• Published 8th Jun 2023
  • 399 Views, 1 Comments

Sisterhooves Forgiveness - kleec13



After a busy week, Rarity forgets about plans she had with her sister.

  • ...
 1
 399

Alternate Ending

I sighed as I approached Sweetie Belle’s door. It was left ajar slightly, likely because she knew there was a possibility I would be here. My magic pushed it open more.

Sweetie Belle sat up a bit, wide eyed at my presence.

“Rarity?” she said groggily.

She really was having a rough time of it, the poor dear.

“Hi sis,” I said. “You rest. Just wanted to let you know I’ll be here if you need anything.”

“Thank you for coming, truly. You… you know I’m sorry, right? I should never have dealt with how I was feeling that way.”

“I wasn’t at my best last week, either,” I said. “And I know you didn’t burn my dresses just because I wouldn’t let you go to Canterlot with me. But it’s water under the bridge now. You just focus on getting better, okay?”

Sweetie Belle nodded. I gave a soft smile and started to leave the room.

“Oh, Rarity?” Sweetie Belle asked as I was about to close the door. “Who takes care of you when you’re sick?”

The randomness of this question puzzled me, but I figured Sweetie Belle would explain.

“My friends sometimes make things for me or send me good vibes,” I responded. “But I guess nowadays, I’m mostly on my own.”

Sweetie Belle’s face fell.

“Does that bother you?”

Truth be told, it did bother me a bit. Most ponies I knew had somepony at home to talk to at the end of their day. Somepony to support them. But here I was living and working by myself at the boutique. But I couldn’t let Sweetie Belle know I felt that way.

“What do you mean?” I asked.

“Apple Bloom said that Applejack gets mad at her sometimes because the pressure of taking care of her gets too much,” Sweetie Belle explained. “I mean, I know their situation is a bit different with their parents gone…”

“I'd be lying if I said that pressure isn't hard sometimes,” I admitted. "But I love being your older sister and I wouldn't have it any other way. Don’t you worry about me.”

I didn’t want Sweetie Belle or anypony to worry about me. Because despite everything, I had a great life. And my response seemed to assure Sweetie Belle as she smiled and closed her eyes to go to sleep.

“Okay. Thanks again, Rares. I love you.”

“Rest well, my sweet."

Author's Note:

This was the ending I wrote first. But I’ve written about Rarity’s loneliness so many times and it felt like an unnecessary turn to bring it up again in this fic. So, I decided to make Rarity and Sweetie Belle talk through what happened more instead. But at the same time, I liked some of the ideas I presented in this ending, so I decided to share it.

Comments ( 1 )

Good story, both endings.
I can see that Sweetie Belle is slightly older and has more understanding (at first), but she and Rarity still have their moments.

I think I remember the movie you referenced too! It’s been a while since I saw it.

Login or register to comment