• Published 25th Oct 2022
  • 3,418 Views, 141 Comments

Equestria Ninja Girls Magical Mayhem - Wildcard25



When Equestrian Magic becomes more Troublesome for the Rainbooms and the Turtles alone, Blade Swipe comes from Equestria to help along with a little stowaway

  • ...
4
 141
 3,418

The Canterlot Ninja Club Part 1

At the park, in their secret training place, the CMC, Bright Eyes, Diamond Tiara, and Silver Spoon stood before Mikey and Keno as the Turtle was pacing while giving a lesson.

"You girls have been doing well in your training," Mikey addressed the girls. "So well in fact, that Keno and I have agreed that it's time to teach you a special move!"

"Really?" Apple Bloom asked in excitement.

"Awesome!" Scootaloo cheered.

"Yeah!" Sweetie Belle added.

"What kind of move is it?" Bright Eyes asked.

"A move that'll bait your opponent into defeat!" Mikey said.

"How do you do that?" Diamond Tiara inquired.

Keno explained, "When your faced against an opponent who's either bigger, stronger, faster, smarter, or more skilled than you, the only way to turn the fight around in your favor is to outwit them."

"Now Keno and I will demonstrate," Mikey stated.

The two faced each other and began to fight. Mikey whacked at Keno with his chucks while Keno blocked with his sticks. Mikey kept hitting Keno while Keno was lucky to get even one hit on the turtle.

Apple Bloom spoke, "Mikey’s really going to town on Keno."

Sweetie Belle raised a brow, "It doesn’t even seem like Keno is even trying to fight back."

"Actually, I think he’s purposely holding back," Silver Spoon guessed.

"I think Silver’s right, look," Scootaloo pointed.

Soon, Mikey had disarmed Keno of his sticks. Keno looked worried. "Ah yeah!" He cheered, and then swung one of his chucks. But this time however, Keno grabbed his nunchuck and his arm, then flipped Mikey on his shell. "Heh. Good one," he admitted, as Keno then helped him up.

Keno turned to the girls, "So, can any of you guess what I did?"

"You tricked him into letting his guard down by making him think he beat you?" Silver Spoon answered.

"Exactly," Mikey stated, "But you don't have to do it exactly the way we just did. There are lots of ways to bait your opponent. We can learn each different way as we practice."

"Hai, sensei!" The girls replied in unison.

"Okay, now face one another," Keno instructed, as the six girls stood facing each other, the CMC on one side and Bright Eyes, Diamond Tiara, and Silver Spoon on the other, their weapons drawn.

"And begin!" Mikey called.

As the girls began sparing, neither they nor Mikey and Keno realized that they were being watched. Someone was hiding in the bushes and peeked through branches before narrowing her brown eyes. "They are so busted!" She said to herself, before sneaking away.


Later, Mikey, the CMC, Bright Eyes, and Keno returned to Sweet Apple Acres right around when everyone else was getting around to spar and train.

"There you guys are!" Leo said "Where have you two been?"

"And hopefully not drawing anymore whack job’s attention!" Raph added, bringing up the incident with Abigail Finn.

"I was getting some coffee at the Sugarcube Corner," Keno lied. "Been meaning to see if it was as good as how Sunset told me."

"And I was just skateboarding at the park," Mikey made up. "And don’t worry, Raph. I wore a disguise."

"And we were all just hanging out," Bright Eyes said, and the CMC nodded.

"Well, I hope none of you are too tuckered out," Blade said. "It’s almost time for our morning spar."

"We’re ready, willing, and able," Keno stated.

Soon the Ninjas were sparring while Bright Eyes and the CMC watched with Zach, Buffy, Gabby, and Spike.

As they sparred, Keno was fighting Casey when the hockey player hit a spot on his side where Mikey hit him earlier causing the Night Watcher to cringe.

"Whoa! Sorry, Keno!" He apologized. "Didn’t try to hit you that hard."

"No, you’re okay, Jones," Keno assured. "Just a bruise from that Golem yesterday. Hasn’t fully recovered yet."

"You need a break?" Casey offered.

"Nah!" Keno waved off. "As my father taught me, work with the pain."

"Kay," Casey shrugged, and they continued to spar.

Apple Bloom whispered to her friends. "If we keep up the training, we'll be as good as that one day."

Just then, Caitlyn walked in and sat next to them.

"Hey, Caitlyn, where have you been all day?" Spike asked.

"Just out for a walk," Caitlyn replied. "Oh, and while we're on that subject, where were you girls this morning?" She inquired, as she turned to Bright Eyes and the CMC.

The four girls were taken aback as Bright Eyes answered, "Uh, like I just told the others, we were all just hanging out."

"Really? Doing what?" Caitlyn asked, suspiciously tapping her fingers on her arm.

"Uh..." Apple Bloom started, unable to think of an excuse.

"We were..." Sweetie Belle tried to think of something.

"Watching Daring Do!" Scootaloo blurted out.

"Yeah! That's what we were doing," Apple Bloom played off.

"There's always a new detail to notice," Sweetie Belle smiled nervously.

"Right," Caitlyn said. But by the flat look on her face, she was not convinced.

At that moment, Octavia peeked over the fence. "Um, excuse me!" She called, and the Ninjas stopped their spar and looked at her.

"Octavia? What are you doing here?" Applejack asked.

"I'm dreadfully sorry for dropping in unannounced," Octavia said, climbing over the fence. "But you see, I ran into someone who claims to be a friend of Michelangelo's."

"You did?" Mikey inquired. "I know a lot of guys. Who is it?"

Then the frog man, Napoleon hopped over the fence. "What's up," he greeted.

Rarity and Buffy screamed at the sight of the frog.

"Is that a mutant frog?" Twilight asked.

"Awesome!" Zach grinned.

"Napoleon!" Mikey exclaimed. He ran up and the two high-fived and fist-bumped. "Great to see you again, dude!"

"Great to see you too, Mikey," Napoleon said.

"Napoleon? What are you doing here?" Donnie asked.

"You know this guy?" Karai inquired.

"Everyone, meet one of my best buds, Napoleon Bonafrog!" Mikey introduced.

"Hey," Napoleon waved.

"We haven’t seen you since we were at the farm," Casey stated.

"Yeah. We’ve been busy relocating and training so we could we could protect our homeland," Napoleon explained.

"Boy do we have a lot of catching up to do!" Mikey began introducing the others. "First I want to introduce you to our friends, the Rainbooms. This is Sunset Shimmer, Twilight Sparkle, her dog Spike, Applejack, her sister Applebloom, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, her sister Sweetie Belle, their friend Scootaloo, Fluttershy, and Pinkie Pie."

"Nice to meet you girls," Napoleon said.

"Uh nice to meet you too, Napoleon," Sunset replied.

"Nice unicorn shirt," Pinkie motioned to his shirt.

Mikey continued "And those are our other friends from New York. That's Karai, Shinigami, Keno, Zach, Caitlyn, Buffy, and Gabrielle."

"Call me Gabby," Gabby said.

"Okay, Gabby."

"And that's Bright Eyes and Blade Swipe," Mikey finished.

"Hi," Bright Eyes greeted.

"It's nice to meet you, Napoleon," Blade shook his hand.

Napoleon noticed the scar on his eye. "Whoa! Wicked cool scar, dude."

"Uh thanks," Blade replied, uncomfortably. "To me, it reflects a bad memory."

"Still looks cool."

"Uh, Napoleon, darling, if you don't mind me asking this but, why do you have a clump of mud on your head?" Rarity asked, pointing to the mud clump.

"Oh, this?" Napoleon motioned to the mud. "It's my general's hat."

Everyone, except the Turtles, April, and Casey exclaimed, "General?!"

"As in army general?" Blade inquired.

"Yeah, that's what I said," Napoleon replied. "I'm the general of my tribe. Chosen by our leader, Attila the Frog."

"Cool!" The CMC exclaimed.

Rainbow whispered Applejack, "At least he's nicer than General Griffin."

"By a country mile!" Applejack agreed.

"You didn't tell me you were a general!" Octavia asked in surprise.

"You didn't ask," Napoleon replied. "I'm basically the greatest warrior anyone's ever seen."

"You're the greatest warrior anyone's ever seen?" Shinigami asked, rhetorically.

"Heck yeah, check out this free demo." Napoleon began to perform a dance while mixing in some simple martial arts moves before he jumped into the air and shot out his tongue, catching a fly.

"Eww!" Caitlyn and Buffy looked disgusted.

"Okay, that was gross, but awesome!" Rainbow said.

"Actually, Napoleon likes to exaggerate a lot," Donnie noted. "We wouldn't exactly call him the 'greatest warrior anyone's ever seen'."

Napoleon frowned in annoyance, "Killjoy."

"So, how did you all meet each other?" Fluttershy asked.

Leo began, "Well, it all started when Mikey made a mess while watching Crognard. Me, Donnie, and Raph all yelled at him and ordered him to clean it up. And said it better have been spotless the time we got back."

"Well that sounds pretty mean," said Zach.

"Yeah it was!" Mikey frowned. "And Raph even called me a screw up! I felt hurt and fed up so I ran away-"

"Leaving us your mess to clean," Raph interrupted.

"Raph!" Sunset snapped.

"Well he did!"

"Shh!" Pinkie hushed him. "Please continue."

"Anyway, that was when I met Napoleon," Mikey explained. "He was with a tribe of frogs from a pond that the Mom Thing dumped mutagen in."

"Attila is our leader. Our scientist is Rasputin, and the other is Genghis," Napoleon stated.

"Wait. Napoleon, Attila, Rasputin, and Genghis?" Twilight said, in realization. "Those are the names of some of the greatest conquerors in history!"

"Well it would’ve been back then because those jerks hated humans and were bent on world domination," Napoleon explained. "I personally thought it was stupid. But I was inferior to them. And get this, when I introduce them to Michelangelo? They didn’t like when Mikey said he was friends with humans so they attacked the farmhouse."

Casey chimed in, "They thought me and April had imprisoned them but when the guys said we were friends they called them traitors and attacked."

"During the fight, Casey and I got captured and brought to their tree," April added.

"When I saw them and said they were my friends, they locked me up too," Mikey said.

"My word!" Rarity gasped. "Those frogs sounded very unpleasant!"

"I most certainly agree!" Octavia added.

"Why did they hate humans so much?" Apple Bloom asked.

"Well, as hostile as the frogs were, they had a very good reason for hating humans," April said. "Attila explained that before they were mutated, they lost their homes when humans bulldozed their ponds to build malls, parking lots, and coffee shops. Since then, he believed all humans were evil."

"So humans destroyed and forced them out of their homes?" Bright Eyes asked in shock. "That's horrible!"

"Yes it is," Karai agreed. "But sadly, a lot of humans do that kind of thing all the time."

"Si, and a lot of humans don't care about what they destroy or how that affects the environment," Gabby added.

Fluttershy gasped, "No wonder those frogs hated humans!"

April continued, "Then when Rasputin discovered the mutagen that Mom Thing dumped, they decided to declare war on humans."

"Leo, despite his injuries, Donnie and I followed the frogs to their turf," Raph said. "And then Napoleon freed Mikey, April, and Casey and Mikey was able to save me and…. I hugged him cause I was happy to see him."

"Aw!" Fluttershy cooed.

"That so sweet!" Pinkie smiled.

"It felt more awkward than sweet," Mikey said.

"Yeah it did," Raph agreed.

Napoleon chimed in. "While they were fighting, I went to free Mikey and the others, when Rasputin tried to stop me. But I used this ninja kick that Mikey showed me and defeated him. But that also caused a candle to get knocked over and set the whole tree on fire."

"After Napoleon set us free, me and April saved Attila," Casey said.

"When he asked why, I told him that not all humans were bad, and that I liked to believe not all mutant frogs were bad either," April said. "And that made him realize that he was wrong about humans."

"Just like how you all showed me the error of my ways," Blade recalled.

"Once everyone was safe, Attlia said that I showed wisdom in regarding the Turtles and the humans," Napoleon finished. "He said I was brave, stalwart, and had a good heart, so he promoted me to general. Genghis wasn't happy about that, but he was big jerk, so yeah. Then we relocated to Louisiana, we had like relatives there."

"And that was the last time we’ve seen you until now, Napoleon," Leo stated.

"I’ve been hoping to introduce you to the girls here," Mikey said. "I even invited you frogs to our Christmas bash."

"Yeah, we usually hibernate in the ponds and water during the winter," Napoleon explained. "Otherwise, Attila did say he appreciated the offer and the Christmas card. And I remember you wrote that letter about meeting the Rainbooms and was hoping to meet you guys."

"So what brings you all the way out here, Napoleon?" Raph asked. "Something tells me that you’re not here just to check on old times sake."

"You’re right," Napoleon confirmed. "There is something that I came looking for you guys for."

"What's that?" Donnie inquired.

"Our tribe got robbed!"

"What? Who robbed you? And why?" Sunset asked.

"Que fue robado, what was stolen?" Gabby added.

Napoleon began, "Well, you see, Rasputin found this strange crystal one day. He discovered it had like tons of energy inside it or whatever. So we frogs had been using it to power our lights instead of using torches, so we'd never have to worry about accidental fires. Here, I took a picture of it." He showed them a photo of familiar crystal in a jar.

Donnie was surprised, "That's a Kraang Power Cell Crystal!"

"A what now?" Napoleon looked confused.

"Kraang power crystal," Mikey explained. "You remember those aliens I told you about? It’s sort of their power source."

"Oh!"

"Where’s the crystal now, Napoleon?" Leo asked.

Napoleon continued, "Well, yesterday, while I was out on patrol, I came across this truck that was stuck in the mud. I hid close by and overheard these police dudes arguing with each other."

"What were they arguing about?" Buffy asked.

"Just junk like 'It's your fault he escaped!' And 'You let him steal your taser and knock us both out!' Idiots. Anyway, I got bored so I went back to our tribal camp, when suddenly our lights went out. Before I could ask what was going on, I saw this guy running away while holding the Power Cell thing. So I chased after the guy, but he gave me the slip by stealing a car and driving off to New York."

"How'd you know he was going to New York?" Leo asked.

"Cause I heard him say he was gonna sell the crystal on the New York black market. Anyway, I hopped on a passing truck and followed him to New York. But when we got there, some police cars made him crash and he ditched and disappeared into the city."

"Hope you didn’t cause too much trouble," Sunset said in concern.

"Nah. I kept a low profile," Napoleon assured. "Of course, being in the city is like a frog out of the pond. Literally! I would’ve been lost had I met this gecko. I saw him skateboarding on the roofs yelling, ‘Cowa-boinga!’."

"Don't you mean Cowabunga?" Applejack raised a brow.

"That’s what I said. Gosh! Anyway, his name was Mondo and he brought me to meet his band of Mutants called the Mutanimals. There was a big turtle, an alligator, a monkey, a big bird, a big lizard babe, and a raccoon."

"That would be Slash, Leatherhead, Dr. Rockwell, Pigeon Pete, Mona Lisa, and Bandit Raccoon," Pinkie noted.

"And if you’re getting ideas with Mona, she’s mine!" Raph warned.

"She told me when I mentioned Mikey," Napoleon said. "I told them about the guy then that Rockwell dude said he sensed someone there. And it turned out to be the same guy I was looking for.

"Well that's convenient," April said.

"I know right? The dude was trying to steal a canister of that mutagen stuff and attacked Rockwell when he tried to stop him. While they were tussling, I tried to snatch the crystal back with my tongue, but I accidentally knocked the mutagen canister out of his hand then it broken and spilled all over on him and he turned into a monkey. Then Leatherhead roared at him and he ran away. We chased after him but escaped by jumping onboard a bus. Rockwell learned it was going to Canterlot. Slash told me that you guys were visiting there and they helped me sneak on the next bus headed there. Then I met Octavia here and here I am." Napoleon finished his story.

"Wait, so there's a mutated escaped convict loose here in Canterlot?!" Twilight asked in shock.

"Yeah, I just said that," Napoleon replied nonchalant. "I was kind of hoping you guys would help me find the guy and get the crystal back."

"Heck yeah we will!" Mikey exclaimed. "Right, dudes?"

"Right," Leo nodded. "You helped us once, Napoleon, so we'll return the favor."

"And judging by your story, this mutant's a thief," Blade deduced. "So we should stop him before he steals from anyone innocent here."

"Sweet! Thanks guys!" Napoleon smiled.

"We’ll do everything we can to help you find this guy," Sunset promised.

"If he did get mutated, he shouldn’t be too hard to spot," Rainbow stated.

"I’ll have to look up any leads on our monkey man," Donnie said.

"I can help with that," Caitlyn offered.

Leo nodded, "Good. Dig up what you can. Both of you."

"Can we come along on this mission?" Apple Bloom asked.

"We promise to stay out of the way," Sweetie Belle added.

"Yeah," Scootaloo put in.

"Absolutely not! Out of the question!" Applejack refused.

"Indeed. It's far too dangerous for you three!" Rarity agreed.

"Sorry, kids. Besides, I still don't trust you after you blabbed to my parents, Scootaloo," Rainbow frowned.

Scootaloo protested, "But you let me go on that Purple Nightmares mission."

"That was because we didn't have time to argue. We do now," Leo rebuked.

"This mission is for grown ups, not little squirts like you," Raph said.

"We're not that little!" Sweetie Belle glared at his remark. "And you guys aren't grown ups!"

"We're grown ups over you."

"But y'all let Bright Eyes go on your missions!" Apple Bloom pointed out. "And she's our age!"

"Well, actually, as Mikey once pointed out, she's older than you three. Or at least older then your counterparts," Donnie retorted. "Plus, she's been practicing Ninjutsu, and you three haven't."

"And we don't let her go on all missions," Leo noted, recalling the previous missions that Bright Eyes wasn't a part of, like facing Strawberry Prankcake and the evil toys, taking on Dr Finn, and fighting the Arboost Gang.

"Which is why she’s not coming on this one!" Raph added.

"Yeah," April turned to the girl. "Nothing personal, Bright Eyes, but mutant creatures are a bigger threat than criminals and some of the Equestrian Magic we’ve recently faced."

"Yeah, I understand," Bright Eyes nodded. "Especially after reading about some like that Xever guy."

"But-" the CMC started.

"No buts!" Applejack cut them off. "You three are staying out of this mission! And that's final!"

The CMC lowered their heads in disappointment. Bright Eyes frowned, the girls were right about their sisters being overprotective. It was no wonder they were keeping their ninja training a secret.

"I think I'll stay with the CMC and keep them company," She winked at the three and whispered, "We can practice our ninja skills." The CMC nodded.

"Oh! That reminds me..." Caitlyn suddenly spoke up. "Before we head out, I wanted to tell you all something."

"Tell us what, Caitlyn?" Twilight asked.

Caitlyn began walking around as she spoke, "Has anyone noticed that Mikey and Keno have been sneaking off a lot lately?"

Mikey and Keno did a double take at what she said as Donnie answered, "Well, yes, but they told us why every time."

"Did they though?" Caitlyn questioned. "Cause, I don't think they were telling the truth. Take the day after the Golden Puck was stolen for example: Keno said he had a date with Indigo Zap. Well, I spoke to Indigo at the Roller Derby and she told me they didn't have a date then."

Casey looked confused, "Wait, so Keno lied?"

Keno interjected, "Uh, no! I-I made a mistake! I actually had a-" Caitlyn stuffed an apple in his mouth to silence him and continued.

"Yes! He lied! And I'm betting all those other excuses he and Mikey made with lies as well!"

"That's not true!" Mikey exclaimed in panic and Caitlyn stuffed an apple in his mouth next.

"But why would they lie?" Fluttershy asked.

"I think it has something to do with the CMC," Caitlyn motioned to the said girls.

"Uh oh!" They said, realizing that Caitlyn was on to their secret.

"Why do you think that?" Sunset asked.

"Because l noticed that Apple Bloom had been sneaking off a lot too," Caitlyn explained. "And at the farmer's market, when me and Buffy dropped that crate of apples, I saw the CMC catch it... ninja style!"

"We saw it in a movie we watched!" Sweetie Belle insisted.

"Yeah!" Apple Bloom and Scootaloo added.

Caitlyn ignored them and continued, "And did anyone find it odd that when Keno said he had a date, Mikey also suddenly decided to go for a walk and Apple Bloom just happened to have a meeting with the CMC at those moments?"

"I did think that was a little wired," Applejack admitted.

"Right," Caitlyn nodded. "It was almost as if they were all hiding something, but what?"

"That does sound like the case, but what does it have to with the CMC?" Leo inquired.

"If I'm remembering this right, Applejack and Rarity had forbidden the CMC from ever learning Ninjutsu?" Caitlyn said. "And even made the Turtles make one of those Pinkie Promises not to train them."

"You're darn tootin' we did!" Applejack stated firmly.

"We made that quite clear," Rarity added.

Caitlyn continued, "Well, I finally decided to find out just what they were hiding, so I followed Mikey and Keno to a secret hidden clearing at the park. The CMC were there too and do you wanna know what I saw them all doing?"

"Oh no!" Bright Eyes knew what was coming.

"What was it? What was it?!" Pinkie begged her to tell them. "I CAN'T TAKE THE SUSPENSE!"

Caitlyn pointed accusingly at Mikey and Keno as she announced, "They have been teaching the CMC ninjitsu behind all your backs!"

Keno spat out his apple, "Caitlyn! How could you accuse us like that?" He snapped.

"Not cool, girl!" Mikey frowned, through his apple.

"Yeah!" Scootaloo said angrily.

"Besides, you don't got any proof!" Apple Bloom noted.

"That was all circumstantial," Sweetie Belle pointed out.

Caitlyn glared before she said, "You're right! What was I thinking! Accusing you all without solid proof!" She turned and walked toward a basket of apples. "I didn't even take any pictures! Ugh! What made me... think fast!"

Without warning, Caitlyn suddenly whipped around and threw three apples at the CMC. On reflex, Apple Bloom defected one with a hand block, Sweetie dodged another with a ninja flip, and Scootaloo spin-kicked the third away. Then they flinched, realizing what they did. Everyone gasped while Caitlyn had a satisfied smirk.

"Oh, look, I just proved it," she said, smugly.

"Man. She's good," Napoleon said.

Leo, Raph, Donnie, Applejack, Rarity, and Rainbow all shot angry glares at Mikey and Keno. The apple dropping out of the young turtle's mouth.

"We can explain!" Mikey said nervously, knowing they were in big trouble.

"Explain what? There’s nothing to explain!" Raph rebuked angrily. "You went behind our backs! That’s low, even for you!"

"Mikey, what possessed you to do that?!" Leo scolded. "We were given strict orders NOT to train them!"

Donnie chewed him out next, "How? How can you and Keno do this? How can you betray our trust like that?"

"But-But-" Mikey stammered.

"BUT NOTHING!" Raph yelled in his face.

"And you!" Applejack turned to the CMC. "What made you think we’d be okay with this? Going behind our backs?"

"Of all the Scoundeling, Sneaky, conniving tricks you three ever done, this is the WORST!" Rarity exclaimed. "This is worse than the Anon-A-Miss incident!"

Rainbow frowned, "Normally, I'd be impressed, but seriously? WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?"

"We just wanted to ninjas like you!" Apple Bloom whimpered.

"We told you three that this ninja stuff is too dangerous for you!" Applejack scolded her sister.

Sweetie Belle shot back, "Oh sure! It's dangerous for us, but not you!"

"Sweetie Belle! Watch your tone!" Rarity warned.

"I thought you wouldn't have a problem with this, Rainbow Dash!" Scootaloo said to Rainbow.

"That was before you caused the incident with my parents!" Rainbow retorted.

Blade interjected, "Well, in her defense, you never told her you didn't tell them. So that one's on you, Rainbow."

"Don't change the subject!"

"But in their defense, the girls haven’t mentioned it to anyone or showed off to anyone," Bright Eyes defended them.

"Is that why you went along with it?" Caitlyn asked, making the girl flinch.

"What?" Blade gasped.

"That’s right," Caitlyn nodded. "She was training alongside them!"

"Bright Eyes, is this true?" Blade asked sternly.

Bright Eyes lowered her head and confessed, "It’s true."

Blade was about to say something when Applejack chewed her out, "You knew that they were secretly being trained and went along with it?!"

"What on earth were you thinking keeping this to yourself!" Rarity exclaimed.

Blade held his hand between them, "I think you made your point."

Applejack smacked it away, "I haven’t even begun to prove my point!"

Rainbow however was showing remorse in her frown.

"What's you're problem with them learning Ninjitsu?" Gabby questioned. "Seems like the best way to protect themselves."

"The best way to protect themselves is to stay out of this here ninja business!" Applejack rebuked her.

"Cause pretty soon, they'll start thinking they can do anything and try to be vigilantes!" Rarity stated.

"We wouldn't do that!" The CMC retorted.

"Oh, yes, you would!" Applejack rebuffed. "We know you three!"

"Doesn't really sound like you do," Napoleon guessed.

"Stay out of this!" The three older girls snapped at him.

Napoleon frowned, "Idiots," he muttered.

Leo could see they were wasting time and spoke, "Look! We don’t have time to carry on with this! We gotta find that mutant before he does harm!"

Raph then pointed to Mikey and Keno, "And you two are coming with us so we can keep an eye on you so you don’t do something like this ever again!"

"Very well," Applejack relented, and said to the CMC, "We will discuss this later with Granny! Until then, you three will stay here until we're done catching that mutant!"

"That'll give us time to think of a punishment for you!" Rainbow added.

"And give us your weapons!" Rarity demanded. "You clearly don’t deserve them!"

While they were scolding them, CMC closed their eyes in anger before they all shouted defiantly, "NO!"

"Excuse me?!" Applejack asked angrily.

"You heard us!" Apple Bloom shot back.

"You're not taking our weapons!" Sweetie Belle refused.

"And we're not being left behind again!" Scootaloo declared.

"Huh?" Rainbow was confused.

"Again?" Applejack raised a brow.

"Whatever are you-" Rarity began, but before she could finish, the CMC all threw down some smoke bombs and disappeared.

"Girls!" Bright Eyes cried.

Mikey cheered, "They mastered the ninja vanish! I'm so proud!" And Raph conked him in the head.

"Wha? Wha? Argh!" Rainbow cried.

"What in tarnation was that about?" Applejack said.

"Those sneaky little! We gotta find them before they do something foolish!" Rarity stated.

"But what about that monkey mutant?" Napoleon asked.

"We’ll worry about that," Sunset assured him, then turned to Applejack, Rarity, and Rainbow, "You three can find your sisters."

Bright Eyes spoke up, "Uh, I'll help look for the CMC too."

"Yeah, you ARE helping, Bright Eyes!" Applejack stated firmly.

"Since you were in on this whole deceit!" Rarity added.

Bright Eyes looked upset, while Blade stepped forward, "I'll help you look for them as well."

"Thanks, Blade," Rainbow smiled.

"At least your honest with us," Applejack said, still frowning at Bright Eyes.

Leo ordered, "Alright team, let's go! Especially you two!" He said to Mikey and Keno.

The group headed out, with Mikey and Keno looking depressed. Napoleon laid a comforting hand on Mikey's shell. April, Karai, and Shinigami looked at each other in remorse before they followed. As Caitlyn watched them, she heard Buffy clear her throat and looked back to see her friend and Zach giving her disapproving looks.

"What?" She asked.

"I can't believe you ratted them out like that, Caitlyn?!" Zach chastised his sister. "Mikey and Keno are our friends! Friends don't snitch on each other!"

"Friends also don't lie to our faces or go behind everyone's backs!" Caitlyn countered.

"Like how your obsession with finding out about the Turtles almost got us kidnapped and me ransomed by the Purple Dragons?!" Buffy asked angrily.

"Maybe some secrets were better left a secret. Did you ever thought of that?" Zach challenged.

"Yes, but-"

Buffy cut Caitlyn off, "And what’s to stop you from blurting out more secrets, huh? Is that what being a journalist is about to you? Invading other peoples privacy and exposing their secrets without consideration? You’d be no better than the Color Strikes!"

Caitlyn retorted, "Look, like Leo said, we don't have time for this. We gotta get back that crystal for Napoleon."

"Ugh! Fine! Let's go," Buffy stormed off.

As they left, Bright Eyes glared at Caitlyn, before she turned to Blade, "Blade, I'm sorry I kept this from you."

"I can't say I'm happy with what you did," Blade replied. "But, I would like to know why you did?"

"Well, one of the reasons was cause I wanted to get better at my nunchuck skills," Bright Eyes admitted. "And another is because I understood what it was like when no one or no pony thinks you're up for the task."

"You mean Princess Twilight and her friends' distrust of you?" Blade inquired.

"Right," Bright Eyes frowned at the memory.

"I see," Blade nodded, remembering

"And I promised I wouldn’t tell," Bright Eyes continued.

"Mmhmm."

Rainbow shouted from upfront, "Get up here, you! We’re burning daylight!"

Blade yelled back, "I’m talking to her! Give me a second!" Then he calmly turned back to Bright Eyes, "We shall discuss this later." Bright Eyes turned to leave before he grabbed her shoulder and spoke, "In a calm and peaceful way." Bright Eyes nods before they hurry to the three.

"Took you long enough!" Applejack griped.

"I was having my word with her," Blade said sternly. "Now let’s go find them if we’re done scolding!"


Later, it was night and the Ninjas, Rainbooms, Napoleon, and Octavia were at the city park. They had come up with a plan to find and capture the mutant monkey, by setting a trap, using another Kraang crystal that Donnie had as bait. Soon, they all hid and waited, while also keeping a lookout. In the meantime, Raph was not letting Mikey and Keno hear the end of it.

"I expected this kind of thing from Mikey, but I can't believe you were in on too, Keno!" He snapped.

"Do you always gotta rub it in?" Keno asked rhetorically.

"We're sorry we went behind your backs, okay!" Mikey snapped back. "But the CMC had potential. I saw it!"

"You know, Mikey's not wrong with that part," Pinkie noted.

Raph scoffed, "You would agree with him."

"Well, the CMC did find Gummy when I lost him at the theater and saved him from the Cutie Claw machine. They got good teamwork!" Pinkie recalled.

"I think the CMC have potential too," Fluttershy admitted. "They were the first ones of the school to accept Sunset as a friend after the Battle of the Bands. They're good judges of character."

"That's not the point! We promised AJ and Rarity that we'd not give them any training whatsoever!" Raph argued, then yelled back at Mikey and Keno, "AND YOU TWO BROKE IT!"

"SHH!" Sunset hissed. "Keep it down back there!"

"And we Pinkie Promised!" Raph turned to Pinkie. "Why aren't you ripping them about it?"

"Yeah about that..." Pinkie flashed back to after their fight with Scumbug and Antrax, when Leo, Donnie, and Raph had acted out the Pinkie Promise before Mikey came in with pizza. "I would know when someone broke the Pinkie Promise and I didn't feel it with those two."

"OH FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!" Raph shouted in anguish, and everyone shushed him again.

"Keep it down, Raph!" Twilight said.

Raph grumbled but kept quiet. Octavia shook her head, "Oh my goodness!" She turned to Donnie, "Is your brother always this foul tempered?"

"A lot of times, yes," Donnie confirmed.

Leo hushed them, "Shh, I hear something."

In the shadows, tall figure leaped down from a tree and strolled up to the crystal. As it came into the light, they saw it was indeed a mutant monkey.

"Hola?" The monkey said, spying the crystal. "What have we here?"

"Is that the monkey, Napoleon?" Karai asked in a whisper

Napoleon glared at the monkey, "Yeah! That's him! The thieving jerk!"

Leo meanwhile suddenly looked curious after hearing the monkey speak.

Twilight noticed his look, "Leo?"

"I don't know why, but there's something familiar about that monkey?" Leo said.

"Hey, you're right, Leo," Donnie realized. "And he sounds familiar too?"

"He does?" Fluttershy asked.

"Yeah," Mikey popped up. "I'm getting that deja vu feeling!"

"Do you boys know that monkey?" Octavia inquired.

"Well he reminds me of someone?" Raph admitted. "Just can't put my finger on it."

The Monkey strolled up to crystal, "Another shiny crystal! It must be my birthday," he said, as he bent down and reached for the crystal. "I think I'll pick up it up and..." He whipped out his tail and swiped the crystal. Then he jumped back as a hidden net snapped up. The monkey let out a laugh mixed with monkey hoots. Then he called out, "Is that you again, frog man? If this was your best attempt at capturing me, then you are more stupid than I-Waaahh!" At that moment, the monkey suddenly got caught up in another hidden net, thanks to Zach, Caitlyn, and Buffy.

"Gotcha!" They shouted.

Napoleon jumped out of the bushes and pointed up at him. "That's why I got my friends, jerk!" The Turtles, Allies, and Rainbooms came out and surrounded the captured mutant.

"And that's also why that net was a decoy," Sunset added.

The monkey glared at them until saw the Turtles. Then he broke into a sly smirk, "What a surprise! It's my old amigos, the Turtles!"

"You... know us?" Donnie asked in confusion.

"But of course, I never forget a face," the monkey replied, then added bitterly, "Especially when those faces helped put me behind bars!"

"Well, you do seem familiar to us," Leo admitted, "But we can't say we remember you?"

"Well then, perhaps this will trigger some recollection..." the monkey began. "About a year back, you four snuck aboard a cruise ship on the hunt for your foe, Xever, and ran into this man who told you he was an upstanding businessman and a old friend of Xever's. But then you all found out that he lied to you and was really the most powerful gangster in Sao Paolo! Then he turned on you and fled. Only to be arrested after you told your red haired amiga over there to tip off the police!" He pointed at April.

The Turtles thought about that for a moment before it hit them and they all exclaimed in shock, "Vitor Sousa?!"

"Si, tortugas, it's me," Vitor smiled deviously.

"You know this guy?" Napoleon asked.

"Unfortunately, yes!" Leo confirmed. "This is Vitor Sousa, a gangster from Brazil and Xever's old partner in crime."

Donnie explained, "We met him when we tracked Fishface to a cruise ship, where he wanted to end Vitor."

"Turned out Vitor betrayed Xever by ratting him out to the police," Raph added.

"Sounds familiar?" Buffy said, while frowning at Caitlyn.

Mikey chimed in, "Fishface blamed Vitor for him ending up with the Foot Clan, meeting us, and getting mutated!"

"Well that would explain why Xever never spoke of a partner," Karai stated.

"Oh, and before all that, he lied to us saying he was an 'upstanding businessman' and Leo believed him like chump!" Raph noted, while smirking at his brother.

"Wow, Leo, I never pegged you for the gullible type?" Gabby grinned.

Leo frowned and explained further, "Anyway. During our fight with Fishface, we all accidentally caused the ship to start sinking and when we tried to help Vitor, he double crossed us and fled."

"Luckily, Leo sent a message to me and I sent an anonymous tip to the coast guard who then arrested Vitor," April finished.

"And I have been rotting behind bars ever since!" Vitor sneered.

"Well it serves you right for turning on those who were trying to help you!" Sunset countered.

"And stealing from us Frogs! Idiot!" Napoleon added.

"Are you kidding me?" Vitor growled at Napoleon. "It’s thanks to you, frog man, I’m now a mutant freak!"

"Because YOU stole from him and his tribe!" Octavia rebuked.

"And tried to steal from our friends the Mutanimals!" Pinkie added angrily.

"It’s called Karma!" Casey noted.

Caitlyn then spoke up in curiosity, "Hey, Mr Sousa, if you don't mind me asking, just how did you escape from prison?"

Vitor grinned, "I'm glad you asked, chica. You see, after my imprisonment, I had made many attempts to escape. And those attempts, I'm sorry to say, were unsuccessful. However, opportunity came when I overheard some of the guards talking about how the warden had decided to have me transferred to a maximum security prison in California, and I soon began making my plan. You do not get to be one of Sao Paolo's most powerful gangsters without learning how to be crafty! As we were passing through the swampland of Louisiana, I pretended to be in dire pain and those fools fell for it! I was able to surprise them and cause the van to crash in the marsh. After knocking the guards out, I finally escaped!" Vitor laughed.

"Hate it when they fall for that," Casey grumbled.

"Me too," Zach agreed.

Pinkie was eating a bag of popcorn, "Shh!"

Vitor continued, "But while I was free, I was also stranded in a swamp with no idea where I was going. So I wondered aimlessly until I came upon a hidden campsite populated by giant frog people! At first, I was about to run, when I noticed this valuable looking crystal. So I took it and fled back to New York, where I had a contact in the black market. Unfortunately this idiota frog man had to follow me and cause me to get mutated!

"Then you shouldn’t have stolen a crystal that wasn’t yours to begin with. Gosh!" Napoleon retorted.

"And good luck getting out of prison now!" Buffy told him.

"And what makes you think I’m going back soon?" Vitor asked rhetorically.

"In case you've forgotten, your stuck in a net!" Shinigami noted.

"Now give me back my crystal!" Napoleon demanded.

Vitor just made another devious grin, "And in case all of you have forgotten, I am crafty! And one of first lessons on being craft is... always have an escape plan!" He threw down a flash bomb.

Everyone cried in surprise and shielded their eyes. Then Vitor pulled a switchblade from his pocket and cut himself free of the net. Then holding onto to it, he grabbed Leo with his monkey feet and swung around in wide circle, using him to knock everyone away.

"Monkey see, monkey doo!" Still holding Leo, Vitor swung his legs up, tossing the turtle right into Zach, Caitlyn, and Buffy, knocking them all out of the tree and into a heap. "Monkey just made an chump of you! Again! Oh, and while I'm at it..." He grabbed Caitlyn quickly tied her up with the net.

"Hey! What are you doing?!" Caitlyn struggled.

"I need an insurance policy!" Vitor said. "Oh, and thank you for helping me distract them with your question."

"You're not welcome!" Caitlyn spat. Then Vitor took off, carrying her away. "Let me go!"

"Caitlyn!" Zach cried.

"NO!" Buffy shouted.

Raph got up growling, "I hate it when the bad guys pull a fast one!"

"Come on, team!" Leo ordered, and they all ran after him. Octavia hung back before she took off in another direction.


Meanwhile, Rainbow, Applejack, Rarity, Blade, and Bright Eyes were in town looking for the CMCs with Bright Eyes behind Blade as a precaution.

"They’re not at the video rental store either!" Applejack griped.

"We’ve been looking for them all day with little to no success!" Rarity exclaimed in worry. "They’re not at the mall, at school, at Angel Bunny’s Pizza, at the Sugarcube Corner. Nowhere!" She gasped as an unsettling thought came, "You don’t think they’ve run away, do you?"

"They better not have!" Applejack said seriously. "Or somebody’s gonna get a lesson taught starting with those double crossers Mikey and Keno!"

Blade eased her off, "Before you go off threatening them, we haven’t checked everywhere. They may be somewhere where we’d least expect to find them."

"Spose you're right," Applejack admitted. "But that doesn’t get em off the hook!"

"They really didn't do anything wrong," Bright Eyes spoke up.

"You're in trouble, Bright Eyes, so watch what you say!" Applejack snapped.

"Yeah!" Rainbow added.

"And the CMC did plenty wrong by disobeying us!" Rarity stated.

Blade on the other hand has a different opinion, "You know, I have to agree with Bright Eyes on that."

"What?!" The three gasped.

"While I wasn’t too keen about keeping their training a secret," Blade said. "But not as upsetting as how Caitlyn ratted them out, they didn’t do anything wrong. And like Gabby said, learning Ninjitsu is the best way to protect themselves."

"Okay, I'll admit you both have a point," Rarity admitted. "But being a ninja is a dangerous life! We just don't want our sisters to get hurt!"

"Or end up like Master Splinter!" Rainbow put in.

"And we ain't risking it!" Applejack stated. "We lost them when the Triceratons activated the black hole generator and we ain't losing them again!"

"Would that also be because they got captured by Scumbug and Antrax a long time ago?" Bright Eyes asked dryly.

"The two bug mutants I heard about?" Blade inquired.

Bright Eyes nodded, "Yep, Scootaloo mentioned to me that ever since they got captured by them in New York, these three were convinced that the ninja life is too dangerous for them."

Applejack sighed, "You're right on the nose there, Bright Eyes."

Rarity explained, "It was the day the three met the turtles. Of course, that was also when Michelangelo had the gall to give them ninja weapons!"

"Maybe he saw potential in them," Blade suggested.

"I was impressed I'll admit," Rainbow admitted.

"I'll never know what he saw, but I could never read Mikey at all. Anyway, It didn't help that they were captured by those two bugs and brought to Spider Bytez," Applejack said.

"And if it wasn't for April and Rockwell, who knows what Spider Bytez would've done to them!" Rarity shuttered from the memory.

"And yet Leo allowed them to help you fight the three as long as they were careful!" Bright Eyes pointed out.

"And then they started wanting to be trained, but it's for their safety that they don't!" Applejack stated.

"Sounds to me like you two got it backwards," Blade rebuffed. "If anything that just proves that they SHOULD learn Ninjitsu. You can't always be there to protect them!"

"They also said they wanted to learn so they could help you guys out when you need it," Bright Eyes added.

"Well... look, we're wasting time!" Applejack said. "We gotta find them before they get into trouble!"

Suddenly, they heard a loud smash, like the sound of glass breaking.

"What was that?" Rainbow asked, turning towards the sound.

"That sounded like it came from..." Rarity gasped in horror, as she realized, "The jewelry store!"

"Let's investigate," Blade ordered. "Maybe the CMC could be close by."

Soon the five made their way to the jewelry store. The big display window in the front of the store was shattered. The group peeked in a were surprised by what they saw. The store owner lay on the floor, tied up, gagged, and beaten up. While ransacking all the jewelry was Fishface! He smashed a display case of diamonds with a kick and began scooping them into a bag with lots of other jewels. The owner made muffled protests through his gag, saying the diamonds were priceless.

"I told you to be quiet!" Fishface growled at the owner, then grabbed him by his suit. "Be glad that my partner is not with me right now. Otherwise, he'd be robbing these jewels, while I would be doing this!" And he kicked him into the wall.

The group quickly ducked out of sight and hid in the alley next to the shop.

"Fishface?!" Rainbow whispered in shock.

"What in tarnation is that varmint doing here?" Applejack asked.

"That fiend!" Rarity gasped. "Absconding with all those priceless jewelry!"

"So that's Fishface," Blade said. "I remember Mikey telling me about him during our time in Seaquestria."

"I read he was a street thug named Xever," Bright Eyes noted. "And that he used to work for Shredder."

"Hey, he said something about his partner?" Rainbow realized.

"But I thought Bradford was.... you know?" Rarity said. "And I highly doubt he would have teamed up with Bebop and Rocksteady. I mean they're our friends now."

"When we stop him, we'll ask about his buddy!" Applejack stated, getting out her hand claws.

Rarity nodded, "Right! And teach him a thing or two about stealing jewelry!" She got out her weapons.

"But what about-" Bright Eyes started until Rainbow cut her off.

"Later! Let's get Fishface!"

"Stay here, Bright Eyes," Blade said, drawing his sword. "And keep out of sight." And they headed out while Bright Eyes hung back.

Back in the shop, Fishface was getting ready to split and turned to the store owner. "Thank you very much for your generous donation," He let out a mocking laugh.

"That donation is FAR from generous!"

Fishface whipped around and saw Applejack, Rarity, and Rainbow standing with their weapons drawn, "Rainboom Chicas? What does it take to get away from you?!"

"Whatever it is, you don’t have it, Fishface!" Rainbow smirked.

Fishface growled, "Do not call me that!"

"You’re on our turf, Xever!" Applejack said. "So surrender if you know what’s best for you!"

"And return those jewels where they belong!" Rarity ordered.

"You want them? Come and get them!" Fishface challenged.

Rainbow grinned, "With pleasure." And they fought.

Fishface dodged Applejack's strength attacks before kicking her away, "You've gotten soft from last time, Chicas!"

"I'll show you soft!" Rainbow ran toward Fishface before she was tripped by the mutant.

"Indeed you can," Fishface replied, before Rarity jumps in and tried to go for his breathing tube. "Oh No you don't!" And he knocked her away. "Now you're just getting desperate!"

Blade then rammed him off, "I'll show you desperate, lowlife!"

"Hmm. You're a new face," Fishface said. "And who are you, swordsman?"

Blade aimed his sword, "The name’s Blade Swipe!"

"This wasn’t your fight!" Fishface got out his sword. "You think teaming up with the Tortugas and Chicas makes you big? I will crush your mountain of pride!"

And the two clash swords.

"Wrong! Mountain Peak was my father, but thanks for the compliment!" Blade powered up his sword, electrocuting Fishface. "I use to be a criminal like you so all I can do is pity you. But your evil will be your own undoing!"

Fishface was about to attack again, when Rainbow speed-rammed him toward Applejack, who then punched him into Rarity's diamond shield.

"Still think we've gone soft, daring?" The fashionista asked, before she dropped the shield and kicked Fishface into an empty display.

Fishface got up with a sneer, "Much as I would love to continue this fight, I'm afraid I have elsewhere to be!" Then he ran, dodging the girls and Blade's attacks, snatched up the bag, and jumped out the broken window.

"Y'all get back here!" Applejack yelled.

"After him!" Blade said, and they chased after him, with Bright Eyes following.

Fishface ducked into the city park, the four close behind. Then Rainbow activated her speed and ran past the mutant fish and tripped him up, making him fall on the ground just as the others caught up to him. When Bright Eyes arrived, she quickly hid behind a tree and watched as Fishface stood up to find himself surrounded.

Fishface smirked and spoke," It appears you've caught me."

"Got that right!" Rainbow said smugly.

"Now hand over those jewels!" Rarity demanded.

"Wait! Something isn't right?" Blade cautioned.

"Yeah, this is too easy?" Applejack agreed.

Fishface grinned, "And you're right!" In a flash, he whipped out a spray can and sprayed them all with purple mist.

The four coughed as Rarity spoke, "Whatever is that stuff?! Why it smells absolutely... dreadful..." she said as she suddenly began to feel drowsy.

"What... In tarnation?" Applejack yawned.

"Oh... no..." Rainbow cried dully. "I think that stuff was..."

Blade finished, "Sleeping mist..."

"Yes, yes it is! Sweet dreams, fools!" Fishface said, as they slumped to the ground and fell asleep.

Bright Eyes saw everything and gasped, "Oh no! What'll I do?"

Suddenly, she felt someone cover her mouth from behind. She struggled when three familiar voices hissed, "It's us!" Bright Eyes looked back to see the CMC along with Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon.

"Am I glad to see you girls!" Bright Eyes whispered.

"Sorry about running away like that," Apple Bloom apologized.

"And getting you, Mikey, and Keno in trouble," Sweetie Belle added.

"Well, at least Blade knows we meant well," Bright Eyes said. "I'm just glad you three are alright."

"They came to me and Silver Spoon and told us everything," Diamond Tiara explained. "We let them hide at my private study back home just to make sure that nosy Caitlyn didn't expose them again and it be one of the last places they'd look to find them."

Silver Spoon nodded, "It was the least we could do since Mikey and Keno trained us as well."

"Plus, we also have a plan to help," Scootaloo stated. "And we need your help."

Bright Eyes nodded in determination, "Just tell me what you need me to do."

Then they heard Fishface cackling and Silver Spoon said, "And I think we better do it soon!"

"Vitor was right, it does pay to fight smart," Fishface then glanced down at the sleeping group. "As for you four..." He raised his sword. "I think I'll make your nap permanent!" Just then, an apple beaned him in the head. "Ow!" Growling, he turned around to find the CMC standing behind him with their weapons.

"Get away from our big sisters!" Apple Bloom ordered.

"Yeah!" Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo added in unison.

"Oh, these Rainboom chicas are your sisters?" Fishface asked in faux sweetness.

"Well actually, Rainbow Dash is my big sister figure, but yeah!" Scootaloo noted.

"Sorry, but you hermanas have caused me too much trouble!" Fishface turned back to the three Rainbooms. "And I will put an end to that!" But then, Bright Eyes, Diamond Tiara, and Silver Spoon blocked his way, while holding their weapons.

"You're not putting an end to anything, Fishface!" Diamond Tiara rebuked him.

"Not while we're around!" Silver Spoon added.

Fishface laughed. "Do you little ninas really think you can stop me?!"

"Yes, yes we do," Bright Eyes said, determined.

"And we will stop you!" Apple Bloom declared.

"Very well," Fishface got his sword ready. "I could the amusement!"

"As Sensei Leo always says, take him down!" Bright Eyes called, and the girls attacked Fishface, who fought back.

As the girls were fighting the mutant, Applejack, Rarity, and Rainbow were all having a dream, which was actually a memory.

A week after their trip to Camp Everfree, Applejack, Rarity, and Rainbow were sparring in the dojo when Master Splinter walked in.

"Girls, I wish to have a word with you," he said.

"Hai sensei," the three replied.

Soon they all sat across from each over as Applejack asked, "What's this about, Master Splinter?"

"I noticed that you and Rarity seemed troubled today," Splinter stated. "I wish to know why?"

"Well, it's about our little sisters, the CMC," Applejack looked reluctant before she finished, "They found out we're ninjas."

"I see," Splinter nodded. "And how did they find out."

Applejack began, "It all started when Rarity, myself, and Rainbow were at Sweet Apple Acres working on homework. My sister Applebloom was doing the same with Rarity's sister Sweetie Belle and their friend Scootaloo. Then when we went to the kitchen for a snack but when we came back, Applebloom and her friends were holding our ninja weapons that fell from our bags. She told me she went to my room to ask for a pencil and found them then asked where we got them. I couldn't lie, so I told her everything. And the rest of my family too. Granny wasn't too happy about it. She said 'family don't keep secrets from each other'."

"Hmmm," Splinter did not look happy and Applejack got nervous, as the Turtles had warned her and her friends that Splinter took the rules of the ninja VERY seriously, one being secrecy, and would punish them if they ever broke any of them.

"I'm sorry, Master Splinter!" Applejack bowed in remorse. "I know you expect us to obey the law of the ninja! And we didn't!

"Yes," Splinter said sternly, before he suddenly became calm. "But, you had no choice, so I will not condone you for it."

"Huh?" Applejack was confused.

"But, sensei, you always told us we should never break the law of the ninja," Rarity said.

"Yeah, you grounded the guys for breaking it during the Muckman incident," Rainbow recalled.

"That is true," Splinter nodded. "But they are your friends and family. If you trust them, then I do as well." He turned to Applejack. "And I agree with your grandmother. Family should not keep secrets from each other. Something Leonardo had to learn the hard way twice." He thought of Leo not telling them about his interactions with Karai and when he secretly helped her and Shinigami take down Shredder's empire.

"Yeah, well y'all are gonna looove this part," Applejack said with an eye roll. "Apple Bloom wants to learn how to be a ninja. But ain't no way is that ever gonna happen!"

"Same with Sweetie Belle," Rarity added.

"So they wish to be ninja?" Splinter asked. "But you did not train them?"

"No!" Applejack and Rarity said together.

"Well I would have been happy to teach at least Scootaloo a few moves," Rainbow confessed. "But, unfortunately, these two made me Pinkie Promise not to teach her ANY ninja stuff."

"It's for their own safety!" The two insisted.

"Girls. I understand that you don't want to put the safety of you're younger siblings at risk," Splinter began. "I was very much the same with my sons. However, I believe that you may be making an unwise decision."

"What?!"

"Of course that is just my opinion."

"Whatever do you mean?" Rarity inquired.

"You can’t always protect them and they will one day face things alone," Splinter explained. "And by forbidding them training, they will be defenseless and vulnerable to enemies who may use them to their advantage."

"All the more reason they should stay out of this ninja life!" Applejack kept insisting her sister not be trained.

"You know, there have been times when I made hasty decisions that led to great consequences," Splinter recalled. "The Muckman incident is one example. Despite my sons convincing Muckman they were the good guys who in turn kept the media from looking for us, they were still grounded for sneaking out. During which, I made them spend that training heavily on stealth to make sure that next time they would remain unseen as is the law of the ninja. I would always find them and forced them to try harder. But because they had to remain unseen, they failed to stop Shredder's forces from retrieving the ingredients for his mind worm. And you know the rest." Splinter lowered his head guilt. "So because I chose to enforce the law of the ninja then to abide by common sense, I lost my daughter to Shredder's will, and nearly lost my sons, twice! I learned a valuable lesson from those experiences: Choosing honor before reason is not a wise decision."

The girls remembered hearing about how the Turtles, April, and Casey were poisoned by the mind-controlled Karai and how Leo, Raph, Donnie, and Mikey were nearly chopped, baked, electrocuted, and double mutated in the Four Fold Trap. And how Splinter was forced to fight his own daughter.

Then a thought suddenly struck Rarity, "So is that why..."

"Yes. That is why I allowed them to reveal themselves to your classmates," Splinter confessed. "And whether you two like it or not, your sisters are involved now that they know. Just as I knew you would be when we met."

"Is that why you trained us?" Rainbow asked.

"Yes and no," Splinter replied. "I simply gave you girls the choice to be ninjas just as I did with April. You could have turned it down not believing you were up to the challenge."

"I suppose you're right," Rarity admitted.

"And we knew we had to help Princess Twilight with the Dazzlings and Shredder," Applejack added.

"I'll tell you what," Splinter said. "You are more than welcome to bring your family in our home and I won't train your sisters. For now."

"Well, Scootaloo's not my sister. Just my fan," Rainbow noted.

"She can come as well. Besides, I'd like to meet them..."

Author's Note:
  • Vitor Sousa is a character from TMNT The New Animated Adventures comic issue 5