• ...
6
 9
 429

Chapter 4: Adapting

The car went through the road of the abandoned streets of Canterlot City, or what's left of it that is.

Leon had been on clear surveillance as he was driving. The four teens were getting quite easy for now."So, were gonna be in reaching the Police Station soon, So in the mean time we have to have our amo and gear checked if there is a possible hord of Infected there."

"Already on it. We have about much to last out long but not long enough." Flash told as he checked the bag."I checked the amo and seem to find bullets that aren't for this gun. That can be a problem for later. " He told as he find the bullets for a shotgun.

"Well, We were in a hurry and we couldn't actually afford the right bullets to know which goes where. We were trying to live through you know." Sunny Flare stated as she looked out the window."We grabbed anything that was there and used it to our advantage."

"So, The school had fire arms?"

"That's what's your wondering?!" She said as Flash gave her a look."Listen, I was in a coma and woke up in a middle of a zombie apocalypse scenario. So excuse me for being a bit talkative."

Sandalwood tried to ease up the situation."Easy there you two. Save your energy for later." He tried to make them calmed down and it worked."Ok, So now that we're out of there for now. Mind giving us all an update on how you managed to survive the zombie apocalypse dude. We both thought you would have become Zombie chow?"

"Yeah, The place isn't all that easy to miss with the infected roaming around and devouring everything in there path wither alive or dead." Micro told.

Flash had a second to think and just shook his head."Don't know. All I can say is I was lucky to survive. When I woke up I found my self in the hospital room and when I got out I saw everything was a mess. It didn't take long for me to run into one of the infected and then I ran to hide and found Leon there. And then we had to escape from the roofs to get to my house to resupply. Which is where is managed to get you guys signal. The rest you know." He explained to the three as they accepted the answer.

"But, Damn your lucky. The others weren't when the infection began." Sunny Flare told."I managed to find these two and was able to get out of danger for a little while."

"How did you three end up in that situation anyway?" Flash couldn't help but ask as the car went on its way."I mean, Just asking you guys would have been in school for that to happen."

"We were actually." Sandalwood told as he started to tell the tale."A few days when the infection first began and took over the population in Canterlot. We both were in after visiting the hospital to see if you were awake or not. We visited every day and didn't miss a chance. Micro read things to you when you were down."

Micro adjust his glasses as he spoke."I simply go with the stories you liked of old tail heroes like Hercules or King Arthur. We took turns in helping you recover by trying to give messages in your mind which were positive. It was told that a coma victim is given positive feedback in there mind then there's a 90% chance for them to recover."

Flash chuckled."No wonder the time was enjoyable in my dream."

Sandalwood continue on."So when our turn were done we went to the school as there was another function taking place by principals. They told us about another rewrite of friendship games as to have a friendly matter. When that happened Me and Micro had just accepted and were gonna participate when the infected Burst in. They were in low army as not much but it changed when they started to corrupt the others. We watched helplessly as many were fallen to the prey of theres." He had a grimm expression as he looked down.

"What about the Rainbooms. They should have been able to help with there magic." Flash asked.

"Wait what?" Leon suddenly asked as he looked at them."What do you mean magic?"

"Oh, We didn't explain to you about that haven't we." Flash muttered as he looked at his two friends and nodded."Well Leon you see our school wasn't ordinary school as."

There he began to tell him about all what happened and what the girls were capable of and on how the trial of power went when Sunset and Twilight gained power in there head. There's also the camp part and finally the last incident of the crystal Triangle."You know, This story would be quite not so good Albie for the police you know." Leon said taking it all in. He didn't though he be hearing about this but guess what a zombie out break isn't normal aswell."How didn't the Government find about this mess. If the girls as you said were causing a global pandemic then it means that the government would have found out about them and may have went after them."

Sunny nodded."I thought about that aswell. It may have been luck or it may have been they knew and are waiting for the right moment to strike. But, I think a whole outbreak may have caused it to speed up aswell." She told her thoughts."Also, Have you thought that this may have been gotten out a bit live on TV news and the government would actually help."

"We don't actually know about that Sunny." Micro said."We could talk about this but we have to get to a safe place first to rest. Getting to the Police Station may be a good idea but I think the Infected may be there aswell. Cause the city has fallen amd the only place left is the one where the survivors are at." He calculated and gave them the answer."So, Basic Zombie movie thought as they had given out that the Infected type zombies are always there where you least aspect them to be."

Flash nodded."Listen to the nerd. He and I have been in a zombie movie marathon and all we know about is that infected are tricky and unpredictable when they are given the chance to use brains. So it's best if we take cover and resupplying our rations till we are in the clear zone."

Leon had to admit that it's a good choice so he had to agree. Plus, They were running for a while and getting some sleep would be good in matter. So he drive through the streets and was going through less of infected roaming around. As they went on he suddenly saw a light in a house block and he made sure his eyes didn't deceive him he saw a person shadow behind the curtains as it then shut the lights down. He quickly stopped the car taking the teens in suprise."Wow! Why you stop so suddenly?!" Sunny asked.

Leon kept his look at the house."There's someone there. In that house and I saw the person inside shut down the lights. And if these things haven't learned to do that yet meaning someone is still alive." He gave them the answer as the teens looked at one another not sure. But Flash recognize the house immediately."Wait! That's were Scootaloo lives! She's Rainbow Dash biggest fan and she even invited me hear some times in helping her study."

He quickly got in action as he had his makeshift Armor on and put on the helmet and grabbing his weapon. He exited the car as well as the others as they made sure to see if any Zombies were around. When the cost was clear they went towards the house. Flash reached the door and saw it was locked. He looked around and found a plant pot near. The others thought he was gonna smash the door alerting any zombies near. But, He picked it up and found a key under it. The others didn't question as he used it to open the door.

He gave the others hand signals on getting ready as Sunny didn't know what he said but the others did so she held on to her gun and aimed. He quickly opened the door and they all aimed with there flashlights. They looked around to see no one as the cost was clear. They each gave a nod and split up. Micro with Sandalwood. Sunny with Flash and Leon checked the alone.

Micro and Sandalwood went slowly towards the Living room as Sandalwood held on his shotgun and micro had his hand gun. He scanned the area and didn't find anything. Leon slowly went in the kitchen where he saw the light come from and found an empty room. He looked around and found a pot that was realising some steam meaning it was used."I was right. There is some one hear. Not an infected." He thought about it.


Flash and Sunny Flare were looking at around upwards as they also watched each others backs."So, What this kid look like?"

"Short, Orange skin, Purple hair like a tomboy aswell as dress up." He gave her a brief discription."Look around and don't cause any scene. We still do-" He was cut off when the door to the side room broke down and an infected was on it."Shit!" He yelled making the infected turn to him as he saw it was Scootaloo Uncle Riley.

He quickly pushed Sunny to the side and the infected launch at him. Good thing for the equipment there he couldn't get bit but it wouldn't last long. The infected try to bite him more as he struggles to hold on more but it was to strong. Just then it was kicked to the side by Sunny as she pointed her gun and shot it. It didn't back down but it did alert the others. As she shot it trying to give Flash to get up but the thing was getting up fast as she couldn't aim well. Flash quickly got his gun out as it went for her, But Just then a tennis ball came out of no where and hit it on the head which with enough force impact on its head but it didn't die. The two looked to find the attacker and saw the Scootaloo her self holding a make shift weapon that was a vacuum cleaner filled with tennis balls.

Flash got out of his shock and got his aim right in it's head and fired blowing it's brain out and killing it there. The body fell as both teens finally took breath."What happened!" Leon yelled as he and the others came guns in hands. They saw the dead body and a kid with a makeshift weapon."Who are you? Is this the kid we were looking for?"

Scootaloo held the weapon at him and was still on guard. Before she could fire Flash quickly intervene"Wait! Scoot it's Me Flash! Don't shoot!" She stopped in her mid attack but kept the weapon forward."H-Hey, Take it easy Scott, Non of us are bitten. Well I made sure to check and as they haven't turned witch mean that's good thing then."

Leon also intervened."Kid, Don't worry we aren't infected and are ok. You don't need to worry."

"Yeah, Tell it to them! Because of your sound the Zombies witch were locked up know that someone around because of the sound you made. The whole street is gonna be roaming with those things now." She stressed out as she took deep breaths as she was getting more and more stressed. Luckily Flash came to ease her."Hey, Calm down, Calm down Scootaloo it's ok, No one is going to harm you or anything and nothing going to happen to you. Calm down."

For a little while she didn't but soon she did so. Taking a deep breath she eased up calming her self as she let go of the vacuum cleaner. As she did so Leon went towards the window of the open room where the Infected was."Guy's, I think she had a point on that."

The others went towards the window and saw where he was looking and were soon in a state of shock. Sunny Flare called Flash out."Hey Sentry, You might wanna see this." She said as Flash came towards the window and was meet with a sight of infected roaming around the streets as they were all surrounding the car and were looking around."Looks like our little fude may have caused them to get alert and come out for us. Were trapped."

"No shit." Sandalwood muttered as Micro looks around."They don't know were up hear as it's dark but it won't be long before they get the jift on were we are."

"Did you lock the door!" Scootaloo quickly asked as she panicked."If they see that!""Hey ease up Scott, I did that when we entered. So we're ok." Flash told the young girl.

"So we might wanna baracde the doors and window then! I think they be around whole night so it's best we keep out and stay inside till they go away." Leon gave the idea as it was good. The others didn't need to say anything as they already went on the plan."Flash, You stay with the girl. She looks like she needs someone to watch her. I go help the others and meet back." He went off leaving the two behind.

Downstairs the others were covering the doors and windows with Furniture as Sandalwood and Leon carried the sofa and put it Infront of the door to block it. Micro used the clothes and tapped them together to form a big cloth and gave it to Sunny Flare as she put it Infront of the window to block the silhouette of there's in the dark. And was covering the edge areas of windows so no sounds may leave. As they were doing that Flash was with Scootaloo as she had calmed down.

"Then I wake up to find that everyone I know had suddenly turned in to those- Those Things outside and I was left to fend for my self. My uncle was bitten so he told me to shut the door so he wouldn't hurt me or anyone and now I find that he was now dead and all was left was the corpse walking in the room where you were." She finishes telling the tail as Flash could see her distress look."You know, Back then I thought this would have to be a work of equestrian magic and the Rainbooms maybe the one to stop this.... But, No one have heard from them for years. They went MIA and all around was chaos. I wanted to wait for them so that they would come and help. I waited and waited... But no sir, They never came."

".... Maybe they were caught in the whole catastrophe." She looks as Flash as he looked Infront."I got Into an accident and was in a coma. When I woke up, I found I was in a scene of the walking dead and was now left to survive. I didn't know what to do and was thinking of finding help. But all I got was keep running from these infected. I didn't have no one to help, So I relied on my self and had to use my skills and survive. Couldn't wait for anyone to help you know." He told her as he continues."But Also I wanted to help find the survivors and save them aswell. And your strong aswell. You managed to keep your self safe and even made the weapon out of house supplies. You did a Frank west and that's something."

Scootaloo looked at him then back Infront."If this to cheer me up, Its working alright."She finally smiled as she could lay back."Things aren't easy for me now and I'm not in going out. But I only have enough supplies of food to last a month. With you guys hear it would end in weeks."

"Don't worry about that. We won't be staying hear for two long. After the hord out there is gone in the morning we'll sneak out and use the car to drive off. We're actually going on to the police station and get supplies there. The others think the survivors are there." He told her as the others finally came back."We managed to keep the hord from not noticing us and they don't have a clue on where we're at. So it's safe to day we won't be fighting them... For now." Leon gave the briefing as the other three sat down.

Sunny flare looked towards Scootaloo as she asked."Hey, Do you have anything to eat around hear. The last days we haven't had anything well to eat for a while." She pleaded as she was starving."Yeah, I got some food. Hope you guys like Noddles-"

"Yes!"

That was all she got as she went down to get the packs. Sandalwood desided to tag along so he can keep her safe. As they both were gone Leon started to talk."So, We are to get to the nearest safe area which is to reach the police station but with all of them outside we have to wait till morning."

"But, I think before we go there. Maybe we should take a detour." Micro suddenly said as the others looked at him in question."The thing is that the virus that may have caused the infection to fell on the town would have been in use at the Science laboratory of Canterlot. I mean that was where they had told they be getting a cure."

"Why the hell we should go there instead of going to where we are supposed to go? That's seem to be stupid thing to do." She question at his idea."Hear me out. If the scientist there may have been working on a cure over there, Then that mean that there would be possible some people around and are in close during the connection of the outbreak." He gave them his thoughts as they thought this through.

Flash had to agree that there may possibly be something related."I agree." This suprise the others."If what Micro think may be right then there's a chance that the virus samples would be in the same place ment to find a cure. If we could get to it and maybe possibly find the sample we may find a cure for it aswell. We just need more-"

"Are you not listing! We may not have that much fire power in our hands you know?!" She said in hush toon as she couldn't take chance in alerting the zombies."You think if there's any survivors at the Canterlot Science and Acknowledgment then we have to have tools to get there. We don't have enough fire power to reach there and what if there isn't anything there and only more dead people. What's then?!"

Flash thought about it but Leon came in with his thoughts."Just wait a minute. I think Flash may have a point in the matter. If we need more fire power then we may get some on our way. There are weapons there in the open road. But, If there's a slight chance that there's a help in matter there then we might take it. What options we have anyway." He gave her a clear out answer as she couldn't argue. The whole town in gone off as clear panic and into the Apocalypse and what's left is the remaining people who are trying to eat there flesh. As much as she wanted to argue to save her life she didn't have any."Plus, We may get in contact with the outer government and may get help in matter."

"So it's desided then. Tomorrow morning on the chance we get. All of us including Scootaloo would get out to go to the near location of the Canterlot laboratory. And on our way we may need to get in contact with outside help and as much as I would not say this but we may need to keep a vigilant on who we contact." When Flash told them this the others gave him a weird look." Hear me out. The whole city is dead and the area is like in lock down. If help was needed then we would have gotten it a month or two but it looks like we are locked out of it. And it may be a work of something or.. someone."

Leon question the kid in his deduction."So, You think someone is keeping us out to not call in the big guys?"

"Yes"

His answer we in a heart beat. He couldn't tell why but this was all the things his mind was telling him would happen and is happening for the time we woke up. All thoughts on how it happened had caused to one conclusion. 'Someone is in on it.'"I been having some thoughts on the matter and this is what I got in mind. I'm not saying to completely agree with me, All I'm saying is have some trust in me on this thought."

"We trust you kid. We may not have anything other to do so. And what you said is what I thought aswell."

"Me to actually." Micro agreed in the matter."The latest report was on the water being polluted and the skin disease that had happened. If I may say, This was like it was planned from the start."


As they were in the house to survive from the hord of zombies outside as they roam the streets for the matter to find there next prey. As they were roaming around a strange bird was on top of a pole as it's eyes suddenly zoomed in on the house where the survivors were at. It saw the whole thing and then flew off to the other direction.

At the streets of Canterlot City where there was nothing left but broken car ans such. At a near building area, There was a barricade made Infront of the building as it had Ben covered with spikes and was inches longer so the infected won't get on. Inside the building it was practically empty with the supplies around there weren't even touched and we're stacked well. Footsteps could be heard as a man was walking in the hall of the building as he wore a stealth army outfit with gun in his hand. He walked and soon stopped in the area of the hall and soon faced the wall. He pressed his hand on the side of the wall when suddenly a glow came from where his hand was as if it was being scanned.

Then suddenly the wall opened Infront of him as it was revealed to be a lift as he went in and the door closed. The lift took him down to his destination as he waited. Finally, The door of the loft opened as he was now in a large room where couple of people would be scene working on the computers and some were working on test tubes. He walked passed them as he was went through a room that was filled with large test tubes.

One of the test tubes had a large silhouette of a figure inside that was female and had a monitor on the right side showing the vitals signs of her. The same of the figure in it was designated as 'Experiment E-5' on it. The soldier walked passed a few more as they also had numbers on them. 'Experiment E-4' 'Experiment E-3','Experiment E-2', 'Experiment E-1'.

He finally reached his destination as it was a door that had a Id code on it. He punched in the numbers and soon after a second it opened as he went in. He reached in and was now in an office room that had white walls and clear cut design. A person at in a chair as the person was looking at the other direction with the face not showing."Mam, We have gottan security around the open areas of the least infected. We have also found the location of our last two remaining test subjects that had gotten out. They are somewhere hiding in the north streets of the town."

"....Then what are you doing hear yapping to me about. Go on and find them. And make sure you won't do the same mistake you did before to Capture the reaming two girls. They might spill the beans to the others if this got out." The person told from her chair."And how goes the report of the others in matter. Have they been successful in taking on the matter of this, Portal'."

"Our scientist are still in getting the energy signature locked on. But we are in close of making 97% success. At that rate-"

"100." She cut him off before he could finish."I want that done in a 100% answer. No buts or so. And make sure to give me reports on the matter. Understood." She ordered as the soldier nodded and put down a small USB on the desk and went off.

The female hurd the door click as she let out a sign. She reached the USB with her white colour hand and grabbed it. She held it in her hand and was examine the device.

"Soon, Soon my thrust for knowledge would be on more."


At an empty apartment house. Someone was there on the bed as it reveals to be Twilight Sparkle. She had bandage over her right arm and had covered her sides with more bandages. She finally called down from all the pain as she now relaxed a bit. But, It still didn't ease her up from the pain in matter that went through her body. She just lied down on the bed as she barricades the door with her magic as she put objects Infront of it. And then she covered the window aswell as she could now rest in peace. That she thought...

"Run! Don't look back Twilight just Run! They be coming for you and won't stop so forgot me and get out of hear!"

"But Sunset?!"

"No time! Just go!" And with that Sunset gave her the opening to escape by sacrificing her self.

She just wish this nightmare to end. She could only cry in her sleep.

Author's Note:

Hey! I'm back!

Sorry for the late update. Got into some stuff I don't wanna talk about but now I'm back and working on new stories and old. So hope you like this. Who's the women who is incharge and what does she want with the Main 7. You just have to wait.

So bye~

Comments ( 1 )

So the Rainbooms were captured I see(escept Sci-Twi and Sunset) by whom I think is Umbrella maybe.
Wonder where is Spike since we don't see him in the scene with Sci-Twi?


Cool that Scootaloo showed up, wonder how Applebloom and Sweetie Belle are doing?

Login or register to comment