• Published 23rd Sep 2012
  • 1,025 Views, 17 Comments

Rise of the Elements Epidode 0: Silent over Time - Dream Volt



Silent Sky is captain of Luna's Moon Guard

  • ...
3
 17
 1,025

The party

Azalea Valley was a mare of considerable strength, both physical and mental. In short there was little other than Luna and Celestia themselves that she should fear. She worried about proper decorum with Celestia, but it seemed to be more a matter of her love of proper manners than fear of what she would do. So while I wasn't surprised by her reaction, I didn't understand it. She had shaken violently then collapsed. I was worried it was an outright seizure, but it was just an unusually violent faint. The party looked pleasant enough, but clearly that many ponies yelling surprise on top of the banner that read "Welcome Azalea Valley" was just too much attention.

Pinkie was standing there in shock. I don't think she had ever met somepony who reacted quite this way before. Then she turned to Fluttershy, and back to Azy. The rest of her friends were nearby, also looking confused.

"Oh, now I get it. But she seemed so confident before."

"She doesn’t handle groups well." I said "She's fine is small enough groups."

"Well this is a might awkward." Said AJ

"May I take her somewhere?" asked Bee

"Ooo, I know. Upstairs to my room." Then Pinkie jumped on a table. "Okay everypony. The guest of honor probably won't be back, but that's no reason to let a perfectly good party go to waste. Party loud enough she can hear it upstairs."

I then found myself following the peppy pink pony upstairs. Bee was carrying the much larger zony thrown over her back, and only slowing her down a little. Between her size and ladylike manner many the pony assumed she wasn't that strong. Other than the princesses the only pony I'd ever met stronger was Azy. I think AJ and her brother were fairly close though. Firecracker appeared in a flash at the top of the stairs, a small fire starting at her hooves. Pinkie then zipped into her room and emerged a moment later with a seltzer water bottle and put out the fire. Then she paused briefly, and shook her head. Once upstairs in Pinkie's room I noticed Twilight had followed us up. I also noticed Trixie in her disguise peeking in the door.

"Trixie." Twilight sighed. "I can see you there. Just come in. You obviously know her as well, and have every reason to be here."

Trixe then strutted in. "Fine, though Trixie still doesn’t see how you could see though her illusion. Luna herself said…"

"She said…" I began "That there is almost no pony besides her majesties Celestia and Luna that could see though it. Twilight is as you of all ponies should know terribly powerful and skilled. Furthermore that doing so would even be easy if you gave any of them a reason to try. Which you clearly did."

"Trixe supposes she did, even if it was such a little thing."

"Calling yourself the smart and incredible Sweetcream Scoops is a small thing?" said Twilight, raising an eyebrow.

I smiled. I always did like Twilight. I rarely guarded her, and of course never said a word to her, but stealth is the moon guard's specialty so of course I knew of her somewhat personally. I mean who else would Celestia have secretly guard her most precious student. In the end no pony even tried to discredit or sabotage her, much less anything more dire. Which is unusual, especially since the court was for the most part very unhappy about her title and several other things. I like to think it's because Twilight could be so utterly charming, but most likely it was simply everypony in the court being too terrified of taking the risk of upsetting Celestia if they were caught.

Trixie sighed. "Trixe admits in retrospect maybe it was a bit suspicious."

"I'm sorry all. If I had known I never would have led you over here."

"Actually she's not that bad with most surprises." Said Firecracker. "She barely freaked out at all those times I set off some fireworks right behind her."

I sighed. "Yes, she just dislikes large groups a great deal. Also Lieutenant Firecracker, I would not call bucking the wall down barely."

"Well it wasn't a small reaction now, but considering what she could have done and how most ponies would react it was totally boss."

"Oooo. That must have been really funny." Then Pinkie frowned. "Except for poor Azy wazzy." She then turned to glare at Firecracker. "You're not doing that sorta thing a lot are you Burstie?"

Firecracker looked away. "No."

"Trixie still thinks it ridiculous. Why should crowds terrify the over dramatic giant? Somepony of her stature and mental fortitude has nothing to fear."

I blinked. "Was that a real compliment?" And a startlingly similar idea to what I was just thinking not long ago?

Trixie said nothing in response to me, just turned away from me.

"I'm still sorry, I shouldn’t have brought you over here like this I…"

"No, it's all my fault. I should have known to be more careful." Said Pinkie

"I say it's my stupid neurosis, and neither of you are at fault."

Everypony turned to Azy sitting up in bed. Twilight smiled widely, then stepped back. I was a little confused what she expected until Firecracker and Pinkie ran up to her and pulled her into a hug. We weren't that close yet. I decided a change of topic would be a good idea.

"Why is this party only for Azy, and not the rest of my officers?"

Pinkie giggled. "Oh I know all of them already silly. Obviously Burstie is the best fireworks supplier in Canterlot, and Ponyville doesn't even have a decent one right now, so if I need something that goes bang…"

"Firecracker Burst is the pony to call." Said Firecracker, then smiled brightly

"Does that mean the fire mark is really for fireworks?" asked Twilight.

Firecracker teleported across the room, this time remembering to appear a bit off the floor, so nothing caught on fire. I sighed. I could tell where this was going. She smiled really broadly and scooted forward even more into Twilight's personal space, getting right in her face.

"Oh that's totally part of it, right in the name, but it's fire too. Not just making it, but using it all sorts of ways."

"Y-y-y-you're a fire mage? A real fire mage not just a pony with a few spells but…"

"Yeppers. The full deal."

"Oh, look at that, I hear my watch calling my laundry, gotta go."

Then Twilgiht was gone with a flash. I shook my head and walked over to Firecracker. Once she turned to me I glared at her. She laughed.

"Oh come on, its fun and it's not like I did anything."

"You did too." Said Pinkie, then knocked me over with a flank check that had surprisingly good form. "That was just plain, mean."

"But, it's silly. I mean it's not like all fire mages are insane."

"Firecracker." I then stood up. "You do know you are terrible proof of that."

"I'm just quirky." She smiled, but it quickly vanished as Pinkie glared at her.

"It wasn't nice. You are going to go apologize to Twilight right now or I'm totally going to tell Blinkie I'm mad at you and not to deal with you."

Firecracker's eyes went wide. "But, the good stuff. I can't make the explosives she can. I don't even get how some of them can work, much less how or composition."

"Then apologize."

Pinkie shouted the last statement and everypony in the room backed up. Then Firecracker was gone. Pinkie blinked. I guess she didn't consider what right now means for a unicorn good at teleporting. I hope Firecracker was careful and didn't set anything on the library on fire. That would not only make things worse, but likely result in Firecracker running from a very angry and ludicrously powerful librarian.

"Ooopsie woopsie. Well, I guess I should get over to Twilight's then."

"Could you finish answering my question first?"

"Oh, uh sure. Blossomforth used to live here, I didn't see her but Trixie was here and the mayor said I'm never supposed to throw her a welcome party because she isn't."

"Trixie does not care what this hick town thinks of her."

Pinkie teared up a little. "Awww, but it's so sad. I mean everyone should have a welcome party."

"Yes, and Dream Volt was first found by you on the edge of the Everfree. He was taken into custody at his party."

"I still think that was a little mean, but the Princess Celestia promised she would have a really big party for him in Canterlot."

I sighed. "She did in case you didn't know. He was the only one that understood it's purpose at the time, but the party occurred."

"Ooo, goodie. So Bee is AJ's cousin so obviously she's been here before."

"What?"

"Though marriage of course, and rather distant cousin besides." Added Bee

"Unlike some ponies Trixie understood something so obvious." She then turned to me and grinned. "As for Sweetsong she said she was constantly looking for good parties. Obviously she would come here eventually."

"Yep a roonie." Pinkie giggled. "I don't get why everypony dislikes you so much Trixie, you're so much fun."

I stared. A few things confused me. At least half of everything Pinkie did was one, but that clearly really was normal. The second was based on what Sweetsong said she wouldn’t have been caught dead in a town this small in her party days. Was Pinkie's party pony reputation really that good? Then Pinkie gasped and vanished. I wasn't sure if she had used the door or some other method, only a blur and she was gone.

"The confused and bewildered Trixie does not understand."

"Clearly she just remembered she was in the middle of forcing an apology out of Firecracker." I said "I still think the whole thing is silly."

"And once again your ignorance shows through. The wise and knowledgeable Trixie knows fearing fire mages is ridiculous. Unicorns are creatures of fire, we should not fear it so simply because it is difficult."

"Then why don't I see you ever cast any?"

"Because if there are any unicorns about they take exception. That doesn't mean Trixie can't. Trixie simply chooses not to."

"Like you choose refer to yourself in the third person?"

Then very suddenly there were three incredibly small, but tight and well controlled rings of flame around me. Firecracker could certainly do bigger, but she didn't have the control for something so tight. Trixie glared at me.

"I said I could drop it any time, and I meant it. I do it because I think it's fun, nothing more. I am the greatest mage that ever lived, but unlike that lucky simpleton Twilight Sparkle I wasn't gifted the power of the sun goddess herself."

I think almost everypony else made a noise, but none of us managed a single word.

"I need to work for every scrap of power I have. But I am great, and I am powerful. Just because some are a few that are more so, that matters not. I choose my life, and no one else does."

Then she walked out of the room. Very soon after the fire rings vanished. For a while I just looked in the direction of the door, then turned to Azy.

"What just happened?"

"Don't ask me. I sure don't know. Though that thing about being gifted with the power of the sun goddess? That sounded utter bonkers."

I then felt my eyes narrow. "She's a threat."

"But she's also huge liar. Are you sure Luna or Celestia would listen, if that was even what we think it was?"

"I'm, not sure. Will you be alright here alone?"

Azy then blinked. "Wasn't Bee up here too? Where did she go and when did she leave?"

"I don't…" Then I sighed. "Lieutenant Bumblesweet, front and center now."

I heard a sigh then Bee popped out of the closet and walked over to me. I glared at her, but as expected she didn't react.

"So once we all left you planned to look for some secret recipe, correct?"

"I must say mam you wound me. She has several. I would not do something like this for a single secret recipe."

"In that case, keep Azalea her company until Firecracker and Pinkie get back."

"Uh, you don't expect me to stop her, do you? I mean I'm big and strong but…"

"I would never do something so crass as attack you dear."

"I'm not worried. If she is foolish enough to steal from Pinkie I'm sure the result will be both entertaining and fitting."

"Oh, I think I see your point."

"I'm afraid I do not at all. What do you mean?"

I smiled as I left the room. Fluttershy had told me a great many stories about Pinkie, and I always knew they had to be at least half true, but was increasingly convinced if anything my sister was underplaying some things. I even found a report to back up that Pinkie really did do what my sister said to the stallion that broke a Pinkie promise.


To say this was a dangerous situation was an understatement. Firecracker was right that calming her down ASAP was ideal, and she was not the mare to do it. There were plenty of books this being a library, but there were no kittens nearby, and I didn't think to bring a pie. Thankfully despite having several heavy objects in her telekinetic grip and the familiar looking shield around her body she looked more scared than manic. That was good. A scared Twilight can possibly be dealt with. Still, it was best to be cautious around one of the most dangerous spellcasters on the planet when they were very upset. Then I sighed and slumped forward, suddenly realizing the most likely possibility.

"Let me guess, when she was younger she set you on fire."

She nearly, but didn't quite drop everything. "How did you guess?"

"Because if you see anything happen enough you begin to notice a pattern."

Twilight just stared forward. "So you're saying she does this a lot? She really is Crazy then. I mean I know fire mages aren't really that way but thanks to her…"

"You have what is actually a nearly rational fear of them. As I said, I've heard this story before. I am a friendly sort of pony. I saw somepony that looked like they needed a friend. One thing led to another and suddenly they were on fire somehow."

"Are you saying…"

I let out an even bigger sigh. "She can never pin it down exactly. That's the worst part because with even a few details it's obvious how it all went wrong."

"They said the burns weren't that bad but I know I just go lucky."

"And you're a unicorn. There it's so easily forgotten most medical textbooks don't even mention it, but unicorns are slightly resistant to fire and heat."

She looked up. "Hmm, actually I did read something about that recently. I trust you Miss Sky, but it seems like it was purpose."

"You trust me?"

She nodded. "Of course. I mean not just the stuff Shinny's told me but all the times you've guarded me. I think you even talked about Fluttershy to me once, I just wasn't really interested at the time."

Then she giggled. She was also placing all the objects back in the library. Mostly it was heavy furniture, a wooden bust of a unicorn, chairs, her bed and a few other things. Okay, situation under control. I could probably leave now and suffer nothing more than her thinking me rude.

"You know, it's funny to think that." She said "That though you I could have met Fluttershy earlier, and though her Dash. In fact it seems that way with most of my friends. I know for a fact I met Rarity once."

"Really?"

She nodded. "I'm not really sure on the details, but one time she visited Canterlot and she tried to talk to me, but I ignored her. She then gave me this long lecture about manners. I didn't really listen, but I did hear her voice."

"And recently realized you recognized it?"

She nodded. "Yes, I was reading a book while she was talking to Dash about something but at some point she started talking to me instead and I didn't notice. When she got mad and started ranting I suddenly remembered."

"What about Dash?"

"Well, I was with Ceslestia in the princess box during many of their Canterlot shows. But I've decided that, well…" She looked away

"Telling Dash you had the best seats in the house for her idols, for free, but spent all your time reading is a bad idea."

She nodded. "Pinkie I'm now absolutely sure I have met somewhere before, but I have no idea where or why. I'm also rather afraid to find out."

I nodded. "That seems reasonable. What about Applejack."

"Oh, that's the one I'm not sure of. Still, the apples are close and tend to do very well in various things. Celestia likes judging cooking contests and I know Applejack has a few awards from Canterlot in her house. She probably passed right by me at least once."

"Interesting."

I wasn't sure if it meant more of Celestia's meddling and her being a little too subtle, or just that it only makes sense you might run into ponies form Canterlot at least once since Ponyville is so close. I suppose it didn't matter, but it was interesting, and now that I thought of it a little funny. I gave a short chuckle.

"So I guess you agree with me after all."

"Yes. So I trust you and Firecracker and okay now."

She sighed. "I suppose. It's just no matter what she said the fact she was fine strongly suggests that…"

"She's fireproof."

"What? A pony can't simply be made fireproof."

"Yes they can. After the coming into the hospital one too many times with third degree burns all over her body it was decided something drastic was needed."

Twilight gasped. "Wait, they gave a young pony runes? But the tattooing process is terribly painful. How could she stand it."

"I don't know, but she did. Also despite the way she acts she is no less sensitive to pain, including burns, than any other pony."

"Or was. But now she's immune to them, so she probably should have been on fire too, but because she set herself on fire so often…"

I nodded. "Exactly."

"I guess she's another pony I could have been friends with. In fact, why try to fix that right now. Some insight into fire magic might prove useful."

"I wouldn't recommend that."

"Why not."

She raised an eyebrow and I suddenly I didn't have a good answer. Or rather not an answer I could give her. "You're already dangerous enough as it is without studying fire spells" does not seem like a good thing to tell her. Then I realized I had a bad answer that while technically accurate clearly wouldn’t satisfy her. Not satisfying Twilight's curiosity could be a very bad thing.

"It's classified."

"Do you know what kind of clearance I have." Then she blinked. "Actually I'm not too sure what kind of clearance I have but it always seemed pretty high."

"It is, but there are some thing Celestia herself doesn't know."

"What? That makes no sense."

"By her order of course. Luna is actually currently more restricted than you. The main thing is the exact contents of the daymare protocols, as our only hope of anything in there working is if she doesn't know."

"Except even if nopony tells her and she never looks she might know anyway."

I nodded. "One of many reasons I hope we never use them."

She sighed. "Fine. I don't quite see why it would be in my best interests to avoid Firecracker but…"

"I didn't say that, just don't get to close. Strictly professional."

Then Twilight laughed. "Oh, now I get it. I may not know any fire magic, but as I said I have mostly unrestricted access to just about everything. Including offensive magic training manuals from the guards. How could fire me more dangerous."

"So you know about…" Then I paused. "…the common practice of the school to draw up plans to subdue out of control students?"

"Obviously. She's very powerful isn't she?"

"Yes, but you are far more powerful by a great margin."

She smiled. "Don't worry, I think it's even sillier now but I still have a fear of fire magic, so I really just want theory and such, not specific spells."

"I understand. I think I should go back to the party now."

She nodded. "I'll stay here I think. Tell Firecracker I'm sorry and she's welcome here anytime. I misjudged her."

One last tactic, and it's even the truth. "She is insane you know. Not dangerously so, but her pyromania is only kept in check via sheer willpower. She is a good pony and a good soldier, but she is dangerous."

I then walked out. No time to react and no questions. I doubt it would change her mind, and most likely just result in Twilight reading Firecracker's personnel files closely in the near future. Then I cringed at sudden terrible thought. Firecracker could help Twilight be more dangerous it's true, but she was right it hardly mattered. On the other hoof if Twilight could teach Firecracker even one new spells there is no telling how much more dangerous she would become. Unlike Twilight it wasn't a question of whether she could be subdued if she suddenly went dangerously crazy, but how much damage she would do before we succeeded. I hated this sort of planning, and hopefully it would never be necessary, but for the sake of Equestria, we must be prepared.


It was happening right in front of me and I still had trouble believing it. Azalea was in the center of the small stage I was certain hadn't been there before, a mare on either side of her. Pinkie currently on the left, and Trixie on the right. All three had been moving around during the song. I'm sure if Sweetsong was around she'd be involved in this as well. I wish I had seen all of it.

"A second chance…" sang Trixie

"A chance to show I'm not so strange."

"Come on ponies, take a chance and give a chance." Sang Pinkie "Then you'll see, they're not so bad."

"Just give us all a chance." All three sang in unity.

Then the room filled with countless hooves beating on the ground. The applause was nearly overwhelming. Obviously for Azy it was, and now that she wasn't in the zone she fainted dead away crashing through the wooden stage. The clapping of course stopped. When Trixie's horn lit up and a glow suffused Azy I was proud. She'd fought it every step of the way, but she got though the magic first aid course, and now was actually using it. At least I really hoped that's what it was. Of course I doubt she was fixing anything. I think only the stage suffered any damage. Pinkie looked down, then scratched her head with one hoof.

"I don't get it. She was fine when we started singing upstairs."

"Trixie had hopes she was getting better."

"So I guess I need to take her upstairs since…" I began

"The great and powerful Trixie needs nopony to help her, even with Azalea's size. Watch and be amazed."

I wasn't by any means amazed, but I was a little impressed as Trixie levitated her with what seemed like ease. Very soon we were all once again upstairs, Azy in the bed, Pinkie hopping in place next to it. Trixe looked slightly dazed, but her balance seemed fine, and hooves stable. Classic magic fatigue. Maybe she really was just unusually weak after all. It sure seemed like laziness, and Firecracker and the rest of her girls agreed with me. Were we all wrong?

"Ooo, can you carry me around next. That looks like fun."

"Trixie would rather not."

Pinkie giggled "Still so much fun. How can the girls be so grumpy toward you?"

"Trixie has realized part of her act was a little harsh. Trixie can not help how superior she is to most other ponies in so many ways, but she can possibly be a little kinder about it. Trixie has realized this."

"And…" I let it hang

"And Trixie will not repeat nonsense other ponies tell her just because it sounds good. Trixie always suspected no matter how large the bear it was not truly an Ursa Major."

"And?"

"And Trixie is a smart and talented mare and really should have just done the research on Ursas. Which oddly you seem to care more about than my exaggeration."

"That isn't me. But we both know Luna does. I agree with her."

Trixie blinked. "You do? Trixie gets the feeling that lying is one of the things you hate most of all. Though you are being unusually strict…"

"I've told you countless small lies, and there are many manipulations of the truth that serve Luna. That is what matters most to me."

"The confused and intrigued Trixie still does not understand your position.

"Accepting bad intelligence while not smart is at times unavoidable. You have to trust sometimes, and this can get you in trouble. However the way to deal with this is do as much research as you can on anything you might deal with."

"The conscripted and militarized Trixie is not impressed by your jargon."

I raised an eyebrow, then shook my head. "Worse however is I think you must have done some research, but then got bored and just went ahead only half done."

"Trixie does not know what you mean."

"Was this supposed Ursa major really a see through creature covered in stars?"

"Of course, why would Trixie make that up. Though in retrospect Trixie now wonders if perhaps it was actually some other beast mistaken for a bear due to it's size."

"OOO, you mean there are other starry animals?" said Pinkie, getting a wide grin. "Does that mean there are starry alligators?"

"I am not sure."

"There are."

I looked under the table next to the bed to see Fluttershy hiding under it. I guess she decided to hide from the party up here. Trixie leaned down next to me.

"Hmm, so your sister is a kitten type. The observant and clever Trixie would not have expected that."

I sighed. "Trixie I…"

Then I blinked. I hadn't told her Fluttershy was my sister. Luna keeps saying she has some real talents, and apparently I just found another one. Maybe if she didn't brag about everything all the time it wouldn’t be so difficult to determine.

"I like kittens."

"Oh, of course you do dear."

"What does that mean?" I asked

"It means she's cute and Trixie would be foalish to try to upstage her even if her friends convinced her to step forward because she is talented. I don't know what you've heard, but a brash flyer, a stuck up fashionista, and a tough as nails cowpony are anything but soft targets. They could take it unlike your sister who…"

"You take that back. Rarity is not stuck up."

Trixie fell backwards. I just smiled. Kitten of steel. That isn't a bad description of her is it? Trixie then hung her head.

"Trixie is sorry. In fact she has made up with your friend and really shouldn't have said that, but in truth she was only thinking about the performance, and then appearance is more important than fact. Though the main point of her act is by using volunteers she knows should be tough enough to take it."

"Oh, uh, sorry. I'll just…" Fluttershy then hid under the bed again.

"And the other reason Trixie calls them kittens is because all too often they have claws. Yes, Trixie is always careful around the kitten types."

"Speaking of, what type of starry beast do you think you really faced? Perhaps a rabbit, maybe a chipmunk?"

"Trixie is quite certain the beast was not a chipmunk."

Then Aalea stirred. Oddly Pinkie while continuing to bounce did not make any other noise until she woke up. She was immediately standing on the bed, ridiculously close to Azy, right in her face.

"Uh, hello."

"I'm really sorry. I thought you were having fun but…"

Azy smiled. "Oh I was. I love music, and singing."

"She just has some insane issue with crowds. Trixie tires to help, but even the most great and powerful can't help everypony."

"Really?" Pinkie Blinked rapidly. "But you were doing so well considering you had all those ponies staring right at you."

Azalea began to lightly shake. "Yea, so many ponies."

"She was in the zone. Trixie knows the feeling quite well. Once she was so engrossed in her act she didn't even realize she had lost her cape, or bounded up on top of her wagon until she walked off the edge."

"Oh my yes. I often lose track of time when feeding the animals."

"Who was that?" asked Azy

"Ooo, yea. Sometimes if the party is good enough I totally have no idea what's going on."

"Trixie was under the impression that was your natural state."

"Trixie." I said

"Oh yea, I forgot."

Pinkie then giggled. Trixie of course got a smug look on her face. She was most likely repeating something Pinkie said earlier. She seems odd enough to say something like that about herself. Of course that suggests a certain degree of self awareness that means it's at best a half truth. I think. I quickly realized trying to analyze this would only lead me in circles. Azalea laughed.

"See, I'm having fun Pinkie, really. Just promise me no more big parties."

She nodded. "Like Fluttershy." She nodded, an unusually serious look on her face. "Got it, small parties only. I won't forget. Everrrrrrrr."

The look in her eyes was very intense as she said the last word. She then bounced out of the room without another word. Then she bounced back up the stairs, backwards, and giggled.

"Oh yea, I almost forgot. You have your party up here, and I'll just take care of all the other ponies. I mean yea, this is way too big a party for you, but I can't just tell them are to leave. I mean that's like party rule number 7."

"Trixie is curious how many you have."

"Only 372. I mean that's hardly any at all for something as amazing as parties don't you think? I don't use all of them all time or anything, but it's important to be prepared for any party possibility. I mean this is the first time I've even met a Zony so obviously 184 won't come up that often, but I knew I would need it eventually."

"You have rule just for zonies?" asked Azy

Pinkie rolled her eyes. "Duh. I mean it would just silly not to, ya know."

This time she bounced off and didn't come back. One of these days she might realize I had feathered wings when she threw me a welcome to Ponyville party even though I didn't plan to go through the town at all. The "Welcome Silent Sky" banner made sense as something to have ready like she said, but the rest didn't. That's what convinced me there had to be something to her Pinkie sense somehow.

"Hmmm of course I guess I know she isn't a normal earth pony."

"Trixie is quite sure that pony is in no way normal, but cannot understand what you might currently be speaking of."

"I don't get it either." Said Azy

"Nevermind. So Azy, would you prefer us to stay here or…"

"Trixie should go, she actually likes crowds."

"I don't have a problem with crowds." I said.

Azy laughed. "Not like me, you just see them as a tactical nightmare, but I bet you'd still rather stay here."

"The rare and desired Trixie knows that when mending a relationship, a little time apart is a good thing. She shall return later."

I had been worried at first, but now I was nearly certain Trixie had just been messing with me. Lying was one thing I was sure Trixie really was good at. Though once a lie begins to fall apart she's hopeless. For now at least I'd just try to enjoy myself. I smiled even more broadly when Bee and Firecracker entered the room. I'm sure I could have fun somehow most of my favorite ponies in one room. Though first I need to figure out a way to convince my sister to come out from under the bed.