• ...
6
 9
 429

Chapter 3: Getting Rescue

It was a rainy day start, A police car was being drive through the streets as the two cops were on there night potrol.

On the driver seat was a man with White skin and blue dark hair. He wore a standard police detective uniform as he was driving the car. On his side was the rookie new cop Leon. Both sat on there seats as pure silence was in the car. Utile Leon was the one to break it."So... Been a cop for how long?" He asked trying to start a conversation.

"For about Three years." Shining Armor answered."Had to go from scraps to get this far. You won't believe how much the other lieutenants can be a bit of bitchy on the new rookie."

"Yeah, Been there before, But had to get along with them. You know the standard stuff that the Chief gives on." Leon said as they started to chat."So Leon. Heard you were transferred from Raccoon city. That place is kinda of small to be precise."

"Oh, It's a small City place. People usually come from different places to get a tour around town. It's located near East San Francisco. Kinda of a roomy place to have a nice vacation to go to with your family or friends." Leon said as he looked out side the window.

"Good to know. My wife's been dying to go to that place, like forever." Shining told making Leon look at him."Oh your married then."

"Yeah, She used to be my sister baby sitter. Back then I had a crush on her but couldn't have the nerves to ask her out. It was torture to look at her without feeling your gonna pass out." Leon chuckled a bit."Then my sister helped me in getting the confidence boost I needed to finally ask her out. That was the most amazing day of my life, And one thing let to another and now she's my wife and I'm a loving husband."

"Congratulations Mr Armor."

"Please, Call me Shining, Mr shows that I'm old. But I'm in my late teen years." He chuckled.

"Then you can call me Leon then." He told

"Sure thing. So Leon, I read your file back there at the police station. I got to say that your a honest boy to be precise. Your training record shows that you Aced every test and aswell as the written test. Not to mention that your an expert in hand to hand. How did you learn that so fast?"

"My old man thought me this when I was young." Leon said as he laid back."When I was young. He taught me about the basic of the law and hammered that moral of ideal in my head. He trained me in the police squad and helped in my physical practice. When It was my 17 birthday, He got me my own gun as a present. Made it him self." Shining Armour looked at him in question gaze."Yeah, He made that him self. It was a Desert Eagle Magnum as he gave it to me... I was over my world at that."

Shining Armour smirked at that."While I be, Didn't know your old man was a thinker. My old man works in the Canterlot Research Center. They make a lot of cool gadgets there. I mostly-"

" Dispatch, Any Available police car near Hoof street. Go to the near Gas station. There's been a break in and entry."

"This is Detective Armor hear. In near the station right about now. I go check it out. Be on guard if for back up." Shining answers.

"Roger that."

"Looks like were busting in on a break in and entry then." Leon said."let's go then." He turned the car around to head to the near destination.


"So, How much longer till we get there." Leon asked the teen boy. Both had them went in to action as they went on the roof and jumped on to the different roof spots to get to the destination.

"Just a few more rounds to go. Once where there we gotta lay low and go in the shadows. I just have a feeling those infected are roaming in that place." Flash told as he used the pole to jump on the longer roof spots. He carefully had to go to not alert any of the Infected below as he parkour his way on to the different balcony.

"The Down Area is filled with them a whole lot and what makes you think that the place where going even have the things we need to go and rescue your friends." Leon question as he was keeping the pace with him.

"I'm not in full shore as my self. I didn't imagine my self in middle of a Zombie outbreak as I just gotten out of the hospital." He said as he landed on the final roof of a building as it was the only roof left as the next area was quite far."There's also the fact that I didn't have paid attention on the warning that were being given out. They littlery were saying it's the end of the world."

Leon landed on the roof with a thud and scanned the area. “So far no infected have been sighted on the upper deck. Which gives us some time to relax and come up with a plan,” he said.

Flash Sentry nodded and checked his ammo. He had only a few bullets left. He hoped they would find some more in the lab. He looked at Leon and saw that he was calm and confident. He wondered how he could be so composed in such a dangerous situation.

Suddenly, the door of the roof burst open with a loud bang. Four zombies charged at them with bloodthirsty snarls. They reacted quickly and opened fire at them, aiming for their heads. Some of them fell to the ground with bullet holes in their skulls. Two more lunged at them from behind.

Flash Sentry grabbed one of them by the arm and flipped it over his shoulder. He shot it in the head as it landed on its back. He heard a grunt from Leon as he ducked under another zombie’s attack. He kicked it in the stomach and fired his gun at its face, making it go limp.

They breathed a sigh of relief but didn’t have much time to celebrate. They heard more zombies coming their way from inside the building. Leon looked down at the edge of the roof and saw a clear spot.

“Come on! Let’s jump down from here now!” he shouted as he ran towards it.

Flash Sentry followed him without hesitation. He hoped they would make it out alive.

“Damn it, why did we have to come here?” he thought as he jumped off the roof with Leon. “This is crazy!”

They landed on the nearest car with a loud crash. The metal crumpled under their weight and the glass shattered into pieces. The alarm went off and the horn blared. The infected nearby heard the noise and turned their heads towards them. They saw them on the car and growled with hunger.

“Shit! Get going! We don’t have much time now!” Leon shouted as he pushed Flash Sentry off the car. They ran towards the opposite direction as fast as they could.

Meanwhile, the infected swarmed around the car and tried to climb on it. They scratched and bit at the metal and the glass. They reached for Leon and Flash Sentry with their rotting hands. But they were too late. Leon and Flash Sentry had already disappeared into the shadows.

They had barely escaped the horde of infected, and they gasped for air as they reached a safe spot. “Okay, we’re almost there. My house is just a few blocks away. We can find some supplies there.” Flash said, pointing to the direction.

Leon nodded, but he looked anxious. “We can’t waste any more time hiding in the bushes. We need to get to your house, grab what we can, and then go back to the school. Your friends might not survive much longer on the roof.” He said, remembering the desperate voices of Micro Sandalwood and Sunny Flare on the radio.

They wasted no time and dashed towards their destination, staying in the shadows to avoid being spotted by anyone.


They finally reached Flash’s house after their run, but they saw the window and the door smashed open. They knew there were infected inside, waiting for them.

Flash tightened his grip on his weapon as he approached the broken door. “This is it. Let’s go then. But be careful, they might be hiding anywhere.” He said, scanning the dark interior.

“Roger that.” Leon said, nodding. They both entered the house cautiously, stepping over the debris and broken furniture. The house looked like it had been ransacked by the infected, but the structure was still intact.

They split up and searched the different floors. Flash went upstairs and Leon stayed downstairs. They were on high alert, looking for any supplies they could use. Leon checked the kitchen cabinet and the fridge, but he found nothing useful. He cursed under his breath and moved on. Flash headed to his parents’ room, where he knew there was a box hidden in the cabinet. He hoped his dad had left it there before the outbreak. He searched for it and found it under the bed. He dragged it out and opened it, grinning as he saw it was full of ammo and guns for emergencies.

“Thank you, Dad.” He whispered, feeling a surge of gratitude and sadness. He missed his Father. He wondered if he would be proud of him for surviving and helping his friends and he hoped that his mother was ok in this Apocalypse.

He looked around the room, which was still neat and tidy. His mom’s perfume lingered in the air, and his dad’s watch was on the nightstand. He felt a pang of nostalgia and grief, but he shook it off. He had to focus on the present, not the past. He grabbed the box and headed downstairs, hoping Leon had found something useful too.

“Leon! I got what we need!” Flash shouted as he came downstairs with the box. Leon looked at him in surprise and saw the supplies.

“Wow, your dad was prepared for anything. Did he have a premonition or something? Or did he just watch a lot of zombie movies?” Leon asked, impressed.

Flash chuckled a bit. “Yeah, he was a fan of Train to Busan and World War Z. He always said we should be ready for the worst. He stocked up on everything we might need to survive.” He said, feeling a mix of admiration and sorrow for his dad. He opened the box and took out some guns and ammo."Load up. Cause we don't know what's in store for us in the coming road so it's best that we get ready to go."

Leon grabbed another gun and loaded it with ammo. “So, what’s the plan? The school must be crawling with those things. How are we going to get there and not get bitten?” He asked, nervously.

Flash smirked and said, “I have a plan. I read this manga called Zom 100: Bucket List of the Dead, and it gave me an idea. It worked for the main character, so it might work for us too.” He said, confidently.

Leon noticed that Flash and his dad were into zombie apocalypse stuff. Flash went to the bookshelf and grabbed some magazines. He then went to the cupboard and took out some duct tape. He also got a football helmet and pads from the dresser. He started to tape the magazines around his arms and legs, creating makeshift armor. He put on the helmet and pads, and looked at himself in the mirror. He was ready for action.

Leon shook his head and said, “I hope you know what you’re doing. And don’t tell me you have a list of things you want to do before you become a zombie.” He said, sarcastically.

Flash laughed and said, “Of course not.” He tossed a book aside, which had the title ‘Things to do before I become a Zombie’ on it. He winked at Leon and said, “That’s just for inspiration.”

Leon shook his head and smiled. “Sometimes I don’t understand you anime fans at all.” He said. “Okay then. Let’s get there fast. Do you have any vehicle we can use?”

“My car was totaled in the crash, but I have something else in mind that might help us in the long run.” Flash said, leading him to the garage. They opened the door and saw their ride waiting for them. It was a Toyota Prius, one of the most reliable cars."Let's go I call shot gun and you take the driver seat." He held up the keys as Leon simply grabbed them.

"Hope you got your seat belts on cause we're in for a ride."


The streets were filled with chaos as the infected wandered around, looking for prey. They didn’t notice anything alive, until they saw a bright light coming their way. It was the Prius, speeding towards them and running them over. They flew in the air and crashed on the ground, while the car continued its way.

Leon was driving at full speed, while Flash was handling the ammo. “Nice. This baby is awesome. Your mom was going to give it to you for your birthday?” He asked.

“Yeah, she was." Flash nodded

"But why aren’t you driving it? It’s your car, after all.” Leon said.

“Eh, I need to focus on the strategy. I have to figure out how to get in the school and get our friends out. I can drive, but that can wait until we’re all safe. You’re a better driver than me, anyway.” He said.

“Okay then. So, what’s the plan?” Leon asked.

“Well, the plan is to go to the school and use the routes I know. I know the school like the back of my hand, so I also know where the infected are less likely to be.” He said."That and what I have in mind may be a thing in getting us out without to much trouble." He smiled.

"What do you have in mind so far?" Leon asked.

"Well. It involves a lot of big noises." He smiled as he opened a near bag as it was filled with fireworks."There is for a special occasion."


Sunny Flare looked around nervously. “How much longer until help arrives? We can’t stay here much longer.” She asked, worried.

Micro tried to calm her down. “We don’t know for sure. All we can do is keep ourselves alive and hope for the best.” He said, reassuringly."Any news so far Sandalwood?"

He shook his head, knowing there was no answer to that. “No, there isn’t. But let’s hope Flash is on his way to help us.” He said, trying to sound optimistic.

“If he’s still alive, that is.” She said, grimly. “What can your friend do, anyway? You seem to think highly of him.” She asked, curiously.

“Flash is creative and determined. He always follows the right path and helps others. Even when the odds are against him, he still manages to come out on top.” Sandalwood said, proudly.

She asked, “What’s he going to do to help us out?”

Suddenly, they heard a whistling noise and looked up. They saw a firework exploding in the distance, followed by more and more. The bright colors and loud sounds drew the attention of the hungry monsters. The infected near and around the school turned their heads and ran towards the source of the noise, thinking it was food. Soon after more and more went to that direction as then the three were left alone as they can fell they were left alone.

She muttered, “Looks like someone started New Year’s Eve early.”

A little while later, as they waited for the infected to clear out, the door of the roof banged loudly. They aimed their weapons, expecting the worst. But then they heard a familiar voice.

“Is anyone in there? Please tell me you’re alive and not undead.” Flash’s voice said.

Sandalwood quickly pushed the furniture away and let the boy in. “What’s up? Did someone call for help?” Flash said, entering. He was immediately hugged by Sandalwood and Micro, who were glad their friend was alive.

“Dude! You’re here! You’re alive!” They exclaimed.

“Yeah, I am. But as much as I hate to break up the moment, we have to get out of here before the others come back.” Flash said, breaking the hug. He quickly ordered, “Come on. Leon is waiting for us.”

The three didn’t question him and followed him. Soon after they ran through the halls, they saw some infected dead. Flash was the first to react and called out to Leon as they finally reached the outer side and saw the car with a man near it.

“Leon! I got them. Hurry up the engine!” Flash called out. “Come on, we don’t have much time!”

“I call back seat,” Sunny Flare immediately said as she went with him. Sandalwood and Micro soon followed as they went in the back seat. “Let’s go before we are seen!”

“Already on it!” Leon started the engine and drove off to the other side of the road in a quick manner. “We’re out now.”

“Thank god! We’re finally safe from there. I thought we were gone back there if you hadn’t shown up,” Sunny Flare thanked them. “Also, the fireworks. Did you get those from the manga Zoom 100? And the suit?”

“Hey, it was good in there and I had to try it out. Plus, it worked, you know,” Flash argued back. He then went into the bag and took out three water bottles as he gave them to his friends. “Drink up then.”

“Don’t mind if we do,” Sandalwood said as he and two others grabbed the bottle and chugged it down as they hadn’t had water for a while. “Oh man, that hit the spot. Thanks bro. You and Mister Leon saved us back there.”

“Don’t mention it. And call me Leon,” Leon said as he kept his eyes on the road."Ok, You kids ease up and get rested. We can ask questions later once where at our next destination."

“Where are we heading anyway? Please tell me we’re going for more supplies because we’re almost out of them,” Flash asked as he checked the bag. “We only have about three days of supplies left and not much else on that.”

“So that’s why we’re heading out to the one place that was told to have supplies - the Centerlot City Police Station,” he said, making Flash and the others to take back. “That will be the only place that has the supplies we need to make sure we can survive. If the place itself is infected by those things, then we can make our run by getting them.”

“It’s our only option if we want to get out of this town,” Flash agreed as he looked back. “Okay guys, get your guns and ammo. I think we’re going to need them later on.”

Sunny Flare signed heavily as she heard this."Just as I thought things were looking up." She muttered.

Author's Note:

There Flash and Leon saved the three as they are now on there way to the police station. What awaits them there just wait and see.