• Published 25th Oct 2022
  • 3,420 Views, 141 Comments

Equestria Ninja Girls Magical Mayhem - Wildcard25



When Equestrian Magic becomes more Troublesome for the Rainbooms and the Turtles alone, Blade Swipe comes from Equestria to help along with a little stowaway

  • ...
4
 141
 3,420

The Danger Of Trauma

"This was one surprise I'm not happy for!" Pinkie Pie exclaimed.

After the school day was done, Princess Twilight and her friends were in the teachers lounge, discussing about the shocking news they had learned: Bright Eyes had ran away from the school and fled to the other world.

"This is simply unheard of!" Rarity said.

"I can't believe Bright Eyes would do this!" Fluttershy said, in sorrow.

"I never could've imagined she'd pull a stunt like this!" Applejack added.

"I don't understand!" Princess Twilight shook her head. "Why would Bright Eyes just leave?!"

"Well, why wouldn't she!" Starlight broke in, much to the girls' surprise.

"Whatever do you mean, darling?" Rarity asked.

"Ever since what happened with Cozy Glow, you've all been treating her, and the other students, with suspicion!" Starlight stated. "Especially you, Rainbow Dash! Bright Eyes told me how you yelled and accused her just for smiling!"

"Wait, you yelled at her for smiling!" Pinkie Pie glared at blue pegasus.

"Well… yeah, but…" Rainbow Dash stammered.

"Well if smiling's a crime, then you might as well LOCK ME IN WITH THE PURPLE NIGHMARES!”

“Calm down, Pinkie!” Twilight told her friend.

“And it pains me to say it, but I’m with Starlight on this” Spike walked up.

“Spike, why?" Rarity gasped.

“Well, it’s just that we had a couple students drop out because one of you put them in detention for one lousy mistake! You wanted to teach them friendship, but right now none of you are being friendly!”

"What do you mean?" Pinkie Pie asked.

"We are acting friendly," Fluttershy argued.

"Not really," Starlight rebuffed, then pointed at her and Applejack. "From what Ocellus told me, Bright Eyes said that your animals and you watched her like a hawk!" She moved to Rarity. "You wouldn't let her use any needles or scissors for her dress, even though she had to use them." She then pointed at Pinkie. "You searched her cake for any "meanie surprises"." And finally, she pointed to Princess Twilight. "And you double check her every time one of you turns a corner!"

The girls showed guilt on their faces, knowing it was true, as Twilight tried to reason with her protege, “Starlight, you’ve made a good point, but try to understand. We were-“

"Upset about being outsmarted by Cozy Glow and trapped in Tartarus!" Starlight finished, in annoyance. "You don't think me and Sunset were upset?! We were almost banished to the Aether! But we got over it! And so did Spike! But obviously none of you have!"

"I... I suppose you're right about that, Starlight," Princess Twilight admitted. "I just don't want to make the same mistake and fail Equestria again!"

"Yeah yeah, obviously!" Starlight rolled her eyes, expecting this. "But that's no reason to treat all the other students, and especially Bright Eyes, with suspicion and distrust! That's not how you set an example of Friendship!" And with that, Starlight turned away from the group and walked off.

Princess Twilight thought about what she had said, before she called out, "Is that the reason why you helped Bright Eyes stow away with Blade Swipe?"

Starlight stopped and answered, "Yes! And maybe it's also because I knew how she felt about not being trusted because of past mistakes!" And she trotted out of the room without another word.

“What does she mean? I don’t trust her because of past mistakes?”

“Really, Twilight?” Spike raised a brow. “Even after she reformed, you didn’t let her do things her way. Like when she became friends with Trixie or when she had her own friendship problem, you kept checking up on her like an overprotective parent!”

"Well, maybe?" Princess Twilight admitted. "But she flooded the castle and mind controlled the girls! And Celestia and Luna being the Friendship Problem was Big, Really Big, I had to make sure she didn't do anything too..."

Spike gave her a look.

"I see your point," she sighed. "But Starlight didn't just make mistakes, she made disasters!"

"Funny," Spike retorted. "If I remember right, you made plenty of disasters yourself! Like causing the Yaks to declare war, or when you made Ponyville obsessed with your Smartypants doll because you had no friendship problem to report! And when you tried to steal Queen Novo’s pearl because you didn’t think we could use friendship tactics to convince her otherwise, nearly costing us Equestria to the Storm King!"

Princess Twilight blushed, remembering those mistakes.

"Mikey said Bright Eyes was true blue, but you didn't listen him!" Spike frowned. "And Starlight and I warned you not to let failing Equestria get to you! But you didn't listen to us either!" Then he too walked out of the room.

"Spike! Spike, wait! I just don't want to mess up again!" Princess Twilight called out, but the little Dragon had already closed the doors.

"It is one thing to want to prevent a past mistake," came a voice. Princess Twilight and the girls look back in surprise to see Master Splinter standing there. "It is quite another to act on paranoia."

"Master Splinter?!" Princess Twilight gasped.

"Hey, you're that rat guy we met after we beat the Storm King," Rainbow noted.

"It is nice to see you as well, Rainbow Dash," Splinter greeted.

"How long have you been standing there?" Rarity questioned.

"When I passed on from life, I am anywhere," Splinter explained. "Watching over my students and family and only appear when something’s troubling them."

"Then I guess we know why you’re here," Fluttershy assumed.

Splinter nodded. "Indeed. To remind you all that this school should be about friendship and one of the first rules of friendship is trust."

"But we trusted a student and it nearly cost us our home!" Princess Twilight noted. "We can’t make that mistake again."

"You fear of repeating that mistake," Splinter surmised. "Fear is a very powerful and deadly thing! It can cloud your mind and make you act foolishly or worse! As both I and my sons learned the hard way..."

"What do you mean, sensei?" Princess Twilight asked.

Splinter inquired, "Do you remember when I explained to you and your friends counterparts about when I pushed my sons past their limits after they were nearly slain by the Shredder?"

"Uh, kind of?" Princess Twilight admitted, sheepishly. "It was a long time ago."

"Then allow me to show you and your friends..." Splinter said, mysteriously.

Then suddenly, everything around they seemed to blow away as if it were dust. Then the six ponies found themselves standing in the streets of New York. But it was dark and misty. Everything seemed ominous.

Fluttershy trembled and hid behind Rainbow Dash. "Where are we?!"

"What in the name of all things apples just happened?" Applejack demanded.

Princess Twilight gasped, "We're in, New York?"

"This is New York?" Rainbow asked.

"Hmm, it bares a likeness to Manehattan," Rarity stated.

Suddenly, four figures ran past them and hid behind a trash can. The ponies saw they were four turtles wearing multi colored masks around their eyes and ninja weapons strapped to their shells.

"Who are those guys?" Rainbow asked.

"They look familiar?" Pinkie added.

"It's them! The Turtles! Leo, Raph, Donnie, and Mikey," Princess Twilight said.

"That’s what they look like in their world?" Applejack asked.

"Wow," Fluttershy smiled.

Leo spoke, sounding different. "Shredder could be anywhere," he warned his brothers. "Stay frosty, guys."

"Huh?!" The girls were surprised after hearing Leo speak with a different voice.

"Did Leonardo sound different to you?" Rarity asked her friends.

"Must be what he sounded like before he was injured by the Shredder during the Kraang invasion," Pinkie noted.

Princess Twilight blinked, hearing Leo’s original voice. She blushed after hearing him sound so heroic.

Donnie spoke. "FYI: Frost can't accumulate unless it's below freezing, except during a process called-" as he rambled on, Raph and Mikey looked annoyed.

"Maybe he's got an off-switch somewhere?" Mikey suggested, and Raph hit Donnie in the back of the head, shutting him up.

Ow!"

"Found it!" Raph said, while Donnie looked annoyed.

Pinkie and Rainbow snickered at that.

"And I've found four pathetic turtles with only seconds to live!" Came a dark sinister voice.

Princess Twilight gasped, recognizing the voice. "Oh no!"

"Who was that?" Rainbow asked.

"Wouldn't wanna be them," Mikey said to his brothers.

"We are them!" Raph noted, as they drew their weapons.

The Turtles looked around, searching for the source of the voice. Mikey then backed up into something, or someone. Before he knew it, the figure grabbed his chucks and dragged him into the mist. Mikey screamed as he flew out and landed near Donnie.

"Mikey!" Both he and Pinkie exclaimed. Then he leaped at the figure, his bo-staff raised, but the figure blocked his attack with a sharp bladed gauntlet, breaking the staff, and quickly moved behind Donnie before kicking the smart turtle to the ground.

"Raph, take him down!" Leo ordered and the two went on the attack. But the figure dodged his sword swing and struck him twice in the chest then kicked him back.

During that, Raph ran along the walls and jumped down at the figure, aiming his sai. But the figure slammed its fist into his chest, making him drop his weapons. Then it viciously struck the turtle all over and with a hard hit, sent him flying past Leo, screaming.

Leo ran after his brother, but he already vanished into the mist. "No!" He cried, as everything turned red.

"Alright!" Rainbow looked ready to fight. "Where is he? I’m…. Gonna…." All the courage in her vanished as the figure emerged. The six ponies stood in fear as the figure turned out to be none other than the Shredder.

"It’s him!" Princess Twilight breathed in horror. "The Shredder!"

"That’s the Shredder?" Applejack asked in shock.

Fluttershy cowered behind her. "He's scary!"

Shredder approached Leo, his blades scrapping against the wall. "There is no place you can run! No place you can hide! Where I will not find you!" He raised his blade above the terrified turtle. "You think you are ready to face me?!" Then he brought his blade down as Leo screamed.

"NOOOOOO!!!" Princess Twilight screamed.

Then in a flash, they all found themselves standing next to a frightened Splinter as he woke up with a start.

"NO!" He shouted, panting. After a moment, he frowned, stood up, and began to walk away.

"That was so scary!" Fluttershy cowered her eyes in terror.

"I remember what you and Spike told us about the Shredder, but I never imagined he'd be so... terrifying!" Applejack shuddered.

"So ghastly!" Rarity added.

"Yes. He was!" Princess Twilight nodded, grimly. "But, what was all that?"

Splinter stopped and turned around. "What you all just witnessed was the fear inflicted upon me by the Shredder. I feared that nightmare would become a reality. And as I stated before, the fear clouded my mind and what I did next, is something I regret even in death."

"What did you do?" Princess Twilight asked.

Instead of answering, Splinter walked out of the room, the ponies following. The girls then found themselves walking out into the Turtles lair.

"What is this place?" Fluttershy asked.

"This is the Turtles' lair?" Princess Twilight said.

"Check it out." Rainbow gasped in amaze.

"Amazing." Fluttershy said in awe.

"Now this is a place to hold a party." Pinkie added.

"Look!" Princess Twilight pointed toward the entrance where the Turtles were about to walk out when...

"Where are you going?" Splinter demanded.

"Heading out for our evening patrol," Leo replied.

"There will be no patrol!" Splinter rebuked, sternly.

"Sensei?" Leo asked, in surprise.

"Last time you fought the Shredder, you barely escaped with your lives!" Splinter stated.

"But, sensei, next time we'll be ready," Raph said, confidently.

"Yes!" Splinter said, grabbing Raph by the arm and twisting it behind his back, much to the everyone's surprise. "Because you will stay down here until you ARE ready! No patrol! No games! No rest! There is only training!" And he pushed Raph into the others as they stared back in surprise. "Starting now!"

Then the scene blew away to reveal the dojo, where Mikey and Donnie stood facing Leo and Raph. But all of them looked very tired and were panting from exhaustion. They looked barely alive. Donnie and Mikey ran toward Leo and Raph, who threw them over their shoulders without much effort from either side. Splinter was quick to point this out.

"There is no intention in your strikes!" He barked "Do it again! We will practice all night if we have to!"

"We have been practicing all," Donnie noted. And as if proving his point, Mikey fell asleep.

"Wake him up!" Splinter ordered Raph.

"Gladly," Raph replied. He picked up Mikey and threw him on the ground.

Mikey shot awake with a scream. "Aaahh! Shredder's here!"

"Relax," Leo eased his brother. "You were just having a nightmare."

"Aren't we all," Raph muttered.

Donnie turned to Splinter. "Sensei, can we rest for a sec?"

"Rest? Hmm?" Splinter said. "The Shredder will not rest... until you are all dead!"

"Sensei, we've been training non-stop for weeks," Leo pointed out, while motioning to the other three. "They need a break."

"Oh, like you don't?" Raph challenged.

"That's right, Raph. I don't," Leo replied smugly.

"Well then I'll give you a break!" Raph began, when...

POW!

The girls gasped in shock as in one hard strike, Splinter knocked all four turtles to the ground. He towered over them, glaring down intensely. In that moment, Twilight no longer saw Splinter, but the Shredder himself.

"If I was the Shredder, none of you would be breathing right now," he stated, grimly. "Understand?!" Instead of answering, Mikey fell asleep again. "Perhaps a brief rest is in order. We will resume later." After he left, all the Turtles collapsed on the floor and instantly fell asleep.

"Whoa!" Rainbow spoke up. "And I thought Spitfire was hardcore!"

Fluttershy examined the Turtles. "They look awful!"

"Y'all can say that again," Applejack agreed. "They look just like I did when I tried to buck the whole orchard by myself."

Princess Twilight shook her head in disbelief. "I just can't believe Splinter would act so... so..."

"Like the Shredder?" Splinter finished, returning. "Fear of the Shredder clouded my mind and I acted rashly. And worse, not only did I drive my sons to exhaustion, but I also inflicted fear into their minds. And that affected them badly."

"How do you mean?" Rarity inquired.

"April arrived later with dire news that the Shredder was going to attack our lair!" Splinter explained. "But we did not know how. So my sons went to spy on the meeting, but were unable too."

"Why were they unable too?" Pinkie asked.

Then in another swoosh, the ponies were standing in another alleyway.

"Now where are we?" Applejack questioned.

Princess Twilight noticed a building across the street. "We’re right across from Shredder’s hideout!"

They then saw the turtles scouting from the alley and watched the Purple Dragons go in. "This is the place," Leo said, as they watched.

Raph turned to Donnie. "Donnie, your crowding me."

"Sorry," Donnie backed up into a trashcan, making a loud noise that spooked Mikey and made him bump into Raph.

"Sorry," Mikey smiled sheepishly. "All that Splinter talk about how we're not ready has me thinking... maybe we're in over our heads?"

Raph bonked him in the head. "You're always in over your head."

"I'm saying, now we all are!" Mikey noted. "And that scares me!"

Leo laid a hand on his brother's shoulder. "It's okay to be scared, Mikey. Raph's scared too."

"I am not scared!" Raph denied." However, when they went back to watching, Leo poked him in the head and he screamed in fright then he growled at Leo.

"Wow, never seen Raph so jumpy before?" Applejack noted.

Suddenly, they heard another growl and a big, bulky, dog mutant appeared in front of the Turtles. He was sand colored, with one arm bigger then the other. "You should be," he snarled.

"Bradford!"

"Rad Brad!"

"Egads!" Rarity gasped.

"Who’s that?" Fluttershy asked, in terror.

"They said Bradford!" Princess Twilight noted. "That must be his form before he became Rahzar! Dogpound!"

"Makes sense," Pinkie said.

Dogpound snarled, "Look what I found? Four soon to be ex-turtles!"

"I'm sure glad it's okay to be scared," Mikey whimpered.

"You and me both," Donnie agreed.

"This is no time to panic!" Leo said, drawing his swords. But a Dogpound towered over them, all his courage left him. "Okay, maybe a little."

As Dogpound got closer, Mikey said, "He keeps getting taller!"

"Then I'll cut him down to size!" Leo rushed forward and swung his swords. But Dogpound blocked his attack and nearly smashed him with his big fist. "Uh, let's stick together on this one?"

The four scattered as Dogpound tried to pound them, then Raph grappled with his sais against Dogpound's other hand. While they were busy, Donnie jabbed his staff into the mutant dog's chin. Annoyed, Dogpound tried to slam his fist on them, but they dodged and Leo swung his swords again, but Dogpound caught them and held the turtle off the ground. Leo tried to kick the big mutant but was held out of reach. Dogpound held him high, but Leo jumped away before he could grab him. Using his nunchucks on a cable, Mikey zip-lined at Dogpound, only for the mutant to wack him into Donnie.

"This is hopeless!" Donnie said in dismay.

"Keep your head in the game," Leo ordered, right before the three ran to avoid Dogpound's fist again.

"I just wanna keep my head on my body!"

"Come on, what are we retreating for?! Raph asked, and ran at Dogpound only to get knocked into a dumpster. "That's a good reason."

"C'mon!" Rainbow complained. "How could that guy be beating them?! And how could Raph wanna run away after one hit?!"

"They can’t fight," Princess Twilight noted. "They’re all afraid."

"Mikey, smoke!" Leo ordered his little brother.

Mikey pulled out a smoke bomb. But in his nervousness, he fumbled with it and dropped it on the ground, breaking it.

"What was that?!" Raph asked, in annoyance.

"I'm stressed!" Mikey shot back. "Excuse me if my aims a little off!"

As they avoided another slam from Dogpound, Raph took out another smoke bomb. "How hard is it to hit the ground?!" But in his own nervousness, he threw it on a graid. When he reached for it, it slid through and landed with a splash in the sewers.

"Not so easy, is it?" Mikey said, knowingly.

"Oh, will you just!" Leo threw down another smoke bomb and they escaped as the scene vanished.

"Oh, my!" Rarity gasped. "I can't believe they just fled like that?"

"It's like they all turned into Fluttershy!" Rainbow stated, before she caught herself. "Uh, no offense, Fluttershy."

"None taken, even I have to agree," Fluttershy replied.

Splinter appeared. "Fear clouded their minds, and they lost their will to fight," he explained, then he added in guilt, "And it was my fault."

"Well, I wouldn't say it was your fault per-say..." Rarity said, trying to be nice about it. "But seeing as you pushed them too hard, yes it was."

Splinter continued. "After that defeat, they were ready to give up and leave, but April would not allow it. And despite our objections, she insisted that she would spy on the meeting, and we had no choice but to rely on her. And while she was successful in discovering the Shredder's plan, through her inexperience, she was captured. And in the heat of the moment, one of my sons almost surrendered to his fears!"

"Oh no!" Fluttershy gasped.

"Who was it?" Princess Twilight asked, worriedly.

The ponies then found themselves standing on the streets at night. They saw Dogpound put April in a van and it drove away just as the Turtles arrived.

"No, we're too late!" Donnie cried.

Leo desperately tried to call April. "April! April, are you there?!"

"She's not gonna answer, Leo, what'll we do?" Donnie asked.

Then to the ponies' shock, Leo began to panic. "We gotta get April out of that van, but-but Dogpound's in there! And-and we aren't ready to fight that guy, agh, Splinter was right! We should've stayed below!"

"Leo..." Princess Twilight couldn't believe what she was seeing. The turtle who had always stayed cool under pressure was freaking out and succumbing to fear, doubt, stress, and panic. Just like she had always done. And still did. But then something unexpected happened.

Raph spoke. "I can’t believe I’m gonna say this... 'Get it together, Captain! You're our leader, act like one!'"

Leo stopped panicking and stood tall. "You're right, Raph, that was the anxiety ray talking."

"What, that's it?" Raph questioned. "You're not gonna slap yourself?"

Leo scoffed. "Let’s save April."

"And our home," Raph added.

"My word!" Rarity gasped.

"I’ve never seen Leo panic like that before," Applejack stated.

"Ever since we met him, he was more calm and mild," Rainbow added.

"He really acted just like you, Twilight," Pinkie said, but Princess Twilight didn't respond. "Twilight?"

Princess Twilight was silent as she was still shocked at Leo panicking. "No wonder he understands me whenever I freak out..."

Just then, the scene changed and they saw Raph and Donnie chasing the Purple Dragons van on two cart-like vehicles.

"What are those things they're driving?" Applejack asked.

"I don't know? But they look awesome!" Rainbow said.

"They look like those carts we helped our sisters build for the derby," Rarity noted.

"They're called the Patrol Buggies," Princess Twilight explained. "Donnie built them. I actually drove one of them once when me and Spike visited the first time." Then she added, sheepishly. "And I accidentally drove it into a lamp post..." Rainbow laughed at that.

As he drove alongside the van, Donnie called, "Hold your breath, April!" Then he threw a smoke bomb into the van, making Fong, who was driving, cough. While that was happening, Raph drove ahead and dropped some sharp jax-like things on the road and van ran over them popping it's tires.

Once the two ran up to the van, the back doors opened to reveal foot soldiers, armed and ready.

"Come on!" Raph said, as they drew their weapons. "Let's club these feet."

"I think they're called foots," Donnie noted.

"Just hit 'em."

The two fought off the soldiers and soon defeated them. When Fong saw that, he took a sword and was about to attack, when April kicked the passenger door in his face, knocking him out.

"Nice shot!" Donnie said.

"Nice wheels," April nodded to the Patrol Buggies.

"Oh, well, I built them, you know," Donnie stated, then his buggy fell apart. "Uh-they're not ready yet."

After that, the scene changed and the ponies found themselves near a tanker truck where Mikey and Leo were fighting Dogpound and one of the Foot soldiers. Leo was dodging the mutant's fists until he was thrown into Mikey. Then as Dogpound charged with his big fists raised, the two jumped away just avoiding being pounded. Leo fought Dogpound until the big mutant grabbed him and pinned him against the tanker, his sword poking a hole in it. Leo kicked Dogpound off him and pulled his weapon out, causing some green chemicals to spill.

Princess Twilight glanced at the truck and after reading the words, she gasped, "Chlorosulfonic acid?!"

"Chloro-what now?" Applejack asked in confusion.

"Donnie and my counterpart told me about it once," Princess Twilight explained. "It's a chemical that acts violently with water! That must have been Shredder's plan, to blow up the sewer. And Splinter!"

"How can that stuff possibly do that?" Rainbow questioned.

"What'd Donnie say about this stuff?" Leo said, in thought, then turned to his brother. "Mikey, throw the water balloon!"

"Uh, what water balloon?" Mikey asked, nervously.

"The one you were gonna hit me with," Leo noted, motioning to the balloon Mikey was hiding behind his back.

"Dude?! You are good!" Mikey said. He threw the balloon and Leo tackled him out of the way just the tanker exploded blowing Dogpound away.

"Sweet frosted cupcakes!" Pinkie gasped. "That stuff packs a real bang!"

"Nice shot, mi-oh!" Mikey splashed him in the face with another water balloon.

"Doctor Prank-enstein for the win!" He cheered.

"You had two?" Leo asked. "Where do you keep them?"

Pinkie laughed her head off at that.

"Classic Mikey," Rainbow smirked.

Then Raph and Donnie pulled up with April. "Eh, looks like we missed the fireworks," Raph said.

"Donnie, the go-kart worked great," Leo congratulated his brother. "Nice job."

"Thanks, Leo," Donnie said, before he added, "And it's a patrol buggy."

"They did it," Fluttershy said.

Splinter appeared behind them. "Yes they did. But there is one last scene to see."

Soon the ponies were back in the lair where the Turtles were celebrating with pizza.

"Nothing says victory like the sweet taste of pizza," Mikey said.

"Mmm, pizza!" Pinkie salivated.

As he ate his slice, Donnie had a funny look. "Ugh, this pizza smells kind of funky. Where'd you get it?"

"It's the one April threw out," Mikey replied. Instantly, his brothers spat out their slices, coughing and gagging in disgust. "What? We live in a sewer. Now you're clean freaks?" Then he picked up the slices. "More for me."

"Disgusting!" Rarity looked repulsed.

"That turtle ain't hooked up right," Applejack added.

Just then, Splinter walked up to them. "My sons, I owe you my gratitude. And an apology."

"An apology?" Leo asked in confusion.

"Fear clouded your minds," Splinter explained. "However, it it was not the Shredder who fueled that fear, but me..." he lowered his head in guilt. "You overcame that fear, and preformed admirably. No training today..." he turned to leave, and without turning around, he added, "Unless Michelangelo throws that balloon."

The ponies looked and saw Mikey was about to throw a water balloon at Splinter.

"Now you're gonna get it!" Raph said, and he, Leo, and Donnie, all tackled Mikey as the scene blew away.

"Wow! You’re good!" Pinkie said to Splinter. "Even I didn’t see that!"

"Well that was great and all, Mr. Splinter, but what did all that have to do with us and Bright Eyes?" Applejack questioned.

"Like the Shredder, Cozy Glow left her mark on all of you," Splinter explained. "And like me and my sons, you let paranoia and fear of failure cloud your minds, making you treat others with suspicion."

"With all due respect, sensei, but I'm not sure you understand how serious Cozy Glow's deception was," Princess Twilight stated. "We never saw it coming! If somepony so innocent can turn out to be so evil and cunning, then how can we ever trust any creature we don't know?"

"Twilight. When Saki betrayed me, I felt I could trust no one again," Splinter said. "But as time went on raising my sons, I learned that some can be trusted through the many friends they made, especially with April. But if you never trust anyone, like your student Bright Eyes, you only succeed in making yourself untrustworthy. And holding onto your fear and paranoia will make you seem no better than your enemies. Just as it was with me."

Rainbow said doubtfully, "Yeah, we just saw what you did to the guys, and we totally didn't do anything like that!"

"Maybe so, but I wouldn't be as sure of that," Splinter retorted.

Then once again, everything around them blew away to show multiple scenes. Each of the girls saw it scene was about them. Applejack saw that one scene showed her teaching the students about honesty.

"Now the best way to knowing if somebody is telling the truth is look through the smile!" Applejack saw herself explain, then glared at a student. "You can also tell if they’re hiding something through a cold sweat! Only then! Can you know if that pony can be trusted. Because if you’re not careful it could mean life or death! She continued to glare at the pony who was sweating bullets for seconds. "Class dismissed."

As the students left, Applejack gave the pony an 'I'm Watching You' gesture. And that pony was Bright Eyes. Applejack was surprised at seeing the way she acted.

Fluttershy saw a scene that showed the students at the Sweet Feather Sanctuary, where she was teaching them how to brush some bunnies.

"Now just stroke lightly, like so," she demonstrating on Angel Bunny, who was enjoying it. "And be sure to be gentle, so they're relaxed and calm." All the students followed suit. And one was Bright Eyes. "Okay, every creature, that's enough for today." After all the students left, she whispered to the bunny Bright Eyes has brushed. "Was she gentle with you?" The bunny nodded. Then she turned to the other bunnies. "And she wasn't putting on an act was she?" All the bunnies shook their heads no. "Oh, good. The last thing we need is another Cozy Glow." What she didn't know, was that Bright Eyes was near by and heard everything and she looked hurt. Fluttershy gasped upon seeing that.

Rarity saw her class as she taught them about making dresses.

"Then when you have the piece right where you want it, you just stick a pin right here. Now let’s see you all do that," Rarity saw herself say. The class pins their dresses together. But when Bright Eyes is about to stick hers, Rarity hurried to stop her. "Oh dear! I’ll need take those, Bright Eyes! They’re….. too sharp! That’s right."

"But how do I hold my dress together?" Bright Eyes inquired.

"Hmm let’s see. Ah!" Rarity levitates a couple clothes pins. "That should do it. Now let’s make another piece!" Then she noticed Bright Eyes levitating some scissors and took them away. "Actually, I think those are too sharp for you, Darling! Here. Use these!" And gave some paper scissors for her.

Bright Eyes frowned. "Thanks." Then part of her dress slipped off from a clothes pin and fell on the floor. Bright Eyes sighed.

Rarity put a hoof over her mouth in shock and shame on how she treated the young filly.

Then Pinkie saw her class where Bright Eyes and the students had helped the party mare bake a large cake.

Pinkie in the scene said, "Okay, every creature, just one last thing before we dig in." Then she took a magnifying glass from her mane. "I gotta check the cake for any meanie surprises since Bright Eyes helped out." Then she began searching all over the cake.

"What?! You'd think I'd actually put something harmful in the cake?!" Bright Eyes asked, incredulously.

"Of course not, silly," Pinkie replied. "But better to be safe than sorry. But don't worry, I didn't see anything, we're good. Dig in!"

As all the students took a piece, Bright Eyes looked down with tears in her eyes.

Pinkie gasped. "Past me, how could you?!"

Princess Twilight saw Bright Eyes was walking down a hallway when she saw herself peeking out of a corner. When Bright Eyes turned around, she quickly hid. Bright Eyes continued to trot when Princess Twilight peeked around again. This time, Bright Eyes was able to catch her.

"Something I can help you with, Headmare Twilight?" She asked, dryly.

"Just. Checking for ladybugs," Princess Twilight lied, chuckling nervously before leaving again.

Bright Eyes started to trot off again, but out of the corner of her eye, she could see that Princess Twilight is looking at her again.

Princess Twilight was shocked to see herself spy on her friend. Not only that, but seeing it reminded her of what Spike had said about her doing the same to Starlight.

Then finally, they all saw what Bright Eyes had shown Sunset... Rainbow accusing her.

"And what are you smiling about, Bright Eyes?" She demanded

"Cause I was enjoying the game..." Bright Eyes answered, simply.

"Or... you're smiling because your secretly plotting to get rid of me and my friends so you can talk over Equestria!" Rainbow accused.

"No! I wasn't smiling because of that!" Bright Eyes protested.

"WELL, YOU BETTER NOT!" Rainbow shouted in her face. "I've got my eye on you, Friendship Assistant."

The girls gasped at seeing Rainbow accuse Bright Eyes like that.

"Rainbow Dash!" Rarity scolded the pegasus.

"Well... I... uh..." Rainbow stuttered.

"Really?" Applejack frowned.

Rainbow groaned in defeat. "I....I just...couldn't...."

"We understand. But that was still uncalled for!" Fluttershy said, firmly.

"Look!" Pinkie pointed to another scene, where they saw Bright Eyes standing with Starlight before Twilight sent Blade to the other world.

"Okay, the spell will wear off once you reach the other world, but are you sure you wanna do this?" Starlight asked her.

Bright Eyes nodded. "Absolutely! I'm tired of Headmare Twilight and teachers' distrust of me! I need a break far away from them!"

"Well, if you're sure," Starlight said. "And for what it's worth, I know how you feel. Twilight didn't trust me after my mistakes. She couldn't even let me solve my first friendship problem without butting in." She peeked into the room and spoke, "I better activate the spell while you still have a chance." Her horn lit up and Bright Eyes vanished from sight. Now invisible. Then she snuck into the room and followed Blade through the portal.

"Bright Eyes, no!" Princess Twilight cried, but the scenes disappeared and she and her friends found themselves back in the school. "What have we done?!"

Splinter laid a hand on her shoulder. "As I said before, when an enemy leaves their mark of fear on you, it can change you for the worse."

"I haven't felt this bad since after trying to steal Queen Novo's pearl!" Princess Twilight exclaimed

"I know you feel great shame, Twilight, but it's not too late to do the right thing, my student," Splinter advised.

"But how can we do that?" She looked up to find Splinter was gone.

"Now that's what I call a ninja vanish," Pinkie stated.


Later they were walking down the hallway as Twilight was thinking about all they had seen, while the girls spoke about it.

"No wonder Bright Eyes left!" Fluttershy said.

"That look I gave her was the same nasty look I'd give to Flim and Flam," Applejack noted. "And seeing me giving her that same distrustful look... I didn't like what I saw."

"Me neither," Pinkie agreed. "After seeing me be mean to her, without realizing it!"

"That goes for me as well," Rarity put in. "To think that I actually prevented her from making a beautiful outfit! Oh, the thought!"

"Now I know how my counterpart felt when she ruined her Spring Break cruise," Rainbow said, recalling hearing about how her counterpart let her paranoia get the best of her and ruined the cruise Princess Twilight's counterpart had put together.

"And it's not just Bright Eyes we were unfair to," Applejack noted.

"What do you mean?" Pinkie asked.

"Remember what Starlight and Spike said? A couple students dropped out because we probably treated them like we did to Bright Eyes," Applejack explained.

"Oh yeah," Fluttershy remembered.

"Darn." Rainbow said.

Twilight looked down in guilt when the girls heard a voice in the library.

"Yona miss Bright Eyes!"

The six mares turned their heads towards the library and peeked through the crack in the door. Sandbar, Gallus, Silvertream, Ocellus, Yona, and Smolder were sitting around looking sad.

"We all miss her, Yona," Sandbar comforted the yak.

"I can't believe Bright Eyes would leave like this!" Silverstream exclaimed.

"I can," Gallus said, dryly. "Especially after Rainbow Dash yelled and accused her!"

"She told me she was thinking about taking a break," Ocellus recalled. "But I didn't think she'd really do it!"

Smolder huffed out smoke. "It's all Cozy Glow's fault! If she and the Dark Turtles hadn't trapped the Twilight and the others in Tartarus, they'd still trust us!"

"Well, we can't really blame them," Sandbar pointed out. "This was the first time they actually failed to save Equestria and all the magic. That's never happened to them before."

"And they probably still feel guilty for not listening to Mikey about not trusting Cozy Glow," Ocellus added.

"Oh, no!" Silverstream covered her beak. "I just thought of something! What if Bright Eyes doesn't come back?!"

Outside, the Mane Six silently gasped at the mention of that! While the Young Six looked just as shocked by what Silverstream had said. And they all began to worry. After that, Twilight hurried away, the girls following. Because of that, they didn't hear Sandbar speak up.

"I know we all miss Bright Eyes, but let's not assume the worst. I'm sure she'll come back with Blade Swipe."

"And if she doesn't?" Gallus asked rhetorically.

"Sensei Leo says that sometimes you just gotta have faith that things will turn out alright in the end," Sandbar recalled a lesson from the Turtle Leader. "It's why he never gave up hope that they'd get Karai back after she was brainwashed by the Shredder."

"You know, Sandbar's right, guys," Ocellus agreed. "And the Ninjas never gave up hope that they'd be able to take their city back when the Kraang took over. Or when they stopped the Triceratons from destroying the Earth again."

"And I suppose without faith and hope, they couldn't have stopped Kavaxas." Smolder admitted.

"Or when they got stuck in Gotham." Gallus said.

"Or when they helped Twilight and the others save us from the Storm King." Silverstream noted.

"Or help us stop Cozy Glow and Dark Turtles!" Yona put in.

"Right, so if the Ninjas never lost faith in their friends or gave up hope, then we can't give up on Bright Eyes," Sandbar said. "She's our friend, and friends are loyal to each other."

The Young six looked at each other and all nodded in agreement to Sandbar’s statement.


In Twilight's castle, the girls sat around the map table feeling very guilty. Especially Twilight herself. "This is all our fault!" She exclaimed. "If we hadn't let our failure get to us, we never would have driven Bright Eyes away!"

"Or the other students," Fluttershy added.

"What good were those friendship lessons if we never learned anything?" Rarity inquired.

"What are we gonna do?" Rainbow asked.

"Can't really teach others friendship if we keep driving them away," Applejack stated.

Princess Twilight thought for a moment, before she said, "You're right, Applejack. We can't teach friendship."

"What do you mean?" Pinkie asked, surprised.

"Probably the hardest thing we've ever had to do..."

What none of the girls knew, was that Spike and Starlight had overheard everything from the door to the halls. They looked at each other in shock before they frowned in determination and nodded.


The next morning, all the students, including the ones that had dropped out, even Celestia and Luna were there, as the Mane Six stood before them. Many of the students had frowns on their faces, and the girls understood why. Then Princess Twilight spoke.

"Every creature. We owe you all a big apology. I understand that none of us have been fair to a lot of you, especially the newcomers. I also know some of you left because of that. The truth is, we all were, and still are, very upset about how Cozy Glow tricked us into going to Tartarus and nearly conquering Equestria. We failed to save Equestria, and we let that failure get to us, and made us treat all of you with distrust and suspicion. And regrettably, our actions drove away one student we, and I, cared for very much. So because of all that, we've decided... to step down as your teachers."

All the students were taken aback by this. As were the Princesses.

"We don't deserve this. For we have failed Friendship," Princess Twilight finished sadly. Then she lowered her head down in remorse as she and the girls prepared to leave when suddenly...

"Hold on!" Called a voice. Every creature turned and saw Starlight step forward. "We have something to say about that."

"We?" Princess Twilight asked in confusion.

Suddenly, they heard melodious humming. Then one by one, Smolder, Gallus, Sandbar, Yona, and Ocellus stepped out from the crowd, behind pillars, and out of doorways. Not only them, but Trixie, Moondancer, and Sunburst appeared via one of the magician's smoke bombs. Then Stygian and Zecora came out from behind a statue bust as it transformed into Thorax. Then Starlight nodded over to Spike, who held up a record player, as the unicorn cast a spell that showed a magical void with floating scenes of Twilight and the girls heroic and friendliest moments. Then she and all the others began to sing.

(Truth, Justice and Songs in Our Key)

After the song ended, Starlight's spell wore off and the void vanished.

"Twilight, I understand that you feel responsible for what Cozy Glow did," Starlight said. "But that was more her, not you! You and the others have done more good for Equestria! Like without you, I’d still be stealing every ponies cutie marks. Or ruined Equestria by going back in time. And I’d never reunite with Sunburst."

"You were able to find the Elements of Harmony to restore Nightmare Moon back to Princess Luna," Sunburst stated. "And were able to stop Discord as well as changed him for the better. And thanks to him, you were able to stop Tirek!"

Trixie reluctantly admitted, "Trixie supposes that hadn’t you not tricked me into giving up that pendant, I would’ve have ruled Ponyville with an iron hoof and not have made friends ever."

"And you found the real Princess Cadence and stopped Chrysalis from ruling and thanks to Spike, you gave me a chance and because of that, the Changelings changed for the better," Thorax added.

"You taught young Apple Bloom that I was not doom and gloom, and taught the ponies, including yourself, to take a look and not judge me by my look," Zecora put in. "And because you studied and completed the spell, you earned your Princess title so very well."

"You came back when I gave up on friendship and helped me overcome my anger and still wanted to be my friend," Moondancer said. "Because of that, I’m more open with our old classmates."

"And if it wasn’t for you reaching out to me, I’d still be the Pony of Shadows and would never have reunited with Starswirl and the Pillars," Stygian finished.

Smolder called out. "You really think you could just leave after one mistake? Sure you let your failure get to you because it almost cost us Equestria. But we know what we did? We saved the world!"

Sandbar spoke next. "But it wouldn’t have been possible if you all didn’t teach us the meaning of Friendship!"

"No creature, Pony, Yak, Changeling, Hippogriff, Griffin, or even Dragons are perfect," Ocellus added. "But that never stopped us from learning from our mistakes."

"Yeah," Silverstream joined in. "And every experience makes us stronger and closer."

"So school stays!" Yona said.

"And you are the only ponies capable of running it," Gallus put in.

After hearing the Young Six speak up for the Girls, some of the other students joined in.

"I won’t learn from any pony but Twilight Sparkle!" One of the dropouts declared.

"That goes for me too!" Said another.

"Pinkie Pie showed me how to laugh!" A unicorn stallion said.

"And Applejack taught me the value of honestly!" A pegasus mare added.

"Rarity inspired me to become a fashion designer myself!" A earth pony mare said.

"Rainbow Dash showed me how to be loyal to your friends!" A filly said.

"And Fluttershy taught me how to be kind and reawakened my love for animals!" A unicorn mare stated.

Soon, all students started voicing on how the Mane Six's teachings had helped them for the better. Princess Twilight and the girls just stared out in amazement. The students they had lately been treating with suspicion and distrust were all asking them to stay and continue teaching them.

"So you see, we all need the School Of Friendship, and the School Of Friendship needs the six of you!" Sandbar finished, and all the students announced their agreements.

Princess Twilight looked to Princess Celestia, who smiled and nodded. Then she looked at Starlight and Spike. The unicorn smiled and Spike gave a thumbs up.

"Thank you all," Princess Twilight said. "We will stay and continue to teach the Magic of Friendship. But from now on, every creature will be treated equally and with trust." Students cheered after hearing that.


After the students had left, Princess Celestia and Luna walked up to them. “Congratulations on learning the error of your ways and regaining your students trust," The princess said proudly.

“Thank you," Twilight smiled, but that smile was soon replaced by a regretful frown. "But there’s one student we really need to apologize to..." the rest of the girls lowered their heads in remorse.

Celestia hugged her old student with her wing. “Bright Eyes will return. She is in good hooves with the ninjas. And I’m sure she’ll learn a thing or two from them and Blade Swipe.”

"Do you really think so?" Princess Twilight asked.

"Indeed," Luna agreed. "And I am sure she probably misses you and her friends. From personal experience, I know what that's like."

Celestia continued. “Bright Eyes has made great friends in your school. Plus, she will get homesick. But I believe she will be a big help to your friends in the other world.”

Princess Twilight smiled. "I hope your right. And if Bright Eyes does come back, we'll make sure she gets the apology she deserves." Then she glanced back at her friends. "And speaking of which, there's another pony I know who deserves an apology."

"Who's that?" Starlight asked.

"You, Starlight."

"Me?"

"Yes," Princess Twilight nodded, and placed a hoof on her shoulder. "For being overprotective and distrustful of you in the past. I've made a lot disastrous mistakes myself. And one of them, was not trusting you because of yours. So for that, I'm very sorry, Starlight. Can you ever forgive me?'

"Come on, Twilight," Starlight waved it off. "Of course I can." And the two embraced. "And don't worry. Bright Eyes will come back."

Both Twilight and the rest of her friends all hoped it was true.