• Published 24th Oct 2022
  • 1,064 Views, 36 Comments

Second Childhoods - Proud Lutheran



Characters from across the multiverse become foals in Equestria

  • ...
2
 36
 1,064

Monster Dance

Princess Celestia had vanished. In her place was a creature of nightmares. Nightmare Moon sneered down at the residents of Ponyville, reveling in their despair. Effortlessly she fought off the royal guards. “The night shall last forever!” she declared with a cruel cackle. Never in her life had Twilight felt so afraid and helpless.

Nightmare Moon was about to vanish in a burst of smoke when something struck her from behind. The crack of a whip was heard and Nightmare Moon fell from the balcony, screaming in agony. Everypony fell back as the dark princess hit the ground. She got to her hooves with a growl and turned to face her opponent. “Who dares?” she demanded.

Standing on the balcony was an earth pony colt with a cream-colored coat and a flowing blonde mane. In his hooves was an ornate whip. Nopony could believe what they were seeing. A mere child had stood up to Nightmare Moon!

“My name is Simon Belmont,” declared the colt, “I’ve not been here long, but I know a creature of the night when I see one.”

The fallen princess bared her fangs. “Insolent foal!” She fired a blast from her horn. Simon dodged by leaping down from the balcony. On the way down, he swung his whip. It struck true and Nightmare Moon reeled back with a cry of pain. She soared into the air and fired a sustained beam at Simon. Taking the whip in his mouth, the colt ran to keep away from the dark magic.

Nightmare Moon’s attack abruptly ceased when a cyan pegasus rammed into her, breaking her concentration. Rainbow Dash slammed her hoof into the alicorn’s face, but Nightmare Moon responded in kind, knocking the pegasus back with superior strength. This distraction was all Simon needed to climb up and leap from a nearby building, swinging the whip at the monster. His whip wrapped around Nightmare Moon’s leg. She screamed as though a thousand fires were burning her and began to plummet. Turning around, she fired at Simon, who was in midair, striking him in the chest. He let go of the whip and continued his fall. Rainbow Dash swooped in and caught him while Nightmare Moon crashed once again, struggling to unwrap the burning whip from her back leg.

Sensing an opportunity, Twilight fired her own blast of magic at the princess. Nightmare Moon, having just managed to free herself, hastily cast a shield. As she held off the magic of Celestia’s apprentice, Rainbow Dash dove in, landing a brutal strike to her back. Nightmare Moon winced, but held firm against Twilight and Rainbow’s attacks. Unfortunately for her, Applejack decided to join the fight. The farm mare ran up savagely kicked the alicorn’s side.

Deciding that enough was enough, Nightmare Moon released a wave from her body that disrupted Twilight’s concentration and sent the other two mares flying backwards. She whirled around to look for the colt, spotting him just in time for the whip to strike. She cried out, but the colt did not let up. He lashed her again and again in quick succession, displaying a mastery with the weapon far beyond his age. She leaped back to escape the pain and returned to the air, conjuring her most powerful shield all around her. Perhaps it was best to retreat and plan a means to dispose of this dangerous foe. “I know not what magic you wield, foal, but you cannot stop the night! You shall soon perish by my hoof!”

With that declaration, she transformed into blue smoke and retreated to the castle. She hoped that her old home had been properly maintained in her absence.

Author's Note:

I don’t know much about Castlevania and fights aren’t my strong suit, yet here we are. I’m actually surprised that I haven’t found anything on the site showing a Belmont fight Nightmare Moon. Maybe I just don’t look hard enough.

Comments ( 5 )

Just doing some self promotion. Don't mind me, it's also related somewhat >w>

:pinkiehappy: -squee- either way. Hope ole Simon stops once he saw that the elements purified her.

11414008
I don’t want to talk about it.

A lot of these are them just freaking out about being turned into a in pony on repeat. Very boring. Since these are so short we'll unlikely ever see any real development.

Login or register to comment