• Published 2nd Jan 2012
  • 741 Views, 2 Comments

Sky and Cobalt - DJ Cobalt



random story of my two OC's

  • ...
 2
 741

chapter 1

The sound of bass blared in ponies' ears as they danced to the beat, most with little regard for their actions.

For one who had never been to the club scene, this was a whole new experience. With the bass pounding in her head, the dancing ponies bumping into her, and even a few throwing up around her, she wondered how they could possibly enjoy this.

Was it the music? The beer? Or was it just the pure excitement of dancing to the music? She didn't know why, but she felt different being in with a new crowd, rather than her usual shyness towards others. Tonight was one of the few nights she did something other than go to work and go back home. But as soon as the night had started, trouble was going to present itself.

She started to walk towards the bar, noticing a stallion who had been eyeballing her for a while from afar. He had dark blue fur, a teal mane streaked by the same blue as his coat. The strangest thing she noticed was that he was wearing a vest and shoes. The mare was unable to fathom why the stallion was wearing shoes and a vest in Cloudsdale, but then realized that nearly everypony there was also wearing something similar, along with some hilariously crazy hairstyles.

Eyeballs, she could deal with; she allowed him to watch her as she walked to the bar. Just as she sat down he came over to her – as nervous as she herself was, she noticed. The closer he got, the more he seemed to stumble to get to her, but recovered quickly, offering to buy her a drink.

She shyly accepted his offer, blushing lightly at the attention. He asked the bartender for the usual Jack Hooves whiskey - one for him and one for his new friend. The white pony was still blushing as she took a sip.

"Hey what your name?" he asked.

"My...my name...its Sky."

"Sky… That's a cool name."

"And your name is...?"

"Cobalt, like the drink," he said with a chuckle. "Soo… What are you doing here? Never seen you around before."

"This is my first time coming here. I got bored and I just decided to let loose... but it isn't quite what I what though it would be."

"Hey don't worry. All you need is some time and inspiration. Stick with me - I'll show you the ropes. You'll be a loose cannon in no time," Cobalt said with a smile. "But first step; let's finish those drinks. Can't party without alcohol in your system."

Cobalt drank the shot with no problem, but Sky just sat, eyeing her drink her drink, wondering what she was getting herself into. On one hoof, she could just leave, never come back and live a boring life… or she could stay, drink, and party with a new friend, who she'd just met and didn't know anything about.
Since the whole point of her coming was to try something new, she wasn't going to give this up even if she did get hurt. She drank the shot of Jack Hooves.

"And now the party can start," Cobalt said as he grabbed Sky by the hoof and pulled her to the stage. She hadn't noticed, but nopony was at the DJ's booth - until Cobalt grabbed her and moved her next to him on the booth.

Cobalt grabbed the microphone, shouting, "Is everypony ready to PARTY?!"

Everypony in the club yelled and cheered, calling on him to play a new beat. And with that, Cobalt started to play a new track - Deadpon5 the remix. The music started to pulse around the entire club, and Sky, who had been watching Cobalt, stared in awe as the pony she was with turned out to be the DJ of the club.

As the bass got louder and louder, the night started to die down and the rays of Celestia's sun began to peek over the horizon. Everypony knew that was the signal that the night was over, as the sun got higher and higher. With the club closing, Cobalt was walking Sky out of the club. Both were drunk, as ponies tended to be following a night of clubbing.

Suddenly, Sky passed out in front of the club. Cobalt seeing her, thought briefly how peaceful she looked unconscious.

He grabbed Sky and put her on his back, then began the trek to his pad.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


The white pony awoke from her slumber. Rubbing her eyes with her hoof, she noticed this wasn't her blanket… or her bed… or her house! With that, her head started pounding, the room began to spin, and she returned to unconsciousness.

A couple of hours passed until she woke again, to see bright blue eyes in her face - which freaked her out. She jolted out of the bed.

Breathing heavily, she finally managed to ask, "Who are you? And where am I?"

He looked at her with a smile. "I'm Cobalt, the pony you were with last night. We got drunk and partied till the sun came up... you don't remember?"

She looked at him, puzzled, but in an instant she remembered the night before. It was fuzzy, but she couldn't remember anything else after he gave her drink.

"I think I remember… but only until you gave me that drink. What was it?" He looked at her and with a chuckle he said. "Oh that. That was a Cobalt special. Exclusive to that club, only served there."

"What's so special about it?" she asked, curious.

"Well if you remember, I work there as a DJ, so in return they made that drink in my honor… So yeah, you can say I'm kind of a big deal there."

"Heh, so you are... one thing. What was your name again? I can't remember."

He let out a chuckle. "Wow, I thought you'd at least remember that, but I think we can introduce ourselves again. I'm Cobalt."
"My name..... It's Sky."

"Sky huh? I thought I would remember that by now… those drinks we had are still affecting me."

With that word she felt a cold breeze through her spine. "What do you mean...'effect'?"

"Oh, thought you knew. All the drinks there are...well...kind of… spiked."

"YOU DRUGGED MY DRINK!" she shouted in a rage that made Cobalt scared.

"Actually it wasn't me - that club drugs everypony to keep them there longer," Cobalt said. "And besides I was drugged too, so there's no reason to get mad. Everypony goes there because they know they will get drugged and they don't care. So… sorry if I got you mad at me… and if you want, you can leave. I won't bother you again," he finished sincerely.

As he spoke, Sky seemed to calm down. There was no way she could stay mad at him with a face like that, even if he didn't tell her the drink was drugged.

She'd wanted to feel what it was like to party, and she did get her wish. But in any case, while she wasn't mad, how could she trust him? The mere thought of it started pounding at her head, the symptoms of her hangover returning.

All she wanted to do was get back home - but then a large growling noise was heard in the room.

"Cobalt, you think you can make me something to eat?" Sky asked, a pain rising in her stomach, and she put her hooves on her muzzle as she were about to throw up – which she was, though she managed to hold it back.

Cobalt almost chuckled at the mere sight of it, but managed not to do any more than smile.

Sky was getting a little annoyed at this point, but the way she felt right now, she didn't care. All she wanted was something to eat. "Oh yeah, your lunch! Forgot about that." Cobalt said with another chuckle.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


A couple of minutes passed and both were in the kitchen, thinking of what to eat. "So....what do you want?" Cobalt said, breaking the silence between the two.

"Ugh, I don't know. Anything to be honest."

"Hmm, ok, I think I could make something. How'd you like some butter toast?"

"Really? That's all you could come up with?"

"Yeah I never really cook at my house. Always too busy going from place to place. I never really get to stay here."

"But what about now?"

"Now I'm spending my vacation time, but don't worry. It doesn't bother me."

"Oh...I'm sorry you have to spend it taking care of me."

"Nah, don't worry about it. I never get to spend my vacation with anyone other than going to the clubs. It's better to spend it with somepony, at least just for a couple hours."

"You know," Sky said, starting to walk towards the dark blue pony. When she reached him she laid a soft kiss on his cheek. "You don't have to be alone."

Comments ( 2 )

Okay, nice job so far with the grammar, only thing I could pick out was: "butter toast" which should be buttered toast.
You've got some interesting characters but, well they need a little more depth. I know you're only a few words in, probably not even a whole chapter, but this is where you introduce us to the characters. Cobalt is described as shy and then stands up on stage a few seconds later, makes him seem a little... bipolar? And a club that drugs everypony may not be the safest place to enjoy a dance... it wouldn't be hard for somepony to take advantage of that. I think you need to lengthen the club scene or have it cut off suddenly, perhaps replay it from one of their memories, preferably Sky's. As it is, more descriptions would really give us a better idea. The start where she enters, is pretty good but the second line is just an extension of the first, they could easily be combined. While your grammar is perfect, you're making it sound... a little impersonal. Adjectives and adverbs really help to colour the experience and influence the reader. It sets tone and help people picture what's happening y'know?
If you stuck with this, it could be a good intro but I'd recommend a few teensy-tiny changes to make it really stand out. :twilightsmile:
Good job, so far. :pinkiesmile:

Login or register to comment