• Published 5th Oct 2012
  • 8,972 Views, 71 Comments

Cream the Rabbit comes to Ponyville - AngelShy24



Cream & Cheese gets transported to Ponyville of Equestria.

  • ...
16
 71
 8,972

The Amazing Leone

Both Cream and Cheese were in awe as they finally approached the main town of Ponyville. They never saw such a beautiful sight in all their life.

“Wow, look at all the colorful ponies, Cheese,” Cream shouted.

“Chao!”

“But I guess it’s not too surprising being in a town called Ponyville.”

Fluttershy was grateful that her new friend was impressed by her hometown, “Yeah, it’s not the largest town in Equestria but it is one of the most renowned ones. You’d be surprised of all the things that has happened here.”

Fluttershy then turned Cream’s attention to something that was above them, “If you look up there in the sky, you can see another city that’s above this one.”

“A floating city,” said Cream, “Hey, Cheese, does that remind you of something?”

“Chao, chao, chao.”

“What, do you have something like that in your world?” Fluttershy asked.

“Oh yeah, we do! Remember that floating island I was telling you about earlier?”

“That’s right,” Fluttershy exclaimed, “Well, the only difference here is that that city is made entirely of clouds. Most of Ponyville’s pegasi residents live there. As a matter of fact, no other ponies could live up there because only Pegasus ponies can walk on clouds.”

“But… why don’t you live up there, Miss Shy?” asked Cream; she was quite curious why she lived in cottage here on the ground and not up in that city in the sky.

“Well…” she said awkwardly, “I’m sorta, kinda… scared of very high heights.”

“You’re a Pegasus,” Cream gasped, “and you’re afraid of heights!?”

“Chao, chao!?”

“Well that’s just me I guess,” said Fluttershy while slightly blushing from embarrassment, “But I am getting better. Now I can fly high up when one of my friends is there with me, and I can also do it under pressure.”

Something else suddenly came up in Cream’s mind; something she couldn’t believe she forgot to tell her.

“Oh, Miss Shy, I almost forgot to tell you; I can fly too!”

“You can?” Fluttershy looked all around Cream’s body and didn’t know how that was possible, “But how can you; you don’t even have any wings.”

Angel was looking too and even he wasn’t sure how a bunny like her could fly; after all, he couldn’t.

Cream smiled and giggled slightly, “I don’t fly with any wings; I fly by using my ears!”

She suddenly started to flap her ears very fast and she started to hover up in the air. Fluttershy gasped and her mouth dropped wide open as Cream started to fly around above her.

“See, Miss Shy,” Cream shouted while waving her hands, “no wings!”

Fluttershy started to panic and sweat was rolling all down her fur, “Oh my goodness! B-b-b-be careful! Please, don’t fly so high!”

“Don’t worry; I’ve been doing this all the time so I’m used to it!”

Cheese was up in the air flying along with Cream.

“Chao, chao, chao!”

Fluttershy did calm down a bit after some seconds; it did seem like Cream knew what she was doing.

“Wow, that does seem pretty bizarre;” said Fluttershy, “even for our world.”

However, Angel was shaking and clutching on tight around Cream’s neck; how could she even do that?! Cream stopped in mid-air and looked at him smiling. She then grabbed him with her hands and held him up where she could see him.

“Aw, its okay, Angel; you don’t need to be afraid. I won’t make you fall; I promise.”

She gave him a little hug while hold him close to her. Normally he would be embarrassed and would be trying to wiggle his way out of her hold, but instead he just smiled and enjoyed the warm feeling of her embrace.

“Wow, look at that,” said Fluttershy, “you got him to calm down… and he‘s not trying to escape your hug. I haven’t seen him this happy and content since… well forever!”

Cream flew back down onto the ground beside Fluttershy, “Well, what are we waiting for, let’s go see your friend, Miss Shy!”

-----

As they walked into Ponyville, Cream seemed to notice that they were drawing attention from different wandering eyes. Cream felt a little uneasy having so many ponies looking at her.

“Um… Miss Shy, I think we’re attracting attention; a bit too much maybe.”

“C-chao.”

“Oh, don’t worry, Cream,” said Fluttershy, “it’s just very unusual for us to see a giant rabbit wearing a ruby-red dress with gloves and shoes. Well, maybe not the clothes, just you in general.”

“So bunny rabbits like Angel are the only kind you have here?” Cream asked, “For a world that has Pegasus and unicorn ponies, you do have a lot of normal creatures too.”

“Well, we do have other creatures too,” said Fluttershy, “but I guess they would be more normal to us than they would for you.”

Fluttershy was suddenly startled by one the town’s residents, “Hey Fluttershy, that amazing showpony is about to start his performance again; you and your new friend should come and watch!”

Fluttershy, Cream, Cheese and Angel walked over to the Ponyville park area where many ponies were watching and cheering for a middle-aged unicorn pony who was putting on quite the spectacle.

“Welcome once again, citizens of Ponyville! It is I, the amazing… Leone! Behold, as I once again give you a wonderful spectacle that you will never see anywhere else!”

“This situation feels very familiar somehow,” thought Fluttershy to herself.

Leone’s coat was dark-red and had a tangerine mane. He wore one of those fancy vests that usually make an image of business. His cutiemark was a whip… just a whip; but what could it mean? He had a platform stage made of rare gems and around the stage he had a bunch of caged boxes that held many different species of animals ready to help Leone entertain the huge crowd.

“Who’s Leone?” asked Cream to Fluttershy.

“He’s a showpony, who I heard travels all around Equestria putting on these wonderful performances with rare and exotic animals that he has rescued and trained. He’s been here for 3 days now; counting today, and I think he’s moving on after this.”

Cream and Cheese could see the different crates that held the different creatures that the showpony had. They could see some normal ones like rabbits, dogs, and hawks; plus some unique ones like parasprites, and even some mini dragons. There were some others, and the friendly duo was astonished.

“Wow, that’s so cool,” shouted Cream, “You wanna watch, Cheese?”

Cheese was as excited as Cream, “Chao!”

“Wait, I thought you two wanted to get home?” asked Fluttershy.

“We do, but when will we get to see something like this again? We don’t mind waiting a little longer; right Cheese?”

Cheese nodded his head in agreement.

Fluttershy smiled and gave a little sigh, “Well, okay. It is a pretty neat show.”

-----

The show lasted around 10 minutes before 2 hours, making the time around 3:30 in the afternoon. The entire crowd cheered for Leone and his animals’ wonderful performance, and Leone was enjoying their praise.

“Thank you; once again you’ve all been a lovely audience,” he shouted out, “These animals know no limit to entertain many! Continue to shower them… and me with your wonderful applause!”

Cream and Cheese were both cheering along with the crowd after enjoying the show.

“Wasn’t that show wonderful Cheese!?” shouted Cream.

“Chao! Chao, chao!”

“Yeah, I thought so too. I wish I could see that all over again!”

“It is wonderful to watch,” said Fluttershy with a smile, “but I can’t help but feel sorry for them that they’re not free and instead working for somepony.”

“Don’t worry, Miss Shy,” said Cream, “you said so yourself that he rescued them and trained them all. And besides, what’s wrong with having a pet… or pets in Leone’s case; so I’m sure it’s no big deal.”

“Chao!”

“Yeah, I guess you do make a point,” Fluttershy responded, “My friends and I have our own pets too after all. Oh well, come on; we can’t keep Twilight waiting.”

“But… she’s isn’t expecting us,” said Cream.

They both started laughing together as they started to walk away from the park area; along with everypony else who was exiting the area. But unknown to them, their appearance suddenly became known to Leone. He had looked over at them while he was preparing to pack up only to notice a certain creature flying beside Cream.

“Hmm, what do we have here?” he thought to himself, “What in Equestria is that creature? It seems rather… unique.” He chuckled slightly to himself.

Fluttershy, Cream, Cheese and Angel were almost out of the park area when suddenly a puff of magic smoke exploded right in front of their path causing them to jump and yell out in being surprised.

After they finished yelling, they looked up and the showpony, Leone, was standing in front of them; presenting them a bow.

“Hello there, young ladies… and animals!”

Angel and Cheese both made an insulted scowl.

“I am the amazing Leone! I’m pretty sure that you have enjoyed my performance, did you not?”

Cream was able to pull herself together so she could answer, “Oh, y-yes; w-we sure did, Mister Leone. We loved your entire performance!”

“So tell me, what are your names?” asked Leone quite politely.

Fluttershy walked up beside Cream and smiled, “Well, I’m Fluttershy; and this little bunny here is Angel.”

“My name is Cream,” Cream shouted suddenly, “and this is my pal, Cheese.”

“Chao!”

Leone was observing Cream’s appearance and was quite fascinated, “Hmm, you’re very peculiar looking for a rabbit; and what’s with all the garments? Are you trying to make a fashion statement or something?”

“Um… no; I always dress this way. Is that a problem somehow?”

“No, but it is a free country I guess.”

Leone then turned his attention back to the creature that caught his eye in the first place.

“But never mind that; after my show I couldn’t help but notice your little creature here; Cheese is it?”

Cheese smiled a bright smile, “Chao, chao!”

“And all he appears to say is the word ‘chao’; is that the only thing he seems to say?”

“To most he does,” Cream responded, “He’s part of a race called Chao and only few are able to understand them. Cheese and I understand each other because we’ve been with each other and communicating with each other for a long time!”

All of this information was making Leone become quite intrigued by the creature who was Cheese, “So not only does it seem to only say ‘chao’, that’s what it’s called too; fascinating. So… how come I’ve never heard of these creatures?”

“I’m afraid Cheese is not from this world,” answered Cream, “and neither am I. We both actually came here accidentally from another dimensional world!”

That bit of info made Leone’s heart leap with shock, “Sacre bleu! A creature from another world, here; that’s amazing!” Many self ideas started to roll around in Leone’s head, “Imagine how much mon… ‘Ahem!’ I mean how many ponies would come to see such a creature!”

Angel looked at Leone with a suspicious glare; that showpony sure did hesitate in correcting his words.

Cream nodded in agreement to Leone’s statement, “I’m sure Cheese would attract a lot of attention, Mister Leone; he’s very adorable!”

Cheese scratched his head while blushing. Fluttershy was to the side smiling watching Cream and Leone having a wonderful conversation.

Leone had a suspenseful look in his eye while a brilliant idea brainstormed in his head… well, brilliant to him anyway.

“Say, how would you feel about making a deal kid?”

Cream and Cheese looked at Leone curiously, “A… deal?”

“Chao?”

“Your chum here has never been seen here by anypony in this land; not even the princesses themselves!”

“Princesses?” wondered Cream.

“Just imagine; with me, your Chao here could become big! He could become famous! He could make my show even more spectacular! Many ponies coming to see a creature that has been completely unknown to this world! So… how would like to let your creature stay here with good ol’ Leone, and in exchange I’ll give you anything you desire!”

Cheese suddenly stopped smiling and became a little worried as he hid behind Cream.

“Um… that’s really nice of you, Mister Leone,” said Cream, “but I’m afraid that’s not possible. We both have to get back to our own world! Besides, I don’t want to leave him… and he doesn’t want to leave me.”

Leone started to get slightly desperate of the situation, “Why not give it a chance, huh? He could be happy here! I would make sure that he would receive special attention!”

Fluttershy was getting kind of nervous of how fast the situation of the conversation was changing.

“Cheese doesn’t really like being at the center of attention;” said Cream, “nor does he like making others feel like they’re beneath them or that he’s better than them. But still, I can’t give up Cheese; not for anything!”

“Are you sure there isn’t anything I can give you to change your mind? Candy?”

Cream shook her head.

“Toys, everlasting flowers in many colors?”

Cream shook her head again.

“Any one of my creatures?!”

This time Cream didn’t shake her head, but instead just slightly glares at him while crossing her arms; nothing Leone would say would change her mind.

Leone couldn’t understand how a little girl would be so attached to a creature; he just decided to let it out.

“Oh come on, he’s just your pet! What’s so hard about the trade anyway?! Is it because of some magical connection you have with him?! Besides… you can just get another Chao back in your world; am I right?”

“Uh-oh,” thought Fluttershy as she saw Cream’s fists shaking and little trickles of tears rolling down her cheeks. Cream wasn’t always loud and bold, but this was an exception.

“How… how dare you!” she shouted. She marched right up to him and gave Leone a piece of her mind.

“You think pets are just possessions that you own and can do whatever you want to do with them?! Pets are not meant to be treated like items or any inanimate object! And Cheese is not my pet; he’s my friend… my best friend!”

Cheese was beside her going right along with her, “Chao, chao, chao, chao!”

Angel was just sitting there on Cream’s shoulder smirking at the showpony who was suddenly stepping back from Cream’s boasting voice.

“Umm… Cream,” said Fluttershy, “maybe we should…”

However, Cream kept on going, “Cheese is one of a kind; he’s completely irreplaceable! I’d love any Chao, but no other Chao could replace Cheese!”

“Chao, Chao!”

“You should act the same way with the other creatures you have; treat them more like friends and family… and not like items you can just trade away with at anytime!”

“Chao!”

All Leone could do was stand there and become completely shocked by this little rabbit girl’s bold action.

“W-w-well, I-I-I…”

Cream then stood up straight as she wiped away her tears on her face then turned away from the show pony facing her Chao friend.

“Come on, Cheese,” she said in a slight huffy tone, “Let’s go on ahead to Twilight’s so we can figure out a way to get back home.”

Cheese nodded and agreed, “Chao.”

As they walked onward away from Leone, he saw the little bunny on Cream’s shoulder continue to smirk at him, and then he blew him a raspberry.

“Um… um… good day, sir,” said Fluttershy to Leone as she was catching up to Cream, “Cream, wait!”

As they disappeared, Leone just slumped down on his flank feeling completely humiliated. He couldn’t believe that he was told off by a 7 year old rabbit girl. Although he just couldn't stop thinking about how better his business could be with that Chao creature; but Cream just wouldn't part with it.

“That girl dares to yell at me that way,” he scoffed to himself, “who does she thinks she is?!”

He went back to his show equipment wearing a dark scowl on his face. When he looked in his tip jar a slight smile went back on his face, “Well… at least I made a huge killing on this town,” he thought to himself, “but it’s not like that rabbit girl made any tribute.”

“Chao, chao!”

Leone heard the sound of that Chao again as he looked nearby at a peach tree. He saw Cheese quickly fly over to it and grabbed a nearby peach. He smiled and began to eat it as he flew away again. Just then, Leone had a brilliant idea brainstorm in his head as a sly grin came upon his face.

“Maybe things will turn out peachy-keen for me after all.”