• Published 12th Oct 2012
  • 11,949 Views, 1,023 Comments

Akatsuki in Equestria - chaos2012



Tobi and the members of The Akatsuki are teleported to another planet

  • ...
48
 1,023
 11,949

The Sacrifice

In the royal castle of Canterlot, Celestia and Luna sat in their throne room in deep thought. The elder sister was holding the scroll that Spike had sent her just a few minutes ago. Reading over the description that was given to them sounded like something that was too far fetched even be plausible to believe.

Luna stood up and paced back and forth as her sister read aloud the parchment for what seemed like the tenth time that afternoon. Her face was pulled back into a tight scowl as she listened to her sisters words. "Why must we wait here, Tia. We should be out, looking for the vile ponies that are described."

Celestia shook her head at her sister, "Luna, If this letter had been from anyone other than Spike I would have ignored it. How could an earth pony ever perform the feats that are described in here? Blowing fire out of his mouth? Creating water out of nowhere? Those are powers that few unicorns ever learn."

"But Spike told how those ponies attacked thy guards! Thou must act now and strike them down!" Luna shouted out.

"I know, and perhaps he is telling the truth about their powers. If those two do have the abilities Spike described, there is no possible way for us to know how much more power that they may have."

Luna stopped pacing and stared at her sibling, "Art thou scared, sister? Dost thou not wish to defend our world from these invaders?"

Celestia glared at her, "I am not scared for myself. I am scared of what could happen to our ponies. If these... Invaders are truly dangerous, I'm afraid of the well-being for our citizens."

"Then let's fight for their safety! Let us go out if thou won't, Tia. We shall scatter them like leaves and-"

The doors to the chamber burst open, startling both of the princesses. They turned to see Twilight Sparkle running towards them followed by two Pegasus. They immediately recognized them as Rainbow Dash and Spitfire. Celestia stepped down from her throne as they approached, "Twilight, what are you doing here?"

Twilight took a second to catch her breath before speaking, "Princess, they just flew in from Ponyville and told me some horrible news! There are-"

"I know Twilight. I have already been notified." she interjected as she lifted the letter up in the air.

Twilight stared at the paper, "Is that from Spike?"

"Yes. He sent it not too long ago. He explained how those two ponies came to the village and threatened the safety of the citizens."

"What happened? Are they alright?" Rainbow quickly asked.

Celestia gave a solemn look, "Spike said that my guards suffered some injuries, but none of them were killed thankfully. He said that the two of them suddenly left after fighting for a short time. He and the others are coming to Canterlot as we speak."

Spitfire gave a sigh of relief knowing that the guards were alright, but immediately remembered another important fact, "Your highness, what are your plans to protect the statue of Discord?"

The sun princess tilted her head in confusion, "Why would we need to protect it?"

Both Pegasi exchanged worried glances with each other before Rainbow turned back forward, "He didn't tell you? These ponies are after Discord."

Celestia's eyes went wide when she heard that. The magic around the letter she had vanished, causing the paper to fall to the floor. Luna stopped her pacing and flipped around as well, "What art thou talking about?"

"They were asking the guards where Discord was located." Rainbow answered quickly, "And those other two were also asking about-"

"What!? Other two?" Celestia interrupted, "What are you talking about now? There were more?"

Rainbow then went on to explain what had happened to her earlier that day. She told the two royal alicorns how she met the one named Deidara and his partner in the Everfree forest, how they asked her for a source of power and all of that. Then she went into detail about the strange weapons that the pegasus shot from the mouths he had on his hooves towards her.
When she was finished, Celestia walked over to her sister to whisper in her ear, "This is much worse than we could've imagined Luna. There is the chance that these aren't the only ones. We have to assume that there are more as well that we haven't heard from yet."

Luna nodded in agreement, "What should we do then?"

"Go outside and guard the statue personally while I-"

"What? Tia, tho... you want me to sit on my rump while those ponies are out there?"

"Luna, you and I are the strongest in Canterlot. If these ponies are really as powerful as we have heard, we have to ensure that Discord is kept safe from them. Who knows what they are planning if they did get him. I need your help with that while I prepare the rest of the guards."

Luna frowned, but eventually nodded before walking out of the room towards the main doors to the side. Celestia then turned back to the three mares before her, "alright, I am going to need you two..." pointing a hoof at Rainbow and Spitfire, "to prepare the wonderbolts squadron for action. Air specialists are what we are going to need for in case we have to fight above the ground."

Rainbow jumped forward at hearing what was said, "wait wait wait. Did... You just ask for me... To help... Wonder..." she couldn't finish her sentence at that point.

Celestia grinned at the response from the young pegasus, "As of this moment, I name you, Rainbow Dash, an official member of the wonderbolts. Captain Spitfire, what do you say to this choice?"

The yellow mare smiled to her friend, "I would be honored to have Rainbow as a member of my team."

Rainbow had to hold back the squeal of excitement that built up in her throat. Twilight came over to congratulate her, "Well Rainbow, it looks like you finally got your dream. Your loyalty shows up here by how you never gave up.

Those last words caused Rainbows smile to vanish instantly. 'Loyal?' she thought to herself, 'I can't believe I left my friends back in Ponyville.' she tried to convince herself that it was to help Spitfire, but she knew in her heart that it was fear that made her leave.Before she could respond, Spitfire signaled her to follow over to the wonderbolt camp to get the others. "Oh, heh heh, gotta go Twilight." Rainbow quickly said before running after her new captain.

Twilight smiled at seeing her friend so happy, but then focused her attention to her teacher, "What about me, princess? What should I do?"

Celestia turned her gaze towards her purple pupil, "Twilight, I have a special job for you to prepare for."

---

Rain was creeped out as he watched Hidan use his tongue to lick off some of the blood that was on the edge of his weapon. He looked over to Cross Bow and Cloud Top to see that they had the same grossed out expression that he had. "What the heck is he doing?" Rain asked.

Cloud shook his head in disgust, "How should I know? He's a freak."

music link

Hidan chuckled darkly as he felt the power start to flow through him. Suddenly, his fur shifted it's white hair to a gray tone, before darkening into solid black. The color was as dark as the coat worn by the tyrannical Nightmare Moon. All across his face and his body were white markings blended in his fur, resembling where the bones of that part of the body would be. Lifting the spike, he jammed the end of it into his foreleg.

Rain and the others gasped at the act. "What the hell is he doing to himself!?"

Hidan grinned as he watched the blood flow down onto the dirt, forming a small red puddle. Putting his free hoof into the small mass of blood, he began to smear it onto the ground around him in a wide circle. After it surrounded him, she began to create a triangle design in herbs center of it, until it was identical to the necklace that he had around his neck. He looked up to the blue Pegasus and smiled, "Now, the bond is complete. Judgement shall come." lifting the spike again, he rammed it into his right ankle.

"AHH!" Rain screamed out in pain as he dropped onto the ground, clutching his right ankle.

Cloud jumped back from his comrade from the sudden reaction, "What the... Rain, are you alright?" he bent down to see what was wrong, but was shocked to see an open wound on Rain's ankle, "What happened?"

Hidan burst out laughing now, "Ha ha ha! Oh, this is great! Do you like that? Do you enjoy the pain?"

Cross Bow glanced back and forth between Hidan and Rain, trying to put together what was happening. Suddenly, it hit him. "The blood! He tasted Rains blood!"

Rain saw the wound Hidan did to himself was the same as the one that suddenly appeared on his own leg. He then saw the strange design that was drawn on the ground below the seemingly undead pony. He felt a chill run up his spine as Hidan stood up on his hind legs and clutched the spike between both hooves. "What- what are you doing?"

Hidan hissed more laughter at the look of fear on his victims face,"Now, I am giving Jashin the offering that I promised. Good bye!" he screamed out as he brought the black weapon down and rammed it into his chest.

The sudden painful sensation hit Rain like a train. He dropped to the ground and clutched his chest with his hooves. He began to roll around in agony as a rush of blood came up from deep inside his throat and erupted out of his mouth. His heart felt as if something was ripping at it with a knife. It was the most painful thing he had ever felt in his entire lifetime.

Hidan sat with the spike embedded deep inside of his chest, relishing the sensation of the tip running through the center of his heart. He took several deep breaths before tilting his head back from the pleasure of pain as he grinned up to the sky, "Amazing. Jashin will be pleased with this one." he looked down to the ponies in front of him and started laughing.

Cross Bow dropped down and put his hooves on his friend, "Rain! Come on buddy, get up, we have to get out of here."

Rain tried to look up to his comrade, but he began to lose all focus in his head. His breath was coming in rapid gasps, each one growing weaker and weaker every second. His heart was beating in irregular patterns as it faltered. Then, it stopped beating altogether.

Cross Bow panicked as his lifelong friend stopped moving. "Rain! Get up, buddy. Come on!" He started to shake the bleeding pony on the shoulder. When he didn't wake, he shook more vigorously, "Get up!" He eventually stopped, finally coming to terms with the answer.

Rain was dead.

---

Hidan’s laughter echoed across the grass field, reaching the ears of the other group of soldiers. Shining Armor turned around to see the crazy pony now covered in black fur. Confused, he stared and watched as the fur began to slowly fade to a gray, until returning to it's normal white color. He then watched as it ripped a long black weapon out of its chest. His mind was trying to figure out what he just saw when his eyes shifted to the slump body laying down in the grass. "Rain?"

Neon was looking as well, "What happened to him? Is... is he Dead?"

Kakazu chuckled as he looked over to his laughing partner, "Well, it looks like Hidan has finally gotten his sacrifice."

Shining Flipped around and stared at the masked brown stallion, "What are you talking about?"

“Is it not obvious?" Kakazu asked with a cold tone, "Hidan possesses the body of another through their blood. Then, performing his ritual, all the pain he experiences his shared with the other."

"What?"

Kakazu's green eyes stared right back at the captain, "Remember when you stabbed him in the heart? He doesn't die."

The realization hit all of the soldiers at the same time. They all turned back to stare at the now limp body of their ally on the grass in the distance. A a terrible feeling of pain came over every one of them knowing they didn't do anything to try and help out Rain. Anger spread across Lightning Flash's face as he turned back to the other black cloaked pony. His horn began to charge up, creating small currents of electricity off the tip and flow into the air, "You two freaks are going to pay for what you did to him."

Kakazu lifted his right hoof off the ground and tilted it up towards the teal unicorn, "You are quite the feisty one, aren't you?" instantaneously, his hoof shot off his leg towards the startled pony.

Flash's face went from hatred to panic as the hoof rushed through the air, "What the!?" jumping back to the side, he barely evaded the hoof as it crashed into the ground below him. Looking at the hoof, his eyes followed up the back of it, leading to a large bundle of purple, cable like appendages connected to the base of it. He nervously followed the pulsing cables up to the end of the open leg of Kakazu. His breathing began to falter as his nerves were leaping out of control from seeing the disgusting ligaments wriggling around.

Rock Kicker nearly gagged at the wretched tentacles flopping as they retracted back inside of Kakazu's leg. "That is disgusting! What in the heck are these ponies!?"

Kakazu looked over to the brown pony and lifted his other front hoof up and shot it out. Kicker was too startled to move at all as the rapidly approaching hoof came towards his face. Luckily, Spear tip leapt up and swung his sword, severing the connection between the tendrils and the hoof. The small stump fell to the ground with a soft thud, followed by Spear a moment later, grinning at his accomplishment.

"Look out!" Neon Screamed out.

Flipping around, Spear dropped his sword out of shock as the long strand of purple cables rushed towards him. Before he could get back, the long pieces wrapped all around his body, holding him down tight. Flipping his leg back, Kakazu lifted the helpless pony high into the air above him. "Rahh!" He grunted as he yanked downward, bringing Spear down to the ground with back-breaking force.

"Spear!" Flash called out in panic. He saw that his friend was hurt but still conscious.

Kicker charged with his sword and swung at Kakazu, who quickly lifted his other leg up. the tone of fur shifted much darker, then blocked the incoming sword. The blade came to a harsh stop colliding with the limb, which was as hard as a rock. Kakazu stared up past his leg at the startled pony, “Do you like my earth style; iron skin technique?” he laughed as Kicker ran back out of fear.



Unwrapping his tendrils from the dazed pony, Kakazu shot some other long cables over to his amputated hoof and lifted it back towards him. The sharp tips of the tendrils acted like sewing needles, going through his skin as it began stitching the hoof back on. After a second, it was reattached just as well as it was before. Neon was in total disbelief at what he was witnessing. Each of these ponies were unlike anything he had ever seen before; one was able to put body parts back on like a toy set, while the other one could kill another one by ingesting it's blood Like some living zebracan voodoo doll. He looked over to his captain for answers, "Sir, what do we do?"

Shining glared at the zombie like pony, "We fight until we find his weakness. Let's test if this one will live if it is hit through his heart."

Kakazu looked up into the sky and saw the position of the sun. He frowned under his mask, "Hmm, we are going to be late for the meeting tonight." he said to himself. "If we are here fighting, might as well make this more interesting for myself."'he reached his hoof to the opening of his cloak and began to open up the front. Once his forelegs were free, he tossed the black clothing to the side.

All of the guards eyes shot open to the sight that beheld them under the clothes. Shining thought he was imagining it at first, but then noticed the others were just as shocked as he was. "What in the name of Celestia is he?"

Out of Kakuzu's back were four different masks sticking up through his skin.