• Published 23rd Sep 2012
  • 1,027 Views, 17 Comments

Rise of the Elements Epidode 0: Silent over Time - Dream Volt



Silent Sky is captain of Luna's Moon Guard

  • ...
3
 17
 1,027

A bit about Trixie

I scowled. The princess sighed. Yet another foal of a place servant had run off screaming. This not being the night palace it was somewhat understandable, but Luna visited often. In fact there was a terribly expensive and difficult to make magical doorway that connected the two as proof of that. I wasn't entirely clear on the purpose of the coloration of the portals, but the origin of the lavender, pink and purple scheme was clear enough. A recreation of the element of magic crown above the doorway removed all doubt of it being a coincidence. I had a feeling that was one question I had that was best left alone. Yet despite that closeness this nonsense persists. I then took a deep breath and sighed.

"What now princess?"

"Luna. I know thou doth think it unprofessional Sky, but I would have thee call me by mine name and not mine title."

"As you wish Luna."

I saluted. I should delegate the duties more, but I just can't help but worry every shift guarding Luna I don't take. There was just so much to do so suddenly. It was a strange state that most of the time only the officers were available to guard the princess. Of course Dream and Trixie being the laziest had the most free time. Technically they were both doing their jobs but despite being at least partially true I didn't respect their expert delegation skills. I wish I could remember which one had first used that term.

"Sky. The elements gave me a clarity like which I have never known, even if it did scramble some memories to do it."

"Yes your majesty. You have said such before."

"I wanted admiration for mine night, but I now see that what I truly wanted is not the calling of the masses, but merely the same from one pony I called friend. Something I never truly had, but now I have three good friends." I smiled

"If you say so your majesty. Azalea is good pony no matter how strange she looks but…"

"Thou dislike the boastful and egomanical Trixie? I am aware. As you should be aware I did not immediately warm to that mare either. However despite her ego she has a good heart, and I consider her a good friend."

"Yes, but unlike Azy…" she then shook her head. "I mean unlike Azalea Valley she has numerous very annoying faults and as a princess you can do better."

Luna sighed. Then looked around. The corridor was empty, there weren't any doors nearby, and magical ease dropping in either palace was impossible for any but the princesses themselves. But does she really mean to tell me some secret?

"That reminds me. I think I shall stop dragging my hooves and move on. We will be returning to Ponyville soon, and I feel I shall need thy help with thine sister."

"So you're not starting with the obvious target? You do plan to truly speak to Twilight about some of the things you have mentioned, correct."

She gave a nervous chuckle and looked away. "We shall admit we are a bit nervous about that captain, but we shall do it eventually. We found her to be quite the delight, most especially the way she often looked up at the stars as we walked about. But we wish to discuss it no longer."

"Of course mam." I then saluted.

"Now, the reason I decided on Trixie as my expert on modern magic and personal student, and none of the others in the squad I interviewed, is interest in her special talent."

"You mean tricks?"

"No, while to some degree that's her talent, a more accurate description is the ability to subvert the magic of others for her own use."

"So that whole I can do anything better than you thing isn't a boast? She really can?"

"I am unsure. Trixie hath some limits I think, but she might be able to surpass those, and her ego and sense of showmareship makes it hard to determine. Most interesting she not only twists the magic to her will, but adds to its power."

I gasped. "Does that mean that even your magic could be…"

"Yes, but most likely not anything too big. As I said, her limits are unclear, and in time who knows what she may be capable of."

"This is just more reason to be rid of her."

"So you would have me set her loose unsupervised?"

I stared forward, eyes losing focus. "Now I see. I'm sorry princess. I should have trusted your wisdom. Keep your friends close, and enemies closer."

Luna raised an eyebrow. "That is not precisely what we meant, but now you have some understanding at least. Come, we have duties to attend to."

I began to follow as she walked off, then suddenly stopped. Luna didn't notice at first, but soon she stopped and turned back

"Does something else trouble you my captain?"

"Not, exactly. It's just, Celestia forced Trixie on me, and…"

"Yes, she has mentioned this. We feel sister's meddlesome hoof in this, but we refuse to let that sort of thing bother us any longer. Now let us not tarry any longer. Dream Volt is surely already half asleep, we should not keep him waiting no longer."

"He's not quite that bad. Also as I always say, I don't care if you sleep on guard duty, as long as no one notices, and the second there is trouble you're ready. Somehow he actually does manage that."

"Ah. In truth we have little concern for such things, but when I'm ready I'm sure I will find much use for such a talented group of soldiers."

I just stood there blinking for a moment, then quickly caught up. According to the records she asked a lot of her personal guard, and little of it protection or even traditional military functions. I shall do my best no matter what she asks of me, but I can't help but wonder exactly what she means.