• Published 16th Jan 2013
  • 9,294 Views, 653 Comments

Dead or Alive - Rust



Boba Fett has a new bounty; Princess Celestia. Needless to say, things don't go smoothly.

  • ...
26
 653
 9,294

[Chapter 4] - Bounty Hunter

Chapter 4: Bounty Hunter
By: Rust

Unknown sector, unknown system, unknown planet...


Something was wrong.

Very, very wrong.

Perched atop the diarchial seat, Princess Luna felt it, a disturbance in the ebbs and flows of energy that permeated the land. Her hackles rose unbidden. Narrowed eyes scanned the shadowy recesses of the throne room.

Smoothly, the dark alicorn rose from her position and stomped down the steps. The shafts of moonlight spearing through the grand windows seemed to tremble.

The petitioner who had been droning on for the last half-hour about the various shortcomings of the railroad system voiced his protests. “Your Majesty, this is most improper to ignore a request of the people. There is a serious problem we’re dealing with at the moment!”

She whirled about, glaring down at him with all the authority of the divine.

“...Eep!”

The Princess resumed her path.

Yes, something was very wrong, indeed. The question was, what?


The huge double-doors leading into the barracks were shoved open like toys as the she stalked into the dimly-lit hallways of the Palace at night. Princess Luna took it all in at a glance, the bunks lining the walls and the large open area within filled with tables. Some of her off-duty guard were playing cards, others eating. Celestia’s golden paladins had their own barracks. Here, the night reigned supreme. The usual undertone of activity was silence as the troops noticed the presence of their commander.

“Majordomo. Present thyself,” she barked.

A dark splotch of shadow detached itself from the wall, taking the form of a black stallion, armored in pale purples and blues. The leathery wings of his order hung at his sides. He saluted crisply.

“Report,” commanded Luna. “Have there been any disturbances at the gates?”

“None, m’lady.”

“Sightings along the walls?”

“None, m’lady.”

“Hmmm. The high-altitude team, have they noted anything out of sorts?”

“No, m’lady. The night has been peacefully quiet.”

She scoffed. “Too quiet. Something is amiss, we sense. The shadows stare back tonight, Majordomo, and none of our own are doing the staring. Double the patrols. Turn away all other petitioners for the remainder of the night and ensure that Celestia is not disturbed until morning.”

Her Majordomo cocked an eyebrow. “All this from a sense of unease?”

Luna’s eyes flashed in the darkness. “An eon of experience has given us the foresight to abide by these inklings, Majordomo. No matter how trivial, ‘tis better to be safe than sorry. One such premonition of dread was ignored... and because of that, we spent a millenium sealed within yonder moon. Question our instincts again, and you will be demoted on the spot.”

He bowed low, scraping his wings against the floor. “Of course. My apologies. Your wishes are my command. I’ll see to it at once.” The stallion retreated back into the shadow, where he melted away into nothingness.

Gone was the Luna the castle had slowly come to know. Replacing this figure was the cold, calculating Luna. The Luna of olden days, the one that had taught Equestria’s enemies to fear the night.

There could be no mistakes tonight. Not now, not after so long. She was just beginning to earn the love and respect of her subjects. An error at this stage would not be suffered. Only weeks ago had the whispers of “Nightmare Moon” ceased echoing around the Palace.

Her form dissolved into a streak of starlit smoke, zipping out the doors and speeding through the castle. Faster and faster she went, ascending the tallest tower, where at the very top, her observatory awaited. Until recently, it hadn’t seen much use, until Luna had made it one of her preferred haunts.

The streak of smog solidified as it arrived upon the tower balcony, forming into the shape of an alicorn mid-stride, as if she’d been merely trotting the entire way. She came to rest at the railing and peered out into the night.

Yes. Something was wrong. Very wrong.


Boba Fett allowed himself a moment to collect his thoughts as he looked through his carbine scope. It was an E-33, with a shorter, stubby barrel, and far more powerful than the average Stormtrooper loadout.

She's in there, all right.

The hologram had burned an image into his mind. He knew what his target looked like, and the stained glass adorning many of the building’s windows showed her in vibrant relief. For a non-spacefaring race, these creatures had managed to build a very impressive city. Their buildings seemed to defy nature itself, and Boba was sure the architects of Coruscanti skyscrapers would turn green with envy at the very sight.

There was another one of her kind, perched atop the tallest of these towers. Midnight blue, instead of snow white. Boba was sure that she was looking right at him. Then he checked the range on the scope again. No, that was impossible. There was no way she’d be able to see him almost a kilometer away, shadowed in the recesses of the mountain the city was built upon. The Slave I was well-hidden on the opposite face. Not a soul knew he was here.

Still, his HUD’s crosshairs hovered over her forehead, right where the horn met skull.

After a moment, he snorted to himself. It was time to move out. Holstering the carbine across his back, he checked his remaining weapons.

A veritable armory accompanied the bounty hunter’s person. The signature rocket gleamed from its mounting atop his jetpack. A collapsible grenade launcher, a two sidearm blasters, and his wrist-mounted darts were the main stables of his arsenal. Mines, smoke grenades, and other various explosives were in accompaniment. As a precaution, he had even taken one of the many lightsabers in his collection, a last-resort weapon he’d found useful when hunting Force-sensitives. He was no Jedi Master, but it would serve for a nasty surprise.

Vader could eat reek dung, as far as he was concerned. Lethal force was always an option. Still, the normally toxic darts on his wrist had been dipped in the powerful sedative he’d picked up at Battro’s station. These would be his first choice, at least until something needed to die.

Violently.

And preferably in an explosion.

Boba crept out from the cave and began descending the mountain side, using his helmet’s electronics to send a quick query to the Slave I to make sure she was set for a quick escape. She was.

Good.

Under the cover of darkness, Boba Fett entered the city.

Moving quickly, yet with the stealth only years of experience could bring, he began negotiating the twisting streets. He kept to the shadows and alleyways. There was nary a life form about, save him.

Traveling by rooftop wasn’t an option. Through his scope, he’d noticed that some of the creatures were flying about, completing circuits around his target’s lair. With the aerial superiority in their hands, he’d have to rely on his own two feet. At least for now.

He paused as he arrived at a large road, which seemed to serve as a main thoroughfare for the city. Now deserted, save for a duo of the guards he’d seen patrolling the walls. They were currently investigating something on the other side of the road, their backs to him.

Boba took a moment to observe the creatures. Quadrupedal in nature, though he’d seen others with wings or horns. Only the target, and the dark one atop the tower, seemed to possess both. They both wore blue clothing, endowed with silver badges. Perhaps they were some sort of enforcers?

An unfamiliar language drifted through his helmet’s audio receptors. It was filled with brays, grunts and whinnies, and the occasional click of the tongue. Basic, but incomprehensible for his ears or the helmet’s translator software.

Seeing no other way to cross the wide road, Boba reasoned that he’d have to neutralize them. He grinned. Might as well have some fun with this.


“Pst. Dodge, did you hear that?”

Her partner turned away from the window of the darkened bakery, where the day’s culinary delights were still on display. “Hmm?”

The policepony was soundly bopped over the head with a nightstick. “Get away from there, we’re supposed to be on the beat. I know we don’t usually work a night shift, but something’s got the Dark Lady on edge.”

“Yeah, and I got pulled out of the station to be here,” Dodge grumbled. “‘To serve and protect,’ Cherry. From what? The boogeymare?” He flailed his hooves about. “OooooOOOOooooo...”

Cherry huffed. “Well, I don’t like it either. In case you haven’t noticed, I totally had an eye on that officer running the hoofprint station. Just five more minutes and I’d have convinced him to...” she trailed off, her ears twitching.

“Cherry-” Dodge began. He was silenced by a hoof smushing his lips together.

Cherry was utterly still, save her ears swiveling madly about.

“Shh. There it is again!” She abruptly charged across the road, brandishing her nightstick.

“Hold on, hold on! Wait up!” Dodge was after her in a heartbeat. “What did you hear?!” He chased her into the alley, swallowed up by the darkness. “Cherry? Where’d you go?”

There was no answer.

Dodge narrowed his eyes, squinting through the gloom. “If this is another one of your lame pranks... it’s not funny. In the least.”

Still nothing.

“Cherry, I swear to Celestia’s pearly flanks. You’re really freaking me out right now,” muttered Dodge. Despite himself, a trickle of cold sweat broke out along his brow.

Something moved to his left. “Gah!” He whirled, shining his flashlight at it.

A monster leapt out of the shadows, covered in filth and rubbish.

“ABOOGABOOGABOOGA!” it roared.

AAAAIIIEEEE!” screamed Dodge, cowering backwards as the monster charged forwards, seemingly dissolving as...

...Cherry’s face peeked out from under an abandoned mop, laughing hysterically. “Ahahahaha! Classic! Oh, that was just perfect. You should have seen your face. And that scream! That has got to be the best one I’ve ever. Ever. Uh... Dodge. Dodge?”

Dodge wasn’t paying attention to her. His gaze was fixed where his shaking flashlight was aimed. Utter horror played across the stallion’s eyes.

“Dodge, I am totally not going to fall for that.”

She heard something move behind her.

“Dodge... real funny. Cut it out.”

“N-n-n-not... m-m-m-me,” Dodge managed to stammer.

Cherry scoffed. “Uh-huh. This is the oldest trick in the book. Look, I know you’re feeling a bit cross with me after I pulled that on you, but this is just sad.”

A rough, cloth-like texture suddenly wrapped itself around her throat. It tightened into a viselike clamp.

“Oh, look. Here’s new twist to it. All right, I’ll give you props for thi—hurrrrghghh!


Boba allowed himself a rare laugh.

“That one never gets old,” he murmured to himself as he prowled through the streets.

So far, the mission had been child’s play. He found himself somewhat disappointed. Weren’t these all supposed to be powerful wielders of the Force? Vader’s briefing had led him to expect an entire planet filled with the damned sorcerers.

Gradually, the city’s architecture began to change as he neared the grand keep at the center. The urban symmetry gave way to artistic spires and small parks, mottled here and there by the seemingly random changes in elevation. The city appeared to be constructed on a series of circular platforms jutting out of the mountain itself. Like some sort of high-altitude flower, really, if viewed from below.

It also meant less cover. Boba found himself taking more and more sprints across open areas, keeping to the shadows as best he could. At one point, he found himself dangling upside-down three stories up by his grappling hook, as a pair of patrols passed each other underneath him.

Boba was no fool. The fewer that saw him, the better. He only sacrificed stealth unless no other alternative presented itself, and when that happened, he met the situation with pure, focused aggression.

The passing of time soon found him in the safety of a tree, eyeing a mighty white wall that encircled the keep.

As he watched, a patrol neared. A drawbridge was lowered by the massive portcullis, and two more of the creatures, these with horns, greeted them.

A short conversation was held, before the two horned ones pointed their sharp appendages at the gates themselves. Boba’s eyes widened as their horns alit, and the entire gate began to rise by its own ghostly accord.

His HUD shimmered a little as he centered it around the figures. Sure enough, he detected a significant energy output, though the source of which was unknown. He knew well enough what it was, though. The lightsaber at his waist seemed to hang heavy.

So, the ones with horns are the Force-wielders. I’ll pay them special attention.

The bounty hunter took stock of the situation. That gate was going nowhere, not without the two horned ones to lift it. There were no terminals to hack, no computers to override. Not once had he seen electronics of any kind during his hunt through the city. Even the streetlights were powered by strange, glowing crystals or basic fire. Guards walked the wall like clockwork, and the flying ones were doing their own, seemingly random patrols.

Boba drummed his fingers along his helmet, reaching a decision.

It seemed that stealth would not be able to allow him access to the castle. Something had wound the creatures up tighter than a smuggler in his bolt-hole. Which meant that Boba was going to have to get into that place the hard way. Boba rather liked doing things the hard way. It was more his style, a trait that set his work apart from his father's.

Just another day on the job, he thought almost happily, as he sent the signal to the Slave I. There were now ten minutes before he would be able to make his exit. He just had to make sure he was ready when the time came.

Still though, to make an exit, you first have to make an entrance.

The HUD brought up one of the castle windows, tracing it to him with an arcing, dashed line. He grinned as his helmet’s computer routed the trajectory to the powerful device strapped bolted to his back. It growled, an audible hum of heat and noise.

He let fly. His jetpack roared to life, launching him screaming into the sky; up, up, and over the wall, past the dumbfounded faces of the patrols, the gatekeepers, and the fliers.

He offered them a cheeky wave as he whipped by.

CRASH!

The bounty hunter smashed through the window and carried onwards. A pristine tiled floor reared its head at him — he cut the jetpack and leaned forward, arms flung out. He rolled into it hard, coming upright onto his two feet and skidding several yards.

He was in some sort of grand throne room. Empty, it seemed. He took stock of his surroundings after sweeping the crosshairs of his darts in an encompassing circle. It was taken in at a glance; it was a large, regal room, with a high vaulted ceiling and magnificent colored windows. One of which now sported a bounty hunter-shaped hole.

Thrilling adventures, short skirts, and impregnable fortresses...

You could say he had a knack for getting into them.


Luna put down the spyglass and was already in the motion of coming about when her lieutenant slithered out of darkened tower. “M’lady. I bring word of an urgent matter,” said the incorporeal figure. “It seems your fears were... reasonable.”

Luna sighed. “Has Discord gone rogue?”

“No, m’lady. We’ve not seen a feather, hair, nor scale from the chimera since shortly after your sister sent him on his way.”

“Then what is the matter?” Luna demanded.

“There’s an intruder in the castle.”

“An intruder? They bypassed the extra patrols?”

Her Majordomo hung his head in shame.

“We see... come, my lieutenant. There’s an uninvited guest that needs to be dealt with. And made an example of, so it seems. Where were they sighted last?”

“At the Throne, m’la—”

Luna’s horn alit with an aura of pale blue. Reality itself was pushed aside as the alciorn shoved a path through space and time. A magnificent bubble of energy had surrounded the two and vanished, faster than the blinking of an eye. Where the majestic view of the observatory’s balcony had been lay the darkened glory of the castle’s throne room.

—dy?” the Majordomo finished lamely, before the teleportation caught up to him and he staggered, groaning. Non-unicorns simply weren’t used to the sensation of raw ether.

Luna, however, only had eyes for the distant blur of motion as something caught her eye. A scrap of cloth fluttered out of sight and around the corner of the grand portcullis to the throne. She was after it like a bloodhoud. “Halt! HALT!”

Rocketing off the raised dais, she gave chase, whipping around the same corner only to find...

...nothing?

“Majordomo!” she called, after checking both hallways leading away from the scene. “Put the castle on high alert! Nopony leaves, nopony enters. Seal the gates, seal the windows, seal the plumbing if need be.”

Her underling stumbled after her. “S-should we wake Princess Celestia?”

Luna was silent for a moment. “...No. This is my responsibility, and I will see the night through. Now go, make haste.”

He nodded and melted into the nearby shadows.

Luna remained, half crouched and warily peering down either hallway.

“Come hither, come hither, wherever thou art...” she sang to the emptiness.

Somepony had been out here, that was sure enough. If she concentrated, she could still sense the disturbance in the flow, like a great rock had been passed through the tranquil surface of a pond, or how movement disturbs the tranquil flecks within a sunbeam. No. Somepony had certainly been here, and recently. But where had they gone?

Luna stomped a hoof and cast her gaze upwards in a silent plea to the stars, searching for an answer.

Unbelievably, she found him.


Boba Fett dropped from where he had been awkwardly hanging from a chandelier, his blood roaring in his ears. Below, the dark one let loose a cry and made towards him, large wings unfurling threateningly at her sides.

In the span of three heartbeats, he had pivoted mid-air and fired an entire clip of darts. By the time he landed, the upraised wing used to intercept the projectiles greatly resembled a pincushion.

Unbelievably, she remained conscious, though the wing immediately went limp. Boba was genuinely impressed.

Slowly, oh-so-very slowly, it spread to the rest of her body. She managed one step, then two, before collapsing. Her eyes fixed Boba with a look of such incredible wrath that for half a second he was actually tempted to flee right then and there.

In hindsight, he probably should have.

The long horn atop her head sizzled. His scanners beeped a warning, and then he found himself flying down the hallway, hit with such force that he actually bounced several times until coming to a screeching halt with the timely intervention of an ornate pillar. His breath rattled in his ribcage until the world stopped spinning.

“Bloody sorcerers,” he muttered as he rose to one knee, a smoke grenade in each hand. He tossed them at the struggling creature. “Choke on these.” Her figure was swallowed up in a storm of hissing clouds. He tapped a button on his helmet, switching over to thermal vision before charging into the fog.

The bounty hunter slammed a fresh clip of darts into his wrist. His HUD glimmered where the dark one was still thrashing about, coughing as the smoke entered her lungs. It wouldn't kill her, but the tear gas wasn’t pleasant at all to breathe. Meanwhile the tranquilizer had continued spreading, and her entire left side seemed to flop in ungainly motions.

He came down on her like a thunderbolt, slamming his knee into her throat and firing a dart into her face at point-blank range. Then three more between her eyes. The creature shuddered and finally lay still, though his scanners noted that she wouldn’t be down for long. The chemicals in her bloodstream were being neutralized faster than he thought possible. One dart’s worth of the stuff could bring down a bull bantha in seconds. She had been plugged with an entire clip and still managed to fight back.

She wasn’t the target, but Boba regretted leaving such a foe behind. Or alive, for that matter. The glare in those eyes promised terrible vengeance. He stood up, tapping the side of his helmet again.

A holographic map of the fortress sprang up in front of him. He pressed a few more buttons, instructing the computer to sweep the building for others bearing the same sort of signature as the dark one. A few seconds later, and it pinged, a red dot flashing on the sixth floor.

Boba set off at a dead run, tapping his helmet a final time and locking the coordinates within the Slave I’s navigational systems. The dark one was left lying sprawled in a heap. Time was now of the essence.


In the darkness, an eye opened, bright with fury and the half-crazed light that only a thousand years in solitude could do to a pony. A trembling, silver-shod hoof rose, and planted itself firmly onto the floor. The gleaming metal seemed to warp, screeching in protest as it warped and lengthened. Wings spread, a shadowy tinge seeping in from the tips of the feathers, flowing like sickly ink until it encompassed the rapidly-growing body. A black horn sparked, magic snapping and crackling with the promise of retribution.

She rose, and flexed, the tiny silver stingers dropping off her body left and right.

The shadows twisted nearby, and her Majordomo emerged, now flanked by several more of his kind. They fell to their knees at the sight of her. “Your Highness...”

Her mane cracked like a whip as her dark crown morphed into a battle helm the color of steely blue ice. “Majordomo.” Even her voice was as cold and biting as the void between the stars. “Status report.”

“The intruder is on the top floor, Your Highness. Several patrols and chokepoints meant to stop them have been decimated,” said the Majordomo. “There have been... several casualties. Only injuries, though.”

“Good,” his mistress stated.

“Your Highness... are you... well?”

She rolled her head, until a satisfying pop echoed throughout the hallway. Something on the ground caught her attention. Cylindrical, roughly the length of her horn, and metal, it sported several knobs and buttons. A rugged grip covered one half of the length. It must have come off of the mysterious intruder, she mused. Most likely when she'd blown him off his feet. With a shrug of disinterest, she tucked it away into her armored yoke.

“Never better,” declared Nightmare Moon. “In fact... I feel ready for another round.”


Boba’s foot planted itself on the door, kicking it right off the hinges. He stormed in, welcoming the relief from the smoky, charred hallway he’d left behind.

He had to give it to them, they were damn persistent, and refused to go quietly. With the alarm raised, all pretenses for subtly had been abandoned. His dart launcher was nearly exhausted, the two clips for incapacitating the target herself. His armor was dented and scratched in a dozen places, and a nozzle on his jetpack had been torn clean off by one of the winged creatures with a blade.

He spitefully tossed a mine over his shoulder as he strode in, observing the room. This was the end of his trail. If anyone was stupid enough to follow him so far, then they deserved to die. Frankly, he was fed up with having to hold back.

Sumptuously furnished, the room had the distinct appearance of belonging to a life-form that didn’t mind the mess. His scanner pointed him across it, and sure enough, there she lay.

Asleep.

With traces of... was that chocolate frosting on her face?

Despite himself, the bounty hunter’s hand met his visor in the universal gesture of disbelief.

That hand then leveled out and twitched as his dart-launcher coughed repeatedly, spraying her white hide with silver points. Without even pausing, a second clip was shoved into place and subsequently emptied, this one in places his helmet revealed were close to major veins and arteries. He was going to be damn sure that this one wouldn’t get the chance to strike back at him with her damnable powers.

For good measure, he cracked her over the head with his carbine.

And that was that, so it seemed. The leader of the planet lay before him in a slightly-twitching pile of feather and flesh. Behind him, a thoroughly-wrecked building filled with piles of bodies.

All in all, an average day.

KA-THOOOOM!

He was blown forward off his feet, landing atop the prone creature in her bed. Furniture flew everywhere, books were tossed about in a storm of pages, and the windows cracked and shattered in places. Boba head was ringing. That must have been the mine...

...The mine!

He rolled over, his carbine already out and pointing at the door, where a familiar figure stood amidst the smouldering wreckage of the entryway. Surrounding her was a shimmering energy field.

Her appearance might have changed, but those wrathful eyes were instantly recognizable, widened as they were in shock and suprise.

Wait. Why would she have that kind of rea—

Boba looked down to find the light one slumped against him in a tight embrace, snoring loudly. Both were now speckled in cake frosting and sprawled on the tattered sheets. He looked back up at the dark one.

Deep, deep, deep down inside the bounty hunter, he laughed, and he laughed hard.

Boba’s helmet beeped as a dull roar suddenly filled the air. Light and wind began streaming in through the shattered window behind him. It was time to go.

He put his carbine back and fired his grappling-hook out the window, the long length of reinforced cable tensing almost immediately as it hit something. He gave the dark one in the doorway a quick wave, then pressed his helmet one final time holding the limb body tightly against himself.

Outside, several tons of finely-crafted metal screamed to life, as the Slave I went into reverse, dragging the pair right out the window and dangling into empty space. The gangplank was lowered mid-hover as the grappling line simultaneously retracted, pulling them up into the bowels of the ship in one fell swoop.

Now surrounded by the comforting interior of his starship, Boba tossed the limp body onto the floor and slammed the hatch closed, before all-but diving into the cockpit and slamming the thrusters forward as far as they would go.


It took her a full ten seconds to register what was going on as the intruder suddenly crashed through the window, dragging Celestia with him.

An enormous, ugly machine hovered outside, heat and light emanating from underneath. She watched in horror as the pair disappeared within a hole in its hull.

“No. No. No. No. No!” she screeched, coming to her senses. Two powerful wings flared out and pushed, and she exploded out of the ruined chambers as though fired from a cannon. The ghastly machine roared again, its huge bulk defying gravity as it rocketed straight up in a blaze of searing energy.

She was dimly aware of the sound of castle in full alert, ponies frantically running amok, disorganized and leaderless. A fire had caught near the kitchens, smoke billowing out of the East Wing.

“No, no, no, no, no, no, no!” She gave chase, rapidly closing the distance. Her wings ached, but that didn’t matter. The pain didn’t matter. All that mattered was her fear, her fear of being abandoned yet again. It gave her strength and sent her screaming upward in hot pursuit.

Black feathers and muscle fought cold steel and fusion.

At breakneck speeds, the ascent was made. Higher, and higher still, they rose, punching holes in clouds and leaving fragments of ice in their wakes. The air turned frigid and thin, though that did little to slow her.

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO—!

A mighty crack tore the sky in half, a silver ring spread outward, and a ghostly trail of white-hot light sped after the dark bullet.

And still, acceleration. She was gaining. The world was now far behind. Dimly, she realized that she’d entered the void, her terror only growing, lending even more strength to her depleted muscles.

NONONONONONONONOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!”

An unearthly surge of power surged through her, she emptied her tank in one final beat of her wings, leaving the trail of light behind and ramming straight into the machine, horn first. She stuck fast as it kept going, now wrenching her behind it at speeds even a nightmare couldn’t match.

With the very last trickle of her magic, her horn ignited.


Boba threw the switch, mashing the coordinates screen. Anywhere would do. He just had to get away! That thing was still chasing him!

The hyperdrive whined to life, before coughing as the whole ship rattled. Boba cursed as he was thrown to the floor — something was wrong! The controls flickered and smoked as he was showered in sparks. A panicked glance at the hypderdrive interface revealed the coordinates to be a jumbled mess of numbers.

"You've gotta be ki—"

Before he could cut the power, the ship jumped.


The void around her vanished as she was sucked into oblivion, pulled into the gash in reality by the vehicle. The white stars turned black, and infinity stretched out before her. Mercifully, she was released. Exhausted now, she felt herself drifting away from the hulk of mass, gently tumbling away and out of the bubble.

And then...

...nothing.

Author's Note:

This chapter brought to you by the term "cliffhanger." In a related note — Ponies. In. SPAAAAAAAAAACE!

Officer Dodge Charger and his partner, Officer Cherry n' Berries, are the property of the (in)famous MisterMoniker, and characters of their own wonderful story, Ponyville 911.