• Published 5th Oct 2012
  • 8,973 Views, 71 Comments

Cream the Rabbit comes to Ponyville - AngelShy24



Cream & Cheese gets transported to Ponyville of Equestria.

  • ...
16
 71
 8,973

This isn't Goodbye

Cream and Cheese went through a lot over the past couple of days after being transported to the land of Equestria. They have been on wild adventures before, but none quite like this. A mischievous pony named Leone whose real name ended up being Solar Dusk kidnapped Cheese and used his power to create a gem powerful enough to control the powerful mind of Princess Celestia. But thanks to the efforts of the unique duo and Twilight Sparkle, Fluttershy… and Angel, his plans were thwarted and Equestria was safe from his power before it even started.

After dropping off Cream, Cheese and their new friends back in Ponyville, Luna and her guards made their way back to Canterlot with Solar Dusk in custody. At the palace, Solar was put before Celestia and the Royal Court for a quick trial; though it wouldn’t be any help for him at all… he already lost.

“Well, Solar Dusk,” said Celestia, “it seems that you’re back in Canterlot. Hope you’ve been well all these years because… we’ve all missed you.”

“Oh please spare me your sarcasm, your highness,” Solar growled, “I always found it to be rather annoying.”

Celestia made an un-amused expression to Solar’s comment, “Anyway, you stand before the Royal Court to be charged with going against the kingdom and yours truly. And not only that, you have been capturing and enslaving different creatures to follow your command against their will; and you actually had the nerve to harm 2 of my subjects and their new friends! I’m afraid that your plan to unleash your invention upon Equestria has been halted; interesting strategy of changing your identity though.”

Solar couldn’t believe his position at that moment; just moments earlier he was at the peak of his plan because of the two inter-dimensional creatures that appeared in their world. Now it was because of them that his entire plan more than 7 years in the making was ruined; now he wished that he never even saw the two creatures. At least then his plan would’ve still had a chance to prevail.

“Do you have anything to say on your behalf?” Celestia added.

“Sure I do,” Solar responded, “You do know that it was you did this to me, right? My new invention was brilliant; it was something massive; it could’ve help change the world! I honestly wanted to show you what I created in hopes that you would agree, and what do you do, you had everything that was based on it destroyed and treated my masterpiece like it was a complete travesty!”

“Um… it was a complete travesty,” said Celestia nonchalantly, “Any magic dealing with mind control is considered forbidden… I do not allow it in my kingdom.”

Solar just smirked and chuckled a bit at the Princess’ speech, “So what are you going to do to me? Turn me to stone; turn me into smoke; have me executed; or better yet… send me to the moon?”

“Silence!” Luna shouted, “Do not mock our sister with thou frivolity! Your sentence will be her decision and hers alone! So, dear sister, what is thou verdict?”

Celestia smiled and chuckled a bit to herself, “Well… as much fun as it would be, I won’t be doing any of that stuff to him; I have a much better idea in mind.”

“What’s the matter, Princess,” said Solar smirking, “those punishments too good for me?”

“Indeed they are. Now don’t get me wrong, you’re still facing some pretty good amount of years in my dungeons… in which surprisingly I haven’t used in quite some time; but on top of that, I’m sentencing you to continue working here while doing what you hate most… housekeeping.”

Luna looked at her at her like she wasn’t thinking straight, “Housekeeping; thou can’t be serious, right sister?”

“Quite the opposite; if there’s one thing Solar Dusk hates more than dealing with creatures regularly, it’s cleaning… especially if it’s somepony else’s mess. Isn’t that right, Soar Dusk?”

Solar leered at her knowing that she truly did know what he hates; or in this case what he hates to do. But even at that, he figured that he could get around this somehow.

“It’s true that I despise cleaning messes, but I’m sure I can find some perks to it.”

“Yeah, I thought you might’ve said that,” said Celestia coyly.

She then signaled to one of her soldiers to place a collar around his neck that had a sparkling blue gem inside it. It clamped shut against Solar’s coat and he started to get this weird feeling.

“What the hay is this?!” he shouted.

“Oh, just a little special gem that I had one of my other manufacturers created just for you. It’s made with a type of pure stabilizing energy and it cuts off the magical powers of the wearer.”

“What… no!”

Solar Dusk tried to use some magic, but none came forth no matter how hard he tried. He was then panicking and trying his best to pull the collar off, but Celestia gave him a fair warning.

“Oh, and you might not want to try and take the collar off because you might be in for an unconscious shock; and you will be watched over at all times 24/7. Aren’t you glad that you’re back here in Canterlot?”

Solar leered and growled at Celestia from the mischievous smile she was giving him; and Luna was looking questionably at her sister like she was having too much fun.

“Your first task awaits you in the royal party room upstairs; I heard the guards had quite the party that I allowed them to have last night and no pony has cleaned it up yet. That is such a conscience.”

Some of the guards around the room looked at each other snickering under their breath.

“Take him there, please,” commanded Celestia.

As they carried him off to his ordered destination, Solar threw a violent fit of rage and anger, “You can’t do this to me; this is a complete insult to my brilliance! I’ll get you back for this; just you wait!”

Luna just sat there and looked over at her sister who was just sitting there while smiling proudly.

“Thou are getting a good laugh from this, aren’t you sister?”

“Of course I am; is there a problem?”

“Nope,” said Luna while suddenly smiling herself, “just making sure that we’re both on the right page.”

-----

Back in Ponyville, Cream and Cheese were able to sleep in peace now that they were back together again. Fluttershy was talking over some things to Twilight after putting the two to sleep. She found out something from Celestia that was reported to her by Spike and she wanted to prepare a little special surprise for Cream and Cheese.

The next morning, the sun rose and its bright light shined all over the land, and the little duo was still fast asleep in the bed. They seemed too sleep a little more into the morning; which was reasonable seeing what they went through all day yesterday. After a while, the eyes of the young rabbit started to open up, and she felt a great sense of relief waking up only to see Cheese still resting beside her and not gone and missing.

“Morning, Cheese,” she said while yawning, “rise and shine sleepy head.”

“Chao…”

He woke up suddenly stretching and yawning from the long sleep he had. Cream looked over on her other side and realized that Fluttershy wasn’t there. She did just wake up from a deep sleep so she was making sure that she saw it correctly.

“H-huh, where’s Fluttershy? Did we sleep in today?”

Just then, she looked at the foot of the bed and saw that Angel was sitting there like he was standing guard over them.

“Oh, hi Angel;” said Cream, “Are you keeping an eye on us?”

Suddenly, she noticed that he had a slightly sadden expression on his face.

“Hey, what’s wrong; you look sad.”

More tears started to build up in Angel’s eyes as they started to leak out, and then he ran over to her and literally latched himself on her and started to cry. Cream was looking at him feeling worried of what he was sad about.

“Um… Angel, you okay?”

“Morning, Cream,” said Fluttershy as she suddenly walked into the room, “Did you and Cheese sleep well?”

“Yeah we did,” Cream responded, “but… what’s wrong with Angel?”

Fluttershy saw Angel hanging onto Cream continuously sobbing, and she just smiled and stated, “Oh, you’ll see; but first, get dressed and follow me. I have a surprise for you.”

Cream and Cheese looked at each other feeling partially curious and partially excited. What kind of surprise could she be planning for them? She did remember that she had a little something for Fluttershy as well, but she supposes that she could wait a bit.

After changing into her normal clothing, Cream quickly rushed downstairs with Cheese and Angel following behind her, and she went outside the front door where Fluttershy was waiting for her. But once she got there, she stopped and made a huge gasp expression as she saw the surprise that Fluttershy was talking to her about.

“Oh my goodness!”

“Chao, Chao!”

Awaiting her outside was the rest of Fluttershy’s main friends; and they were all really interested in meeting her.

“Cream… Cheese,” said Fluttershy, “these are my friends; Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, and… I believe you two already met Twilight.”

Cream was astonished by Fluttershy’s friends. Sure, she’s seen many other ponies around her during her time here, but these ponies somehow seemed to stick out more to her.

“Wow, you ponies look so pretty,” said Cream.

Suddenly, Pinkie came over and gave her and Cheese a big hug, “And you two look so ADORABLE! I was wondering who the newcomers to this town were, but I had no idea that they were a bundle of CUTENESS!”

Cream and Cheese laughed a bit nervously as they backed away to give Pinkie space to daaw over them.

“Cream and Cheese, Huh?” said Rianbow Dash, “You know, your names sound pretty weird, but I heard that you two totally kicked butt with Fluttershy yesterday! Man I wish I could’ve been there to see it for myself.”

Then Rarity approached her to admire clothing attire, “Oh, I just adore your lovely dress; it really goes well with your tie and fur coat. Not to mention those cute little shoes.”

“Um, thanks,” said Cream, “My mother made them for me; she’s not a fashion designer but she is pretty good for what she does.”

“Designer or not, I wouldn’t mind meeting her.”

Just then, Cream realized the marks on all of their flanks, “Oh that’s right! I recognized those cutiemarks; they are the exact same symbols that I saw in the cave back home. That means that you all represent the Elements of Harmony!”

“That we are, sugarcube,” Applejack responded, “I can honestly say that you and Cheese’s impact here was very helpful; ya’ll help find, discover, and stop the plans of an evil tyrant!”

“Oh, it was nothing really;” said Cream as she and Cheese blushed, “I feel that Cheese and I got here by accident.”

“It was no accident,” said a voice approaching them from behind.

Cream and Cheese turned around and both let out a huge gasp as they finally got to see the other Equestrian ruler.

“Pr-Pr-Princess… Celestia!”

“Chao, chao, chao, chao!”

“If you and your little Chao friend didn’t come here,” continued Celestia, “who knows how much longer we would have had to search for before we found Solar Dusk; and by then, it might have been too late. I do believe that fate had brought you here to help save Equestria.”

Cream and Cheese had no words to say at that moment. They knew that they have helped their friends in their world to stop evil before, but they never thought that a completely different world’s fate would be resting on them alone.

“You and Fluttershy showed true courage through the Elelment of Kindness and it’s because of that that Solar Dusk has been brought to justice.”

“So, Princess…” said Cream nervously, “have you found out a way for Cheese and I to get back home?”

“Yes, me and my sister, Luna has discovered a way but it wasn’t quite easy to figure out.”

Celestia took out the purple Chaos Emerald and handed it back to Cream who was quite relieved to see it again in one piece.

“With this Chaos Emerald alone, we knew that it had the properties to send you back; but its power and inner workings were so complicated to us, we thought we would never figure it out.”

“So what happen?” asked Cream.

“Chao?”

“Well, it’s a good thing that Luna and I are very familiar with the existence of dimensional worlds. The truth is that there many different pathways to many different worlds and they are all unknown to most ponies. You were actually pretty lucky to find one in your world.”

“Wow, so you’re saying that a portal pathway to any certain dimension could be located anywhere; even the simplest of places?” asked Cream.

“Exactly; and I guess it could have been obvious to where that portal that you two found would lead you since you claim that the symbols of the Elements were around the portal.”

“So… how do we get home?”

“Well… that gem in your hand is your key back home. You did say that there are seven of those, right? We’re going to try and link that Emerald to the other ones in your world and bring them here; and then I’m sure you’ll know what to do next.”

Cream was quite impressed of the knowledge she was experiencing from Celestia, “This is great and all, but how are you going to gain enough power to do that?”

“That’s where we come in;” said Twilight, “The power of our Elements focusing on that sole emerald should do the trick in drawing the other emeralds from your world to our location.”

“Wait, wait!” Pinkie shouted suddenly, “Huston, we have a problem; if there are seven emeralds, how can we get them all with just six elements!?”

“It shouldn’t be too hard,” Celestia responded, “However, just in case, I’m lending my alicorn magic to help.”

“We’d be happy to have as much assistance as we can, Princess,” said Cream.

“Chao!”

After that Cream led them to the exact spot inside the Everfree Forest where she and Cheese appeared at when they came into their world. It was a rather wide clearing that some ponies cross by all the time, but unknown to them, the clearing area was the same shape as a Chaos Emerald; pretty weird huh?

Cream carefully laid the emerald down on the ground in the middle of the clearing and backed away to give the ponies room to do their thing. Celestia, Twilight, and the rest of the pony gang had their elements ready (not Celestia) and surrounded the emerald.

“Alright, girls,” Celestia commanded, “focus your energy on the elements and try to draw power from the emerald.”

The scene in front of the duo was so awe-inspiring to them. They saw the elements around each of the pony’s necks glowing with immense bright light and Celestia’s horn shining with power. They all looked like they were in deep concentration as the emerald was starting to respond to them.

“Wow, Cheese, this is amazing!”

“Chao…!”

“Keep going girls!” shouted Celestia as she could feel the presence of a brand new power coming forth.

Just then, the emerald floated up in the air and it was soon joined by 6 balls of light and then a loud boom noise sounded and the Element’s power and Celestia’s magic was now holding and containing all 7 Chaos Emeralds… but for how long?

“Yes, there they are;” shouted Twilight while trying to contain her power, “the other emeralds! Cream, quickly; what do we do now?!”

Cream snapped out of her gaze and was thinking of what to do next.

“Um… um… oh; with all 7 Chaos Emeralds, we can convert our thoughts… into power… and then into wishes! Make a wish upon the emeralds!”

“You heard the rabbit!” said Twilight.

They all worked together, and in their minds they all were thinking the same wish… lead the way to Cream and Cheese’s home! All seven emeralds started to spin around at a very fast rate; and then, another bright shine of light emitted in front of them and the emeralds’ power caused the ponies to ricochet away from them.

When they all looked up, there it was in plain sight.

“Did… d-did we do it?” said Fluttershy feeling exhausted, “That really took a lot out of me.”

The same portal that Cream and Cheese witnessed was there once again as they could see their world on the other side; although it wasn’t sucking things in this time.

“There it is Cheese,” said Cream with a bright smile, “our home!”

“Chao, Chao!”

“Whew! Well, we did it,” said Applejack.

“Wait,” said Rarity, “where are those lovely emeralds?!”

“They must’ve disappeared into our world,” Cream responded, “and then scattered all over our land again.”

“Oh well,” said Rarity feeling slightly disappointed, “it’s not like I would’ve been able to keep any of them anyway.”

Fluttershy walked up beside Cream who was just standing there and smiling at the sight of her world again.

“Well… there’s your home; you can go back and see your other friends and your mother again.”

“Yeah!” said Cream, “Y… yeah…”

Suddenly, she was very silent and the other was wondering what was wrong; but then, Cream suddenly turned around and gave Fluttershy a big hug. Some tears started to form in her eyes and also did Fluttershy’s; she knew what was going on.

“Miss Shy, are we never going to see each other again? Is this… goodbye?”

The others was seeing this spectacle and most of them were starting to cry as well… even Rainbow Dash who was trying not show it.

“I… I don’t know, Cream,” Fluttershy responded, “but shouldn’t you be more relieved to be going back home?”

“I am, but… I’m going to miss you… and all your friends; even though I just met most of them just now.”

“Chao…”

Suddenly, Angel latched himself on her again spouting tears of sadness; he was practically begging her no to go.

“Oh, Angel,” said Cream smiling as she grabbed Angel and nuzzled against his cheek, “I know you don’t want me to go; I partially want to stay here too. But I have to go back; my other friends and my mother are probably all worried about me; and besides… I know you have a crush on me, but… it just wouldn’t work out. But, we can be very best friends, okay?”

Angel looked up at her cute brown eyes and then blushed as he nodded his head. Cream then handed Angel back over to Fluttershy and told him to stay there and don’t try to follow her.

She walked up to Celestia asked, “Princess Celestia, do you think that I will ever see Miss Shy, Angel, you or any other pony here again?”

“It’s hard for even me to see that,” Celestia responded, “But you and Cheese did a great deal here and made some wonderful friends. So if there’s a way to easily see each other again, it will be discovered, and you two will be able to see us again.” She then suddenly gave her a smile, “And who knows, maybe we’ll be the ones to visit you and we can meet your friends.”

“That would be great!” shouted Cream.

“Chao, chao!”

“Well, you better hurry, Cream,” said Twilight, “that portal isn’t going to stay open forever.”

“Right.”

Suddenly, Cream remembered something, “Oh, I almost forgot!”

She quickly went into her pocket and pulled out a flower crown that she made secretly yesterday after they came back to Ponyville. Then she went over to Fluttershy and placed it on her head; and Fluttershy was speechless.

“When I feel like it, I like to make flower crowns for all my best friends, but I only had time to make one. Do you like it?”

“Of course I do,” said Fluttershy as she hugged Cream, “I’ll keep it for as long as I can and remember that it was made by you.”

Finally, Cream and Cheese made their way to the portal, and then she stopped and turned around to face everyone.

“I just want to say that Cheese and I had a wonderful time here and even though a mean, nasty pony tried to ruin our friendship we had fun taking him down! I really hope we all can see each other again.”

They all tried not to tear up again, but that proved to be impossible as they watched the duo step into the portal and disappeared; and then the portal closed completely leaving only the leftover whistling wind surrounding the area.

“Aww, don’t cry, Angel,” said Fluttershy as she comforted him while he was lightly sobbing, “We’ll be able to see her again; right your highness?”

“It might take some time… but yes, I’m pretty sure of it.”

“Too bad we didn’t get to spend more time with her,” said Pinkie, “I would’ve loved to have a flower crown too!”

“In due time, I think we may all get to see her again,” said Applejack.

As the others started to head back to Ponyville, Fluttershy remained standing there staring at the spot where her two new friends disappeared and feeling the flower crown on her head.

“Well Angel, I just hope that now that they’re back in their world they don’t… forget about us.”

Angel nodded in agreement while still shedding a single tear.

“Not to worry, Fluttershy,” said Celestia as she walked up beside her smiling, “I believe she won’t forget any of us anytime soon once she gets back.”

“Huh; what do you mean?” Fluttershy asked.

“We secretly planted a little something on Cream for them to remember us by,” said Twilight.

“Oh!” shouted Fluttershy, “That… you mean… that’s why… yesterday we…”

Suddenly, Fluttershy was tearing up again… tears of happiness.

“Yeah… she’ll never forget us; our friendship will last forever.”

Author's Note:

Conclusion in Cream's world coming soon.