul.
Write a complete multi-chapter sequel, please.
If you don't want It to come after you and your loved ones.
I already have enough stories to worry about. Check'em out and I'll make your fate quicker...

1466557 well sorry. Not writing a sequel. And if I'm dead because of it then it's guaranteed that there won't be a sequel.

MY LOGIC IS UNDENIABLE.

I'll check out your stories though

Yerp flowsh donp leeit farnge.
:fluttercry: That was so beautiful, I can't type coernethyl anymore.
Ya got me. Ya got me right in the feels.
Have a fav.
1466400
And I'll get THIS maniac!

1472380 Thanks for favoriting this!

aaaaand now the Joker's after me I see. Come on guys, why so serious? :trixieshiftright:

1472544
The Philosopher... per chance, are you a Time Lord, such as me?
And no, No, NO!
This is Mark Fucking HAMMILL's Joker!
It's 'Makes you wanna laugh, doesn't it, {insert name here}' and 'There ARE no brakes on the Rape Train, Batsy!'

1472558 Am I a time lord? I'll never tell! :pinkiehappy:

1472584
Sly one... VERY sly one...
I'm not either. *wink*

1472544
And hey! At least I'm not sending HIM after you!

i like the way this story played out kinda sad but i liked it

My feelings! :fluttercry:

Good job on this one. I like how, in spite if it being short, you were able to explain Fluttershy's friendship with Caramel and her heartsickness. I liked the references to the seasons also.

A few little grammar things (and you might consider using another metaphor other than "cancer" to describe a smile, but that's just my personal tastes!) but otherwise... :yay:

Screw AppleMel and Fluttercord, CaraShy Is the one true ship.

Screw AppleMel and Fluttercord, CaraShy Is the one true ship.

Login or register to comment