• Published 5th Oct 2012
  • 8,973 Views, 71 Comments

Cream the Rabbit comes to Ponyville - AngelShy24



Cream & Cheese gets transported to Ponyville of Equestria.

  • ...
16
 71
 8,973

A new World to Discover

It’s a nice, beautiful, sunny day within a world unlike our own; the majestic land of… Mobius! It’s the home and sanctuary of the fastest thing alive, the true blue, the knight of the wind, the wild blue yonder… Sonic the Hedgehog! Unfortunately, this story is not focused on him.

Amidst the wide colorful hills of Flower Fields, we see a young rabbit girl enjoying her time gathering flowers for her mother with her Chao friend. Who are they? It’s Cream and Cheese of course; who wouldn’t guess that?

“Hey Cheese, do you think Mother would like these flowers more than the other ones I picked?”

“Chao, Chao, Chao!”

Cream giggled slightly, “Yeah, you’re right; Mother would like any flower I give her. I like them all too!”

Cream was one who was fill with peace, kindness, and had a cheerful heart. She normally doesn’t like to fight, nor does she want to start one; but she has gone on many adventures to help out her friends whenever they may need it.

“Come on Cheese, let’s look over there! After this, we can show Mother what we picked; she’ll think they’re lovely.”

“Chao!”

The two friends went on along to a patch of flowers that was nearby a giant hillside. Cream didn’t seem to notice just how big it was as she was too busy picking flowers for her mother. However, her friend, Cheese, suddenly heard a strange humming sound coming from the other side of the giant hill. His curiosity got the best of him as he started to head around to the other side of the hill. Cream looked up just in time to see her friend disappear around the bend.

“Huh, Cheese? Cheese, where are you going; come back!”

She suddenly got up and went after him to see what he was possibly going after. When she reached the other side of the hill, she noticed a hidden cave; it was hidden behind some branches that were dangling from above. She felt a little scared of going in there but she was worried about Cheese; so she bravely walked in and followed the path to find her friend.

“Wow, I never knew about this cave before; seems a bit scary though.”

She then continued to call out, “Cheese! Come on Cheese, where are you!?”

“Chao Chao!”

She suddenly heard her friend in the distance, further in the cave. She started to run towards it, “I’m coming, hold on!”

Despite how frighten she was of the mysterious, dark cave, the young rabbit kept on running into the cave until she came at a dead end where her Chao friend was waiting on her.

“Cheese, why did you run off like that,” Cream said while gasping for her breath, “you… had me worried!”

“Chao, chao!”

Cheese gained her attention as he pointed to the purple Chaos Emerald that was right there on the ground in front of them; giving off its colorful glow.

“Oh my, it’s a Chaos Emerald!” Cream shouted in shock and excitement, “Is this why you rushed in here, because you sensed this Chaos Emerald?”

Cheese nodded his head in agreement, “Chao!”

The young rabbit picked up the shiny jewel and was admiring its brilliance. She couldn’t help but smile knowing that both her and her friend found an Emerald.

“Come on Cheese, let’s go show Sonic and the others what we found!”

“Chao, chao, chao!”

Suddenly, before they took another step, Cream turned back around and saw something at the end wall.

“Hey Cheese, look at this.” They both walked over to the wall and saw some weird carvings. There was an orb-like shape in the middle, and 6 unknown shapes around it.

“Hmm… check out these carvings,” said Cream, “3 balloons, 3 diamonds, 3 apples, a lightning bolt, 3 butterflies, and… I think that’s some kind of magic star… I guess; but what are they and what do they mean?”

Cheese just shrugged his shoulders.

“Maybe if we find Knuckles he might know what these are.”

“Chao, chao.”

The young rabbit’s heart suddenly got startled when the jewel in her hand started to shine with immense power; its glow was overpowering!

“Cheese what’s going on?!” Cream screamed, “the emerald is reacting very strongly to something, but what!?”

Suddenly, the 6 symbols carved on the wall started to glow too as the orb in the middle started to produce what looked like some sort of portal that started to suck up anything near it. Cream and Cheese panicked as they quickly held on some strong, sturdy rocks on the walls very tightly.

“Hang on Cheese;” Cream shouted, “don’t let go of the walls!”

“Chao!”

Unfortunately, the force was too strong and the rocks they grabbed on gave away and sent them tumbling into the portal. Cream grabbed Cheese and held him close to her to keep him safe.

“Hang on Cheese; I promise I won’t let go!”

They closed their eyes and braced themselves for wherever the mystical portal took them; no mattered how scared they were. Then just like that, everything went blank.

-----

When their eyes re-opened they were wondering where they were. Could they be on a different part of Mobius? Or maybe in one of those other dimensions Sonic told her about.

Cream held her head and looked at her Chao friend who was still in her arms, “Cheese, are you alright?”

Cheese groaned slightly while his eyes were spinning, “Chao… Chao…”

She looked up in front of her and noticed the purple emerald that they found was lying there on the ground.

“The Chaos Emerald; we better grab it before we lose it again!”

As she got up raced over to the emerald to place it in her pocket for safe keeping, she noticed that they were in some kind of forest; but no kind of forest that she recognized.

“Wait, where are we?” Cream said while looking about their surroundings. “Cheese, I don’t think we’re in Mobius anymore; I don’t know why, but I feel like we’re somewhere completely different.”

Cream started to walk forward while still holding Cheese and was having a look around; hoping that she was wrong and she would see something familiar. All she could see around her though was forest, forest and more forest. None of their surroundings proved to be familiar, and it was finally clear to Cream that they were lost. Where could they possibly be?

Cream started to leak tears from her eyes, “I’m scared, Cheese; how do we get home?!”

They kept walking for what seemed like hours, it was actually just ten minutes; but that would still seem like a long time for someone as young as they were. But suddenly, their hopes lifted up a bit when they saw a clear opening at the end of their path. They both quickly rushed to the end, and when they got there, their eyes grew wide upon finally seeing a bigger hope for both of them.

“Huh, is that… a cottage,” asked Cream?

“Chao, chao?”

It was indeed a cottage; surrounded by grassy hills, a small open field and a flowing river that glistens in the sunlight. Within the area were many different animals of different species. However, they seemed to look a little different in Cream and Cheese’s eyes.

“Wow, look at all of the animals, Cheese!” she said with a bright smile.

“Chao,” said Cheese with astonishment.

“They all look like the animals that they are, but something about them seems… a bit different… somehow.”

A cottage nearby a forest filled with animals and a built-in fence… it started to make sense to Cream.

“This must be some kind of animal daycare,” said Cream, “But… who runs it?”

“Chao?”

Cream knew that the only way she could find out was to walk up to the cottage and risk speaking with someone she’s never met… all by herself.

“Well… we are lost,” stated Cream, “and we don’t know where to go from here…”

She gathered all her courage and decided to walk over to the entrance of the cottage. All the animals were just silently staring at the two unknown creatures walking by them; Cream just awkwardly smiled at them all while feeling nervous. Once at the door, sweat was rolling down Cream’s fur as she knocked her hand against the door a few times. After a few seconds no one answered yet.

“Umm… hello,” yelled Cream, “Is anyone here?! My friend and I are lost and we don’t know where else to go but here; could you help us?!”

Suddenly, she heard the sound of the wooden door being opened. Soon, standing before them was yellow pony with a pink flowing mane… and she had… wings!

“Oh my… whoa!” shouted Cream as she was startled by its presence. Cheese was also startled by the sight before him.

The yellow pony looked at Cream with curious eyes; a bit surprised seeing a bunny her size and in such strange clothing, “H-hi there, you said that you needed help?”

“You’re… y-you’re a… Pegasus!” Cream shouted while shaking her pointer finger at the yellow mare.

“Chao, chao!”

“Well of course I’m a Pegasus,” the yellow mare replied, “what else would I be; n-n-not that I’m calling you dumb or anything.” She held out her hoof wearing a smile, “M-my names’ Fluttershy… Um, what’s your name?”

“My name is Cream; and this here is my best friend, Cheese.”

“Chao, chao!”

Suddenly, Fluttershy’s eyes went all aglow with daww-ness upon seeing the little flying creature. “Oh my goodness, aren’t you one of the cutest little creatures I ever did see.”

Cheese appeared to blush a little.

“So what kind of animal is she,” asked Fluttershy out of curiosity.

“It’s a he, and he’s a Chao!” Cream answered in a cheerful tone.

“A… what,” Fluttershy said as she pondered in her head, “I never heard of those creatures?”

Cream smiled and happily explained, “Chao are peaceful and loving creatures; they’re very easy to get along with. Cheese here has been my friend since I was 2 and we’ve never fought over anything.”

Fluttershy was quite astonished seeing a creature she had never seen before, but she was glad to see such a lovely friendship bond in front of her view.

“Wow, you and your… Chao sure share a wonderful bond together. So, where are you from?”

“We’re from Green Hill,” Cream answered, “do you know that place?”

Fluttershy drew another questionable blank in her mind, “Well… there are a lot of green hills here and nearby Ponyville, but which one could you possibly live in?”

Cream’s eyes grew semi-wide while looking at Cheese who was looking quite baffled, “Wait… did you just say… Pony-ville?!”

“Yes I did,” Fluttershy said with a gentle smile, “Many ponies live in many cities and towns here in Equestria; didn’t you know that?”

“Oh my gosh Cheese,” Cream yelled out of fear, “I don’t think we’re just lost, I think we’re lost in some kind of alternative dimensional world; I should’ve know!”

“Chao! C-c-chao!?”

“You and your friend are not from this world?” asked Fluttershy in slight shock.

Cream just sadly shook her head while tearing a bit, “N-n-no… I guess not. Oh Cheese, what if I never see my mommy again?!”

Cream suddenly started to continuously cry with flows of tears running down her cheeks while Cheese was trying to comfort her; even though he was feeling upset himself. Fluttershy felt troubled; she wasn’t quite sure what to do as she was panicking slightly. She got in front of the sobbing bunny, hoping to calm her down so she wouldn’t draw in too much attention.

“H-h-hey… don’t cry, its okay. Um… I-I can try and help you if you want.”

Cream’s cries came down a minimum, but she was still sobbing and filled with worry.

“H-however… you two look a little parched. Do… do you want to come in my cottage and have some tea?”

Suddenly, Cream’s sobbing stopped and her eyes lit up like Rarity when she gets a fashion idea. She stood straight up and looked at Fluttershy kind of giddy-like along with Cheese smiling brightly.

“Would I?!” Cream exclaimed, “I would love too!”

“Chao, chao, chao!”

Fluttershy was quite startled and a bit surprised to see Cream go from sobbing to being very happy and excited, “Oh… o-okay.” She smiled a bit awkwardly, “Well, come on… oh?”

Fluttershy stopped in her tracks knowing that she almost stepped on a certain bunny friend of hers who was standing near the doorway curious of what was going on.

Cream looked down beside Fluttershy and saw him, “Aw, who your little bunny friend?”

“Chao?”

“Oh, that’s just Angel,” the yellow mare responded, “he can be a bit of a handful, and a bit stubborn sometimes, but he’s really a good little bunny.”

Angel was just sitting there not doing anything but having a good look these 2 strange creatures.

“Hey Angel, say hello to our guest,” said Fluttershy.

Cream came over knelt down to him and gave him a soft little pat on the head; once again, all he could do was sit there and stare with curiosty.

“Hello there, Angel,” said Cream with a smile, “aren’t you a cute little bunny. I’m Cream and this is Cheese.”

“Chao!”

“It’s very nice to meet you.”

She stood back on her feet and was then directed into the cottage by Fluttershy. As they walked in looking around at their surroundings, Angel turned around to look at Cream again. He found himself to be lost in some kind of daze. ‘Who was that bunny?’ he thought, ‘and where did she come from?’ He felt kind of flustered and light-headed as he continued to look at her. ‘She looks so beautiful, and… she called me cute.’ Angel didn’t realize it, he also seemed to be blushing; and not of the embarrassment kind. He was… in love.

After a bit of preparing, Fluttershy and Cream, as well as Cheese, were sitting at a table having a friendly conversation. Cream was telling Fluttershy all about her world and all the wonderful adventures she’s had with her friends; Fluttershy was quite intrigued.

“Your world sounds really amazing,” said Fluttershy, “except for the dealing with the evil scientist part. But for the most part, I’ve never seen any creature like you before.”

“Well you’re unlike any creature I’ve ever seen too,” Cream replied.

Becoming more curious, Fluttershy asked Cream her next question… if Cream didn’t mind that is, “So, how exactly did you and your friend end up here in the first place?”

“It was quite unusual;” said Cream, “Cheese and I were just picking flowers in a field back at home when we came across this mysterious cave that we’ve never seen before. Well… it was more like Cheese came across it and I followed.”

She took a sip of the tea and then continued her explanation, “We ended up finding one of the Chaos Emeralds in there. It ended up causing this weird orb that was surrounded by these 6 interesting carvings on the stone walls to open a portal. Cheese and I tried to escape it, but… the force was too much; we were immediately sucked into it!”

Fluttershy jumped a little like she was listening to a scary story, “Oh my!”

“After we landed back on solid ground, we found ourselves here within that forest near your cottage.”

“Oh Celestia,” Fluttershy exclaimed, “That must’ve been very terrifying to both of you.”

“It was, actually,” Cream said while shuddering a bit.

“Chao… chao.”

Fluttershy became quite intrigued about Cream’s mention of Chaos Emeralds and asked about them again, “So, these Chaos Emeralds that you mentioned about; you said that each one hold an enormous amount of power and that there are 7 of them?”

It suddenly hit Cream of how she could show her, “Oh yeah!” She dug into her dress pocket and pulled out the shiny purple emerald that she still had. “Here’s the emerald that we found in the cave back home.”

As Cream sat it on the table, Fluttershy gazed at its glamorous presence but was careful not to make herself blind, “Oh wow, it’s so… bright, and I can feel… some kind of strange energy coming from it. So… what would happen if all 7 of the chaos emeralds came together in one place?”

“Lots of weird stuff happens,” Cream replied, “But one important thing is that it’s never good if anyone bad or evil ever gets a hold on one of these; let alone all of them!”

Cheese nodded in agreement, “Chao!”

Cream quickly placed the emerald back in her dress pocket where it would be safe for the time being.

“By the way, Cream,” said Fluttershy, “do you remember what those symbols that you said that you saw on the cave wall were?”

Cream was only 7 so her memory wasn’t always clear. She scratched her head, trying to remember what they were, “Hmm… I’m not quite sure. I’m trying to remember but…”

Suddenly, something on Fluttershy’s flank caught Cream’s eyes, “Hey, wait a minute; that’s one of them!”

“Huh, where?” said Fluttershy while looking behind her.

“Right there on your… b-body!”

Fluttershy looked down at her flank and realized what she was talking about, “Oh, you mean my cutiemark?”

“If that’s what you call it… then yes! One of the symbols was 3 butterflies just like that!”

Fluttershy felt kind of confused. How could the little rabbit see a symbol in her world that looked just like her own cutiemark? But then like a sudden flash in her head, she remembered that Cream said that she saw 6 symbols and her cutiemark was one of them. Could it be possible that the other 5 were… well, she wanted ask first just to make sure.

“Um… Cream; were the other 5 symbols by any chance 3 apples, 3 balloons, a cloud with a lightning bolt, 3 diamonds and a magic star of some kind?”

Cream thought carefully for a second, and then she realized that the yellow mare had it spot on, “Yes, yes; that’s it! Those were the other symbols that we saw. But… how did you know that? Do you know what they mean?”

“Chao?”

FLuttershy was 100% curious now about this situation. Perhaps there was some similarity about their worlds that she didn’t know about.

“Well, the thing is… I have 5 other pony friends with cutiemarks that look exactly like the carvings that you saw.”

“By the way, what’s up with those… cutiemarks anyway,” asked Cream curiously, “Do they have some kind of meaning?”

“Actually they do,” said Fluttershy happily, “they represent our special talents; what makes us… well, us. Some talents are harder to figure out than others, but they only appear when we figure out and discover what that talent is. My cutiemark represents my talent of being able to communicate with animals.”

“Wow, neat,” Cream exclaimed, “Now I understand what the deal is with all the animals here!”

“Yeah, well most of them came to me on their own accord,” said Fluttershy, “I love them and take care of them all the time to make sure that they all live a full, happy life.”

“I envy you Miss Shy,” said Cream, “I sure wish I could have a cutiemark so others could tell what my special talent is.”

“So what do you think is your special talent?”

“Being kind to others!”

Fluttershy suddenly felt a sense of weird coencidance, “Being… kind?”

“Well of course,” Cream responded, “my mother has always taught me how to play nice and be kindly to others; and I happen to be very good at it.”

Fluttershy felt that this little rabbit girl was one of the kindest creatures she’s ever met. She was willing to help her two friends out in any way she could.

“Well, I think it’s time for me to be kind to you and your friend and help you find a way back to your home.”

“Really,” said Cream. She went over and gave the yellow mare a big hug, “Oh thank you; thank you so much, Miss Shy!”

Fluttershy smiled and hugged her back, “Why you’re very welcome, Cream.”

Cheese came over and hugged Fluttershy too while feeling excited, “Chao, chao!”

Fluttershy looked over at him and giggled a bit, “Oh, and of course you too, Cheese.”

Cream broke away from the hug and looked at Fluttershy curiously, “So how are you going to help us, Miss Shy?”

“One of my friends’ name is Twilight Sparkle; she’s a unicorn. “She might be able to lend a helping hoof.”

Cream’s eyes lit up with glee as most non-pony girls would react, “A unicorn?! Wow, I can’t wait to meet her!”

“Yeah, she's a real good friend,” Fluttershy replied, “You’ll really like her.”

They walked away from the table in the cottage and started to walk towards the entrance door. Suddenly, their path was blocked by the same white rabbit from earlier; he mainly stood in front of Cream looking up with an awkward smile. Cream bent down and gave him another little pat.

“Oh, hello again, Angel;” said Cream, “do you need something?”

Angel started shaking a little and sweat was rolling down his fur; he reached behind him and held up a golden tiger lily flower. Cream paused for a moment and then realized his gesture.

“For me? Aw, that’s so sweet.” She grabbed the flower and smelled it; it was unlike any tiger lily she’s ever smelled before.

“This smells so wonderful; thank you.”

Angel continued to smile and he was even blushing a little. Fluttershy felt that it was kind of weird seeing Angel being so nice like this, but she thought it adorable nonetheless.

“Hey Angel,” Cream called out, “we’re going out to see someone; do you want to come with us?”

His eyes lit up and he nodded his head yes; then suddenly he hopped up on her shoulder and gave her a light hug.

“Aw, I think he likes you,” said Fluttershy.

Cream just smiled lightly while rubbing Angel’s head, “Well, I guess it’s only natural; us both being bunny rabbits and all; but I don’t mind, he’s really cute.”

Cheese came over to give Angel a hug himself, but Angel gave him a stern glare warning him to stay away. Cheese froze in his tracks and looked at him questionably. He wasn’t sad; he was just curious why the rabbit didn’t want him to get near it. He just flew to the other side of Cream and just stayed there continuing to look at him curiously.

“Don’t worry Cheese,” said Cream who noticed him staring at Angel, “he’ll be friends with you soon; I’m sure of it.”

Cheese just smiled and forgot all about Angel’s actions. He and Cream couldn’t help but wonder what they were about to witness as they started to head down the dirt trail with Fluttershy; but with a town name like ‘Ponyville, it sure sounds like something that they would never forget.