• Published 25th Oct 2022
  • 3,410 Views, 141 Comments

Equestria Ninja Girls Magical Mayhem - Wildcard25



When Equestrian Magic becomes more Troublesome for the Rainbooms and the Turtles alone, Blade Swipe comes from Equestria to help along with a little stowaway

  • ...
4
 141
 3,410

Magic Problems

"Thank you for looking after my garden while I'm away on vacation, Twilight," Principle CeIestia said, "I really appreciate it." She handed Twilight the keys to the greenhouse as she took her leave.

"I'm so excited, Spike!" Twilight Sparkle grinned, "I even brought my own watering can!" But what neither her nor Spike knew was that, earlier, a wisp of green Equestrian Magic had floated into it, "This is the perfect chance to expand my knowledge of botany!" She opened the greenhouse and went inside, with Spike scampering behind her.

"Let's get to it!" He said.

Twilight Sparkle placed the watering can on a table, then took a broom and started sweeping. All the while, she began to sing...

[Twilight Sparkle]

Give a little and you

Get a little and you

Care a little and it starts to show

Growing things is easy

If you just give it room to grow

She took the watering can and started watering the flowers. Then a green glow caught her attention and she noticed some small flowers rising up from their pots, "Oh!" She laughed. "Well, hi there, little guys! How you doing?"

The flowers answered by singing along.

[Singing Plants]

Give a little 'cause ya

Care a little and ya

Try a little and it starts to show

Growing quick is easy when you just

Get some room to grow

Twilight swayed her head to the rhythm then she sprinkled more water on them, then danced around, watering more of the plants, unaware of the green glow they were giving off. Or that they were growing bigger.

[Twilight Sparkle]

Starting small but growing taller

All ya need's a little love

A little care

A little for you, a little for you

And maybe just a little more over there

As she watered more of the plants, the more kept growing bigger.

[Singing Plants]

Give a little 'cause ya

Care a little and ya

Tip a little and ya make it more

Growing big is easy when you just

Get a little bit more!

As Twilight was watering a flower, she finally noticed the plants growing bigger, "Ooh. You, too?" She asked, "And you? Well, okay. More?" A large plant took the can from her.

[Plant Soloist 1]

Gettin' a little isn't quite enough to satisfy

Before it could pour water on it's self, the can was snatched by another flower.

[Plant Soloist 2]

I'd like a little more, please

Can you help me? I'm a-dyin'!

Twilight took the can from it and backed away, when a cactus reached for it.

[Cactus]

Please, I'll be your best friend

You can tell me all your woes

Twilight moved away from it, when a tree grabbed the can from her.

[Tree]

Shove over just a little bit

I need some room to grow!

Twilight grabbed it back and stumbled into a table with more flowers. Who grabbed it and poured water on themselves.

[Plant Soloist 3]

Come on, Twilight, help me out, I'm thirsty, I need love

[Plant Soloist 4]

Over here, I need some

[Plant Soloist 3]

Hey, bud, you don't gotta shove!

Twilight pulled out her phone and quickly sent an emergency text to Applejack before she took the can from them. But the rest of the plants wanted more!

[Singing Plants]

Help us, Twilight, we need more

That's the water we adore

Just a little extra taste

Don't let a droplet go to waste

Soon, Applejack came in and saw the commotion, "Whoa!" She said, in surprise, "What the hay is goin' on here?!"

"I don't know what happened!" Twilight Sparkle answered, as she tried to keep the can away from the grabbing plants, "I was just watering them, and—! And—!"

Applejack looked at the can and notice the green glow coming from it, "It's that waterin' can, that's what!" She said, pointing, "It's got magic all over it!"

"What do we do?!" Twilight asked, frantically.

"Twilight!" Spike hollered, as one of the plants held him up by his leg, upside down.

Applejack looked around and spotted the red handle to the sprinkler system, "Quick! Try this!" She pulled the lever and the sprinklers went off, drenching the two girls, by also washing the magic off the plants, turning them back to normal.

Spike was dropped from the plant and Applejack quickly caught him.

"Phew!" The three all sighed in relief.

Just then, Principle Celestia poked her head in. "Oh, and Twilight?" She said, "Just be careful not to over-water the plants. Have fun!" She waved and left.

Twilight Sparkle and Applejack look at each other. This wasn't the first time something like this happened.


A week later, the Rainbooms and Fugitoid met up at Sugarcube Corner. They sat around the green sofa as Twilight and Applejack explained what had happened.

"That's the third magic mess this week!" Applejack said.

"I can't believe I was too caught up in my song to realize what was happening!" Twilight Sparkle said, in embarrassment.

"Tell me about it." Spike grumbled.

"Ever since we got back from Equestria, the magic problems have been popping up more than usual now." Sunset Shimmer stated.

"Indeed," Fugitoid agreed, "And what I still find astounding is that magic was fading from here as well!"

"From what you told us, it explains why our geodes suddenly stopped working," Rarity said, before she whined, "Oh, you have no idea what I had to go through with my magic!"

Sunset Shimmer rolled her eyes, recalling how her pony counterpart acted, "I can probably imagine." she said.

"I still can't believe that adorable little filly Cozy Glow would turn out to be so evil?!" Fluttershy said.

"Or that she got those evil clones of the Turtles to help her!" Rainbow Dash added.

"Neither could we," Sunset frowned, still upset at being tricked by the filly, "I still feel so stupid for letting her dupe and trap us all!

"As am I," Fugitoid said, equally upset about being shut down by Dark Donnie, "And so are the Turtles and your counterparts!"

Sunset's angered expression turned to a look of regret, "And what's worst, Mikey was on to her from start and we just ignored him! I even yelled at him to drop it. And called him a goofbag!" She buried her face with her hands. She still felt bad for yelling at Mikey, when he tried to warn them not to trust Cozy Glow.

"I... know what that's like." Twilight Sparkle said, remembering how Sunset had snapped at her during the Friendship Games.

"Didn't you learn anything from that incident with Pizza Face?!" Fluttershy asked, sternly.

"I guess none of us did," Sunset stated, sadly, "And look where that got us. Mikey even called me Meanset Shimmer!" Even though Mikey forgave her, that name still hurt.

"Man!" Rainbow Dash exclaimed, "And I thought the Battle of the Bands was tough enough!"

"It’s like being trapped in that mirror, imprisoned by the Triceratons, and the memory stone incident all wrapped in a cherry changa!" Pinkie Pie stated, "And it wasn’t DELICIOUS!"

Applejack frowned. "Pinkie, don’t ever mention the memory stone incident!" She said before looking guilty, "I still feel bad for how we treated Sunset."

"Yeah," Rainbow Dash agreed, "Bebop was right. We should have been more forgiving to her."

"It's ok, girls, none of you were in your right minds," Sunset assured them all, "And it's like you said before the Battle of the Bands, Applejack: the whole experience brought us closer than ever before!"

"Better Than Ever!" Pinkie sang, and everyone stared at her, "What? She called it!"

"Back to the matter at hand," Twilight Sparkle said, getting everyone back on track, "Magic is running loose more than it use to be and we have to stop it before it gets out of control. Not to mention, we're at the high risk of some one becoming corrupted by it!"

The Rainbooms all fell silent. Remembering all the people that had become corrupted by Equestrian Magic and turned into power-crazed beings of destruction. People like Wallflower Blush, Juniper Montage, Gloriosa Daisy, and even Twilight and Sunset themselves.

"Can't argue with that," Sunset Shimmer agreed, "But I don't think we can handle it alone, this time. We're gonna need some help."

Rarity had a suggestion, "The Turtles and the rest of our friends from New York are coming for a visit. Perhaps they can lend a hand?"

"That's a start," Sunset Shimmer replied, drumming her fingers in thought, "But I was thinking more about someone from Equestria."

"Maybe my counterpart can help with this magic problem?" Twilight Sparkle suggested.

"I can ask her, but I don’t think she can," Sunset Shimmer said, in doubt, "She’s afraid of leaving her school unattended after the stunts Cozy Glow and Neighsay did when they went to Tartarus." Nevertheless, she pulled out her journal and began writing a message to Princess Twilight.

Pinkie Pie gasped! "That reminds me! I'm almost late to be early for my shift at the diner!" She raced off, leaving everyone in confusion.

A little put off, Sunset continued to write to Princess Twilight. Hoping she would be able to help.


At the School of Friendship, Ocellus was walking down the hallway to her dorm, when she spotted Princess Twilight's new Friendship Assistance, Bright Eyes. The light blue unicorn had a rather distraught look on her face as she entered her room. Concerned, Ocellus flew over and knocked at the door.

"Come in..." she heard Bright Eyes moan from inside.

Ocellus opened the door to find her friend plopped, face down, on her bed. "Are you okay, Bright Eyes?" She asked.

"Not really..." Bright Eyes mumbled.

"Is something bothering you?" Ocellus inquired, "If there is, you can tell me. We're friends."

Bright Eyes turned over, misery in her green eyes, "Rainbow Dash snapped at me while I was smiling in class!" She said.

"Really?!" Ocellus was surprised.

"Really!" Bright Eyes confirmed, "And it's not just her! Applejack gave me a "I've got my eye on you" hoof gesture. Rarity wouldn't let me use ANY of the scissors or needles to make my dress, even though it was required, Fluttershy's animals watched me like a hawk, Pinkie Pie searched my cake for any meanie surprises, and Headmare Twilight double checks me when she turns the corner!"

"I suppose they're still sore after Cozy Glow almost got rid of all the magic and trapped them in Tartarus." Ocellus guessed.

"Yeah, and I'm not the only one," Bright Eyes said, "They've been treating just about every student with suspicion!"

Ocellus had to agree, "You're definitely right about that!" She said, remembering that some students had dropped out for getting detention for one mistake.

"I know, right?!" Bright Eyes groaned, and used her magic to pull her pillow over her face, "I think I need a break away from the school all together!"

"Hmm. Well, maybe you should talk to Councillor Starlight?" Ocellus suggested, "At least she hasn't been so weary to any of the students."

"Okay," Bright Eyes got up and left for Starlight's office. As she was walking down the halls, she pulled out the nunchucks Mikey had given her, before he and his family had returned to their world, "Times like this I miss sensei Mikey." she said, to herself.

As Bright Eyes passed by Princess Twilight's office, she overheard the Princess of Friendship reading something. Curious, she peeked in through a crack in the door and saw that Princess Twilight was reading the message she had just received from Sunset Shimmer.

"'And we really need the help. At least until things have settled down here. Sunset Shimmer.'" She read. No soon after that, she sighed and placed the journal down, "Oh, I want to help them," she said to Spike, "But there's no way I'm leaving the school again after what happened with Cozy Glow!"

"Twilight, I know you're still upset after we got trapped in Tartarus," Spike eased her, "We all are. Rainbow Dash doesn't trust any new student now, not even Bright Eyes."

"It's not just that, Spike. We failed to save Equestria!" Princess Twilight exclaimed, "As the Elements of Harmony, it was our duty to protect Equestria and we failed! All because we were dumb enough to let Cozy Glow fool us! If we had just listened to Mikey, we wouldn't have failed to save the Magic!"

"Can't deny that," Spike said, remembering that they had unwittingly trapped themselves in Tartarus, looking for answers from the centaur Tirek, only to find out that it had all been a set up. And by the time they had gotten out, it was too late, "But, thankfully, Leo, Raph, and Donnie believed him in time, and the students were able to restore the magic. And they did it because of what you taught them about friendship. And like Silverstream said, you can't let one bad apple make you think you failed. And you definitely can't let one failed mission ruin your confidence. Everypony makes mistakes. You of all ponies should know that."

"I suppose you're right, Spike," Princess Twilight said, remembering all the mistakes she made that had potentially doomed Equestria, "But I'm still not taking chances. Cozy Glow was a harsh reminder of that," She began pacing around, thinking if there was somepony else that could be of help, "There must be somepony we know who could help them?"

"Maybe not some pony. But some mutant..." Spike hinted.

Princess Twilight knew exactly who he was talking about, "I don't know," she said, uncertain.,"Do you think he might? Remember what happened the last time he went through a portal?"

"We gotta at least ask him." Spike said.

Princess Twilight nodded, "Take a letter, Spike."

From outside the office, Bright Eyes thought about everything she just heard and quickly trotted away to see Starlight.

Starlight Glimmer was dusting off some books on her shelf and singing a familiar song that she and Trixie once sang, on a road trip that didn't turn out so well, "We're Friendship Booound!" She sang. Until...

"Councillor Starlight?"

Starlight jumped, with a yelp. "Aahhh! Trixie and I didn't sing-I mean- Bright Eyes!" She teleported to her desk, "Anything I can help you with?"

"Well, actually, yes," Bright Eyes replied, taking a seat on the sofa, "I heard Headmare Twilight talking about the world where Sunset Shimmer and the Turtles lives and I got curious about it. So I came to you because, other than Headmare Twilight, you've been the only one who's seen that world. So I just want to know, what's it like there?"

"Um, that's a, good question," Starlight said, unsure of how to respond, "Well... basically, it's like Equestria. And at the same time... it's not," Bright Eyes just stared flatly at her, "That didn't really explain much, did it?"

"Uh... no." Bright Eyes said.

Starlight Glimmer sighed, "Well, really the only way to know what that world's like is to see it for yourself.

"Too bad I can't." Bright Eyes plopped her face down on one of the pillows.

Starlight Glimmer began to suspect that something was wrong, "Bright Eyes, is everything okay?" She asked, "Cause something tells me that you came her for more than just that."

Bright Eyes sat up, "Well, it might be the fact that Headmare Twilight and all the professors treat all the students and especially me with fear, distrust, and suspicion because they think one of us is going to pull a Cozy Glow!"

"Oh no!" Starlight put a hoof to her forehead, "Spike and I warned them not to let it get to them! Is it that bad?"

"Rainbow Dash yelled at me, just for smiling!" Bright Eyes stated, in annoyance.

Starlight winced. "Uh, forget I asked."

"I've been considering taking a break from the school," Bright Eyes went on, "I thought, maybe, I could visit the other world and see what it was like there. But who am I kidding! No way that's gonna happen," She got up and turned to leave, "Thanks for hearing me out."

Starlight thought about it and an idea came to her, "Wait!" She called out, before Bright Eyes could walk out the door, "I agree that you do need a break. And maybe there's a way you can visit the other world..." She whispered something to Bright Eyes, making her eyes widen in surprise.

"Will Headmare Twilight be okay with that?" She asked.

"I can tell you she definitely won't not be okay with it." Starlight replied, confidently.

"That's not very assuring." Bright Eyes said, flatly.


The Canterlot Diner was great place to hang out. It was modeled after a classic 1950's dinner from the outside in. This morning, while the other costumers were either sitting at their tables or dancing to the music coming from the jukebox, five familiar teenagers walked in. With them was a boy and a girl, a little younger then them.

The boy wore a white hoodie with a red x design, black pants, and red running shoes. The girl wore a pink striped tank top with a blue flannel shirt, denim capree pants, and brown slip on shoes. And while both of them had short blonde hair, the boy had dark hazel eyes and the girl had brown eyes.

From behind the group, four figures in brown trench coats walked in with their hats pulled down low over their faces.

"I don't know about you guys?" Raph said, lifting his hat up, "But being in out in the open like this is making me uneasy."

"Chill, Raph," Mikey said, "A lot of people here are from CHS and Crystal Prep so we're not total strangers."

Mikey wasn't wrong. Most of the dinner patrons were from Canterlot High and Crystal Prep. At one of the far off tables sat Flash Sentry. And at another table sat the Crystal Prep Swim team. And dancing with Rose Luck and Derpy was Lyra and Bonbon.

"And," the blonde boy nudged him, "You guys are disguised. So no one will know your actually giant turtles."

"Four figures walking around in identical trench coats would be considered suspicious, Zach." the blonde girl contradicted.

Zach frowned. "Do you always have to be a buzzkill, Caitlyn?"

Caitlyn ignored him and turned to April, "So why did we come to this town again?"

"Pinkie wanted us to try this new dessert she made."' April said.

"And it was a good reason to introduce you and Zach to our friends." Shini added, as the ninjas and allies took their seats.

"Place looks very retro." Keno noted the old 50s look of the place.

Then Pinkie Pie skated up in her waitress uniform, "Hey guys!" She said, tossing them their menus, "Glad you could make it."

"Nothing much going on back in New York," Leo said, "So we were available when you asked us to try your new dessert."

"And you're certain your boss is okay with this?" Donnie asked.

"I only told my co workers about you, Don," Pinkie motioned to the said workers, Doo Wop and Sunny Sugarsocks, who waved at the Turtles, "Besides, this wouldn't be the first time."

Raph shrugged, "Fair enough."

"So what can I get y'all to drink?"

Ninjas ordered their drinks and Pinkie skated off and brought them, then she went to prepare the special desert. As they waited, some of the students from CHS and Crystal Prep took notice of the New York ninjas and waved to them. Especially the turtles.

Donnie looked over to April. "Hey, April, any word from the other Rainbooms?" He asked.

April checked her phone, "I just got a text from Rarity that said they'll be here shortly."

"From what Sunset said, it sounds like this ain't a social visit," Keno noted.

Pinkie Pie skated back with tray of personal pies frosted green, "Ladies, Gentle Vigilantes, and Turtles, May I present TMNT Pies!" She announced, "Fresh from the sewers to you! That last line's just a slogan I created."

Awed, the ninjas each grabbed a pie and took a bite. Then eyes brighten up.

"As Rainbow Dash would say, this is Awesome!" April exclaimed.

"Goongala!" Casey cheered.

"You never cease to amaze me, Pinkie." Karai said.

"Very yummy." Shinigami commented.

"Sweet!" Keno chimed in.

"This is great." Leo said.

"Worth a Booyakasha!" Mikey pumped his fist in the air.

"Cool." Raph said.

"I love it!" Zach said, with a mouth full.

"It's good," Caitlyn admitted.

"Delicious!" Donnie exclaimed, "What's in these pies, Pinkie?"

"Vanilla Pudding." Pinkie answered.

The Turtles gave a thumbs up to Pinkie Pie, who smiled brightly. Just then, the rest of the Rainbooms walked in.

"Hey, girls!" Mikey waved.

"Hey, glad you guys could make it." Sunset Shimmer said.

"Who are these two?" Rainbow Dash asked, motioning to the two blondes.

"I'm Zach, and the girl on the phone is my sister Caitlyn."

"Big sister," Caitlyn corrected, "I'm a year older than him."

"They go to mine and Casey's school." April chimed in.

"And Zach's on my hockey team," Casey added.

"Anyway," Leo started, "Zach and Caitlyn, this is Sunset Shimmer. Applejack. Rainbow Dash. Fluttershy. Rarity. You already met Pinkie Pie," The said girl skated past, waving, "And Twilight Sparkle."

"The girl you have a crush on?" Caitlyn asked.

Both Leo and Twilight froze, "Uh... well. Uh?"

"I noticed you brightened up the minute you saw her." Caitlyn explained.

Both the girls and Leo's brothers chuckled.

"Well, ain't you observant." Applejack noted.

"I have a blog," Caitlyn said, "It comes with the territory."

Soon, the girls had taken their seats and ordered some food.

"So how did you two meet the Turtles?" Rarity asked the siblings.

"Well, as April said, me and Zach go to the same school she and Casey go to," Caitlyn said, "You see, I'm an aspiring reporter, so I was trying uncover a real scoop for my blog!"

"And so she could best her arch rival, Vernon Fenwick." Zach chimed in.

Caitlyn nudged her brother for interrupting and went on. "Yeah, so anyway, it all started in class..."


"Ms. O'Neil!" The science teacher Mr. Harold called out, in a loud voice.

"Huh?!" April shot up from her desk with a start, "What?"

"Ms. O'Neil, this is fourth time I've had to wake you up during a lesson." Mr Harold said.

“Oh. Sorry.”

“If you keep snoozing like this, you're going to lose your high grades.” Mr. Harold pointed out.

“Yes, sir.” April sat up.

“Now as I was saying-“ Mr. Harold began before hearing loud snoring, "Mr. Jones!" Mr. Harold shouted toward a sleeping Casey.

"Wah!" Casey woke and fell out of his chair and onto the floor.

All the students laughed at him, except one, Caitlyn. She couldn't help but notice that this had been happening a lot.

In the library, she was on the computer when Zach came up, "Hey, sis, what's up?"

"I'm busy right now, Zach." Caitlyn said, annoyed.

"Busy with what?" Zach prodded.

"I'm researching the old news articles about the Kraang invasion," Caitlyn explained, showing Zach the news stories, "Don't you find it a bit odd that no one ever found out who stopped them?"

"Uhh, a bit." Zach admitted.

"There's also April O'Neil," Caitlyn continued, "I've noticed she's been falling asleep in class a lot, lately. And Jones has been sleeping in class more than usual."

“So what else is new with Casey? And yet he manages to stay on the hockey team.”

“I’m serious!” Barked Caitlyn, “April O’Neil, one of the smartest people in school, now suddenly having trouble staying awake? Not to mention, I've noticed her and Jones have also be sporting some bruises. Like they were in a fight or something?"

"I just assumed that Casey got them from hockey practice," Zach shrugged, "Although he did end up in the hospital that one time with no explanation."

"Exactly," Caitlyn stated, "There's something off going around those- hey wait a minute?" She had noticed something in the background of a picture taken by someone when the Kraang still had control of the city. Caitlyn zoomed in and saw... "April?!" She exclaimed.

"I thought she and Casey were on a road trip during that time?" Zach said.

"She must know something about the Kraang invasion! And maybe also who stopped it!” Caitlyn deducted, "Looks like she and Jones are hiding way more then I thought. And I plan to find out what?" Then she pointed to her brother, “And your going to help me!”

“Uh, well actually, I kinda have to meet with some friends.” Zach started to back away before Caitlyn grabbed him.

“C’mon!” Caitlyn took his arm and pulled him along.

Later in the hallway, April was at her locker when she closed the door and jumped in fright. Caitlyn was standing right there.

"Hey, April." the blonde said, nonchalant.

"Oh, uh hey, Caitlyn," April replied, catching her breath, "Can I help you?"

“Depends. Let me ask you something,” Caitlyn looked at her hand, “What do you do at night?”

“What?” April raised a brow.

“What do every night that’s got you so tired in class.”

“Just......hang out with some friends.” April said, while trying to hide the nervous look on her face. But Caitlyn noticed it.

“And who are these friends?” She inquired.

“Just some friends who helped me when my dad was away,” April added, hiding the part where her father was kidnapped by the Kraang.

Caitlyn continued, “And where do they go to school?”

“They’re home schooled actually.”

“Is there any way I can meet them?”

"I’m....afraid they’re not much for public.” April noted.

“And why’s that?” Caitlyn continued to prod.

April had enough with her questions, “They just want to be left alone, okay? And why are you so interested all of a sudden, Caitlyn?”

“I was just curious to know what you do every day after school.”

“Look I gotta go.” April turned to leave.

"I don't suppose these 'friends' are the ones who stopped the Kraang?" Caitlyn inquired, making April freeze in shock. That was a spot on guess.

But she shook her head before looking back. “Y'know, Caitlyn, I understand you do this for journalism, but sometimes curiosity isn’t a good thing.” Then she hurried away before Caitlyn could ask anything else.

Which made the young girl even more suspicious, "Oh, you are so hiding something, O'Neil."

Casey was at his locker when Zach showed up, "Hey, Jones," he greeted.

"What up, Zach," Casey said, and the two high fived, "Don't you usually hang out with your friends round this time?"

"Yeah, but Caitlyn roped me into one of her stupid investigations," Zach pouted, "She threatened to rat me out to my crush if I didn't help."

"Man, your sister plays dirty." Casey frowned.

"Well, can't say I blame her," Zach said, "She's trying to one up Vernon Fenwick."

"Vern the Falcon Fendwick?" Casey scoffed, "Good luck with that."

"I know right? But if it means to up one on Vern, she'd face the Purple Dragons."

"So what's her investigation this time?" Casey asked.

"She wants to know who stopped the Kraang invasion," Zach rolled his eyes, not noticing the Casey's look of shock, "And she thinks you and April know something about it."

"We already told you two. We were on a road trip with some friends." Casey pointed out.

"I know! Try telling that to Caitlyn!" Zach rolled his eyes, "Who are these friends anyway?"

"Just some dudes who prefer night life."

"I see." Zach shrugged.

"Anyway, I gotta go," Casey said, walking away, "See yah, Zach!"

"Later, Case!" Zach waved. But once he was out of sight, he took out his phone and texted his sister, 'Yep. Whatever April’s hiding, Jones is in on it too.'

At lunch, Zach and Caitlyn sat at a table together.

“And their friends care about night life. That’s all I know,” Zach finished before taking a bite of his cheeseburger.

“Hmm. Okay,” Caitlyn pondered as she poured ketchup on her fries, “Their friends don’t like public, prefer night life, and were home schooled. It doesn’t add up?”

“Hew row rot lse mmk oh fense?” Zach said with his mouth full.

“Okay, Zach, why don’t you try that again without your mouth full?”

After Zach swallowed his bite, he continued, “You know what else makes no sense? You needing all that ketchup.”

Caitlyn looked at her fries all smothered with a lake of ketchup and stopped pouring. “Oh jeez!” Then she glanced over and noticed April and Casey at a table close to theirs. The pair were whispering to one another about something that the siblings couldn't hear clearly.

"Caitlyn?" Zach said.

"Shh!" Caitlyn hissed, and pointed at April and Casey. Then she slid underneath the table, motioning her brother to follow her.

They crawled as quietly as they could until they were under April and Casey's table and could hear them talking.

"I still say we got nothing to worry about, red," Casey said, "Zach didn't ask me anything about the Kraang invasion. Except that his sister wanted to know."

"Exactly. We gotta watch out for her, Casey," April stated, "If we're not careful, she could find out who the guys really are..."

“Well we have been doing pretty good so far.” Casey boasted.

“Yeah? Remember when we met the girls?” April recalled the day they met the Rainbooms.

“Touché!”

This caused Caitlyn to raise a brow.

“Speaking of, how was your Click Talk with Rarity?”

“Oh, the usual. She shared her fashion ideas and we just had other girl talk.”

“Any magic problems?” Casey asked.

“Nothing out of the usual.” April quoted.

"Magic problems?" Zach whispered and Caitlyn quickly covered his mouth so the older teens wouldn't hear.

"We still gotta watch out for Caitlyn, though," April continued, "We don't need a repeat of the Muckman incident."

"Glad I wasn't there for Splinter to back-slap me." Casey said, knowing how extremely painful Splinter's hits were.

“Tell me about it,” April cringed, “And with Splinter gone, Leo is trying hard not to repeat that again.”

“Yeah. And we have been good at keeping them off the media, with the exception of Keno.” Casey mentioned.

“Well, at least He’s helping with his end.” April assured.

“True.”

April got up, “C'mon, Casey. We better get to our next class.”

“Right behind ya.” Casey followed.

Once they had gone, Zach and Caitlyn came out and looked at each other. April and Casey were definitely hiding something.

Back in the library, Caitlyn was researching any news reports on Muckman. She found one video and played it.

"Turtle Mutants? Naw, no such thing," Muckman in the video told the reporter Joan Grody, "Maybe you're thinkin' of those kids who dress up in costumes, like The Pulverizer. Take it from me, Muckman, New York's monster hero."

Zach scoffed. "I've seen The Pulverizer, I could be a better vigilante than that guy."

"Don't even think about it," Caitlyn warned, and paused the video. Then she looked up another report that happened earlier that day and played the video.

"And that "something" seemed to be four human-sized mutant turtles," Joan Grody in the video reported, "And they appeared to be carrying ninja weapons," Then the video showed four renaissance artists wearing colored masks, "Furthermore, they may also be..." Caitlyn skipped through that part in the video, "We all hope Muckman keeps us safe from the evil, child-eating mutant turtles we brought you an exclusive clip of earlier tonight." Caitlyn stopped the video.

“Well, nothing new there. So I guess the search ends.” Zach said, before Caitlyn pulled him back to his chair.

“We’re not through yet! Don’t you remember what they were talking about at lunch? One of their friends name is Leo. And one the artists shown was Leonardo Da Vinci. And who are these girls that April chats with and this magic problem? This just keeps getting me more curious with every lead.”

"So, how are we gonna find out more?" Zach asked, bored.

Caitlyn thought for a moment, "Stakeout."

Later that night, Casey waited outside April's house as the girl came out wearing her kunoichi jumpsuit. They got onto Casey's bike and rode off. What they didn't know, was that they were being watched by three figures in a small green car.

"There they go?" Caitlyn said, looking through some binoculars.

"I can't believe you talked me into this," a girl in the driver's seat complained. She had fair skin, short dark brown hair in a blue headband and blue eyes. She wore a sandy yellow top with a blue designer jacket, white capri pants, and white cap toed ballet flats.

"Join the club," Zach said, while sitting in the back.

"Okay, I think they're far enough for them not to notice us," Caitlyn stated, "Follow them, Buffy."

The girl, named Buffy started the car and drove after Casey's bike.

"So, what's so important, that you're making me miss my beauty sleep?" Buffy asked.

"April's been falling asleep in class a lot, and Jones, more than usual, and I wanna find out why," Caitlyn explained, "Not to mention I want to see these mysterious friends of theirs."

Buffy stopped the car, looking more annoyed than impressed, “So you’re just invading other peoples personal lives. We may be besties, but I want nothing more to do with-“

“I think these friends of theirs are the ones who stopped the Kraang invasion.” Caitlyn interjected, showing her friend the picture of April in the background.

Buffy was surprised before Zach butted in, “And she wants to up one on Fendwick.”

“Of course she does,” Buffy groaned as Caitlyn gave the stink eye to her brother, “However, I am curious about these heroes you claim their friends are so I'll help you.”

“Thank you,” Caitlyn breathed as Buffy continued to drive. But as they got close to the two teens on the bike, April felt her head as Casey noticed.

“What's up, Red?”

“Casey. Whoever’s in that car is following us.”

“Not for long. Hang on!” Casey began to pedal faster and took a sharp turn.

“Shoot! They noticed us!” Caitlyn stated. “Follow them!”

Buffy stepped on the gas and turned the corner after them. "How did they notice us?" She asked.

"I don't know how?" Caitlyn replied, "Just stay on them."

Casey rode his bike through the street with Buffy's car not far behind. Casey made another sharp turn to his left, making April cling onto him.

Buffy turned after him before she suddenly stopped the car.

"What are doing?!" Caitlyn exclaimed, "They're getting away!"

"Um, red light," Buffy pointed up at the red traffic light.

“Hey, Red! Can’t you lift us with your ESP and fly us up to the sky?” Casey panted.

“That’s it. No more sci-fi movies for you Mikey or Mondo.” April stated.

“Relax, Red. We’re almost to the secret entrance to the lair.”

“It won’t be long before they try to catch up. Take a couple blocks then head to the secret entrance.”

As Casey followed April’s instructions, the light finally changed and Buffy was driving away.

Caitlyn was trying to locate April and Casey, “They couldn’t have gone far.”

Buffy scoffed, “They’re probably on the other side of the block by now. So can we just go home?”

"And I've got a Hockey game tomorrow," Zach added.

Caitlyn ignored them and then spotted the two heading to an alley, “There they are!” And Buffy turned to the alley, “We got 'em- now?”

The three looked around the alley and saw no sign of April or Casey.

"What?!" Caitlyn gasped, "Where'd they go?!" She got out of the car and looked all around the alley, "There's no way out of here! How can they just vanish?!"

"That's weird," Zach said, walking up to his sister, "But since they got away, can we go home now?"

Caitlyn signed, "Fine." Then the two got back in the car and Buffy drove away.

If they had looked any closer, they would have noticed the secret entrance to the lair.

As Buffy drove away, Caitlyn was down to have lost her lead. Zach noticed this.

“Hey don’t feel bad, Cate. You gave it your all.”

“And once again, my best wasn’t good enough.” Caitlyn pouted.

“Maybe you’ll get another chance.”

Caitlyn didn’t show any signs of hope. Zach was about to try again when suddenly-

THUD!

The three jumped and Buffy slammed on the brakes. The Purple Dragons, Sid, Fong, and Tsoi, had hit the windshield and were knocked out.

“Purple dragons!” Shrieked Buffy.

“Where’d he come from?” Zach asked as they all got out of the car.

Caitlyn looked at the direction the thugs flew from. “This alleyway leads to the playground. C'mon!” And she led them down the alleyway. As they got closer, they heard shouting and the sound of weapons clashing. The peeked out and their eyes widened in shock. Fighting the Purple Dragons, were four, human-sized turtles, wearing different colored masks around their eyes, and carrying ninja weapons. And fighting along side them, were April and Casey.

And if that didn't shock the three, they also saw a big turtle, wearing a black mask and carrying a mace, was battling against another big turtle along with a big alligator. A monkey, wearing a metal helmet, sat hovering in mid air and sent purple energy waves at some dragons. A giant salamander and raccoon were battling against more dragons and a giant pigeon was flying around and shooting at the gang with a Kraang blaster.

"Come and get me ya Purple Dragon scumbags!" A giant gecko shouted, while riding a skateboard, as three dragon members chased him.

At last, Zach spoke up, "Well, now we know why April and Casey are always tired in the morning."

“Who? What? Are they?” Buffy stuttered.

“Booyakasha!” The Turtle with the orange mask shouted.

“What did he say?” Caitlyn raised a brow.

“No idea?” Zach breathed.

Three of the dragons, named Sunny, Too Ton, and Spike, who were chasing the gecko before had lost sight of him.

"Where'd he go?" Sunny growled, looking around.

"How that lizard freak get away from us?" Spike asked.

"I don't know?" Too Ton shrugged.

They were unaware, that the gecko was hiding in a dumpster, right behind them, until he popped out, shouting, "Cowabunga!" And hit Sunny in the back of the head with his skateboard, knocking him down. "Sneak attacked ya, brah! Wigidiy-wigidiy- Gah!"

Spike had grabbed him by the throat and yanked him out of the dumpster then held him down as Too Ton kicked him like a football, sending him soaring across the playground and splatting against a wall.

"Not cool, dudes!" The gecko groaned, as he pealed off the wall, "Not cool!"

The two dragons laughed until the raccoon jumped up, grabbing Spike's head, and used his weight to slam him on the ground.

"Slam-dunk!" The raccoon exclaimed, "You're up, Mona!"

Then before Too Ton knew it, he was struck and kicked away by the salamander.

“Wait. That gecko sounded vaguely familiar?” Caitlyn pondered before gasping, “And so did the raccoon!”

“What do you mean?” Buffy asked.

“I think that gecko is our cousin, Jason!”

Zach widened his eyes, “No wonder our aunt and uncle never talked about him!”

“What about the raccoon?” Buffy asked.

Caitlyn listened closely, “I think that’s- I think that’s Link Chadler!”

“You mean the dude we played basketball with? No wonder he dropped out.” Zach remembered.

The first giant turtle and the gator were in a grapple with the other giant turtle, until it managed to push them off. Then it attacked the other turtle with kung fu moves and spin-kicked it onto the ground.

The other turtle glared up at the first one as he towered over him, "I grow tired of this little spat, Slash!"

"But I'm not, Hun!" The gator roared, lunging at him.

"Crud!" was all the turtle named Hun could say before the gator tacked him and they rolled around.

"Goongala!" Casey whacked some dragons with his hockey sticks, until one of them got a cheap shot by hitting him from behind and making him lose one of his sticks. But then the dragon was blasted off to the side by April's psychic blast, "Thanks, April!"

"You're welcome." April replied, before blocking a punch from a female member.

Buffy looked terrified as the battle got more intense, “I think we should get outta here while nobody knows we’re here.”

“Let me take a couple pictures. I want to have evidence to show April and Casey,” Caitlyn took out her phone and started to take pictures, “This will only take a second then we’ll hurry back. You understand, Zach?

Zach didn't answer.

"Zach?" Caitlyn looked to her side, only to see her younger brother wasn't there, "Zach?! Where'd he go?"

"Uh, Caitlyn?" Buffy pointed.

Caitlyn slowly looked to where her friend was pointing and gasped, "Oh no!"

The turtles in the red and purple masks were surrounded by five dragons.

"Gotcha now, turtles!" A dragon named Mark smirked.

The two turtles got ready to defend themselves when a voice called, "Hey, punks!" Both the turtles and dragons turned and saw Zach, holding one of Casey's hockey sicks.

"You wanna pick on someone, pick on me!" he dared them.

"Zach?!" April said in surprise, when she noticed him.

"No way!" Casey gasped.

"Get the brat!" A female member named Jane said.

Two dragons ran at Zach, but the boy used the hockey stick to wack a trashcan, knocking it into one of the dragons. Then used it to pull a fire escape latter down and the other dragon ran into it, face first, knocking himself out.

The three remaining dragons tried to attack him, but the turtle in the purple mask jumped up and nailed two of them with a bo staff. Then the red masked turtle swept the female dragon and kicked her back.

"Thanks for the help, kid." he said.

"No problem." Zach replied.

"What the?" The gecko gasped, "Zach?!"

"For real?!" The raccoon said, in disbelief.

Zach spun around, knocking out a couple more dragons.

“He’s got some cool moves I’ll give him that.” The orange masked turtle grinned.

Zach whacked some more dragons, close to where the girls were hiding, until Caitlyn grabbed him and pulled him back.

"What are you doing?!" She demanded.

"Helping them fight off the Purple Dragons," Zach answered, "Now I get why Casey does it. It's fun!"

"No, it's not!" Caitlyn stated, "You could've gotten hurt! Or given us away!"

"Whatever!" Zach rolled his eyes, "Anyway, I'm getting back in the fight!"

"Oh no, you're not!" Caitlyn stopped him by grabbing his hoodie. "I think you've had enough. Besides, I got the evidence I need, now let's get out of here before we're-" they turned, only to find Sid, Fong, Tsoi standing behind them, woken up from their knockout. "...spotted."

"Well, look what we got here?" Fong said, smugly.

"What do you kids think your doing?" Tsoi asked.

"Oh, uh, you know," Caitlyn replied, nervously, "Just out for a walk."

"Kinda late for that, dontcha think?!" Fong inquired, as the trio came closer.

"Hey, wait!" Sid noticed Buffy, "That's Buffy Shellhammer! Her dad's super rich!"

"Then it looks like we got ourselves a ransom!" Fong pounded his fists.

“Oh boy,” Buffy's eyes shrunk as the three dragons walked towards them.

“Back off!” Zach was about to take them on before he was pulled back by his sister.

“Zach! No!”

Suddenly-

“Goongala!” Casey skated in and hit the three with his baseball bat. Then he turned to the three, “You three! Get going!”

The three ran off and took cover behind a dumpster.

Two dragons ganged up on the turtle with the blue mask, charging at him with a pipe and a crowbar. But the turtle smirked and blocked their attack with his swords. But when a third dragon tried to strike him from behind, he quickly slipped back, making the all three of the dragons crash into each other. Then he jumped up, spin kicking the dragons off.

“Green always beats purple.” He smirked.

“Ain’t that the truth.” The red masked turtle agreed.

The second big turtle, who was called Hun, was struggling against the gator. Until he kicked him off and knocked him back with a low kick. The gator roared and whipped its tail, sweeping the turtle off his feet. The it grabbed Hun by the legs and swung him around and threw him. Then the big turtle, called Slash, ran up and hit Hun with his mace, sending him crashing into a wall.

Hun fell off and called out, "Dragons, retreat!"

All the Purple Dragons stopped fighting and took off running down another alleyway. Hun followed after, but not before he pointed back at the Turtles and animals.

"This isn't over!" And with that, he took off.

"Later, Scum!" Casey called, "I mean, Hun!"

“Nice work, team,” The blue masked turtle commended as they all put away their weapons, “Now for our three spies.”

“Where are they anyway?” The red masked turtle looked around.

“Right here.” The big turtle moved the dumpster, revealing the three.

“Don’t eat us! I’m too rich to be eaten!” Buffy begged.

The orange masked turtle grinned as he walked around them. “Oh contraire, little one! We were sent by our supreme ruler to eat humans and dip them in ranch dressing!”

Buffy screamed in fear as Casey and the gecko tried to hold their laughing.

“That is seriously messed up!” Caitlyn feared.

“Yeah,” Zach agreed, “If they were gonna eat you, they should use ketchup.” Caitlyn shot a look, as the orange masked turtle spoke.

“Nah just joshing! I’m a pizza-tarian!”

“My friend speaks the truth. We mean no harm, young lady.” The gator assured as April walked up to them.

"Zach, Caitlyn, Buffy, what are you all doing here?" She demanded.

"A better question is, what are you and Jones doing here?" Caitlyn rebuked, "And furthermore, who are these guys?" She motioned to the four turtles.

"That's on a need to know basis, missy, and you don't need to know!" The red masked turtle said.

"Really?" Caitlyn raised a brow, "Well, then maybe you'll be interested in sharing your info if I were to, oh say, post these-" she paused as she reached into her pocket, only to find her phone was gone, "Where's my phone?"

"Looking for this?" The red masked turtle held out her phone.

"No, don't break that!" Caitlyn tried to grab her phone, but the red masked turtle held her back with one hand and her phone away with the other.

"Raph, give it back," the blue masked turtle snatched the phone and handed it to Caitlyn, "Besides, Donnie already deleted the pictures she took."

"What?!" Caitlyn searched through the photo display and discovered that the pictures were indeed gone, "NOOOO!"

“Trust me. It’s for your own good.”

“No!” Caitlyn pouted, “My scoop. Gone!”

April pondered before looking at Leo who sighed while nodding in approval. She then walked up to Caitlyn, “If I introduce you three to our friends, will you promise to never tell anyone about any of these guys?”

“I wont tell anyone.” Zach promised.

“If these guys don’t really eat us, then I promise.” Buffy quipped.

Caitlyn sighed in defeat, “Alright. I promise.”

The turtle in orange mask leaned over and asked, "Sooo, who are these three?"

"This is Caitlyn and Zach Roberts," April introduced, "And that's Buffy Shellhammer. They all go to my school."

"And Zach's on my hockey team," Casey added.

"And these guys?" Caitlyn inquired.

"This is Leonardo, Donatello, Michelangelo, and Raphael," April introduced the four turtles, "They're the friends I told you about."

"And them?" Zach motioned to the animals.

Casey spoke, “These are the Mighty Mutanimals. This is Slash, the leader, Leatherhead, Pigeon Pete, Dr. Tyler Rockwell, Mondo Gecko and Bandit Raccoon.”

Zach walked up to Mondo and Bandit, “Jason? Link? Is that really you guys?”

“Hey Zach. Long time no see.” Bandit smiled.

“How’s it hanging, Cuz?” Mondo grinned.

“Cuz?” Casey and Mikey gasped.

"Yeah, Zach and Caitlyn are my cousins!" Mondo said, putting his arms on each of them.

"And the three of us used to play b-ball together, before I got mutated," Bandit explained, "But Caitlyn wasn't very good."

Caitlyn frowned, before she asked, "So, you're a raccoon and gecko now?"

"Ch'ah," Mondo said, "And it's awesome."

"How did that happen?" Caitlyn asked.

"It's a long story," Mikey said, "But, why don't we go somewhere less out in the open..."

"Like where?" Zach asked.

Soon they showed them the sewer entrance.

"Ew ew ew!" Buffy cringed, "No way am I going into that disgusting sewer!"

"She's as bad as Rarity." Raph rolled his eyes.

"Trust me, Buffy, it's not as bad as you think." April assured.

Before long, they arrived at their lair. The three young visitors looked around.

“Amazing, guys.” Zach said in awe.

“And I thought all the good dungeons were in Europe.” Buffy sighed.

Caitlyn looked impressed, “Not bad.”

“C'mon. We’ll explain everything in the dojo,” Leo lead.

“You guys have a dojo?” Zach perked up.

Soon, after all was revealed, Caitlyn was the first to speak, "So, let me clarify, you guys were normal baby turtles until you got mutated by this chemical called Mutagen. And you were taught ninjitsu by your sensei/father figure who got mutated into a rat?"

"Yep," Mikey confirmed.

"And you've been living down here for fifteen years?" Zach asked.

"That's right." Leo nodded.

"So, your mutant, turtle, ninja, teenagers?" Buffy inquired.

"Well, when you put it like that, it sounds ridiculous." Donnie said.

“And you fought these ninjas known as the Foot?” Buffy asked.

“Led by our father’s rival and brother, Oroku Saki, also known as the Shredder. Who also ended father’s life,” Leo sat in silence.

“And we were able to avenge him by ending the Shredder.” Raph assured.

"Whoa!" Zach said, in surprise.

"That's intense," Caitlyn commented, then she looked up at Slash, "And you used to be Raph's pet turtle, Spike?"

"Yep." Slash confirmed.

"And did you really try to destroy them?"

"I wasn't right in the head back then," Slash explained, sheepishly, "Mutagen will do that to you. But I made up for it by helping them defeat Newtralizer."

"And you were tortured by the Kraang for years and never broke, even when you were there prisoner again?" Zach said to Leatherhead, "Dude! Your like a supergator!"

“I appreciate your comment, Zach. They were the worse days of my life,”

“Tell me about it,” Donnie shuttered, remembering how the gator used to grab his face.

Caitlyn looked at Rockwell, “So, Dr. Rockwell, I had looked into your disappearance but never could find any leads. Couldn’t even get an interview with Dr. Falco.”

“Trust me. You were better off, my dear. Falco was the reason for my mutation. Trying to get psychokinesis, resulting in his transformation into the Rat King. I was then captured by the Kraang and experimented on with this helmet, accidentally unlocking my vast intellect.”

Then Caitlyn looked at Pete. "And you were just a normal pigeon?"

"Yeah, but now I'm awesome mutant!" Pete replied.

"Ok?" Caitlyn rolled her eyes.

"And you're really an alien?" Buffy asked Mona.

"Yes, I am a Salamandrian from the planet Salamandria," Mona said, "But I choose to remain on Earth to monitor for possible Kraang activity."

"But mostly so you could be closer to Raph." Mikey noted.

"Aww!" Buffy cooed.

"And there are actually good Kraang called the Utrom?" Zach inquired.

"That's right," Donnie stated, "In fact, all the Kraang were Utrom once, until an Utrom scientist named Kraang used mutagen on himself and became Kraang Prime. Then he used his psychic powers to brainwash millions of Utrom into a hive-mind."

"Hmm, makes sense the Kraang have a hive-mind," Caitlyn said, "A very stupid hive-mind."

"Yeah," Donnie chuckled, "I said the exact same thing when we found out from our Utrom ally Bishop."

April then took a deep breath, “I guess it’s time to tell you the truth about the Kraang Invasion, Caitlyn.”

Caitlyn nodded as the teen began her tale, “It all began when I was talking and walking with Irma. Suddenly, we were ambushed by Kraang droids and I had no choice but to take Irma down to the lair, only to find she was a Kraang in disguise called Kraang Subprime. He was able to summon more droids and destroyed the lair and the Shellraiser.”

Casey continued, “Meanwhile, Raph and I were hanging out when Kraang droids disguised as cops tried to take me in. At that time, the invasion began.”

Leo then picked up where the teen left off, “Meanwhile, we were separated from Sensei so I suggested that we rendezvous at April’s. Of course, Donnie wanted to use his Turtle Mech, but it wasn’t tested. I lead the droids after me to get the others to escape. But I ended up getting ambushed by Shredder and his forces and got beat down. Bad.”

“That bad?” Zach asked.

“Let’s just say I didn’t always sound this low.”

Donnie then took over, “We all made it to April’s and waited for Leo, who was thrown through the window. We were able to escape using Mr. O’Neil's van before he got mutated too. Casey went to find his family while we went looking for Sensei. We found him fighting Shredder and we thought he was gone so we then tried to fight back with the Turtle mech. Unfortunately, we had our shells kicked and after a close save from Casey, we had to retreat to April’s farm in the countryside.”

"We stayed there for months to recover," Raph said, "But even there, crazy stuff happened."

"Like what?" Buffy asked.

Mikey listed off, "First we faced this mud monster called the Creep, a deadly Kraang mutant pretending to be April's mom, these mystic beavers that trapped us in our dreams, a car mutant that took control of Donnie, an army of mutant frogs, a chimera, and even Big Foot."

"Wait? Big Foot's real?" Caitlyn asked in amazement.

"Yep," Mikey answered, "And she had a crush on Donnie."

Donnie scowled while April couldn't help but giggle.

"Once we recovered, we came back to the city," Leo said, "We ran into the Mutanimals and together, we all took the city back from the Kraang."

"So you were the ones who stopped the Kraang," Caitlyn stated, "How did you do it?"

“Well, first we made a special retro mutagen out of a concoction Mikey made to revert everyone back to normal. While the Mutanimals opened a portal for us to get to Dimension X in the Turtle Blimp and changed everyone back to normal and teleport them back to New York.” Donnie explained.

“And using the portal at both ends, we teleported the Kraang back to Dimension X.” Rockwell finished.

"Whoa!" Zach said, "So, all the Kraang are back in Dimension X."

"Yeah, and hopefully they stay there." Raph stated.

"Well," Buffy began, "I wanted to meet the ones who stopped the Kraang so I could thank them. So, thanks for saving all of us."

Mikey hugged her, "Aww, you're welcome. Glad somebody noticed the good we do."

Caitlyn had another question, "And this daughter of your sensei's that Shredder took in, whatever happened to her?"

"Why don't you ask her yourself."

Caitlyn, Zach, and Buffy looked back and saw two girls standing in the doorway. Both were Japanese. The first one had short black hair, with the back dyed blonde, and two bangs on each sides of her head. She wore a black suit with armor around her torso, shoulders, arms, and legs. The second girl was taller and had long black hair that was draped over one side of her face. She was dressed like some kind of witch and even had a witch hat.

Leo got up to introduce them. “Zach, Caitlyn, Buffy, meet Karai and Shinigami.”

“And who’s this?” Karai amusingly asked.

“This is Zach and Caitlyn Roberts. And Buffy Shellhammer. They go to the same school as me and Casey.” April added.

“They were spying on us fighting the Purple Dragons.” Raph added.

“Impressive.” Shini smiled.

“I wanted to learn about what happened at the Kraang invasion,” Caitlyn explained, “So you’re Splinter's daughter?”

“I am. My real name is Miwa. But I was na infant when Shredder took me. As he trained me, he convinced me that father was the one who killed mother and Shredder was my father. I first met Leo when I came to New York and we had many conflicts. When Leo learned the truth about my family, he kept trying to convince me until one day, I actually listened. But Shredder kidnapped me, trying to convince me that he did it out of love. He then used me to lure father and the turtles to him so he would have the turtles mutated into mindless serpents, resulting in this.”

She took a moment to mutate into her snake form, resulting in the three jumping at first. But she was able to convince them it was okay before returning to her human self then she continued, “I had nearly lost my mind as a result of it. Not even Donatello’s retro mutagen could cure me. I was then kidnapped by Shredder again, and his assistant, Dr. Stockman, was not only able to get me to revert back to human form but used a mind worm to brainwash me into serving him again. Luckily, father used an old technique to remove the worm from me. After that I wanted to make Shredder pay for what he did to me, so I worked on usurping his hold on the Foot Clan and rebuild it in honor of my family.”

Shini continued, “That is where I come in. You see, I’m a friend of Karai’s from Japan. I was raised myself in the martial arts as well as an illusionist. Karai asked me to help her with her mission.”

"I just wanna say, your outfits are amazing.” Buffy added.

“Why thank you,” Shini grinned.

"One last thing," Caitlyn said, "Who are these girls we heard you talking about with magic problems? You said one of them was named Rarity?"

"Yeah, and you said I was just like her." Buffy added to Raph.

“They’re friends of ours,” April began, “You ever heard of the Rainbooms?”

“THE Rainbooms? They’re one of the best high school bands ever!” Buffy gleamed.

Caitlyn however sighed, “I’m not much into music. But you can still tell us.”

“Yep. There’s Twilight Sparkle, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Applejack, Fluttershy, Sunset Shimmer, and of course, Rarity,” Mikey named off, while showing a picture of them on his T-Phone.

“They visited here and we trained them as ninjas,” April began. “You see, a couple summers ago.....”


"And so, they told us everything about you girls and all the adventures you've had together." Caitlyn finished.

"We try." Rainbow Dash said.

"Speaking of adventure," Karai said, "What's the urgent thing you needed to tell us?"

Soon, the Rainbooms had explained the magic problems and how they seemed to have gotten worse. They also told them about the incident with the singing plants a week ago. Raph, Casey, Keno, Shini, Mikey, and Zach laughed at how Twilight didn't notice the plants until it had gotten out of control. Even Caitlyn thought it was funny, making Twilight Sparkle frown in annoyance and embarrassment. They had just finished explaining about messaging Princess Twilight, when the journal began glowing.

Sunset Shimmer opened the journal and read it, before she looked to the ninjas. Okay. I have some good news and some bad news," she said, "Which do you wanna hear first?"

"Start with the bad news first." April said.

"Princess Twilight can’t leave her school after the stunt both Neighsay and Cozy Glow did so she can’t come help us here." Sunset Shimmer explained.

Everyone, especially Leo, looked dismal.

"So what's the good news?" Keno asked.

"She was able to ask Princess Celestia to lend Blade Swipe to come instead."

"Blade Swipe?" The ninjas exclaimed.

"That mutant pony you told us about from when you guys went to Equestria?" Rarity inquired.

"One and the same." Karai confirmed.

"Sounds great and all but how will the portal affect him?" Raph wondered, "I mean you know how we look going through the portal and we don’t know if he would be any different."

"One way to find out," Sunset Shimmer stated, "Twilight says he’ll be through the portal in a bit."

"Come on, everyone!" Leo stood up, "Let’s head to the portal so we can welcome him!"

Pinkie Pie zipped up in her normal clothes, "Perfect timing! My shift just ended! Now let's go meet Blade Swipe!" She raced off, and the others followed.


Back in Equestria, a chariot arrived at Twilight's castle and Blade Swipe, not in his guard uniform, dismounted, "Thanks, fellas," he said to the pegsi guards pulling it. They nodded then flew off, "Greetings, Twilight. Spike," he greeted the Princess of Friendship and her dragon assistant.

"Hey, Blade," Spike gave him a fist bump, "Good to see ya."

"Thank you for coming on short notice." Princess Twilight said.

"Happy to help." Blade replied.

As they headed towards the portal, Princess Twilight explained the situation to the pony ninja.

"So this leads to the world the Turtles and their friends came from?" Blade Swipe asked, pointing to the mirror.

"That's the one," Princess Twilight nodded, "And where Sunset resides."

"I don't know, Twilight," Blade looked at his reflection, "The last time I went through a portal to another world, I was held against my will, tortured, and turned into this." He held his hand up, clenching it into a fist.

"I understand your concern. But I assure you that when you go through that portal you'll find good friends," Princess Twilight eased him, "Also, just a heads up, anypony who goes through to the portal will be transformed into creatures called humans. Who have hands and stand two legs, like Spike's physical structure. Though granted, I'm not sure if there's any alterations what with you being an Equestrian mutant and all."

"So we won't know if I become a human or not?" Blade Swipe inquired.

"Even if you look irregular, I'm sure the others can help you with that." Princess Twilight assured him.

Blade looked down still unsure until he lifted his head smiling, "Alright. I'll help my friends," he said, "As a ninja and a Royal Guard."

Princess Twilight smiled as she placed journal in the compartment, activating the portal, "As soon as you enter the portal, I'll remove the journal so nothing gets through in either worlds," she explained, "Sunset will message me when you're ready to come home. The Turtles, Sunset, and our counterparts are expecting you. Oh. and tell Leo I said hi."

While Princess Twilight spoke, Spike heard soft hoofsteps coming from behind him. He turned around to see what it was, but there was nothing there. Thinking it was nothing, he looked back at the portal. A green eye opened up as if to make sure he wasn't watching, then it closed and Spike heard the hoofsteps again.

Blade Swipe nodded and leaped into the portal. The portal shut off and Princess Twilight removed the journal then she noticed Spike looking all around in confusion.

"Something wrong, Spike?" She asked.

"I thought I heard hoofsteps," Spike scratched his head, "Did you?"

"No, why?" Princess Twilight asked.

Spike could only shrug.

Author's Note:
  • Bright Eyes is a redesigned character from the G2 Slice of Life MLP series, My Little Pony Tales
  • Zach, Caitlyn, and Buffy Shellhammer were characters from the 80s TMNT series. In 80 series, Buffy was a kid, here she's around sixteen.

Artwork done by jebens1

Before I resume my own planned Equestria Ninja Girls idea I'll be uploading chapters for this story to fill in the gaps some stories may have that this story will explain.