• Published 22nd Oct 2023
  • 289 Views, 5 Comments

Elderflower's tales - Rub3r0n



Some stories told by Elderflower to Bridlewood's children.

  • ...
 5
 289

The stories

It was the day! Or most prperly, the night.

Every full moon night in Bridlewood was waited by the unicorn fillies and foals, this night, they would hear the incredible stories from the most ancient unicorn of the forest, Elderflower.

The little Izzy Moonbow was the most excited one for this, the truth is that she was always excited, but now more than usual. Emotion shared too by the others unicorn kids, who normally were kinda depressed and bored, just like the adults.

This night was different.

When the sunset came, Izzy prepared herself with some night snacks, a little blanket in case it's cold and obiously, the wild grass woven gift basket-basket, the price they had to pay to Elderflower to hear her stories. Izzy loved this, maybe the other kids didn't like that much to make the baskets, but she enjoys a lot crafting and today she made a special basket with some flower details.

Then, she left her house and headed to the place where the old mare would tell the stories, a forest cleaning near Alphabittles tea room.

Soon she arrived to the cleaning, ther was a bonfire and several kids around it. Elderflower was sitting on a chair, so Izzy approached to her.

"Good evening Elderflower!" greeted the young filly. " Here do you have your basket, I'm very excited to hear more of your stories!

"Oh, uh...what!" Shouted the ancient mare, while waking up from a little nap. "Oooh, look at this, it's you Dizzy! Thanks for the basket, it's very beatiful, and respectful from you." Said Elderflower after overcoming desorientation after waking up suddenly.

"Ha! It's Izzy, Elderflower, but it doesn't matter."

===================================

"Good night, you little ponys, I'm here this night to tell you the stories from past generations and so are you to hear them, so let's begin! Our first tale is about the racoon who bit the snake."

A long time ago, there was an evil racoon, who just loved steal from the snakes their precious treasures and jewelry. The racoon was a great thief and no snake could find him, fed up with the racoon, the snakes sent a big snake, a very appreciated friend, to find and stop him. Soon the big snake achieved what the others couldn't, he find the racoon after stealing more jewelry. The racoon couldn't belive it, he was found, but this would not be his end, the racoon began to speak with the snake, telling him that if they work together, they could have everything they want. Fascinated by the racoon's prposal, the snake accepted, beteaying his old friends for what he thought was a new one.

It wasn't hard for the duo to steal everything they wanted, no one could stop them. Then, after a big robbery, the racoon betrayed his "friend", because he didn't want to share the treasures they had stolen. The racoon bit the snake, letting him at the ground and fleeding after that. That was the moment, when the snake realized his error, he shouldn't betray his friends, the friends who gave him everything and now, he had nothing.

===================================

"Wow" Izzy thought, this tale really fascinated her, the racoon was obiously the bad guy, someone who steals and tricks a good snake to betray his friends. Friends...Izzy always wanted friends and she was sure, that when she had friends, she would never betray them.

===================================

Once upon a time, there were breezies.

These were amazing creatures. Imagine them as tiny butterfly ponies who lived in a secret realm.

The breezies had an incredibly hard work for them, then because of their little size, a lot of things that for us are totally normal and insignificant, for them they were great dangers that could put their lives on risk, such as a falling acorn or a strong wind. This duty was going out of their realm to Equestria, so they could collect pollen. No one really knows why do breezies need the pollen, but Yes the importancy of this task.

The breezies loved so much their home, their natal land in the misterious other realm and they couldn't imagine being out for a long time. This increased the importancy of their task, because this little creatures had only two days for bringing the pollen back home, if they were late, they would have to wait for a year to enter again at their homes.

But then, a disaster happened, no one knows exactly what happened, but it forced the breezies to leave their home and come to Equestria.

The tiny and adorable creatures were devastated because of the lost of their home and so were they for a very long time. Crying and feeling nostalgic were the hobbies of the Breezies, they couldn't forget their home, they lived in misery and homeless.

It was at this moment, that no matter the pain of losing their homes, one breezie got up, unlike the others of her kind, this breezie wasn't always sad, she had friends who accompanied her, making her feel not alone, happy,... in a home.

Was since then, that the breezies made a new home for themselves, understanding that a home isn't just a place, it was where your family and friends are, it was with your beloved ones. Someponies say that the breezies made their new home here in Bridlewood and if you are lucky, you may see one of them.

===================================

"What amazing creatures, were breezies," thought Izzy. "That story was amazing!" Shouted another unicorn filly, sat near Izzy. "Yeah, breezies are incredible, I want to meet one! They seem to be super cute!" Added a foal.

Indeed, breezies were incredible, but Izzy, the mostly lonely unicorn from Bridlewood, focused more in their unity than in their cuteness. Breezies could see that with friends you will always have a home and she really hoped for someday having that kind of home.

"Hohoho! Calm down little ones! I'm sure all you will meet a breezie someday. When I was young I heard the adults talking about breezies with total normally and even if I didn't meet one because they suddenly disappeared, I'm sure they're still somewhere in Bridlewood, " Answered Elderflower, calming the little kids.

"Now, we will pass to the last story of the night, one of my favorites. It's called: The tale of the dreamweavers," Announced the elder mare.

"Ooouuhhh. Has it to be the last one..." Complained some fillies.

"It has to," Answered Elderflower. "Now let me tell it."

===================================

Dreams.

Everypony dreams.

When we sleep, our minds are transportes to the oniric realm, where the dreamweavers live.

These are extremely misterious but kind creatures, they do not have a definite form, their bodies are made up of stars and space dust, more like blue smoke, though they can change them at conveniences for their sacred work.

The dreamweavers are protectors from nightmares, they look the ponys dreams and search for stressed and worried minds of those who manifest their concerns while sleeping. When they find a nightmare, they first watch to conclude if their presence is need, if it's so, they act. Their duty is said to be mandate by the moon itself, because it's always observing during the night us, ponies, and she wants us to enjoy the night through our dreams, that's why they exist.

Once there was a pony that had no friends, she always felt alone and excluded, no matter how hard did she try to socialize and play with another filly gropus, everypony just got away from her. This make the pony feel very bad, she thought something was wrong with her, crying every night on her bed before getting asleep.

One night she had a terrible nightmare, where she was alone in the forest, she cried for help and shouted hoping someone would appear. And someone appeared. Not only one, every filly or foal of Bridlewood was there, looking at her with their expressionless faces, only to say:

"We're not your friends. You don't have friends. You won't have friends."

The little pony began to cry, so much that her tears looked like a river, then she heard a voice.

" BE CALM LITTLE ONE. THERE'S NO REASON TO CRY."

The pony looked to the one who was talking and she saw a tall unicorn, or what she first thought was a unicorn. Soon she noticed the absence of a face in the creature and its gaseous form and all its stars.

"W...What are...you?" Said the filly between cries, feeling scared of the creature, but at the same time comfortable.

" I'M A DREAMWEAVER. MY NAME'S MORFEO AND I'M HERE TO HELP YOU. DO NOT BE AFRAID, THIS IS ONLY A BAD DREAM."

"A...a bad dream?" Asked the child. "Isn't this real?"

" WELL, THAT DEPENDS ON WHAT YOU CONSIDER "REAL", BUT I WON'T WORRY YOU WITH THAT SILLY THINGS. I NOTICED YOUR FEAR AND PAIN. WHAT'S WRONG LITTLE ONE?

"It's just that..." The pony cleaned some tears of her face. "No matter what I try, when I want to befriend a group of unicorns of my age, they always flew up," Answered the filly with a sad tone at her voice.

The dreamweaver stayed quite, thinking.

"Mr.Morfeo? Are you o-" The pony was then interrupted.

" I THINK I KNOW HOW TO HELP YOU, LITTLE ONE.

"Really?!" Shouted she. "You...you do?"

" INDEED. NOW I"LL SHOW YOU.

The pony was so happy, she didn't know exactly what Mr.Morfeo was, but he was going to tell her how to make friends!

Morfeo changed the dream of the filly, sowing one time she tried to befriend a group of another fillies.

" YOU'RE TRYING TO FIT IN.

" Yeah, well...just trying, not succeding," answered the pony.

" MAYBE THAT'S THE PROBLEM. YOU'RE TRYING TO FIT IN ANOTHER GROUPS,
GROUPS THAT DON'TWANT YOU THERE, THOUGH I DON'T KNOW WHY.

" The problem is me trying to befriend ponies?" Asked the child, confused.

" NO. IT'S YOU TRYING TO BEFRIEND THE WRONG PONIES, NOT EVERYONE WOULD WANT TO BE YOUR FRIEND AND THAT DOESN'TMAKE THEM EVIL OR SOMETHING,
YOU CAN'T BE FRIEND OF EVERYPONY. LOOK AT THERE.

Morfeo signed at a lonely pony.

"Huh. I never noticed him," said the dreamer.

" YOU'RE NOT THE ONLY ONE WITH DIFFICULTIES TO MAKE FRIENDS, THAT'S WHAT I MEANT BEFORE. MAYBE YOU HAVE TO TRY TO MAKE YOUR OWN GROUP, INSTEAD OF TRYING TO FIT IN ANOTHER, THOUGH IT COULD HAVE WORKED.

The little pony then suddenly woke up, remembering her conversation with Morfeo. That day she searched for another lonely kids in Bridlewood and finally made friends.

It is said too that sometimes, when a pony has a very big and hopeful dream, the dreamweavers can make it a reality, but no one knows when they do it, or if they really can.

What is sure it's that everytime you have a nightmare, probably there's a dreamweaver, protecting you even if you don't know.

===================================

Izzy had no words for the last story, it was, at least for her, the best one. The dreamweavers were amazing, always protecting the ponies and the main filly of the story reminded Izzy a bit of herself. She tried too to befriend the ponies of Bridlewood, having friends was her greatest dream and no matter what she try, she couldn't make the other unicorns happier.

"Oookay, everypony to their house! It is too late, the moon has risen, so get out. " Shouted Elderflower, sending the fillys back home.

===================================

Izzy was heading to her house through the forest, she was thinking in the dreamweavers, could they really make dreams come true? She wish so, because that could mean her dreams could also come true. At that moment, Izzy looked at the sky and saw something brilliant floating over the sky, it had a slight light and seemed...maybe like a...a lantern, a floating lantern.

Comments ( 5 )

Indeed, breezies were incredible, but Izzy, the mostly lonely unicorn from Bridlewood, focused more in their unity than in their cuteness. Breezies could see that with friends you will always have a home and she really hoped for someday having that kind of home.

Izzy had to wait for a very long time for a friend or shall we say friends in the future

" I'M A DREAMWEAVER. MY NAME'S MORFEO AND I'M HERE TO HELP YOU. DO NOT BE AFRAID, THIS IS ONLY A BAD DREAM. "

I'm assuming that could be Luna

" Yeah, well...just truing, not succeding," answered the pony.

Trying

Izzy was heading to her house through the forest, she was thinking in the dreamweavers, could they really make dreams come true? She wish so, because that could mean her dreams could also come true. At that moment, Izzy looked at the sky and saw something brilliant floating over the sky, it had a slight light and seemed...maybe like a...a lantern, a floating lantern.

Oh hey that's sunny and argyle's Lantern

Well I got to say this was a pretty nice story and elderflower tell us a pretty interesting stories even Izzy really likes it especially the Dream Maker and in the future she will make a friend or friends along the way this was pretty good keep up the good work

Login or register to comment