• Published 5th Oct 2012
  • 8,974 Views, 71 Comments

Cream the Rabbit comes to Ponyville - AngelShy24



Cream & Cheese gets transported to Ponyville of Equestria.

  • ...
16
 71
 8,974

Not what it seems

(Longer chapter... get ready!)

A young rabbit named Cream and her Chao friend, Cheese had witness many things in Equestria after just a day; they just didn’t expect to be separated from each other so suddenly. Cheese was kidnapped by a greedy showpony named Leone, and unknown to Cream, Cheese has been place under his control and now obeying to no one except Leone.

Right now, while Twilight was on her way to Canterlot to inform the princess of the situation, plus figure out a way for the split-up duo to get back home, FLuttershy and Cream were already on their way to Manehattan. Once there, they hope to track down and find Leone and rescue Cheese.

“Um, Miss Shy,” said Cream softly while cowering in her train seat.

“What is it, Cream?” Fluttershy responded.

“I’m being watched.”

Fluttershy looked around and saw some fillies and colts being curious of Cream; looking at her like she was a new toy or something. She was the biggest rabbit that they had ever seen; and before Cream knew it, they were suddenly asking questions to her while getting kinda close.

“Hey, are you a hybrid of something?”

“Where do you come from?”

“Why are you so big?”

“You can talk?!”

“What’s your name?”

“Why are you wearing so much clothing?”

“Where are you headed?”

Suddenly, Fluttershy decided to speak up to the children, “Um, excuse me, young foals; but I’m afraid that you’re kinda crowding my friend here… just a bit. Could you please go back to your mommy or daddy or whoever you’re with?”

The foals realized what they may have been doing and listened to the yellow Pegasus. They said that they were sorry and they went back to where they were originally.

“Whew, are you okay, Cream?” Fluttershy asked.

Cream slowly sat back up in her seat and shook her ears loose and smiled shyly.

“Y-yeah, I’m okay. A lot of ponies here really do become curious of me. Am I really that interesting and strange?”

“Well, you’re not the most bizarre thing most ponies have seen, but you’re definitely the most unique one; I’m sure that you’re other friends in your world would be just as interesting for others to see just like you and your Chao friend were.”

Cream really did miss Cheese; she was thinking about him during most of the train ride to Manehattan. The more time she spent away from Cheese the more worried she felt about him. Fluttershy notice her seldom face expression and told her…

“Are you worried about Cheese again? He’s going to be okay; I mean, even a big meanie like Leone wouldn’t mainly hurt him, right?”

“It’s not much like that Miss Shy,” Cream responded sadly, “I’m just wondering of how Cheese feels right now. He’s probably scared, worried, and wishes that he can get back home. He probably wishes that he never went into that cave in our world in the first place.”

“Well… I least you two got something nice out of this;” said Fluttershy with an uplifting smile, “you met me, and Twilight… oh, and Spike. But I can tell you not much of us are big jerks like Leone. If anypony knows anything about him, we will find him; no problem at all.”

“Have you ever had anything or anyone that was very precious to you taken away from you?” Cream suddenly asked.

“Um… yeah I have, you’re not the only one who has dealt with a case like this.”

“Well I shouldn’t be too surprised; there’s a lot that the evil villain in our world that has taken things from me and my friends, but we always fight to get them back!”

“Well, I hope we don’t have to fight;” said Fluttershy, “but if we have to, then we’ll do it; I won’t let anything hold me back.”

“Me neither,” Cream replied.

Jut then, they heard the conductor, “Attention, ponies, 10 miles to Manehattan! Repeat, 10 miles to Manhattan!”

“So are you ready?” asked Fluttershy.

Cream nodded her head and smiled with determination, “Yes, I am very ready.”

-----

Back in Canterlot…

Twilight Sparkle had made her entrance on castle grounds and was making her way inside the castle to find Princess Celestia. She needed to tell her about everything that has been going on so that her new friends could be able to get back to their world safely; that is if they could find Leone.

She found Celestia going through her book archive with her sister, Luna; they were both quite surprised to see her so suddenly.

“Princess Celestia, thank goodness you’re here! I have some important news that you need to hear!”

“Twilight, this is quite the pleasant surprise; you sound rather desperate in your tone so what you have to say must be really important.”

Celsestia looked over at her sister and she just nodded, “Don’t worry, sister, thou will continue to look through here to find thy book; you must attend to whatever you need to take care of.”

Celestia then walked away with Twilight close beside her to give her the news, “What have you come here for, Twilight Sparkle?”

“Well… where do I start? I came here to tell you that recently Equestria has gained a couple of new visitors; but not just any visitors, but visitors from another dimensional world!”

“Another world, you say?” Celestia asked.

“I know; I was completely surprised myself! I mean… another world completely different from our own; it’s so exciting to find out something that no other pony probably doesn’t even know about… not even you, Princess!”

Celestia gave Twilight a little amused smirk and chuckled a bit, “Well I wouldn’t exactly say that, my faithful student.”

“Wait, what? Is there something that you never told me?”

“Well… the existence of another world doesn’t surprise me a bit, mainly because they existed for as long as I remember… and probably even longer than that.”

Twilight’s jaw dropped and she had to stop walking; her eyes glistened with excited shock, “Th-th-th-th-th-they?! You mean there are more existing dimensional worlds and they have all existed all this time; why have you never told me this?!”

“I guess it wasn’t a main necessity… yet, so consider this a surprise history lesson. So… who are our little dimensional visitors?”

Twilight really wanted to know more about the facts of different dimensional worlds, but she knew that she need to continue in her explanation because for all she knew they were running out of time.

“Her name is Cream; she’s this giant-sized rabbit creature wearing quite the dress attire, and she has a little friend named Cheese.”

“That’s a pretty strange name,” said Celestia, “What kind of creature is he?”

“Cream says it’s a Chao. I know it sounds weird but, a lot of unknown things are.”

Celestia was quite intrigued by this and wished to know more about Cream and Cheese; to be more specific, what dimension they came from.

“Any information on how they got here?” she asked.

“They said that they got here through some kind of portal inside some cave that was in their world. But that’s not the weirdest part; she saw carvings of the Elements of Harmony around it, and this was in their world, not ours.”

“Is that so…” wondered Celestia, “Could it be that there’s more to the Elements of Harmony than I even know?”

Twilight couldn’t quite make out what she was saying because she was speaking rather softly, “What was that, your Majesty?”

“Oh, um… nothing; so what can I do to help?”

“We figured that maybe you could help us figure out a way to get them back to their world; and by we, I mean me and Fluttershy; she’s the one who found them. Well… actually they found her.”

Suddenly, Twilight dug in her bag that she had with her and pulled out the purple emerald that Cream let her borrow, “Can you make anything of this, Princess?”

Celestia took a step back upon seeing the bright emerald as it shone with immense beauty, “Such… power; where on Equestria did you find this?”

“It came from their world; Cream told me that this is what activated the portal that led them here. This gem is one of seven others; maybe there’s something of that fact that we can use to figure out a way to open a portal back to their world.”

Despite her huge vast knowledge and her awareness of different dimensions, Celestia was quite astonished about what her pupil was telling her, and looking at this emerald just made her even more curious.

“This really is all a big mystery… but no mystery that we can’t unravel. I’ll get together with my sister to see if we can figure something out.”

“Unfortunately, there’s another problem, Princess,” stated Twilight.

Another problem?”

“Yes; I’m afraid that Cream’s little Chao friend, Cheese, was kidnapped and taken away from her.”

This became quite a serious matter to her aside from the other matter, “By who?”

“Are you familiar with a showpony named Leone?”

“Well I did hear of a traveling pony that puts on a show wherever he goes, and I hear that he owns quite the assortment of creatures.”

“Yeah, he does,” Twilight responded, “except he doesn’t own Cheese! He saw him during his last show in Ponyville and realized that he was not from this world. To him, having a creature like Cheese would make him get more money out of other ponies since we’ve never had a Chao in our world and I’m sure a lot of ponies would love to see a creature that doesn’t exist in our world… at least that’s our guess of why he did this.”

Celestia began to think more about Leone and his given actions from Twilight. Something about this was strangely familiar with her, “Animals, money, possession… why does this ring a bell to me,” she thought to herself.

“Cream is really upset about this,” Twilight continued, “and she is willing to do anything to get him back.”

“She sounds like a tough little rabbit,” Celestia responded with an amused smile.

“I believe she’s tougher than we may think.”

Suddenly, a tiny spark went off in Celestia head and a familiar thought of Leone came to her senses, “Oh no, is this who I think it is?” she thought to herself again.

“Anyway,” said Twilight, “Fluttershy is with her right now and they’re probably already looking around for him in Manehattan; we all suspect that he’s there somewhere… hiding… lurking… you know, what usual creeps do.”

“Wait, they’re there now,” said Celestia in a slight panicked tone, “looking for him; just those two?”

“Well, yeah. We figured that he wasn’t much of a threat since he was just an animal smuggler; and Cream said that she has dealt with meaner creeps than him in her world anyway. So with your help, we can catch him easily.”

Twilight suddenly realized the worried expression that was on Celestia’s face; she seemed to have something on her mind.

“Are you feeling okay, Celestia; you sounded a bit worried there.”

“Don’t worry about me, I’m fine. Both of these delemmas must be taken care of as soon as possible. I will get on this matter right away; however, you, Twilight, must get to Manehattan and find your two friends as quickly as you can to help them. If they do find him, it could get ugly.”

“What do you mean by that?” asked Twilight.

“If this pony is who I think it is, then your friends could be in trouble.”

“What; I don’t understand! Is there something about him I should know about?”

“No time to explain,” Celestia said suddenly, “but I will say that he’s more dangerous than he appears. Now hurry; I’ll send a small squadron of my guards as soon as I can.”

Celestia then carefully picked up the purple emerald with her magic to make sure no dangerous reaction occurred.

“Does your friend mind if I borrow this?”

“If it helps get her home sooner, I’m sure she won’t mind.”

Twilight waved goodbye for now to the Princess as she galloped towards the exit of the castle. She was wondering what Celestia meant by what she said about Leone; but if Celestia was this worried than it must bad. She needed to hurry as fast as she could; hoping that her friends haven’t found him yet.

“Good luck,” said Celestia as she watched Twilight rush outside the castle walls, “and be safe.”

She took the emerald, and brought it back to the archives where her sister was still searching through the row of books.

“Luna, forget about the book we were looking for, a more important matter has come up.”

Luna looked at her feeling puzzled and confused of the sudden change of plans, “More importance; what has happened, dearest sister?”

“Luna,” said Celestia while holding up the purple emerald, “are you still familiar with the dealings of... dimensional worlds?”

-----

Sometime a little earlier in Manehattan...

Fluttershy and Cream had finally made it to Manehattan and were both looking around at their huge surroundings. They began walking around randomly looking to see if they could see any indication of where Leone might be; but it seemed like it was going to be next to near impossible to do so.

“This is terrible, Miss Shy,” whined Cream, “This city is beautiful and all, but how are we going to find Cheese here; he could be anywhere!”

“Relax, Cream,” stated Fluttershy, “I don’t think we can find him just by randomly looking around. Why don’t we ask some of the ponyfolk here if they know Leone and if they know where he could be; doesn’t that sound like a plan?”

“Yes, of course,” Cream replied, “that sounds better! Sorry, Miss Shy, I wasn’t thinking.”

“It’s okay. Hey look, there’s a nice looking stallion over there; let’s see if he knows Leone.”

“Okay, I guess.”

They both calmly walked over to the random stallion and got his attention.

“Um, e-e-excuse me, sir;” said Fluttershy, “We were both wondering if you happen to know a pony named Leone?”

“Sorry, I’m afraid I do not,” said the stallion in such a polite and elegant tone, “By the way, madam, that’s a very peculiar pet rabbit that you have there.”

Cream scowled a bit upon being called a pet, “Hey, I’m not a pet rabbit, I’m… just a rabbit!”

“Good heavens, it actually talks,” said the stallion in shock, “That’s something you don’t see every day. Well, carry on ladies; hope you find who you are looking for.”

As the stallion took his leave, Cream still had an insulted look on her face while crossing her arms, “He called me a pet.”

“Um, don’t worry,” said Fluttershy smiling nervously, “I’m sure he didn’t mean it on purpose. Let’s see if we can find and ask another pony here.”

They came to another pony who was nearby and seemed very nice; a young mare who was sporting a blonde mane in pigtails and had a very upbeat attitude.

“Can we ask you a question, Miss,” said Fluttershy to the random mare.

“Of course, ask me anything you want!” The young mare suddenly saw Cream and squeed with daw-ness, “Aw, what a cute little rabbit you have dressed up there; is she yours?”

“Um… w-well, she’s is with me,” Fluttershy quickly said, “and she’s not a pet.”

Cream was just looking at the mare with curious look waiting to see how the mare was going to react.

“Oh, well that’s nice too. So what do you wish to ask?”

“We’re looking for a stallion pony named Leone; do you know who he is and where he is?”

The young mare thought about it for a second and then it finally hit her, “Oh yeah, Leone. I do know about him; he’s a showpony with some cool looking creatures! Plus… he does live around here.”

A bright smile came upon both Fluttershy and Cream as it seemed that this pony had the answer that they were looking for.

“That’s great;” shouted Cream in excitement, “so where does he live?!”

“Heck if I know;” the mare said cheerfully, “I’m afraid I can’t help you there.”

The smile on Cream’s face went away again as her sudden hope suddenly disappeared.

“Wait… holy celestia, you can talk!” the mare said suddenly.

“Yes… I can,” said Cream sadly as she held her head down.

“Amazing; oh well, sorry that I couldn’t help you guys. Good luck finding somepony who can help you better!”

The young mare happily trotted away from them smiling and bouncing in her step, but cream felt anything but.

“We can’t give up, Miss Shy;” she shouted while wiping away some tears, “We have to keep looking; we will find him and get back Cheese.”

“Now that’s picking up your spirits,” said Fluttershy with a smile, “Let’s keep going.”

Unfortunately, they still didn’t have much luck later on. Just about every pony that they asked knew about Leone but had no idea of his whereabouts. They were getting nowhere fast and Cream was getting very worried… and tired.

“W-what now, Miss Shy? We must have asked about a hundred ponies about where Leone is.”

“Um, actually, it was just 20,” said Fluttershy nervously, “We can keep asking if you like.”

Cream just shook her head sadly, “No… it’s no use. Maybe we should wait for Twilight or your Princess to continue. Oh, but what if it’s too late by then!?”

Just then, they both heard a mysterious voice speak up nearby, “I hear you guys are looking for Leone; you are, right?”

They both looked over and saw a black mare with an emerald mane approaching them slowly with a seldom smile. But what was so strange about this mysterious mare was that she had no cutiemark; that alone became very suspicious to Fluttershy.

“Um… yes, we are,” answered Cream quietly, “You wouldn’t happen to know where he is, do you?”

“Why in fact, I do,” the mare said with a smile, “He likes to be private about his findings; but for you, I’ll tell you that he secretly lives inside that mountain way over there in the north side. Just don’t tell him that I told you.”

“Oh thank you, thank you, thank you!” shouted Cream in joy as she hugged the mare tight, “Finally, we can rescue Cheese!”

“But wait a minute,” said Fluttershy, “where’s your cutiemark? Don’t you have one?”

“No, unfortunately I don’t, but don’t worry about it, I’ve gotten over not having a special talent now and I don’t feel bad anymore. Oh, and when you get there, make sure that you enter behind the mountain; it’s easier.”

“Thanks, Miss Mare,” said Cream, “Come on, Miss Shy! We have to get there, quick!”

Fluttershy looked back at the mare that had suddenly showed up and helped them and saw that she was just pleasantly smiling at her.

“Um… well, thanks for your help;” said Fluttershy, “we appreciate it.”

The young mare watched both of them run off in the direction of the nearby mountain as her eyes shimmered in the light and her smile suddenly darkened, “I was very glad to help… very glad.”

-----

Before they knew it, Fluttershy and Cream arrived at the back side of the mountain. It seemed that this was where he was hiding after all, but it was still bothering Fluttershy about this whole situation of conveniently finding out Leone’s findings from that mysterious mare.

“You know, Cream; don’t you find that suddenly getting the right info from that mare after constantly coming up short just a bit suspicious?”

“But we’re here, Miss Shy,” said Cream, “She was nice enough to tell us where Leone was; maybe she was someone who knew about his place without him knowing. This is our chance to catch him by surprise and rescue Cheese!”

Fluttershy thought about it and thought that maybe she was overreacting just a little bit, but she still felt a little weary, “Well, all right. But stay beside me, okay?”

“Okay,” Cream replied.

There was a double door way that they noticed and it was cleverly hidden… if wasn’t cracked opened a bit… strange. They both slowly walked in and closed the door behind them; and they looked around to find themselves in a semi-dark room that only had a couple of wooden tables.

“Miss Shy, where do you think Cheese might be,” said Cream softly, “and where’s Leone?”

“I’m n-not sure, but maybe we shouldn’t linger here too long.”

Suddenly, Cream heard a familiar voice.

“Chao… Chao…”

Cream suddenly jumped up and looked in the direction of the voice, “Cheese… is that… you?”

She saw a lone cage sitting on one of the wooden tables, and as she approached it, she saw that inside was who they were looking for.

“Cheese, it is you! I was so worried that something bad happened to you!”

“Chao…”

“Um, Cream, I don’t like this,” said Fluttershy as she came from behind, “Why would Cheese just be right here alone in an almost empty room? This seems so weird.”

“It doesn't matter now, Miss Shy; Cheese is here and that’s all that matters. So how do we get this cage open?”

Cream then noticed that there was a key on the table right beside the cage, and she picked it up looking at it curiously.

“How convenient, I wonder if this will open it?”

She tried it and the cage door was unlocked allowing Cream to open the door.

“Yay, it did work; we’re so lucky.”

Fluttershy couldn’t help but think that there was something about this situation that wasn’t right. They were having a hard enough time just trying to find Leone and Cheese, then that young mare came out of nowhere and blatantly told them where to go; then it was easy for them to get inside and they found Cheese way too quickly than she expected and the key to the cage was right there beside it for them to use to release Cheese. It all just didn’t seem to make sense.

“Cr-Cream… something doesn’t seem right here; we need to leave now.”

“Of course,” said Cream as she left the cage door open, “Come on, Cheese, let’s get out of here!”

But as they started to run, Cream stopped and looked behind her and saw that Cheese wasn’t moving a muscle. She went back to him and noticed that there was some kind of blank expression in his eyes like he wasn’t fully awake.

“Cheese, what’s wrong? It’s us; we’re here to rescue you. What’s wrong with you? Can’t you even hear me?!”

“Aw, having a little trouble getting a response from your friend?” said a different voice from nearby.

Fluttershy jumped and zipped beside Cream; both of them were shaking a bit wondering who it was that spoke.

“Wh-wh-who’s there?” said Fluttershy.

Suddenly, a figure came into light from the corner of the room, and it was none other than Leone. He had an amused smirk on his face from seeing both of them shaking.

“What’s the matter, are you not happy to see me?”

Suddenly, Cream’s scared expression disappeared as she scowled at the mischievous pony, “Leone, what you did was not nice! You’re nothing but a big, dumb, meanie and you don’t deserve to be praised for your shows!”

“Well… excuse me if I cry a river from having my feelings hurt,” said Leone sarcastically.

Cream was done being nice to this pony as she was getting ready to get him back, “I don’t like to fight, but someone has to teach you a lesson! Cheese, let’s go get him!”

But Cream didn’t hear anything; she and Fluttershy turned around and saw the same blank expression on his face as he just continued to just sit there.

“Um… Cream,” said Fluttershy, “why isn’t he doing anything?”

“I don’t know; Cheese wake up!”

Cream then glared over at Leone; obviously he had something to do with this, “What have you done to Cheese!? Stop it right now!”

“I’ve done nothing to harm him,” Leone responded, “He is in perfect health and perfect shape; but if you want to play with him, I’ll be happy to oblige.”

His horn started to glow an ominous purple color, then suddenly Cheese rose up out of the cage and his eyes were glowing a dark purple color as well; he then was awaiting orders.

“Oh Cheese,” said Leone with a smirk, “get them.”

“What!?” shouted Cream.

Cheese suddenly turned to them and charged right at them at full speed. Cream quickly dodged out of the way, but he was too fast for Fluttershy as she received a giant blow across her face and was knocked out easily.

“Miss Shy!” Cream screamed out with tears in her eyes, “Cheese, stop; what are you doing?! Why are you listening to that meanie?!”

Cheese didn’t respond as he dived back at her; but surprisingly, she stopped him by blocking with her hand. She was holding him back, but barely.

“Cheese, what has he done to you; open your eyes! It’s me, Cream! Snap out of it so we can go ho…”

But then she was hit with an impact spell from Leone that knocked her down and knocked her out completely. Cheese suddenly stopped his assault and flew onto Leone’s shoulder while still showing no expression in his eyes. Leone looked down at the young mare and rabbit girl that were both unconscious on the ground right under his hoof and chuckled over the fact that his plan was almost no longer in danger.

“It’s like I said, my new trophy,” said Leone to Cheese, “Nopony will ever stop me from getting to the top… nopony.”