• Published 12th Oct 2012
  • 11,949 Views, 1,023 Comments

Akatsuki in Equestria - chaos2012



Tobi and the members of The Akatsuki are teleported to another planet

  • ...
48
 1,023
 11,949

Another Taste of Art

Deidara hovered in the air facing the group of Pegasi that surrounded him. Every one of them wore matching tight blue outfits that covered their entire bodies. Smirking, he eyed the two closest to him. "So, are you all some sort of organization as well?"

Misty Fly glared at the blonde maned Pegasus. "Who are you and why are you attacking Canterlot?"

"You’re pretty direct aren't you?" Deidara smirked, "No hello for me or anything? Quite rude."

Rude? What kind of stupid statement is that? You were attacking innocent ponies down there!"

"I am simply showing them what is true art..." Deidara chuckled as he stuck his hooves into his side bags, "I can demonstrate it to you if you would like to see."

Get ready all of you! He spits out those weird exploding things with that clay stuff."

Turning his head to the source of the voice; Deidara felt a sudden increase in his blood rate as he saw the one Pegasus with the familiar fiery orange mane. "You..." He glared at the wonderbolt captain, "you are the one from earlier that landed that cheap attack on me when I was busy already."

"Yeah it's me..." Spitfire smirked, "and I will gladly do it again after you did this to our city."

"Hmm. So if you are here, that should mean..." Deidara looked around to the others until he saw the rainbow mane on another member, "you are here as well. Rainbow Dash, wasn't it?" A cold smile spread across his muzzle, "You wanted to come and try another taste of art?"

Rainbow Swallowed the small lump that formed in her throat seeing Deidara again. Small beads of sweat fell down and stuck to her flight suit as her body slightly shook. Part of her wanted to just take off and get away, but a stronger part of her overpowered those feelings. She wanted to stop this pony that was attacking and killing innocent ponies. She wanted to prove she could honor her element and not leave her friends a second time.

Crossing her forelegs, she glared at the akatsuki member. "Yeah it's me again. I think I owe you some payback for what you tried to do to me earlier."

"Ha ha ha! You get payback on me?" Deidara cackled, "I would love to see you come over here and try. Hmm."

"You talk a lot for a stallion with a mares haircut." Fire Streak chimed in with a grin across his face.

Deidara's left eye twitched in annoyance when he heard that comment. "You think I have a mares haircut?" His eyes shot wide open in pure anger at the cocky wonderbolt. "You have a death wish I can tell."

"Fire Streak, what are you doing!?" Rainbow yelled out, "Don't taunt him like that."

"I just comment on what I see..." Fire Streak chuckled as he watched Deidara pull his hooves out of his side bags. Seeing the angered Pegasus ready for the offensive, he prepared himself as well. "Besides, I think I can handle a few birds coming my way and-

Out of his hooves, Deidara shot out a small bird, which suddenly in a puff of smoke expanded out to grow over ten feet across. Fire's eyes went wide as he watched the giant bird rush at him. "What the buck!"

"KATSU!"

The massive explosion illuminated the night sky as the other wonderbolts sat in shock. "Fire Streak!" They yelled out.

Out from behind the smoke cloud, Fire Streak came about, his eyes as wide as dinner plates. "What the crap was that!?" He shot his eyes over to Spitfire, "I thought you said he just shot out birds!?"

Seeing him alright, Spitfire glared up at him, "I said he made exploding things come out of his hooves."

"You didn't say they were that big!"

Before she could respond, Spitfire saw Deidara begin spit out a massive amount of birds and flew them at all her companions. "All of you, scatter out!" Immediately, every wonderbolt took off away from Deidara as the birds gave chase.

Fleetfoot and Rainbow dived down towards the city beneath them. Turning sideways, they weaved in between a pair of buildings as they tried to lose the bombs following them. The smaller birds easily went after the Flying pair, not coming near the walls on either side. Seeing they couldn't lose them that way, Fleetfoot rushed below to the alley floor and grabbed several empty trash cans. Banking back up, she chucked them as hard as she could back towards the birds, hitting all of them and forcing them to detonate.

Rainbow grinned at her friends quick thinking. "Nice one right there."

Misty Fly and High Winds however weren't doing as well. they weaved down near the empty street, turning about and around the street lamps and signs, hoping for anything to lose their pursuers. While some of the more agile fliers on the team, neither of the two were close to the fastest. The birds were getting closer and beginning to close the gap between them.

Misty looked back, her heart racing as the birds were only a dozen feet away now. "Shoot, we have to do something if we are to-"

"Heads up!"

Both of them turned back forward just in time to see Rainbow and Fleetfoot rushing at them holding a mix of different pots and pans. Throwing the cooking material, they connected with all of the following birds.

Fire and Lightning Streak flew over one of the destroyed buildings to the left and dove down into the interior of the structure through the busted roof. The blown open area was so narrow that they had to tuck their wings in their sides and fall through. Flipping his head around, Lightning watched the small birds come in after them and easily entered the opening behind them. "Well that sucks." He sneered at himself.

Dodging the fallen debris inside the structure, the two brothers whipped past the ground and tried to think of ways to lose the following birds. Seeing an old desk, Fire dropped behind it and bucked outwards, launching it backwards and connecting with two of the five birds. Seeing nothing else inside, he took off towards a window and braced himself as he smashed through the glass and made it outside. Following quickly behind, Lightning kicked at the window frame as he exited, the already damaged side wall collapsed down and closed the way behind them, causing the birds to crash into it.

Spitfire and Soarin chose to instead of flying through the city, they chrged directly at Deidara. Flipping over an incoming bomb, Soarin barreled down at the grinning akatsuki member. The wonderbolt swung his hoof forward, which Deidara easily blocked and swung out his own close combat punches. Seeing that he wouldn't use bombs that close to himself, Spitfire dove into the fray and tried to throw her own blows. As they both continued to punch and kick however, they were easily countered by their opponent with his own hooves.

While always specializing in long range fighting, Deidara was always talented in close quarters combat. He once had to defend himself against several other shinobi coming at him with nothing more than a Kunai in his mouth, and held them off for several minutes before escaping. Now, while he was able to block the incoming pegasi’s punches, their speed was forcing him to stay completely on the defensive and unable to throw any of his own strikes.

Out of the corner of his eye, he watched as all of the other wonderbolts flew back into the sky towards him. Frowning, he quickly pushed out from the two attacking Pegasi and flew up above them all. Clasping his hooves together, he formed a small owl in his mouths. "How about you all try another one of these!" He yelled out as he launched it at them.

In another puff of smoke, the owl expanded to full size and rushed down at the wonderbolts, who scattered at the last moment. The giant bird rushed downward and struck the roof of a nearby building, blowing the entire roof to pieces. Spitfire sat dumbfounded by the size of the blast. 'His power is much more than we thought. If we fight with him over the city, he could blow up all of Canterlot.'

Floating out in front of the others, Spitfire turned to face the rest of the members again. "Look, we have to get him away from the city. If we are to fight him, we have got to do it in the open."

"How do we get him to just follow us?" Lightning Streak asked.

Chuckling, Fire Streak floated up above the others. "Leave that to me." Flying up towards Deidara, he put his hooves to his mouth as he yelled. "Hey, you should cut that mare hairstyle. If it wasn't in your eyes blinding you, you may have actually hit us by now.

That comment led to many face hooves from below, and an involuntary eye twitch from above.

---

Walking through the deserted street, pain had met nearly no resistance after breaking through the wall to the city. He had expected to find massive amounts of soldiers waiting for him the moment he had entered, but was surprised to not even see running civilians. "This seems too quiet for a place this large." He said to himself.

To his right, he saw Konan trotted at pace with him as she looked around as well. He noticed the uneasiness in her face as she gazed at the sections of destroyed sections of buildings from Deidara's pass earlier. "Something is troubling you, Konan." He plainly stated.

Looking up to him, Konan had an almost pleading look in her eyes. "Must we have to destroy this place if we are just retrieving this beast? Why can't we just interrogate one pony until they give us the location of the creature and then leave?"

Stopping his pace, Pain gave her another one of his usual emotionless stares. "You are concerned with something that doesn't matter to our own goal. We are to return to our own world and bring peace to the lands. We have nothing connected to this place and therefore it has no use and does not matter to us."

"Pain, listen to me. When I was in that small village earlier, I felt something deep inside of me. It was something I had not felt for years and believed I could never experience it again. I had not felt that since the time with..." She took a breath before continuing, "since we were with him."

Pain did not need a name to understand who she was referring to; Their master from years ago back when they were still young. That single being had took them into his home and raised them as his own students. Learning from him, they trained diligently to increase their strength and skills to fight for themselves. Not only that, but they gained an understanding to what their master wanted to accomplish; peace in their world. That dream had faded however, and pain himself had killed his own mentor when his own goals for peace were trying to be stopped.

Turning back forward, Pain continued on walking. "He is but in the past for us. His form of peace is impossible. Unless one understands pain, they will never know peace."

"Please, listen to me. This place is not like the shinobi world we come from. There is no hatred between the ponies here. I cannot explain it, but this may be the form of peace we have been looking for."

Pain went to respond, but the sound of something rushing through the air caught his attention. Creating a small shockwave in front of himself, the purple blast of magic was obliterated into hundreds of small particles. Looking up, he watched as over a dozen lunar guards lowered themselves out of the sky, each Pegasi carrying a unicorn with them. Landing on the ground, the ponies folded their bat wings to their sides and drew their weapons.

Seeing the obstacle In his way, Pain walked forward towards them. "I will take care of these ones. Go off on your own to look, Konan." He ordered.

While wanting to object to him, Konan held her tongue and took off down another alleyway. After she left, Pain focused back onto the group in front of him. One of the unicorns in the front walked towards him, sword levitated in front of his face. "You are under arrest by the order of the guard."

Shutting his eyes, Pain took several steps towards them, putting all of them on edge. "Tell me the location of Discord now."

"I will not give you another warning..." The lead guard stepped forward along with four others. "Stand down or you will be shown no mercy."

Before the lead guard could react, however, a black rod shot through the air and pierced his chest plate, killing him. The other guards sat in shock as they watched their commanding officer struck down in just moments. Looking back up, they saw Pain standing there with his hoof in the air.

“You have no chance against the power of a god.” The akatsuki member coldly stated.

The next moment, a powerful shockwave erupted out from himself, ripping up chunks of stone from the street as it expanded outward from his body. The guards felt the blast strike them and launch them backwards through the air, crashing through anything that stood in their way as they helplessly tumbled backwards.

Pain watched as only a few of the guards crawled back up to their hooves after being hit by his technique. Seeing that they wouldn’t just stay down, he realized he would have to take more time in searching for his target. "Hm. Troublesome beings."

---

The eight wonderbolts rushed through the night sky as they led the pursuing akatsuki member after them. They had flown for several miles away from the city and had now ended up over the top of the Everfree forest. Far out from Canterlot, they knew it was now at least safe from this crazed Pegasus.

Deidara knew exactly what they were doing; trying to lure him away from the city. While he was supposed to follow the orders he was given and attack the city, he figured taking out a few specific ponies wouldn't be too much of a problem. A large grin spread across his face as he made more bombs for his target. "True art always goes out with a blast!"

Dipping down into the trees, the wonderbolts scattered out into their pairs again to not be caught in a single attack. Spitfire narrowly dodged the birds that came at her, striking the trees that she hid behind. One however came much closer than the others, blowing up a large chunk of tree and blasting several pieces into her right side. Yelping out in pain, she dropped down to the ground and clutched her ribs.

"Spitfire!" Soarin screamed as he watched his good friend get injured. Before he could go check on her, two packs of clay birds surrounded him, cornering the blue Pegasus in a cluster of trees. Deidara smiled as the birds dove down and converted onto the trapped target. "Nice
chasing you. Now, go up... In an explosion!"

BOOM!

Spitfire's mouth hung open in utter shock as the blast enveloped Soarin. Her heart felt like something just pierced right through the center of it as the smoke rose up from the spot in the forest. Her longtime friend blown up right in front of her and she didn't do anything to help him.

"S-Soarin..." She choked out as her eyes began watering.

The other members flying could not believe what just happened either. The two Streak brothers were completely silent. Misty and High Winds both started crying. Fleetfoot and Rainbow also felt their eyes watering at the loss of their companion. Their sadness rapidly turned to hatred and anger at the sound of laughing from above.

"Ha ha ha! I told you the outcome of facing my jutsu." Deidara chuckled as he prepared to refill his mouths. "You are all going to suffer the same fate as your friend tonight as I-

Bursting through the smoke, a furious Soarin charged the akatsuki member wielding a large branch in his hooves. "Rahhhh!" He screamed out as he swung out at the startled Deidara.
Ducking down, Deidara barely dodged the branch from striking his head, but couldn't stop the wood from slamming into his right wing. Screaming out in pain as the bones in his wing cracked, he fell out of the sky and crashed down into the dirt below.

Spitfire's eyes went wide at seeing her friend alive. Kicking off from the ground, she sped through the air and crashed into his side as she embraced him. "Oh Soarin! I thought you were dead back there!"

Soarin however wasn't enjoying the hug as much. "Agh! Spit! Burns!"

Opening her eyes, Spitfire let him go and floated back a few feet. Now actually looking at his condition, she gasped; most of his flight suit had been blown off from the blast. His chest area was burned clean of hair and left with a dark red patch across his skin. His back legs also were burnt really bad, some of the hair still smoking. His head and wings somehow weren't injured at all besides stained dark gray from the smoke.

Seeing her reaction, Soarin put a hoof onto her shoulder and smiled. "Don't worry, it looks worse than it is. Just... Don't touch it and it will be fine."

The other members quickly circled around the two of them as they all yelled out in happiness. Soarin grinned at seeing how happy they were, and then chuckled when he saw Rainbow.

"Dash, are you crying for me?"

Realizing they saw her acting emotional, Rainbow took her goggles off and wiped her eyes dry. "No I'm not crying! My... My goggles were too tight and pushed against my face too hard."

Chuckling, Soarin turned away from the group and faced Deidara, who was glaring back at him. The blonde maned Pegasus was flexing his broken wing, knowing it was useless now. Deidara grunted as he yelled up to the wonderbolts hovering in the air. "Still alive after those?"

Soarin nodded. "Your birds are pretty quick, but I noticed that the group coming from my left was lagging behind the others, so I quickly ducked behind the large tree to help shield some of blast. In that small window of time before the next group, I flew out and got to another large tree. I'm lucky those bombs of yours were little."

Hearing that brought a small grin to Deidara. "So you think my art is small?" He stood up and shoved his hooves back in his pouches. "Perhaps I should jump from C1 chakra to the next level."

All of the wonderbolts watched as Deidara slapped his hooves together, suddenly enveloped in a large cloud of smoke. Rainbow turned her head over to Spitfire. "When is that special thing that Rapid Fire has gonna get here?"

Spitfire continued to stare down at the expanding cloud of smoke. "I don't know."

"I think we may need it now."

The cloud was suddenly pushed outward from a gust of wind on the inside. Standing behind Deidara was a massive clay creature over twenty feet tall and close to a hundred feet long. On its back rested two massive wings sticking out to its sides. Complementing its long tail was a slender neck, ending with a massive head.

Deidara chuckled at the shocked faces of all the Pegasi in the sky. "Behold my favorite piece of art: the C2 dragon!"

Author's Note:

DUN DUN DUN!

once again, sorry about the early post. If you are upset Pain is not getting much action right now, be patient, his chapters will be coming soon. i hope you enjoy this and the future of this and all the other battles.