• Published 25th Oct 2022
  • 3,413 Views, 141 Comments

Equestria Ninja Girls Magical Mayhem - Wildcard25



When Equestrian Magic becomes more Troublesome for the Rainbooms and the Turtles alone, Blade Swipe comes from Equestria to help along with a little stowaway

  • ...
4
 141
 3,413

Friendship University

In the music room at school, Applejack, Pinkie, and the Ninjas were telling the Rainbooms and Fugitoid about their mishap at the farmer's market with the Peach Family and their payback on the Flim Flam Brothers.

“And then the Ninjas here laid the smack down on those no good Flim Flam Brothers and they went running for the hills!” Applejack explained.

The girls and Fugitoid laughed. Then the cyborg spoke up, “That sounded like you had quite the eventful day.”

“Oh, it was eventful alright.” April confirmed.

Rainbow chuckled, “I liked the part when you put dirty laundry in their peach jam!”

“Yeah, that was good one!” Gabby agreed.

“Until they retaliated with marshmallow cream.” Keno scowled.

“And switched the brown sugar with dirt.” Pinkie added.

“And lured the Apples out and feathered them.” Shini put in.

“That's my favorite part!” Spike laughed.

“And all of that escalated into a food fight?!” Twilight asked in disbelief.

Blade nodded, “It was very messy indeed.”

Applejack sighed, “Yeah, that wasn't our best moment. Especially once we found out Flim and Flam bamboozled us all into it.”

“But some good came out of it in the end.” Mikey noted.

“The CMC and the HMC became best friends!” Pinkie declared.

Caitlyn nodded, “Which was shocking since they're related to the Color Strikes.”

“Just cause someone's related to someone bad doesn't mean they're bad themselves.” Karai spoke up.

“Yeah, I mean my uncle's a mobster.” Buffy reminded them.

Caitlyn shrugged, “Point made.”

“You know, all that reminds me of when we foiled Flim and Flam's scams in Equestria.” Sunset recalled.

“Oh yeah, I remember that.” Mikey replied.

“You did?” Fluttershy asked.

“Yes. I even helped out.” Bright Eyes said.

“It was during our last visit to Equestria.” Keno remembered.

“They opened their own Friendship University to try to outshine Princess Twilight's School of Friendship.” Sunset added.

“They even fooled Star Swirl and gained favor with Chancellor Neighsay.” Leo said.

“Oh, no!” Twilight gasped.

“He's that biased pony you told us about, right?” Caitlyn asked.

“He's not like that anymore,” Mikey corrected, “But back then, yeah! He was a total jerkface!”

“How'd you foil Flim and Flam's scheme?” Buffy asked.

“Wasn't easy. That's for sure.” Keno replied.

Leo spoke, “It all started when Mikey saw Cozy Glow delivering crates and flyers to Princess Twilight's office and decided to "investigate".”

“While dragging me along with him.” Keno added, while glancing at Mikey who smiled.

Sunset continued, “Leo and I noticed him and thought we'd better make sure he didn't do anything crazy...”


In a flashback, Mikey and Keno were hiding behind around the corner and peeked out to see Cozy Glow pushing a bunch of crates toward Princess Twilight's office. She also had a small stack of flyers on her back.

“Mikey!” Mikey jumped and spun around to see Leo and Sunset standing behind him.

“What are you doing?” Sunset asked.

“Shhhh! You'll give us away!” Mikey shushed her.

Leo looked in disbelief, “Are you spying on Cozy Glow again?”

“Yes. Mikey thinks she's up to something.” Keno confirmed.

“She is! Look!” Mikey pointed then Leo and Sunset looked over at the filly.

“All she's doing is pushing crates, Mikey,” Sunset noticed, “And by the looks of it, I think she could use some help.”

“Agreed.” Leo said, and they walked over to the filly.

“Dudes, wait!” Mikey called to them, but the two ignored him. Even Keno walked over to Cozy Glow.

“Hello, Cozy.” sunset greeted.

Cozy Glow looked back, “Oh! Hello, professors. Something I can do for you?”

“Actually, we were wondering if you needed help with those crates.” Leo offered.

“Of course! they're a lot heavier than I expected. Thank you very much!”

“No problem.” Keno said before taking a crate.

Cozy Glow noticed Mikey, “Would you like to help too, Sensei Michelangelo?”

Mikey seeing the crates and not wanting to get on Leo and Sunset's bad sides sighed, “Fine.” he walked up and grabbed a crate.

Soon, they brought the crates to Twilight's office and Cozy opened the door to find the Princess of Friendship and Rarity reading a letter.

“Professor Sparkle? The mailpony just came with, uh, a few things.” Cozy pushed the door all the way, revealing the crates.

“Says you. Ow!” Mikey groaned, as Sunset roughly elbowed him in the chest.

“Ooh! The sewing machines I ordered for my class!” Rarity cheered in joy.

“These came, too,” Cozy landed handed her the flyers to Twilight, “I wasn't sure what to make of them.”

“Thank you.” Twilight levitated the flyers over.

“Wow! You ordered all these, Rarity?” Leo asked in surprise.

“That I did.” she confirmed.

“That must’ve been a big expense.” Keno said.

“These machines were costly, but I am quite certain the friendship lessons I can teach my students with them will be invaluable.”

“And how exactly can you teach friendship through sewing?” Sunset asked.

They were interrupted when they heard Twilight gasp. She had a shocked look on her face.

“Twilight?” Leo asked.

“You look like you saw a ghost?” Keno noticed.

“Oh, don't worry, darling. I'll think of something,” Rarity told Twilight, “And I didn't use the school funds to buy these. I made the purchase entirely with my own bits.”

“It's not that. It's this!” She showed them the flyer.

Rarity read the flyer, "'Why waste your time at a friendship school that's just a school? Learn everything they teach and more at Friendship University'?!”

“There's another friendship school?!” Sunset asked in confusion.

Later, they were walking down the hallway, still wondering about the other friendship school.

“Who would open another friendship school?” Twilight asked utterly confused.

“Your guess is as good as ours, Twilight.” Leo answered.

“But from the way this is written, it looks like whoever did doesn't like competition.” Sunset suspected.

“Yeah, Antonio's did the same when this new pizza joint called Jay's opened up.” Keno said.

“Or maybe... this could be a trick by Coz-” Mikey was once again cut off by Sunset shoving the flyer in his mouth.

“Give it a rest, goofbag!” Mikey frowned with the flyer sticking out of his mouth.

“Oh, pfft! I'm sure it's nothing to worry about,” Rarity calmed her, “You're the Princess of Friendship. What could this other school possibly offer?”

“It isn't just another friendship school. It's a university!” Came Smolder's voice.

They hid behind a pillar and saw that all the students reading the flyers, including the Young Six and Bright Eyes.

“It says they teach the same lessons of competing schools in half the time. That's twice the learning!” Ocellus gasped.

“How can they do that? It doesn't make since?” Bright Eyes wondered.

“Learn twice as much? Yak interested.” Yona said.

“Maybe we can check it out!” Silverstream suggested.

“You think they also teach ninjitsu?” Sandbar asked.

“And it's in Las Pegasus?” Gallus asked sounding interested, “If Professor Rarity lets us skip her sewing class – road trip!”

The Young Six minus Bright Eyes left, chatting excitedly.

“Looks like you spoke too soon, Rares.” Mikey told the fashionista.

“I think we need to look into this school.” Rarity looked firmly.

Leo nodded, “Agreed. I've got a funny feeling about this so called Friendship University.”

Twilight looked just as determined, “That makes two of us!”

“Three of us!” Sunset added.

“Four of us,” Everyone turned to see Bright Eyes standing behind them, “Can I come?”

“Bright Eyes? Well, I suppose? But why would you want to come along?” Twilight inquired.

“Well, I'm a little skeptical about Friendship University. I want to find out just how they teach school lessons in half the time?”

“Count me in too! I'd like to see more of Equestria.” Keno spoke up.

“Great!” Mikey started to leave, “While you guys are investigating the other friendship school, I think I'll stay here and keep an eye on-”

Twilight pulled Mikey back with magic and firmly stated, "And you're coming too, Mikey! So we can make sure you leave Cozy Glow alone!"

Mikey frowned, “Why doesn't anyone believe me?”


Sunset sighed, “If only I let him stay.”

“I still can’t believe that cute filly tried to drain the magic in Equestria.” Buffy said in surprise.

“While I was skeptical about going, it probably was a good thing I did come.” Mikey admitted.

“Learn twice as much? I think I’d be brain dead if I went there.” Zach asked in worry.

“Same here!” Rainbow agreed.

“Your school grades would beg to differ.” Caitlyn reminded Zach.

“ Yours too, Rainbow Dash.” Twilight put in.

They shared a laugh while Zach and Rainbow shot them a look.

“So what happened next?” Gabby asked, as Keno continued.

"Well, we went to Las Pegasus and found the Friendship University..."


“So, this is the famous Friendship University?” Sunset looked up at the building.

“According to the flyer it is.” Bright Eyes confirmed.

“I don't like to judge solely on appearances. But... what kind of friendship school is this?” Rarity asked in shock.

“Only the best friendship school in the west... and maybe all of Equestria!” A pony named Polo Play answered.

“Why's that?” Leo asked.

“I don't know, but it must be great!”

The pony went inside and soon after that, a mob of ponies ran in almost running over Rarity. After that, the five ponies and two mutants peeked in and found a crowd waiting in front of a small stage with two podiums. Curious, they pushed their way through the crowd and stood in front of the stage.

“Dudes, look at all these ponies.” Mikey said in surprise.

“It's packed!” Bright Eyes said equally shocked.

Twilight Sparkle was the most shocked, “There's more ponies in here than at our whole school. Who is running this place?”

“That's a good question.” Sunset agreed.

At that moment, the lights dimmed and two spotlights shone back and forth on the two podiums.

“Welcome, friends!” a voice echoed, “You are about to embark on a journey of amazing magnitude! One that will change your lives forever!”

“Prepare yourselves to embrace a new path and become students of...” Another voice echoed.

The spotlights then shone on two silhouettes of ponies before they burst through a paper wall, revealing themselves as non other than the Flim Flam Brothers.

“Friendship U!” the brothers announced.

“Oh, no.” Sunset gasped.

“Flim and Flam. Of course.” Twilight said dryly, as the brothers began to sing...

[Flim]

If you're alone and you can't make friends

We understand your plight

[Flam]

Until now, there was just one way

Your friendships could take flight

[Flim]

There is a school real far away

That'll teach you what to know

But if you live here, you couldn't stay

[Flam]

You'd learn you have to go-o-o-o

"Awww..." the crowd moaned, while Twilight and the other just frowned, not buying their act one bit.

[Flim]

Now, there is an alternative to all of that adversity

[Flam]

Not just a school, I'll have you know

[Flim and Flam]

But a whole university

At Friendship U, our aim is true

In a city, not some backwater

You'll learn the things you need to know

At our new alma mater

"That's it, everypony, you heard correct!" Flim announced.

Flam chimed in, "Friendship U, the one and only university of friendship!" Then they showed the crowd a success chart.

[Flim]

As you can see, we're a success

By any kind of stat

But then Twilight appeared on the chart as a drawing and stated her opinion.

[Twilight Sparkle]

That may be so, for all I know

But I still smell a rat

Smirking, Flim and Flam turned and directed the attention to Twilight, manipulating the situation.

[Flam]

Everypony, lookie here

That other school's headmare

[Flim]

Her presence is a testament

To the mutual respect...

[Flim and Flam]

...we sha-a-a-are

"What?! No, it isn't!" Twilight rebuked.

[Flam]

It really is the final piece

To make our work complete

[Flim]

To have the Friendship Princess

Bless our school is such a treat

Flim levitated out flowers to Twilight, much to her annoyance, while a frowning Leo sliced them with his sword.

"We're so honored!" Flam said, yucking it up.

[Flim and Flam]

At Friendship U, we teach to you (and you!)

All of our friendship knowledge

You'll learn it all in half the time

At the one and only friendship college

"How can anypony learn friendship in half the time?" Bright Eyes asked them.

"Our coursework is so accelerated, to take longer would be a crime!" Flam answered.

[Flim]

The lessons that we teach have been

Reviewed and checked and edited

[Flam]

Which might explain why our new school's

[Flim and Flam]

About to be accredited

At Friendship U, oh, yes, it's true

Even the Princess of Friendship agrees

The only place in Equestria

To give out friendship degrees

[Flam]

Yeah!

Soon, the crowd and even Mikey began chanting.

[Ponies and Mikey]

Friendship U!

Friendship U!

Friendship U!

"That's it, everypony!" Flim encouraged. "Let's hear it! Tell us again why it's the best!"

[All]

It's the only university of Friendship U!

[Flim and Flam]

Yeah!

“Really?” Leo asked his brother dryly.

“What? It's catchy.” Mikey admitted sheepishly.

Twilight, Rarity, and Sunset also looked unimpressed, while Keno and Bright Eyes looked confused.

“I take it, you know those two stallions?” Keno asked.

Sunset sighed, “Unfortunately!”

Bright Eyes explained, “Those are the Flim Flam Brothers. I learned about them from Professor Applejack. They are, and these are her words, dirty sneakin' cheats!”

“Con men. Something worse than a criminal!” Keno frowned.

“Accredited?” Twilight asked in confusion.

“It means officially recognized or authorized.” Flam explained.

“We know what it means. But who would accredit this place?” Rarity demanded.

“Why, the EEA, of course.” came the voice of Chancellor Neighsay. As said pony approached smirking.

“Oh no!” Leo said with a sigh.

“Chancellor Neighsay?!” Twilight asked in shock.

Mikey frowned and crossed his arms, “The big jerk returns!”

“Haven't seen you since you were a huge creep to all our friends those few nights ago!” Keno reminded him.

“Ninjas, a pleasure to see you again.” The chancellor said clearly lying through his teeth.

Bright Eyes spoke, “So you’re Chancellor Neighsay?”

“And you are?” he asked.

“My name's Bright Eyes. And I've heard about you from my friends back at the friendship school.”

“And who pray tell are your friends?”

“The ones you think shouldn’t learn friendship.” Bright Eyes challenged him.

Neighsay squinted at her, “Then I’d reconsider your friendship if I were you.”

Bright Eyes glared while Leo demanded, “What are you doing here, Neighsay?”

“The Equestria Educational Association has taken an interest in institutions that teach friendship, in a pony-first environment,” he turned to Twilight, “Surely you didn't think your school has a monopoly on the concept?”

“Well, she did write the book on it.” Rarity reminded him.

“Ah, yes. How to teach friendship to creatures who will one day use it as a weapon against us! And don't get me started on you ninjas teaching them how to fight!”

Leo frowned, “Technically, we're only teaching them self-defense.”

“That's what's up, dude.” Mikey confirmed.

“How could they use friendship as a weapon?!” Twilight demanded.

“You tell me. It's your book,” Neighsay answered, “Meantime, this university appears to be a promising option for ponies who'd prefer to stick to the EEA book on the subject.”

“Still prejudice as ever, I see.” Sunset scowled.

“You can't be serious. They're obviously up to something. It's Flim and Flam!” Twilight reminded him.

“And one of Professor Applejack's most important lessons in honesty: Never listen to those Dirty Sneakin' Cheats! Ever!” Bright Eyes added.

Flim let out a faux gasp, “Well, that certainly wasn't friendly.”

Chancellor Neighsay spoke, “One would think the headmare of a school of friendship – albeit an unaccredited one – would behave differently. Unless she was trying to undermine the competition? Hmm?”

Everyone gasped at Neighsay's accusation, as Twilight tried to defend herself, “I— No! What?! I-I am not!”

“I did think the Princess of Friendship would be friendlier.” one of the other ponies accused.

“She is, girl,” Mikey assured, “Don't listen to that big jerk-face!” he motioned to Neighsay.

Flam came between them, ”Now, now, fillies and gentlecolts. Let's show the princess just how friendly we are by signing up for some classes!” The ponies cheered.

Flim spoke to Neighsay, “Why don't I show you around?”

The ponies and Ninjas looked at each other and ran after them, catching up to them in the halls.

“Hold it! We're not done here!” Leo ordered.

Twilight spoke, “I'm sorry, but approval from the EEA won't convince me that this school is what you promise.”

“And what would it take to convince you?” Flim inquired.

“Well, somepony whose opinion I respect, for one.” she replied.

“Really?” Flim asked smugly, “Somepony like... this?” he opened a door to a classroom.

The heroes looked inside and gasped in shock. Sitting at a desk was Star Swirl the Bearded himself.

“Twilight?” Star Swirl asked.

“Hey, Star Swirl.” Mikey greeted.

“Uh-oh.” Rarity said knowing this wasn't helping their case.

“Starswirl? What are you doing here?” Twilight asked in shock.

“Why, studying friendship at Flim and Flam's wonderful school!” he answered.

Rarity frowned. Oh, please. I think I know a disguise when I see one. Take off that ridiculous beard... Flam!” she used her magic to tug on Starswirls' beard making him scream.

“Wow, that's one tough mask.” Mikey said.

Flam suddenly walked in, “How's it going in here?”

Sunset spoke to Rarity, “I don't think that's a mask.”

Rarity looked back and forth at Starswirl and Flam before she let go of the wizard's beard with a snap.

Starswirl groaned, “It-It's really me.”

Mikey spoke to Rarity, “You just assaulted one of the legendary Pillars.” Rarity scowled at him.

Bright Eyes suddenly went wide eyed, “You're St-St-Starswirl the Bearded?! The actual Starswirl the Bearded?!”

“Why, yes.” he confirmed.

Bright Eyes surprised them all by letting out a piercing squeal and began fangirling out, “Ohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh! It’s really you! I have been a big fan of your work! How you assembled the Pillars, saved Equestria multiple times, EVERYTHING!” she fainted from all the excitement.

“Bright Eyes? Bright Eyes?” Keno waved a hoof in front of her.

Mikey looked at Twilight smugly, “Looks likes you're not the only Star Swirl super fan.”

Chancellor Neighsay spoke to Star Swirl, “I'd heard rumors you've returned, but I didn't believe it until now. And if a pony of your stature is studying here, there really isn't anything else I need to see. I, Chancellor Neighsay, hereby confer upon Friendship University complete and unreserved EEA accreditation!”

“WHAT?!” The ninjas asked in shock.

Bright Eyes suddenly woke up as if hearing what Neighsay said, “What?!”

Twilight looked at Star Swirl feeling betrayed, “I... I don't understand. Why would you come here and not my school?”

“My travels brought me to Las Pegasus. I didn't come for the school, but Flim and Flam convinced me to try it out.”

“You can't trust Flim and Flam!” Twilight tried reasoning, “They tried to con the Apples out of their farm! They sold fake health tonic! They run a resort in Las Pegasus!”

“Technically, our resort is a legitimate business.” Flam assured her.

“She's right, Star Swirl,” Leo spoke up, “We've experienced their tricks before, and agree that they can't be trusted!”

“I spent a thousand years thinking the worst of a "bad" pony. You taught me to look for the best in him. Whatever Flim and Flam's past may be, starting this school shows they want to change for the better.”

Twilight Sparkle looked away in doubt, “I wish I could believe that.”

Star Swirl continued, “Besides, what's untrustworthy about opening a school of friendship? They don't even charge for classes.”

“I don't know. But I know they're up to something. And until I find out, I'm begging you, come to my school instead.”

“I understand feeling threatened by competition, but my word, Princess. I wonder if the ill manners of the creatures at your school aren't contagious,” Neighsay continued to slander the Young Six, “I think I will take my leave before I become infected.” As he left, Mikey blew a raspberry.

Bright Eyes frowned, “I don't like him!”

Star Swirl nodded, “Yes, he could stand to learn some manners,” he turned to Twilight, “Twilight, I promise I'll visit your school soon. But for now, perhaps it's best if you return there.”

“But! But.” Twilight tried to speak, but Starswirl left.

“Well, that went well.” Leo said in sarcasm.

“Something tells me we’ve out warmed our welcome.” Keno suspected.

“Guess so!” Bright Eyes agreed.

“Come on, Twilight.” Rarity told her friend.

“Let’s go.” Sunset said, as they helped her along.

As they were walking down the hall, Twilight piped up, “You don't think they're running an actual friendship school, do you?”

“Darling, of course not.” Rarity answered.

“This is the Flim Flam Brothers were talking about!” Sunset reminded her.

“They're masters of deception!” Leo added.

“Agreed! Which is why we have to investigate!” Rarity suggested.

“But we can't go poking around the school. Everypony'll think I'm still just "threatened by the competition".” Twilight reminded them.

“Only if we do it as ourselves.” Rarity countered.

Mikey's face brightened, “Ah yeah! Undercover ninjas!”

Keno looked equally excited, “Nice!”

Rarity opened a closet and they went inside. The fashionista looked around to make sure no one was watching before she closed the door. Moments later, she came out wearing an 80s style shirt, shorts, and a backwards turned baseball cap.

“In these disguises, we could pass as students at out own school.” Rarity explained.

Bright Eyes came out wearing a red jacket, a striped beanie, and round pink lensed glasses, “Technically, I am a student at your school.”

“We look awesome!” Mikey cheered.

“I'll say!” Keno agreed, as the two were were dressed as surfers.

“Hmm? This isn't all that different from what I usually wear.” Sunset said, while wearing a leather jacket and a black cap.

Twilight Sparkle spoke behind the door all muffled, “I don't know, Rarity.”

“Ah-ah. What did I say about using our real names?”

Twilight walked out with a frown. Her disguise was just an eye patch and sticky notes taped to her cutie mark, “Sorry, "Plainity". But I'm pretty sure, this, isn't enough of a disguise.”

Leo came out wearing a trench coat, a hat, and a fake mustache, “I agree with Twilight, Plainity. You'd have to be a complete moron to fall for that.”

“Hey, strangers! Are you guys new here?” Polo Play asked, while walking by.

Rarity blew some bubblegum, “We sure are. Completely new.”

“Great! See ya in class!”

Bright Eyes looked in disbelief, “Wow? He's gullible.”

Rarity squealed, “Now, I've read enough Shadow Spade to know the key to going undercover is rehearsing your back story, she cleared throat and spoke in affected voice, “I'm "Plainity". and I love bland old normal stuff. No frills for me,” she spoke normally, “Okay! Mikey, Keno, your turn.”

Mikey spoke in a surfer accent, "We're the surfer dudes, dude!”

Keno spoke in the same accent, “ And we like kicking back and catching gnarly waves!”

Sunset spoke, “I'm Flanksy, an elusive graffiti artist!”

“I'm Specks. Hipster at heart.” Bright Eyes spoke.

Twilight groaned, “My name's Eyepatch. I have an eye patch.”

Leo spoke flatly, “And I'm Trench Coat.”

“Perfect! Now, how do we start our investigation?” Rarity wondered.

Twilight answered, “I think we should split up. You guys enroll in some classes and find out what they're actually teaching. Leo and I will look around and see what we can find, assuming I'm not recognized.”

“And be careful. Flim and Flam might be on to us.” Leo warned them.

“Right.” And they all split up.


“You call a single eye patch a disguise?!” Twilight asked in disbelief.

“Even I know that.” Spike agreed.

“Guess we all have our idiot moments, aye no, Rarity?” Gabby asked.

Rarity huffed, “Well, I'm sure my counterpart had to make do with what she had.”

“You'd be surprised at how well you can improvise.” Buffy said.

“Maybe.” Raph replied.

“It's amazing nobody recognized any of you!” Casey told them.

“Well, they were fooled by Flim and Flam, no offense.” Donnie reminded them, as the group sighed.

“So what happened next?” Fluttershy asked.

“Yeah? Did you uncover the truth?” Pinkie wondered.

“We're getting there, Pinkie.” Leo answered.

“Rarity and I, or should I say Plainity and Specks were in Flam's class...” Bright Eyes continued.


“Welcome, newest students! Let's dive right in, shall we? One of the most important elements of friendship is being thoughtful. True or false?” Flam asked.

All the students raised their hooves before Flam pointed to Rarity and Bright Eyes, “If by "thoughtful" you mean "generous", I'd say true.” Rarity answered.

“And thoughtfulness also applies to showing compassion and caring.” Bright Eyes added.

“Correct!” Flam laughed, “It was a trick question. Very impressive, Miss...?”

“Plainity.”

“And I'm Specks.”

“Well, well, well, Miss Plainity and Specks, keep it up and you'll be ready for our next level in no time!” All the students gasped in awe at the two newcomers, “Now, let's see if you can demonstrate for the class. What's something generous, compassionate, and caring you could do for... me right now?”

Rarity and Bright Eyes thought for a moment before they went up to his desk and gave him a pillow to lay on and fed him some grapes.

“Class, Plainity and Specks here are now my star pupils. If any of you want a chance at studying with Starswirl, I'd take notes on their every action.”

The students began talking notes while the two unicorns smirked at each other. Their disguises were working.

Elsewhere, Mikey, Keno, and Sunset entered Flim's class and took seats, “Now what would be the best way to help a friend?” Flim pointed to Sunset.

“Uh... throw em a party?”

“Correct! Good work, Ms.-”

“Flanksy.”

“Well done, Flanksy! You'll be top student in no time!”

“Gnarly!” Mikey cheered.

“Bodacious!” Keno cheered.

Sunset looked back at Keno in confusion, “Bodacious?”

Keno whispered, “Surfer talk.”

Meanwhile, Leo and Twilight, after finding Flim and Flam's office, opened the door and peeked in.

“Hello? The door is open, so I'll just assume it's okay to come in and look around. Unless somepony says it's not. Alright, then.” Twilight spoke up.

“Let's find out what these two scammers are up to!” Leo said in determination. The two crept in and closed the door. Looking around, they spotted stacks of papers on the two desks.

Twilight read one from Flim's desk, “'The Element of Laughter and its applications'. Okay, that seems pretty genuine.”

Leo read one from Flam's desk, “'When to support your friends' decisions and when to talk sense.' Okay, nothing unscrupulous there.”

“Aha!” Twilight announced, “'Friendship University's true goal... is to help friends become better friends'?” she groaned, “Where is the proof that it's all a scam?”

“There isn't any!” came Flam's voice.

Leo and Twilight whipped around as the lights came on to reveal Flim and Flam. Then in a flash, Flim levitated off Twilight's eye patch and Leo's hat and mustache, and Flam snapped a picture of them.

“Twilight Sparkle! Did you really think an eye patch was enough of a disguise?” Flim asked rhetorically, “I mean, your coltfriend's disguise was more convincing!”

“No, I didn't!” Twilight answered.

Leo snatched his hat back, “It was our friend's misguided idea!”

Flam spoke, “Well, then we agree that everypony will recognize the Princess of Friendship and one of the Ninjas of Equestria in this photo of you two sneaking into our office.” he showed them the photo he took. While the two stared in shock.

“I can see the headline now!” Flim began, "'Princess of Jealousy! And Ninja of Nasty! Twilight Sparkle and Leonardo Bent on Ruining Her Competition!'"

“So sad. A news story like that would destroy your reputation. Nopony will want to go to your school after that,” Flam added, “Just wait until the papers get a hold of this!”

“'Princess and Ninja Unhinged!' It'll be the talk of Equestria!” Flim continued to boast.

Then as if things couldn't get any worse for the two, Starswirl walked in, levitating some worksheets.

“Well, gentleponies, I've finished another stack. The lessons in these worksheets are quite fascinating. Twilight? Leonardo? What's going on here?”

Flim spoke, “Oh, just your protégé and her coltfriend getting caught snooping in our office in disguise! Well, sort of.”

“Oh, honestly, Princess Twilight, envy does not look good on you.” Flam and his brother showed the photo to Star Swirl.

“I'm not envious!” Twilight argued.

Leo spoke to the Pillar, “Starswirl, you know we'd never lie to you. We know that Flim and Flam can never be trusted!”

“I know these two are up to something. We're just trying to find out what.” Twilight added.

Starswirl just looked at the two in disappointment, “The only ponies I see who are up to something are the ponies in this picture, and it is not the princess and ninja I know.” And with that, Star Swirl left.

“Well, it's about to be the princess and ninja all of Equestria knows.” Flim began.

“Unless... you decided to drop the whole "uncover the scam" thing.” Flam told them.

“Then we'll rip this silly picture up and not let it completely and utterly ruin you and your school.” Flim finished.

Leo not seeing any way out of this sighed in defeat, “Let's go, Twilight,” Twilight hung her head and walked out. Before he left, Leo shot back at the two con ponies, “This isn't over!”

“Actually...” Flim started.

“It is!” Flam declared, and they slammed the door in his face.


“And here I thought Starswirl learned not be stubborn after the Pony of Shadows,” Karai said and imitated Starswirl, “'Once a villain always a villain'.”

“Still haven't let that go, haven't you?” Shini asked her.

“I take awhile on grudges.”

“I admit it wasn't our best moments as ninjas.” Leo confessed.

Blade looked unsure, “I don't know. It sounded like Flim and Flam were expecting you to go snooping around.”

“And give Twilight bad press.” April added.

Caitlyn spoke, “Take it from a journalist, anyone would believe anything.”

Fluttershy frowned, and crossed her arms, “Those meanies!”

“Were the rest of you exposed as well?” Buffy asked.

“Luckily, no. We still had them fooled,” Sunset answered, “When Twilight and Leo regrouped with us, she explained what happened. Then she began to consider that maybe she was just jealous that Starswirl came to Flim and Flam's school and not hers. And that Flim and Flam may have turned over a new leaf.”

“I'd sure as believe that apples would grow out of my ears before I believe Flim and Flam will ever change!” Applejack voiced her skepticism.

Leo continued, “Thankfully, Rarity told her that if she knew Flim and Flam were up to no good then she couldn't give up. And then she figured out what their scam was. Sort of.”

“Oh, she did?!” Rarity inquired.

Mikey nodded, “Yep, she totally did.”

“What was the scam?” Rainbow asked.

Bright Eyes explained, “Like Starswirl told us, Flim and Flam didn't charge for classes. But they did charge for the work sheets, which they claimed they had to cover their funds and everything extra went to improving the school. But we realized that was actually the scam we had been trying to uncover.”

“But just to make sure, yours truly volunteered to find out...” Keno boasted.


Keno stood in line behind Starswirl as the wizard received another stack of work sheets from Flim and Flam.

“These lessons are so valuable. Are you sure I can't give you more?” He tried to give them a bit, but Flam pushed it back to him.

“Ah-ah-ah! Unnecessary! Being able to share them with a pony like you is our real reward,” But after Starswirl left and Keno handed them a single bit, his generosity vanished, “Oh, my. And you want to study alongside Starswirl, hmm?”

“It's all I have, man!” Keno acted out a plead.

Flam took the bit and levitated out a work sheet... And ripped it in two, giving the one half to Flim, “Come back for the rest when you can afford it.”

“W-Wait! I'll give you dudes my shirt!” he pulled off his tank top.

Flam spoke, “And that's the kind of determination that'll get you to the next level, student whose... name I know!”

They took the tank top and gave him the two halves of the work sheet, “Righteous!” He left the room and regrouped with the others who had seen everything, “Oh, yeah, these work sheets are definitely the scam!”

“We thought so!” Leo said with a frown.

“So not cool!” Mikey agreed.

“And I spent all my bit allowance on these dumb work sheets!” Bright Eyes vented.

“Of course the only problem now is figuring out how to expose them?” Sunset told them.

Rarity whispered, “Twilight, maybe the rest of us should take over the investigation. Think of your reputation!”

Twilight Sparkle shook her head, “My reputation isn't worth much if I won't risk it for what I think is right. Besides, I have a plan...” Everyone smirked at each other as Sunset asked.

“Tell us what to do?”

A few minutes later, Leo and Twilight watched as Flim and Flam went into their office with a sack of the bits they collected. Using their ninja stealth, they crept up to the door and carefully opened it a crack.

When they did, they watched as Flam turned the arrows on the wall clock then he and Flim turned the two portraits of themselves upside down. A secret door opened up to reveal a hallway and the two disappeared inside as the door closed behind them. Leo and Twilight frowned as her horn lit up.

The hallway led to another door. Flim and Flam pushed it open a walked into a secret room. Stacks of bits laid all over the room and Flam added their new bit collection, and Keno's shirt, to one of the stacks.

“Well, brother of mine, we've got almost all the bits we need to expand our resort. If we add another level of classes and worksheets, we'll be there.” Flim began.

“Maybe we should add two levels, just to be safe.” Flam suggested.

They walked up to a model of their resort and Flam pushed a button. Miniature spotlights turned on, the model Ferris wheel turned, and water poured out of the model fountain.

Flim sighed, “It's a thing of beauty. But I was thinking. What if we added another extreme pool slide here?” he levitated a small marker flag to a spot on the model.

Flam inspected it, “Mmmm... Sure, as long as the pipes for the musical chocolate fountain go through... here.” He levitated a marker to another spot.

Twilight Sparkle spoke up, “But shouldn't it go closer to the pudding hot tub here?”

“Right next to the tapioca jacuzzi there?” Leo added.

Flim nodded, “Fair point, but— What?!” The brothers whipped around to find Leo and Twilight standing behind them.

“Gotcha!” Leo declared.

“I knew your school was a scam!” Twilight called them out.

The brothers still weren't worried, as Flim spoke, “Well, well, well, if it isn't the Princess of Jealousy and the Ninja of Nasty. I guess we'll be going to the papers after all.”

“And I suppose we'll just lead your students into this secret room of bits and resort expansion plans!” Twilight replied in sarcasm.

“I can see the headlines now, 'School Of Fraudship Run By Crooked Ponies Flim And Flam'!” Leo said mimicking the two from earlier.

Flam suddenly got worried, “Uhhhh... l-let's not get hasty. You have something on us. We have something on you. Let's just call it even.”

Twilight Sparkle shook her head, “I don't think so. You can destroy my reputation if you want, but using your students' bits to expand your resort is wrong, even if the lessons you teach are good ones.”

“Of course they're good. We copied them from your book.” Flam answered.

“We just skipped every other page. All the lessons, half the time!” Flim added.

Leo was shocked, “How did you get a copy of Twilight's book?!”

“Some mysterious pony gave it to us.” Flim explained.

“We never bother to asked who it was. And quite frankly, we didn't care.” Flam said.

Leo spoke under his breath, “Ten to one, it was Chancellor Neighsay. Or Shredder and Krang.”

Twilight groaned, “Fine. If you really want to call it even, give back the bits and stop charging for my lessons. Then you can teach them as much as you like.”

“Nah!” the brothers answered together.

Flim spoke, “Running a school is more work than we thought. Besides, we almost have everything we need.” With that, they both raced for the door, only for Mikey, Sunset, and Keno to burst in and surround them.

“Booyakasha!” Mikey declared.

“Huh?!” Flim asked.

“What is this?!” Flam demanded.

Then Rarity and Bright Eyes walked in, “We think not!” Rarity began.

“You guys are busted!” Bright Eyes added.

“Plainity and Specks? My star pupils?” Flam asked in disbelief.

“Not Plainity, but... Rarity!” Rarity said removing her disguise.

“And my name's really...” Bright Eyes threw off her disguise and put her normal glasses on, “Bright Eyes!”

Flim looked confused, “Who?” he then noticed who was surrounding them, “Flanksy? And the surfer dudes?”

“We ain't no surfer dudes, dude.” Keno began, as he and Mikey threw off their disguises.

“We're Ninja and Vigilante dudes!” Mikey declared.

“And the name's not Flanksy,” Sunset threw off her disguise next, “It's Sunset Shimmer! And you two just stepped into a confession!”

Flim and Flam just laughed, “And how pray tell, did we do that?” Flam asked.

“We decided to bring somepony else here to listen to everything you just said!” Rarity answered.

“Isn't that right? Starswirl!” Bright Eyes asked smugly.

And the unicorn wizard walked in leaving the brothers nervous, “Hey, Starswirl. We were just about to—“ Flim was cut off by Starswirl who spoke firmly to the brothers.

“Return the bits you've collected from your students and close your school?”

Flam gulped, “Yeah. That.”

“And I'll take my shirt back, thank you!” Keno took his shirt back.

Later, outside the now closed down Friendship University, Flim and Flam were giving back the bits they swindled from their students while Starswirl, Twilight, and the Ninjas watched them.

Starswirl sighed, “It seems I'll never stop learning from your example, Twilight. It is a valuable lesson to stand up for what you know is true. I wish I had known it, too.”

“Don't feel bad, Starswirl. Flim and Flam had everyone fooled.” Leo told him.

“And your heart was in the right place in giving them a chance.” Sunset added.

“Bet Chancellor Neighsay will feel like an idiot when he finds out he accredited a fake school!” Keno added.

“Man, I'd love to see the look on his face!” Mikey laughed.

“Serves him right for what he said about my friends!” Bright Eyes said.

One of the former Friendship U students spoke, “Thanks for returning our bits. But how are we going to learn about friendship now?” All the students muttered to themselves, wondering the same thing.

Starswirl smiled, “Well, I can refer you to a fairly reputable establishment just outside of Ponyville. I'm quite certain the headmare would consider letting you in.”

Twilight nodded, “Mm hmm.”

“And If you want, we can also train you all in Ninjitsu?” Leo offered, as the students all cheered.


“And after we got back, the students joined Twilight's school. And you know the rest of our time there.” Sunset concluded.

“Wow! What an adventure!” Pinkie cheered.

“That was awesome, even though you should've kick those jerks ninja style.” Rainbow said.

“There are ways of handling problems without violence, Rainbow Dash.” Fluttershy reminded her.

Rarity nodded, “Indeed.”

“Probably could've used that myself.” Applejack sighed.

“Maybe. Doesn't help they ask for it.” Raph replied.

“Still, couldn't believe Neighsay supported their 'university'.” Casey said in disbelief.

“At least now he's supporting Twilight's school.” April reminded him.

“That was cool!” Zach admitted.

“Least you got the dirt on those jerks.” Caitlyn said.

“Wow.” Buffy gasped in amaze.

Bright Eyes smiled, but still felt hurt with her teachers and walked away.

“Bright Eyes? Where ya going?” Blade asked.

“I just remembered. I gotta go meet with Lancer and his friends.” she left.

“What I don't understand is how Flim and Flam managed to get a copy of Princess Twilight's book?” Rarity asked.

“It's a mystery to us and her.” Sunset admitted.

“I thought maybe it could have been Neighsay or Shredder & Krang?” Leo suggested.

Mikey shook his head, “Nope, it was neither of them. It was Cozy Glow!”

“And why was it Cozy Glow?” Sunset asked.

“She needed the six magical artifacts that were in Twilight's office for her evil plan, right? So, she made a copy of Twilight's book, gave it to Flim and Flam, knowing they'd use it for some kind of scam. And once the flyers came out, she showed them to the whole school, making the students more interested in it, thus prompting Twilight to go check it out. And since she obviously knew I was spying on her that day, she used it to her advantage, knowing that you guys would drag me along, getting me, the guy who suspected her, out of the way. And with the office unguarded, she was free to steal the artifacts so she could use them in her magic draining plan!” Mikey declared followed by a smirk.

Everyone stared at Mikey dumbfounded, “That's... actually a plausible theory, Mikey.” Donnie admitted.

“I concur. It does make logical sense in a way.” Fugitoid agreed.

“Wow! Did we step into an alternate dimension again?” Raph asked everyone who were still too shocked to answer.