• Published 25th Jan 2023
  • 714 Views, 21 Comments

My Little Spark: The Movie - Real Solaris



When the Friendship Festival is crashed by the Storm King's forces, Twilight is saved by some creature, and along with her friends, they are forced from Canterlot. Now, they must find a mysterious queen and find a way to save Equestria again.

  • ...
2
 21
 714

Celebration

Hours later, Celestia’s sun had gone below the horizon and made way for her sister’s moon to shine down on the crowded courtyard, the lavender skies reaching as far as the eye could see. There were barely any signs that a foreign army had occupied Canterlot for a few days, the only things noticeable were the broken pillars with their tops broken off. The Main Seven, Capper, Captain Celaeno’s crew, and Princess Skystar stand in the middle of the crowd of partygoers that wait eagerly for the show to start and the chance to see Songbird Serenade perform on stage.

The speakers on stage screech slightly as Spike coughs into the mike to catch everyone’s attention, and once he’s sure everyone was listening, he speaks.

“Mares and gentlemen, before we get started with tonight’s show, there’s something that needs to be addressed,” says Spike. “As you know, Canterlot was recently invaded by the Storm King’s army, and the Heroes of Equestria and Mobias made their way to find the elusive Queen of the Hippogriffs to ask for help.”

“Just before they set out on this adventure, they met a new friend that had just saved Princess Twilight Sparkle from being turned to stone,” He watches as the spotlight swings around and lands on a particularly tall, blue-quilled figure. “Tionic? Come up to the stage, will ya?”

Surprised by the sudden callout, it takes the Spark a moment and a nudge from Twilight to realize that he was wanted on stage. Shaking his stupor away, he jumps over the crowd and lands on stage next to Spike. He greets the crowd with a wave as Spike speaks again.

“As you have heard, this is Tionic the Spark, and he’s the one who defeated the Storm King in one-on-one combat and returned the princess’s magic to them,” He says with a massive grin. “So let’s give a round of applause to the newest Hero of Equestria as our thanks!”

The courtyard erupts in thunderous applause, cheering for the newly christened hero. Tionic smiles, and then an idea pops into his head. He kneels next to Spike and taps his shoulder.

“May I?” He points to the mike in Spike’s claw. He nods and hands the mike over before the Spark stands back up. “Thank you, everyone. But I wasn’t the one to defeat the Storm King, despite how brutally I beat him. The one who actually did the deed was his former right-hand mare, Tempest Shadow.”

As the spotlight lands on the scarred unicorn standing at the edges of the crowd, they collectively groan, and many voice their grievances in varying degrees. She chuckles nervously as she weaves her way up to the stage, the various glares from ponies, Mobians, and even the Wisps floating around make her ears fall flat against her head.

“Okay, cut it out!” commands Tionic, and the murmuring lessens to a bearable level. Once Tempest climbs on stage, Tionic gives her shoulder a reassuring squeeze. “Now I know you’re not happy, but bear with me. After the Storm King betrayed her, she realized that what she was doing wasn’t the path that she wanted to go down. When the Storm King threw a Capture Orb at us, she sacrificed herself to save Twilight, her friends, and me from being turned to stone. If it weren’t for her jumping in when she did, Equestria would still be threatened by the Storm King. I would like to give Tempest my thanks for saving us, and I think you should too!”

Holding the microphone under his arm, he starts clapping for Tempest. He’s quickly joined by the Mane Seven in the crowd, then the pirates, Skystar, Capper, and even the princesses. They don’t clap alone for long. It starts as a slow trickle, but the crowd slowly starts to clap as well, and before long, everyone is clapping for Tempest, a few even whistle. Tempest looks around the applauding in awed shock, barely able to comprehend what she was seeing and hearing. Just a few hours ago, she’d been their enemy, and now they were thanking her for saving them. She could only look down at her hooves with an embarrassed smile, and Tionic chuckles, patting her back before he hands the mike back to Spike.

“Okay, everyone!” Spike says, flicking a pair of shades on. “This is the moment you’ve all been waiting for! Get ready for a little Songbird Serenade!”

Said pegasus stands in the middle of the stage, her wings flared proudly as she looks around the cheering crowd before her. Making sure the microphone next to her mouth works, she speaks.

“And now, to celebrate the fact that we're all still here in one piece, give it up once more for Princess Twilight, her friends, and our new supersonic hero, Tionic!”

The spotlight lands on the group of mismatched friends, and the crowd cheers wildly for them. Photo Finish snaps picture after picture of the group, making sure to get everyone in the frame. Celestia, Luna, and Cadance watch from a nearby balcony, and each bows their heads to Twilight before she does the same. The spotlight shuts off, drowning them in darkness as a piano on stage starts to play.

Songbird Serenade:

I know you, you're a special one
Some see crazy where I see love
You fall so low but shoot so high
Big dreamers shoot for open sky

Lights flash on above the singer as six choreographers pop out from behind her and begin the dance as yellow, blue, and orange lights follow their movements. A purple light shines on Songbird as she sings, and she continues to dance alongside the others.

Songbird Serenade:

So much life in those open eyes
So much depth, you look for the light

Rainbow Dash, Sonic, and Celaeno give each other a three-way fist bump, grinning triumphantly for their most recent victory. Rarity levitates a black cloak with lavender edges around Capper’s shoulders, and he bows as the alabaster unicorn places a matching black top hat on his head.

“And perfection!”

Songbird Serenade:

But when your wounds open, you will cry

Skystar and Pinkie Pie hug each other as they laugh, but when she sees a familiar figure flying in from above, her face lights up.

“Mom!” She leaps into her mother’s outstretched claws and hugs her tightly. Four other hippogriffs land behind the pair, and they look around in awe at the party going on around them.

“You are so grounded!” laughs Novo, nuzzling her daughter’s cheek. She can feel Skystar freeze in her grip, making her laugh even more as she tightens the hug.

Songbird Serenade:

You'll cry out now and you'll question why

On stage, six birds fly out with practiced efficiency from behind the rising platform that holds a perch that Songbird balanced on. The platform looks almost like a cake, the white layer on top seeming to drip down over the edge. Four rows of hearts in varying sizes wrap around the side and light up in tune with the beat. The birds flying about hold banners of the main colors of the rainbow in their beaks, and Fluttershy watches proudly as they loop back around to the stage.

Songbird Serenade:

I can see a rainbow
In your tears as they fall on down
I can see your soul grow
Through the pain as they hit the ground

Songbird launches herself off her perch in a flurry of sparkles, and she levels out before flying over the crowd, eliciting cheers from the crowd.

Songbird Serenade:

I can see a rainbow
In your tears as the sun comes out
As the sun comes out

Her gaze locks with Twilight’s (again, somehow) and she nods to her. As Twilight watches the singer fly off, she notices Tempest standing alone by the outskirts of the courtyard, before she turns and walks away.

Twilight nudges Tionic, jerking her head in Tempest’s direction. He nods, and as Twilight opens her wings, the Spark jumps over the crowd, leaving a trail of electricity for Twilight to follow. As they land, the only indication that Tempest knew they were there was the slight turn of her head and flick of an ear.

“Well, that's one thing that never changes around here,” She chuckles dryly. “The party.”

“Well, I hope you'll stay,” says Twilight. Tempest’s eyes widen in surprise, but she doesn’t turn around to face the pair. “More friends are definitely merrier.”

Tempest sighs, and she looks at the jagged edge of her broken horn. “But, um... what about my horn?”

“You know, your magic is still pretty powerful,” Tionic smiles, resting a hand on her neck. “Just like the pony it belongs to.”

She smiles at Tionic’s gesture, and then an idea pops into her head. “You know, I did tell you I wanted to show everypony in Equestria what I could do, right?”

She trots to the side as her horn crackles to life. Gathering her mana, she casts the spell she had used to destroy things for years into the sky. The bolt leaves a jagged trail of power behind it as it rises, and it seems to disappear before an explosion of color and magic overtakes the nighttime sky. Right as it fades, a stream of magic shoots out from the middle of the explosion and creates another burst of color. The spell continues to repeat this process, which bathes Canterlot in blues, greens, and purples, as its caster, Tionic, and Twilight watch the fireworks show play out.

No one could see it since she was wearing her armor, but Tempest’s flank flashes white as three firework explosions appear. After being lost for so many years, Tempest finally found who she was meant to be.

Songbird Serenade:

I can see a rainbow
In your tears as they fall on down
I can see your soul grow
Through the pain as they hit the ground

“Nice touch, Tempest!” Pinkie calls out from the crowd as she and the Mane Five walk over.

Tempest scuffs the ground and she chuckles nervously. “Actually, that's not my real name.”

“Oooh! What is it?!”

Tempest looks around nervously, hoping no one was close by to hear what she was about to say. Not that it’d be easy, since the party raging on in the background would drown it out. She leans over to Pinkie’s ear and holds a hoof to the side of her mouth before whispering her answer. “It's ‘Fizzlepop Berrytwist’.”

Pinkie Pie takes a long, drawn-out gasp as her eyes widen to the size of dinner plates and fill to the brim with stars. Tempest looks away in awkward shame and she preps herself for the teasing, but as you know… “Okay! That is the most awesome name, ever!

It never comes. Tempest relaxes, and a satisfied smile crosses her muzzle as she leans into the side hug from the pink mare.

“That’s Pinkie, folks!” Sonic laughs, and soon everyone, even Tempest, joins in on the laughter as Songbird continues to sing in the background.


Close to midnight, the party starts to wind down, with ponies and Mobians going back to their homes or hotels and clocking out for the night. Songbird had wrapped up with a final song hours ago, and partygoers had been slowly leaving ever since.

Of the group of heroes, Captain Celaeno and her crew were the first to leave, saying that now they were free, they wanted to get back into the open skies as soon as possible. Capper left with them, and after giving his thanks to Rarity, they headed back to Klugetown via a ship donated by Celestia from the Royal Navy as thanks for helping save Equestria.

Queen Novo, Princess Skystar, and the other hippogriffs were next to leave, but they left a little later since Novo was talking to Celestia, Luna, and Cadance for a good while. After they flew off south, that left the Mane Eight and Spike alone. They decided to help clean up the remnants of the party, and thanks to their coordination and the insane speed of Sonic, Rainbow Dash, and Tionic, they were able to get everything cleaned in record time. They were about to head over to the station to take the Midnight Express back to Ponyville when Tionic taps Twilight’s shoulder.

“Hey, Twilight?” He rubs the back of his head as he looks around. “Can we talk for a minute? Preferably somewhere quiet?”

“Sure!” She gestures behind them where a flight of stairs leads up into the city. “The Royal Gardens aren’t too occupied this time of night, so they should do nicely.”

“Alright then,” He nods and faces the Mane Six and Spike. “I promise I won’t keep her for too long. Just wait for us at the station and we’ll meet y’all there in a few minutes. Lead the way then, princess.”

They all nod in understanding, and after saying a quick goodbye, Twilight and Tionic cross the courtyard and climb up the stairs into the city. It takes a few minutes of silent, but comfortable walking to reach the entrance to the gardens, but they find a hill nearby that overlooks the plains stretching for miles below the mountain.

“So,” Twilight settles down on the grass, tucking her legs underneath her and readjusting where her wings sat at her sides. She waits as Tionic plops down on her left side and gets comfortable before speaking again. “What’s up?”

“About what happened back at the beach,” He starts, his ears folding back as he stares at the grass between his feet. “I just want to apologize for how I acted then. If it wasn’t obvious, I’ve bottled my emotions up after my mom died, and being alone for years didn’t exactly help my mental state. So when you got mad at Pinkie, that was the final straw, and I took my anger out on you when I shouldn’t have, making things even worse than it already was.”

“It’s alright, Tio. I…” Her eyes widen in shock as she slaps a hoof to her mouth. “Oh! I-I’m so sorry, I-I forgot you you don’t like-!”

“It’s alright, Twilight,” Tionic interrupts, chuckling sadly. He leans back, propping himself on his elbows as he looks up at the starry expanse above them. “The reason why I got so aggressive back then is because it’s the nickname my mom called me, and it’s one of the few things I have left of her besides her scarf.”

“So that’s why you clutched it then,” Twilight muses, holding a hoof to her chin. “Thank you for that, but you’re not the only one who needs to apologize. I do too.”

“You?” Tionic arches an eyebrow as he looks at the purple alicorn. “Why do you need to apologize?”

“When we first met, I actually thought you were up to something,” Twilight says nervously, rubbing the back of her neck as she averts her gaze away. “Even after you saved me from Tempest, I wanted to find out more about your actual intentions, so I eavesdropped on you and Sonic’s conversation back on the ship.”

“Wait, you heard all that?”

“Yes, I did, and I’m really sorry for thinking the way I did, Tionic,” Twilight’s ears flop against her head as she faces him with a guilty look. “Going through what you did, and losing your mom must’ve been really hard, and I made that even worse by pressuring you to use your powers when I didn’t understand why you didn’t want to. I’m sorry for that, and I hope you can forgive me.”

She holds his gaze for a second more, but her nerves force her to look back at the ground underneath her. Tionic smiles, and he places a hand on Twilight’s back, just below her neck. She faces the Spark with a confused look, and he chuckles.

“I already have, Twilight,” He says, slowly rubbing her back. “It’s not easy to keep me angry for long.”

“I can see that,” Twilight giggles, holding a hoof to her muzzle. “I know we got off on the wrong hoof, but, um, can we start over? As friends?”

“Yeah, I’d like that, Twilight,” He smiles and holds out his left hand to seal the deal. “Friends?”

“Friends. Thank you Tionic,” Instead of shaking his outstretched hand, Twilight wraps her hooves around Tionic and hugs him, surprising him, but not for long.

“No, thank you,” Returning the embrace, Tionic wraps his arms around her barrel and pulls her onto his lap. She squeaks as he squeezes her, enticing a giggle from him. As the Spark holds her like that, Twilight can’t help but feel safe in his arms, like nothing would happen to her as long as she stayed there. “And please,”

Tionic pulls away, and Twilight looks up to see him gazing into her eyes with the warmest smile she’d seen him give, and her heart starts to flutter. She was glad it was fairly dark, or else Tionic would see the red tint her cheeks were starting to take on as her face heated up.

“Call me Tio.”

Author's Note:

I don’t know where the heck this spurt of energy came from, but I ain’t complaining. A bare bones script to base off of hours prior is now a full-fledged chapter. Amazing.

Welp, after months of writing, I can proudly say that My Little Spark: The Movie, is officially complete! :pinkiehappy:

There will be a few things later down the line, like a new picture card that isn’t something drawn on paper, and an epilogue if I’m feeling like it.

I hope all of you who read this story loved it as much as I do!

Until next time, everypony! :twilightsmile:

-Real AllBridge

Comments ( 5 )

The Friendship Festival was intended to unite ponies and Mobians (characters from the "Sonic" universe) in harmony.




Myjdfaccount

Comment posted by terrysehjad125 deleted February 16th
Comment posted by adammade321 deleted February 21st
Comment posted by adammade321 deleted February 21st
Comment posted by zudio90 deleted March 13th
Login or register to comment