• Published 12th Oct 2012
  • 11,949 Views, 1,023 Comments

Akatsuki in Equestria - chaos2012



Tobi and the members of The Akatsuki are teleported to another planet

  • ...
48
 1,023
 11,949

Masks

Through the leaves of the low hanging branches, a cloaked figure stepped into the sunlight. From his perspective high on the hill, he gazed down to the large castle that sat in the distance. His bright sharingan shined through the single hole in his mask as he squinted his eye in attempt to get a better view. "Hmm. This place looks interesting." Tobi said as he stared at the massive city for a while, analyzing the structures and landscape.

From what he could see, the main castle was set in the side of the large mountain behind it. From its base, it surrounded by a sprawling and vast village, rivaling the size of even the large Hidden Leaf Village back in his own world. Similar to the Leaf, the village had a large main wall that went around the exterior, giving itself a major line of defense against any intruders. Seeing this caused him to chuckle to himself, "hm hm hm, I don't believe they have come across intruders like us."

The sound of a loud whistle in the air caught his attention, making his ears stand up out of reflex. Off across the valley in the distance, a strange machine like shape was traveling towards the outer wall of the village. From the front of it rose what looked like a column of steam similar to some of the large ships in his world, although he had never seen a structure that travelled across the land like this. "This surely is a different place."

"Yes, it is."

The cold yet familiar voice behind him caused Tobi to turn and face the speaker. Dissolving out of the side of a tree, the large green Venus fly trap of Zetsu stuck out of the bark. Opening up the center, the black and white face stared at him with bright yellow eyes. "So, i take it that you found something that could be of use to us?" Tobi asked.

"Yes, we have found another type of horse that lives in this world..." the black half said, "Off in the desert to the south."

"What good does learning that another type of horse lives here in helping find something that I want?" Tobi coldly replied.

"We aren't actually sure if these are types of horses, actually." the white Zetsu half spoke up, "They look more like strange bugs, and they have powers similar to myself."

Tobi became curious at this point hearing this. He allowed Zetsu to continue to explain what he had discovered in the barren desert region. The last part especially intrigued him. "This is good news. I wonder what things the others have found in their travel." turning back to the large village, he saw what appeared to be a group of flying horses being led by a single one larger than the others away from the large wall. 'I could slip in there and look around, but i would rather not deal with trouble at the moment' He thought to himself. "We can investigate this place here with the others. Let us head back then."

Activating his power, Tobi pulled himself into his vacuum like jutsu, once again vanishing from the land. The white Zetsu frowned as they were left there. "He can go anywhere in an instant with that technique. It takes us time to travel still."

"Just shut up." the darker half snapped.

Closing the trap, Zetsu dissolved back into the tree once again, and disappeared under the bark.

---

Shining Armor stared in shock at the masks that protruded out of Kakazu's back. Lining the body of the mutated pony was dozens of long lines of stitches in a mix of directions. Before he or any of his platoon could say anything, the skin on Kakazu's back bulged and shifted in a sickly ripple across his body in strange directions. The masks rose up, pulling at the stitches that held them to their host like leeches. Then, all four ruptured out, literally ripping open the stitched areas across his back. After tearing free, the masks were followed by large black masses of what looked like goop. They arced out and splattered onto the ground with sickening plops.

Lightning Flash couldn't even believe what he was looking at. "What kind of sick pony is he?"

Neon watched as the piles suddenly shifted up from the ground, molding themselves into unique body designs. He sat in shock as the four shapes finally took their forms; All were massive bodies standing taller than the princesses. Each one sported the mask where their supposed faces would be, giving them the appearances of giant demonic puppets. "What in the name of Celestia are these things?"

Spear Tip crawled up to his knees, trying to shake off the dizziness in his head. When he looked up, his pulse rate went through the roof as he stared at the new things that stood before him. 'What in Equestria?' he whispered to himself. He looked over to Kakazu and nearly fainted at what he saw next; the massive opening on his back was closing itself, followed by long lines of threads sewing the skin back together, eventually completely closing the back.

Rock Kicker felt his knees shaking like crazy as the massive new objects just stood there like statues behind the masked pony. He turned to his captain, "Sir, what should we do now?"

Shining Armor was too shocked to answer the question. He had no idea what was going on now. He had never even heard legends of a pony that could create things out of things from its back. This pony truly had to be some kind of demon! He shook his head clear of the fear that was building inside of him. He was the captain, and he had to do what he could to protect his comrades, "Stand together. We don't know what these things can do."

Kakazu chuckled when he heard that. "You want a demonstration then? Alright, I'll give you one." glancing over to the injured Spear Tip, he shot one of his long hooves out and wrapped the dark tendrils around the ponies throat. Pulling back, he lifted the thrashing pony above his head and turned back to the others, "You get what you want in life."

Shining's eyes went wide when he rsw the guard held in the air, "No!"

Kakazu spun around and launched Spear Tip into the air with a powerful throw. As soon as he left go, he clapped his hooves together. Immediately, the tallest of the shapes which mask sported a yellow nose, tilted upwards towards the tumbling pony. Large sparks of electricity began building at the center of the mouth, concentrating the power.

"Lightning Style: Mock Darkness!" kakazu yelled.

A massive bolt of lightning erupted from the mask and blasted into the air. The bright blast illuminated the entire grass plain in a bright blue glow. Then, it hit the mark. Spear Tip screamed in agony writhing in pain as the powerful waves of electricity lit him up in a bright blast of light. The stream of lightning continued on for several more seconds, never once lowering in power that began to overload every nerve inside of the earth pony to the breaking point. After a moment, his heart gave out from the immense shock that became too much to handle. As the lightning stopped, his body fell down to the ground and landed with a large thud.

He was dead before he even hit the ground.

All of the guards felt like their hearts dropped out of their bodies from what they just witnessed. Not only did they realize the power that just one of these things had, but they lost another comrade right before their eyes. Cloud Top and Cross Bow who were away from the others also stared in disbelief to seeing the lightning that killed their friend. Cross Bow looked over to Cloud, seeing the terror in his face. "We don't have a chance against these things." Before Cloud could speak, they heard Hidan start going on a rant.

"Kakazu! What the hell are you doing!? You are going to kill them all like that you selfish bastard!" Hidan screamed across the grass, "I have to give Jashin more sacrifices, and I can't do that if you kill them all, dumbass!"

"I could care less about your god, Hidan. I want to see how long they can last against my abilities." Kakazu responded.

Shining Armor looked at his guards, then back to the figures in front of him. He knew from just seeing the power of one of those things, his group could not hope to defeat four of them and two crazy ponies. 'I was a fool. I should have never tried to engage them in the first place.' he scolded himself, 'thanks to me two of my friends are dead. I can't let the others die as well. Slowly, he started backing up away.

Lightning Flash saw his captain moving, "Sir, what do we do?"

"Fall back..." Shining replied, "Retreat back to Canterlot."

Understanding that they had no chance in victory, all of the guards unanimously turned and began sprinting away from the battle. Cloud Top and Cross Bow also flapped their wings and took off towards their comrades. Hidan glared at seeing more sacrifices leaving him, "Hey, get back here you little pussies!" running over to his scythe, he picked it up and charged after the ponies.

Kakazu watched in amusement as the ponies ran across the grass. "You may think you are safe if you run, but I have no intention of leaving survivors." he said to himself. A moment later, the large, round mass wearing a mask with red markings flew up into the air and rushed after the group of guards. After a few seconds, it passed overhead and landed in their path.
All of the guards skidded to a stop when they saw the thing drop in from of them. "These things can fly too!?" Neon screamed out.

Kakazu clapped his hooves together, causing the red mask to open up at the mouth. Inside, a burning flame began to flicker inside of the gaping jaws, building up to a small ball of fire. "Fire Style: Searing Migraine!"

A massive blast of flames shot out of the mouth of the mask, growing into an immense wall of fire over twenty feet high. The fire rushed forward, catching all of the guards in a state of shock. Kakazu chuckled when he watched the flames completely engulf the ponies. "Hmm. It seems they were not worth much of a fight in the end."

The flames suddenly pushed outward from the center. Kakazu stared in confusion to what happened. "What!?" he watched as the smoke dissipated, leaving what appeared to be a magenta colored energy sphere surrounding the ponies. He glared at seeing that they had survived. "So, they do have some talent to block that technique."

Shining Armor lowered the barrier around them as he dropped to a knee from exertion. the barrier had barely enough moments to surround them, but thankful he was able to even create one that fast in such a small window of time. His little success in his mind was forgotten when the other three masses surrounded them. Neon swallowed the lump in his throat when he saw there was no way out for all of them. He turned and gave a solemn look to the others. "It has been an honor serving with you all."

The others were at first caught off guard, but gave nods of agreement, all of them realizing this was the end. They all prepared themselves when another mask opened its mouth, charging its fire technique. Before it could however, a Bright stream of yellow magic from the sky raced forward, piercing the mask directly through the center. The black mass began to sway back and forth, then collapsed forward onto the ground and dissolved into a wet pile.

Rock kicker stared at the now dead... Thing on the ground in front of him, then turned up to the sky to try and see where that blast came from."what was that?"

Landing on the ground in front of the cracked mask and slop of goop was Blitz and Blaze, grinning at their comrades. Blaze turned and looked to the other remaining masks that were around. "Sorry we're late. Had a little trouble finding you. It looks like you could use our help."

---

The large doors to the throne room of Canterlot swung open, followed by Twilight's friends running inside as fast as they could. The young purple unicorn smiled in delight when she saw all of them. "Girls, Spike! You all made it!" sprinting forward, she met all of them in a big group hug.

"Of course, sugarcube, we always stick together." Applejack happily said.

Rarity looked around the room for their one missing friend. "Hey, where is Rainbow Dash? She left to come here with Spitfire."

“She is fine. Spitfire and her went to the other wonderbolts to prepare them in case of an emergency. And..." Twilight's grin spread across her entire face, "She is a wonderbolt now!"

All of them gasped in excitement hearing that news. Pinkie lie leapt in the air and put her hooves to her face,"OhmygoshI'msohappysheisawonderboltnowIcantbelieveit!" she was speaking so fast the others could hardly understand what she was saying, but in the end just giggled at her antics..

Celestia smiled seeing Twilight and them so happy. Having the girls here also made her feel better; if they had to use the elements of Harmony for any reason, the girls were prepared. Turning to the door, her smile disappeared when she saw the look on the face of the guard entering the room. Barren came slowly trotting down the red carpet towards the princess, his eyes hung low in guilt. When he came to the steps where she stood, he knelt down to the ground, "I'm sorry my princess. We have failed you as soldiers."

Celestia trotted down to him and put a hoof under his chin to raise his head, "No, Barren. You are a fine soldier. You did everything in your power to stand up to the ponies that threatened the town."

Barren chuckled to himself, "Stand up to them? They didn't even seem like they were trying to really fight us. If those two wanted to, they could have killed us whenever they wanted, especially that one dark one. whatever he did to Swift, I have no idea what it was."

"Tell me, what exactly happened to him from what you saw?" she asked him.

She listened to him explain everything that had happened in the fight, detail by detail. Although she read what Spike had told her, hearing the facts from a guard himself brought even more credibility to the story. Once she heard the part about Swift, she sat quiet for a minute to think to herself. 'What kind of power could have done this to a pony? And how could a pony do it if they are not a unicorn?' she looked back down to the soldier, who still knelt on the ground, "Where is Swift?"

"He and Storm Chaser were taken to the emergency center at the hospital. Storm is in operation and Swift... The doctors don't know what is wrong with him."

"Take the girls to his room. I will meet you there." Celestia ordered. Turning around, she trotted to the side doors of the room which led to the balcony. She looked down to see over three dozen guards lined in orderly fashions getting ready to be posted in their stations around the city. Most of the guards had already left and were ready. The ones below she could tell were new recruits judging by their strict line formations. While usually She kept the newbies in the barracks for training, she knew every set of hooves was needed just in case something did come for the city.

Opening her large wings, she glided off the edge of the balcony and towards the center of the gardens. She wanted Luna to be at the hospital as well to understand just what they were going to be dealing with. After a few moments, she saw the statue of Discord, but to her surprise not her sister. "What?" instead, two ponies were below it. Landing on the ground in front of them, she realized they were her sisters guards.

Lunar stallions.

The two guards were draped in purple armor that covered most of their dark gray bodies. Under their purple helmets shined their bright yellow eyes, their pupils slit like that of a serpent. Replacing their normal Pegasus wings on their sides stuck out the long bat wings. Both eyes and wings were from a spell by Luna, giving them increased abilities above normal flight or vision. Mostly, however, they were used to give them a more menacing appearance. When the two soldiers saw the sun princess, they bowed, "Princess of the light, what brings you here?" the one on the right of the statue asked.

Celestia frowned down at the guard, "I could ask you the same thing. Where can I find Princess Luna.?"

The two guards looked at each other in confusion, then the left one turned back to Celestia. "Princess Luna told us that you wanted guards at the statue of Discord while she went on a scouting mission outside of the city."

"What!?" Celestia screamed out, startling both guards. She could not believe what was happening; Luna not only ignored what she was asked to do, but she was now putting herself at risk to go and find these strange ponies. 'Are you doing this to prove something, Luna? Are you trying to show you are not weak?' Celestia thought to herself.

Turning, she looked up to the orange sky from the setting sun. "Luna, you fool."

---

Flying hard through the air, Luna pushed her wings as she led her battalion of Lunar guards over the land. She glared ahead as he wind whipped at her eyes. She frowned thinking back to what her sister had told her to sit like a filly next to a statue while there was a threat in their land. 'No, I am the princess of the night, I do not back down to an enemy!' she screamed inside of her head.

She looked back to check how the others were doing; six lunar Pegasi followed close behind her, each one carrying a lunar unicorn partner by their forelegs. Even when they were told what they could possibly face, all for the guards in the battalion volunteered to join Luna on her mission. They were determined to aid their princess with any task they were given, no matter the danger or the risk that was involved.

Grinning to herself for having such fine soldiers, she looked back ahead in the direction she flew. "We are the soldiers of the night..." she yelled out for the others to hear, "We will fight to protect our land no matter what stands in our way!"

Author's Note:

Back to Canon!

if some of you were wondering why i am dragging this fight out so much, it is because it plays an important role for future events coming. i hope you enjoy.