• Published 12th Oct 2012
  • 11,949 Views, 1,023 Comments

Akatsuki in Equestria - chaos2012



Tobi and the members of The Akatsuki are teleported to another planet

  • ...
48
 1,023
 11,949

Trouble in Ponyville

Walking steadily behind the wagon, Itachi and Kisame had hardly spoken as they followed the family of ponies leading them to the town called Ponyville. The akatsuki pair chose not to try to interact with their guides as much as possible, but their plan was constantly disrupted by the young filly by their side bombarding them with questions.

"So, why do ya have those things on yer face?" Applebloom curiously asked the large blue stallion.

Kisame glared down to the annoying filly, his patience at its limits with her constant pestering, "Why don't you go walk back up to your sister and leave me alone."

"Oh come on now, it's always good to talk to Somepony." she responded with a big smile.

Realizing she wouldn't stop, Kisame finally gave in and decided to answer her questions, "Those are my gills."

Applebloom's eyes went wide after hearing that, "Wow! Ah never met a pony with those. Ya can go underwater and breathe?"

"Yes."

"How long can ya do that for?"

"As long as I want." Kisame was now becoming irritated.

"What's yer record?"

"Applebloom, why don't ya let them walk in peace." Applejack called from up ahead. The young filly gave a sad look up to her sibling and left the two following ponies.

"ugh, finally." Kisame thanked the break that he got from the jabbering youngster. Looking forward, he grunted at seeing how slow the wagon ahead was going. "Why don't we just leave now? They said the town is down this road, and we can move much faster on our own. We don't have to follow them the whole time."

Itachi stared forward, not even taking the time to turn to his partner, "If we simply asked where the town is and took off towards it, they would be suspicious."

Kisame gave a questioning look over , "Suspicious? I have gills on my face, not to mention my Samehada. And our dark outfits? I think they are already suspicious of me and you."

“It doesn't matter. And even so, we are not going to this village to stay for long."

"It better have something useful for us."

Itachi turned his attention to the orange mare walking by the cart, "Perhaps I can find out some information now." Picking up his pace, he quickly caught up to the wagon.

Applejack turned and saw Itachi coming closer, giving an eerie feeling throughout her body, 'what does he want?' she thought to herself. Not wanting to be rude, she gave a smile as he approached, "How are ya doing'?"

"I am doing well. I thank you for taking us to the town. Hopefully we will not be there long." Itachi kept his eyes locked on the farmer as he talked.

Applejack was caught off guard, not expecting a statement like that, "Oh, it is no bother. So, Uh... Where are you two from?"

Itachi looked forward again, "We are mercenaries that are traveling through the land for work."

"Eh... What?"

"Soldiers for hire. We find areas and peo-ponies that need assistance from problems." technically, Itachi wasn't lying, since the Akatsuki originally did function in that style of work.

"Oh, Ah see. Well, that's good to know y'all try to help others." Itachi did not respond to her; he just stared straight ahead. Feeling the awkward silence fill the air, she nervously turned to Big Mac, who also stared curiously at the gray earth pony.

After a minute, Itachi talked again, "Is there any beasts around here that need to be taken care of?"

Applejack flipped her head around, lifting an eyebrow at the cloaked traveller, "Beasts? Why do ya ask?"

"We specialize in dealing with creatures of power that... cause trouble to others." Knowing that simply demanding where a form of power was would not work without interrogation, he chose to take casual talk to gather the answers he desired.

"Well, if y'all want just a big animal to catch, there's a mighty big Hydra in the Everfree Forest near our town. Ah don't think it has any powers, though."

Itachi contemplated what to ask next, trying to keep it as inconspicuous as possible, "I mean of creatures that cannot be stopped by normal weapons or tactics; I am speaking of beasts with, unnatural power."

Applejack tilted her head to think of anything that came to mind, but only one thing came to her, "There was one; he called himself Discord."

Itachi turned back to Applejack, now listening intently, "Alright, what is so troublesome about this... Discord?"
“He is the spirit of chaos; using his powers to change the world around him to cause trouble to every pony in Equestria."

Itachi looked forward after hearing that, 'Perfect...' he thought to himself, 'something that could be of use for us.' he turned back, "How would one find this spirit?"

Applejack gave a small chuckle, "Well sugarcube, ah don't think y'all could take on Discord. He's pretty tough. Besides he's been turned to stone by-"

"There it is!" Applebloom yelled out.

Glancing ahead, Itachi saw the small village over the crest of the hill that they were on. It wasn't that large, but would serve as a great spot to find out more of the one known as Discord. Shifting his gaze back to Applejack, he gave a nod of thanks and trotted back to his partner.

Despite seeing he was being thankful, Applejack could not see any form of emotion from the dark pony. His face seemed stiff, as if he had never smiled in his entire life. His eyes were the part that caught her attention the most; it wasn't the color, which was a simple brown, but the look that they emitted was one of cold, yet almost painful emotion.

-----------

"So, nothing out of the ordinary that you have seen since last night?" Swift asked.

Mayor Mare just shook her head, "I'm sorry sir, but I have not seen or heard from anypony that anything different has been noticed."

Swift gave a slight grunt of frustration, "Alright then, take care." Turning away from Ponyville hall, he trotted back down to the main street through Ponyville. He had been asking the same question to over a dozen ponies throughout, and none of them had seen anything that was worth even investigating at any time soon.

Blitz and Blaze weren't having any better luck. Every pony that was asked had not seen a change in anything since the previous night. Some never even noticed the light that had appeared. The two had covered the entire eastern part of the town and had come across nothing which resembled any kind of threat, giving them doubts on why the royal guards would even be sent out of Canterlot in the first place.

"This is a complete waste of time. We should head back." Blitz grumbled.

Blaze tried to keep his frustration with the mission contained, "Just wait. We will scout out a little more-"

"Oh come on, scout for what? To see if the dog in town could go crazy?" Blitz shot out. He always hated being put on pointless chases just like the time when the princess ordered him to stand watch outside of the castle to keep an eye out for any pony trying to mess with the Canterlot gardens, even though there had never been an incident for the last ninety years.

Choosing to make their search a little more enjoyable, the two guards chose to travel over to Sugar Cube Corner and pick up some sweets to enjoy on their walk. Walking in, they looked around for the worker, "Excuse me?"

"HI BLITZ AND BLAZE!"

"Dah!" both of them yelped out in surprise by the bubbly pink earth pony in front of them. "Don't do that to a guard, civilian, you..." Blaze paused as he recognized her, "Hey, you’re Pinkie Pie of the elements of harmony, I recognize you from the royal wedding."

"Yep I am! That's cool you remember me, Blaze." she said enthusiastically.

His face twisted with confusion after hearing that, "Wait a minute, how do you know my name?”

"Or mine!?" Blitz added.

"Oh you sillies, I know every ponies names! At the wedding I asked Shining and the princess who were the other guards were, and I never forget a name." pinkie couldn't resist her urge to hop with nearly every word she said.

Blitz turned to Blaze with a blank look on his face, "Should we report this as unusual?"

-----------

Walking out of the spa, Rarity and Fluttershy's coats glistened in the light of the sun. Both of them felt so relieved after the extra long treatment they had gotten that day."Oh what a marvelous feeling do I have whenever I leave this place!" Rarity exclaimed as she walked with a little hop in her trot.

"Oh yes, it did feel good." Fluttershy quietly answered with a smile. While she did not get the pleasure that Rarity gained from their time, she really did love it too.

"Hey girls!"

Both of them turned to the direction of the voice and saw a small purple dragon walking towards them. Rarity gave a big smile seeing their friend, "Hello Spike, how are you today?"

He smiled up to the white unicorn, "Doing alright, I'm a little bored though. Since Twilight is at Canterlot I've been alone at the library."

"What are you doing right now?" Fluttershy asked.

"I was actually just walking around to waste time." he dutifully answered, "Cleaning a library constantly gets to you after a while."

"Ugh, Twilight is always working you to the bone, Spike. You deserve to have a break whenever you want." Rarity Exclaimed. She always knew Spike worked so hard despite being a baby dragon, yet she never really heard him complain about it too much. He truly was a perfect assistant for any pony to have.

Her train of thought was broken by the sound of a wagon rolling down the road. All three of them turned to see their good friend Applejack and her family walking down the street. Wanting to greet her, they all walked in that direction to meet them.

Applejack smiled at seeing some of her friends, "Hey y'all! How’s it been in Ponyville while we been gone?"

"Oh, just Ponyville being Ponyville, Applejack, Nothing special." Rarity stated.

"So how was the trip to Hoovesdale?" Spike asked.

"It was good, Spike. We got to sell all them apples we took there and-" Applejack stopped to see Fluttershy slightly trembling, "What's wrong, sugarcube?"

"Wh-who are they?" the frightened Pegasus asked. The others as well stared curiously at the two guests that were behind the cart.

Applejack had momentarily forgotten about the ponies she had met on the road. Looking back to them, she noticed how they were walking forward towards them. She quickly turned back to her friends, "Ah'm not too sure exactly; they said they are soldiers for hire or somethin' like that."

"Soldiers?" Spike stared curiously at the approaching ponies, "They sure don't look like soldiers."

Itachi and Kisame walked up to the group of chatting mares and dragon. They saw how they were getting weird stares from all of them. Deciding to have a little fun, Kisame walked up to the small yellow Pegasus and bent down to her face, "Boo!"

"Eeep!" Fluttershy shot up from the ground and jumped behind Rarity.

Rarity glared up to the large pony, "Now that was very rude of you! Just because..." she caught herself staring at his odd features, "you’re, different doesn't give you the right to do that."

Kisame just smirked at the little pony beneath him,"Heh, whatever."

"Hey, you two!"

All of the ponies turned to see two guards approach them. Itachi felt slight frustration build up inside if him, 'Great, already being stopped.'

Barren and Storm Chaser stopped about twenty feet from the two strange ponies behind the group. The different outfits they wore and the large weapon the one carried was something that caught both of their eyes. Barren leaned over and whispered to Storm, "You think these could those ponies we were supposed to look for?"

"I'm not sure. Let us find out." Storm turned back to the odd figures, "Excuse me, we need to ask you a few questions."

---------

"I told you already, he just attacked me for no reason."

Spitfire turned to look at her friend she was helping fly, "Look, I'm not saying you’re lying, but I do know you have a knack for pushing ponies buttons."

Rainbow Dash glared at Spit, "Well I... Just said he had a mares haircut, but he started it!"

Spitfire rolled her eyes and looked back forward. She couldn't get the image of those strange mouths on that Pegasus she had stopped from killing Rainbow. Never in her entire life had she even heard of something like that on any pony ever before. Trying to forget it, she glanced to Rainbow's wing, "How does it feel?"

"It's a lot better now. Hey, Spit..." she slowly turned to stare her friend in the eye, "Thanks back there. I owe you one."

Spitifre cast a large smile, "No problem Dash." Both of them glided down as they came over Ponyville. Landing on the main street, Spitfire immediately recognized someone that she did not expect, "Swift?"

The guard turned around at the call of his name. To his surprise, it was the wonderbolts captain, "Spitfire? What are you doing here?"

"I was going to ask you the same."

"We are here to check on the safety of the town. The princess needs us to search for anything out of the ordinary."

Hearing that, Rainbow let out a sarcastic chuckle, "Out of the ordinary? How about the Pegasus that tried to blow me up this morning!" she yelled out.

"Rainbow! It's ok now." Spitfire put a hoof on her cyan friend to calm her down. She looked back to Swift, who had taken a step back from the outburst, "She was attacked this morning by a weird Pegasus with mouths on his hooves."

"It had what?" Swift couldn't believe what he was hearing.

"Yeah, and it shot these clay birds out of them and they would explode. He almost got me." Rainbow said as she showed the guard the different burns across her fur and wing.

"What did he look like?"

“He was a brownish-orange color with a blonde mane. And he-"

Spitfire saw Rainbows face go flush from color as she stared ahead down the street. "Dash, what's wrong?" Rainbow slowly lifted her hoof, pointing at what she was staring to. Spit turned and saw several hundred feet down the road what made her friend scared, "There! He was wearing that outfit!"

Swift flipped around and saw two ponies in black robes. He saw that Barren and Storm Chaser were already interrogating them, 'These have got to be the ponies we have been looking for. I wonder how many there are besides these two.' he said to himself. Flapping his wings, he flew in that direction and landed right next to the other guards.

Itachi took notice of the new figure in front of him. He was sure that their simple intel mission was going to be more difficult than planned, "Is there a problem?"

"Gentlecolts, I'm going to need you two to come with us back to Canterlot." Swift sternly said.

To the side, Rarity, Fluttershy, Spike, and the Apple family were confused with what was happening."What's going on?" spike asked.

"Ah have no idea." Applejack chimed in.

Itachi looked at the guards that stood before him, "For what reason are you arresting us?"

“Thats just what he was wearing!”

All of the ponies in the street turned to see Rainbow Dash glaring at the two strangers, “That pegasus with those exploding birds is with them!”

Barren sat confused from the accusation, “What is she talking about?”

Kisame started laughing out loud at this point, “So, it seems Deidara already had some fun today.”

Swift cast a glare at the odd looking pony, “So you are connected with the stranger i was told about. Alright, you two are coming with us. We will let the princesses decide what to do with you."

Kisame grinned at the order he was just given, "Are you going to make us go with you?"

"If you don't comply, we will use force." the three guards simultaneously put their hooves on the swords to their sides.

Itachi closed his eyes, "I would not do that if I were you." when he reopened, the once normal brown color had turned blood red, with his standard three tomoe pattern surrounding the pupil.
The guards gasped at the sight of the sharingan.

Itachi's words echoed through the quiet street, "You should never challenge the power of a shinobi."