• Published 5th Oct 2012
  • 888 Views, 15 Comments

1000 years of regret - Firepegasus230



When Nightmare Moon is banished to the moon, Celestia spends 1000 years leaving her choice in doubt, as Cadence tries to save her Empire

  • ...
2
 15
 888

Chapter 2: Cadence's destiny

Luna...Dear little Luna...So naive, so peaceful...

"Aaah" Luna threw off the blankets, bolting upright in her bed. "Just a dream, but it was feeling so real.."
She could still clearly see the cloud of purple smoke dive towards her, catching her, choking her, imprisoning her until she faded away. She sighed, wiping of the sweat dripping from her forehead. She walked slowly to the big window, just in time to see the familiar silhouette elevate in the sky, a gold beam of magic emaning from the tip of her horn as it envelopped her whole body and made the sky glow in beautiful warm colors, slowly, the goddess descended from the burning sky, the sun lowering behind her wide wings.
"It is time."
Luna pushed open the window, standing on the side of the golden balcony. She spread out her wide wings, pulling herself in the darkening sky, she rose high, her horn glowing in a bright silver light, as the moon rised from behind the far mountains of the Frozen North. She accompanied the moon, as the sky changed to beautiful blue and purple colors. Finally, the young princess rised the stars and let the last bits of magic fade in the night as she flew away beating peacefully her wings in the cold air.
She gracefully landed in the middle of the silver trees of the Everfree forest, folding her wings against her body as her eyes shined bright in the darkness of the forest. She had always loved the forest, it's darkness, it's cold, she felt secure with all these trees, older then Gaïa herself. She walked slowly, savoring the silence, the sound of the twigs cracking under her hooves as she progressed through the branches. She turned her head as she saw an owl disappearing in the leaves that surrounded the alicorn. She smiled, admiring the beauty of the night. her night. When the moon reached the top of the sky, Luna stopped walking, sitting there on the ground, wrapping her cerulean tail around her body. She closed her eyes a few instants as the magic shot into the sky, where a shooting star dashed by.

Cadence walked slowly through the Grand Hall, escaping from her bedroom. She walked, the brightness of the moon shining through the windows as it created silver rivers on the red velvet carpets. The filly made her way through several halls until she arrived in the throne room. She quickly flew up the steps, taking place on her cousin's gold seat. Her horn glowed in an azure light as it made the ancient history book appear in front of her purple eyes. She flipped through the pages until she arrived on the page mentioning the Crystal Empire. She stroked the picture of her mother, Queen Amethyst.
"Oh Mother, please tell me what to do...I'll never save the Empire without you..." She sighed. "I don't even know what I am supposed to do."
"Cadence, what are you doing?" A peaceful voice came from next to her. She jumped in fright when she saw Celestia standing there.
"I just came here, hoping to find a way to save the Empire."
"But why are you thinking about it now?"
"Now that Mother is gone, the fate of the whole Empire rests on my shoulders, it is my royal duty to save my subjects..."
"I understand Cadence, but you are far too young to do this alone."
"I can at least try! It's the least I can do!" Shouted the filly, standing up. "I..."
"It's enough Cadence, go back to bed." Celestia walked out the room, the doors slamming shut behind her. The pink alicorn collapsed to her haunches, a single tear rolling down her cheek. It slipped off her fur to hit the ground with a melodic sound. A grasp of blue magic lifted it, Cadence looking at it. It had become a white crystal heart, clear and transparent, as pure as the princess's heart.
"I know what I need to do." She stood again, spreading her wings and taking off, her horn glowed as the stained glass in front of her broke, falling on the ground in thousands of multicolored glass shards. She flew towards the mountains, towards the Frozen North, towards the Crystal Empire, her home...

Luna stood up after a moment, stretching her long legs as she walked a little more...suddenly, she felt something, like a pang against her cheek. She bended towards the ground, catching the object in her magic. A small crystal heart, as small of a drop of dew on the rose petals in the royal gardens.
"Cadence..."
She quickly ran forwards, rising in the sky and flying back to the castle at great speed.
"Celestia! Where is Cadence?" Yelled Luna as she slammed open the door to Celestia's bedroom. The white alicorn rose her head.
"Last time I saw her, she was in the throne room, she was talking about saving the Crystal Ponies."
"Oh no.." Luna ran out the room, followed by her sister. They arrived together in the wide room.
"There!" Pointed the Lunar Princess, she showed the window on their left, it was broken, shards of glass laying on the ground, the moon reflecting through the broken pictures narrating the creation of this world. Outisde the window, they could see the mountains showing the beginning of the Frozen North.
"I think I know where she's going."
Luna was about to walk away when Celestia turned towards her.
"It's time, Luna."
"What do you mean?"
"It's time for Cadence to discover who she is on that journey, it's her destiny to go over there and accomplish her destiny."
"But it's too dangerous! She's just a filly!"
"So are you Luna, but it doesn't stop you from bringing day and night with me."
"We should go help her."
"Only if she needs it."
Luna walked to the broken window, rising herself in the sky, before flying towards the ground, the moon going down with her. As the sky started to change of colors, Celestia rose up, the Sun starting to rise behind her, she went down as well, landing next to her sister.
"She'll be okay, I promise." She said peacefully to the blue alicorn.
"I hope you are right my sister." answered the princess, before turning around and walking back in, without any other words.

Author's Note:

Sorry for the long wait guys, I didn't have much time to work on the story until today, hope you guys enjoy
Just as info, Cadence is about 12 years old right now, don't go imagining she was as young as the CMC, she doesn't have her cutie mark yet. but she's very mature and all
(just for helpin)

Comments ( 3 )

Outisde the window, they could see the mountains showing the beginning of the Frozen North.
"I think I know where she's going."
Luna was about to walk away when Celestia turned towards her.
"It's time, Luna."
"What do you mean?"
"It's time for Cadence to discover who she is on that journey, it's her destiny to go over there and accomplish her destiny."
"But it's too dangerous! She's just a filly!"
"So are you Luna, but it doesn't stop you from bringing day and night with me."
"We should go help her."
"Only if she needs it."
Luna walked to the broken window, rising herself in the sky, before flying towards the ground, the moon going down with her. As the sky started to change of colors, Celestia rose up, the Sun starting to rise behind her, she went down as well, landing next to her sister.
"She'll be okay, I promise." She said peacefully to the blue alicorn.
"I hope you are right my sister." answered the princess, before turning around and walking back in, without any other words.

And that's the mistake Celestia made, one that would set up what's to come.....
i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/348/331/8b0.jpg

Eclipse:Why doesn't thou continue with thy series We would liketh to see thy finished fanfiction.Keep making thy fanfic our dearest subject!

2592823
I haven't had much time to continue it lately, but I'm getting back into it :yay:

Login or register to comment